2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Music on the course?

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > The "problem" with music is that it is so personal. One man's trash........

> > > I play often with one person who has very similar taste as I do, we usually enjoy some tunes when we play, I have another friend that has a totally different taste and he is "that guy" who insists his music is awesome and everyone else in the world has horrible taste.

> > > It's really about respecting other peoples space, and asking. If someone is opposed then turn it off.

> > >

> > > It's almost like smoking, some people don't mind or will partake, others are offended. Just be respectful.

> >

> > I agree but when it comes to my cigars, I am enjoying them. :) If someone doesn't like them, I won't take it personally if they stay away from me, pay for their own cart or find another tee group. We share outside, inside is another topic.

>

> Ever heard the concept 'conciderate smokers'..?

Yes. Have you heard non-smokers do NOT have more rights than I do? You apparently overlooked my reference to inside there's a difference. Being considerate does NOT mean I don't smoke because another person doesn't like it. We stay away from each other as best we can.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > The "problem" with music is that it is so personal. One man's trash........

> > > > I play often with one person who has very similar taste as I do, we usually enjoy some tunes when we play, I have another friend that has a totally different taste and he is "that guy" who insists his music is awesome and everyone else in the world has horrible taste.

> > > > It's really about respecting other peoples space, and asking. If someone is opposed then turn it off.

> > > >

> > > > It's almost like smoking, some people don't mind or will partake, others are offended. Just be respectful.

> > >

> > > I agree but when it comes to my cigars, I am enjoying them. :) If someone doesn't like them, I won't take it personally if they stay away from me, pay for their own cart or find another tee group. We share outside, inside is another topic.

> >

> > Ever heard the concept 'conciderate smokers'..?

>

> Yes. Have you heard non-smokers do NOT have more rights than I do? You apparently overlooked my reference to inside there's a difference. Being considerate does NOT mean I don't smoke because another person doesn't like it. We stay away from each other as best we can.

Typical smoker mentality. "The world should bend to me and not the other way around."

> @chippa13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > The "problem" with music is that it is so personal. One man's trash........

> > > > > I play often with one person who has very similar taste as I do, we usually enjoy some tunes when we play, I have another friend that has a totally different taste and he is "that guy" who insists his music is awesome and everyone else in the world has horrible taste.

> > > > > It's really about respecting other peoples space, and asking. If someone is opposed then turn it off.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's almost like smoking, some people don't mind or will partake, others are offended. Just be respectful.

> > > >

> > > > I agree but when it comes to my cigars, I am enjoying them. :) If someone doesn't like them, I won't take it personally if they stay away from me, pay for their own cart or find another tee group. We share outside, inside is another topic.

> > >

> > > Ever heard the concept 'conciderate smokers'..?

> >

> > Yes. Have you heard non-smokers do NOT have more rights than I do? You apparently overlooked my reference to inside there's a difference. Being considerate does NOT mean I don't smoke because another person doesn't like it. We stay away from each other as best we can.

>

> Typical smoker mentality. "The world should bend to me and not the other way around."

Well, unless of course it's pot, then apparently it's okay now.

That's it, I'm playing golf, in a cart, while listening to music, drinking beer, wearing jeans, smoking cigs while playing blades.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I’ve played a few course lately that have internet music built into the carts. The world hasn’t blown up yet! God forbid you hear the Eagles Take It Easy from two holes over.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Two tee's close to one another with cart path between. I'm on one tee when guy playing the other hole pulls up in his cart with rap music playing loud enough to hear 50' away. Skunk can't smell his own hole and that's why I'm not in favor of music on the course.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > The "problem" with music is that it is so personal. One man's trash........

> > > > I play often with one person who has very similar taste as I do, we usually enjoy some tunes when we play, I have another friend that has a totally different taste and he is "that guy" who insists his music is awesome and everyone else in the world has horrible taste.

> > > > It's really about respecting other peoples space, and asking. If someone is opposed then turn it off.

> > > >

> > > > It's almost like smoking, some people don't mind or will partake, others are offended. Just be respectful.

> > >

> > > I agree but when it comes to my cigars, I am enjoying them. :) If someone doesn't like them, I won't take it personally if they stay away from me, pay for their own cart or find another tee group. We share outside, inside is another topic.

> >

> > Ever heard the concept 'conciderate smokers'..?

>

> Yes. Have you heard non-smokers do NOT have more rights than I do? You apparently overlooked my reference to inside there's a difference. Being considerate does NOT mean I don't smoke because another person doesn't like it. We stay away from each other as best we can.

So, you are conciderate when it suits you, Is that it?

'Do you mind if I smoke?'

'Yes.'

'Too bad, go away.'

I know smokers who try to stay downwind and a bit farther away when they smoke and join the group once the cigarette is finished. Cigar smokers seem to be the worst as cigars last long and the smoke is not inhaled to satisfy nicotine deficiency. But even with a cigar a person can choose to be either conciderate or inconciderate.

> @chippa13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > The "problem" with music is that it is so personal. One man's trash........

> > > > > I play often with one person who has very similar taste as I do, we usually enjoy some tunes when we play, I have another friend that has a totally different taste and he is "that guy" who insists his music is awesome and everyone else in the world has horrible taste.

> > > > > It's really about respecting other peoples space, and asking. If someone is opposed then turn it off.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's almost like smoking, some people don't mind or will partake, others are offended. Just be respectful.

> > > >

> > > > I agree but when it comes to my cigars, I am enjoying them. :) If someone doesn't like them, I won't take it personally if they stay away from me, pay for their own cart or find another tee group. We share outside, inside is another topic.

> > >

> > > Ever heard the concept 'conciderate smokers'..?

> >

> > Yes. Have you heard non-smokers do NOT have more rights than I do? You apparently overlooked my reference to inside there's a difference. Being considerate does NOT mean I don't smoke because another person doesn't like it. We stay away from each other as best we can.

>

> Typical smoker mentality. "The world should bend to me and not the other way around."

You and a few others are quite the distortionists. Did you all drop out of school for that or does it come naturally? I am not going to explain further. Considerate is a two-way street. Sorry, you don't understand the concept and rather assume about my intentions. My last comment on the subject is I along with many other men faced fire for The Constitution and would do it again, your right to distort. Regardless of what you think, considerate does NOT mean giving up my rights to make you happy.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @chippa13 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > The "problem" with music is that it is so personal. One man's trash........

> > > > > > I play often with one person who has very similar taste as I do, we usually enjoy some tunes when we play, I have another friend that has a totally different taste and he is "that guy" who insists his music is awesome and everyone else in the world has horrible taste.

> > > > > > It's really about respecting other peoples space, and asking. If someone is opposed then turn it off.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's almost like smoking, some people don't mind or will partake, others are offended. Just be respectful.

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree but when it comes to my cigars, I am enjoying them. :) If someone doesn't like them, I won't take it personally if they stay away from me, pay for their own cart or find another tee group. We share outside, inside is another topic.

> > > >

> > > > Ever heard the concept 'conciderate smokers'..?

> > >

> > > Yes. Have you heard non-smokers do NOT have more rights than I do? You apparently overlooked my reference to inside there's a difference. Being considerate does NOT mean I don't smoke because another person doesn't like it. We stay away from each other as best we can.

> >

> > Typical smoker mentality. "The world should bend to me and not the other way around."

>

> You and a few others are quite the distortionists. Did you all drop out of school for that or does it come naturally? I am not going to explain further. Considerate is a two-way street. Sorry, you don't understand the concept and rather assume about my intentions. My last comment on the subject is I along with many other men faced fire for The Constitution and would do it again, your right to distort. Regardless of what you think, considerate does NOT mean giving up my rights to make you happy.

I must say that I was not prepared for a counter argument that stupid. The Constitution... geeeezz...

Well, at least we all now know where you stand and that is on the side of complete inconciderates.

• Like 1

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @chippa13 said:

> > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > The "problem" with music is that it is so personal. One man's trash........

> > > > > > > I play often with one person who has very similar taste as I do, we usually enjoy some tunes when we play, I have another friend that has a totally different taste and he is "that guy" who insists his music is awesome and everyone else in the world has horrible taste.

> > > > > > > It's really about respecting other peoples space, and asking. If someone is opposed then turn it off.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's almost like smoking, some people don't mind or will partake, others are offended. Just be respectful.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I agree but when it comes to my cigars, I am enjoying them. :) If someone doesn't like them, I won't take it personally if they stay away from me, pay for their own cart or find another tee group. We share outside, inside is another topic.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ever heard the concept 'conciderate smokers'..?

> > > >

> > > > Yes. Have you heard non-smokers do NOT have more rights than I do? You apparently overlooked my reference to inside there's a difference. Being considerate does NOT mean I don't smoke because another person doesn't like it. We stay away from each other as best we can.

> > >

> > > Typical smoker mentality. "The world should bend to me and not the other way around."

> >

> > You and a few others are quite the distortionists. Did you all drop out of school for that or does it come naturally? I am not going to explain further. Considerate is a two-way street. Sorry, you don't understand the concept and rather assume about my intentions. My last comment on the subject is I along with many other men faced fire for The Constitution and would do it again, your right to distort. Regardless of what you think, considerate does NOT mean giving up my rights to make you happy.

>

> I must say that I was not prepared for a counter argument that stupid. The Constitution... geeeezz...

>

> Well, at least we all now know where you stand and that is on the side of complete inconciderates.

And despite his inconsiderate behavior, it would be my honor to play with such a rascallian.

Biggest problem with allowing music on the course is that it creeps into all aspects of play. I can tolerate it during casual rounds, but it's becoming increasingly prevalent during events and even club tournaments. Makes for an awkward start to the round when you get paired up with someone in a tournament round and you have to let them know that you prefer not to have music playing …

Clubs really need to start setting explicit rules about music. I know it's here to stay (unfortunately), but I'd really prefer to not have it allowed during morning rounds and in club events

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @chippa13 said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > The "problem" with music is that it is so personal. One man's trash........

> > > > > > > > I play often with one person who has very similar taste as I do, we usually enjoy some tunes when we play, I have another friend that has a totally different taste and he is "that guy" who insists his music is awesome and everyone else in the world has horrible taste.

> > > > > > > > It's really about respecting other peoples space, and asking. If someone is opposed then turn it off.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's almost like smoking, some people don't mind or will partake, others are offended. Just be respectful.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I agree but when it comes to my cigars, I am enjoying them. :) If someone doesn't like them, I won't take it personally if they stay away from me, pay for their own cart or find another tee group. We share outside, inside is another topic.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ever heard the concept 'conciderate smokers'..?

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes. Have you heard non-smokers do NOT have more rights than I do? You apparently overlooked my reference to inside there's a difference. Being considerate does NOT mean I don't smoke because another person doesn't like it. We stay away from each other as best we can.

> > > >

> > > > Typical smoker mentality. "The world should bend to me and not the other way around."

> > >

> > > You and a few others are quite the distortionists. Did you all drop out of school for that or does it come naturally? I am not going to explain further. Considerate is a two-way street. Sorry, you don't understand the concept and rather assume about my intentions. My last comment on the subject is I along with many other men faced fire for The Constitution and would do it again, your right to distort. Regardless of what you think, considerate does NOT mean giving up my rights to make you happy.

> >

> > I must say that I was not prepared for a counter argument that stupid. The Constitution... geeeezz...

> >

> > Well, at least we all now know where you stand and that is on the side of complete inconciderates.

>

> And despite his inconsiderate behavior, it would be my honor to play with such a rascallian.

I agree. I know I’ve had my disagreements with Pepperturbo, but I’d still love to play a round with him. I’ll even bring him a cigar and one for myself as well. No doubt it would be an interesting conversation on course.

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @LeoLeo99 said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > @chippa13 said:

> > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > The "problem" with music is that it is so personal. One man's trash........

> > > > > > > > > I play often with one person who has very similar taste as I do, we usually enjoy some tunes when we play, I have another friend that has a totally different taste and he is "that guy" who insists his music is awesome and everyone else in the world has horrible taste.

> > > > > > > > > It's really about respecting other peoples space, and asking. If someone is opposed then turn it off.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's almost like smoking, some people don't mind or will partake, others are offended. Just be respectful.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I agree but when it comes to my cigars, I am enjoying them. :) If someone doesn't like them, I won't take it personally if they stay away from me, pay for their own cart or find another tee group. We share outside, inside is another topic.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ever heard the concept 'conciderate smokers'..?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes. Have you heard non-smokers do NOT have more rights than I do? You apparently overlooked my reference to inside there's a difference. Being considerate does NOT mean I don't smoke because another person doesn't like it. We stay away from each other as best we can.

> > > > >

> > > > > Typical smoker mentality. "The world should bend to me and not the other way around."

> > > >

> > > > You and a few others are quite the distortionists. Did you all drop out of school for that or does it come naturally? I am not going to explain further. Considerate is a two-way street. Sorry, you don't understand the concept and rather assume about my intentions. My last comment on the subject is I along with many other men faced fire for The Constitution and would do it again, your right to distort. Regardless of what you think, considerate does NOT mean giving up my rights to make you happy.

> > >

> > > I must say that I was not prepared for a counter argument that stupid. The Constitution... geeeezz...

> > >

> > > Well, at least we all now know where you stand and that is on the side of complete inconciderates.

> >

> > And despite his inconsiderate behavior, it would be my honor to play with such a rascallian.

>

> I agree. I know I’ve had my disagreements with Pepperturbo, but I’d still love to play a round with him. I’ll even bring him a cigar and one for myself as well. No doubt it would be an interesting conversation on course.

>

>

I disagree with some of my closest friends, disagreements are normal. What isn't is how some idiots behave online over disagreements. Calling me inconsiderate because I won't do want someone wants is not inconsiderate. Actions must benefit all parties. Anyhow, "thank you" both for the kind words.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

> @chippa13 said:

> The right to breathe clean air trumps the right to pollute it. You don't **** in a river when someone is fishing 20 feet downstream, do you?

Pepperturbo would because it is his space and everyone else just need to leave.

Consideration is obviously a word Pepperturbo was never taught what it means. Well, that goes to many smokers, they think they own the world. Fortunately the space for smokers is shrinking rapidly, even in the Good Old USA. In other parts of the world there are smoke-free outdoor events, smoke-free golf competitions and even smoke-free blocks of flats and office buildings!

Don't worry, Pepperturbo, these will eventually reach your part of the world as well.

It seems that generally:

People who play music on the course THINK they're quiet and not disturbing others.

People who smoke THINK they're being considerate and their smoke isn't annoying others.

People who talk away on their mobile in restaurants or stores THINK they're quiet enough and not bothering those around them.

And at least 9 times out of 10, _all of the above are wrong_. Your music carries a long way on an open golf course and probably is bothering others. Smokers have their sense of smell dulled enough they don't understand how far smoke carries and how physically irritating it really is to a non-smoker. It isn't just annoying; with me it inflames nasal tissue and causes significant eye irritation. And the cell phone talkers are usually talking much louder than they would if it was a conversation with someone standing beside them.

The simple courtesy of understanding that your actions do indeed bother others and taking action accordingly would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Lol, these music threads crack me up every time. I’ll gladly take music over the pace of play I see from 90% of people who play. Grinding over every putt like it is to win the Masters. Music won’t ruin my round or your round, even if it is too loud and terrible. Poor pace ruins everybody’s round in your group and every single group behind you.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

> @"seven dewey" said:

> Lol, these music threads crack me up every time. I’ll gladly take music over the pace of play I see from 90% of people who play. Grinding over every putt like it is to win the Masters. Music won’t ruin my round or your round, even if it is too loud and terrible. Poor pace ruins everybody’s round in your group and every single group behind you.

I didn't know we had to choose.

> @chippa13 said:

> At least the non-smokers don't treat the entire world as their ashtray.

Compared to leaving that water on while brushing your teeth or the byproduct of the vehicle that gets you to the course or the ozone pollution caused by 80% of electricity generation... want me to go on...what do you have from china, cause they really treat the world great?

Former smoker here, current ignorance hater. Let me guess you probably used to smoke also (poor assumption, but can't I be ignorant also?). Most past smokers are the worst when it comes to this discussion, cheerful irony. Can we start debating "vapers" too! Please let's enlighten ourselves some more!!!

Shut up and hit the ball!

> @CLCcaddy said:

> > @chippa13 said:

> > At least the non-smokers don't treat the entire world as their ashtray.

>

> Compared to leaving that water on while brushing your teeth or the byproduct of the vehicle that gets you to the course or the ozone pollution caused by 80% of electricity generation... want me to go on...what do you have from china, cause they really treat the world great?

>

> Former smoker here, current ignorance hater. Let me guess you probably used to smoke also (poor assumption, but can't I be ignorant also?). Most past smokers are the worst when it comes to this discussion, cheerful irony. Can we start debating "vapers" too! Please let's enlighten ourselves some more!!!

>

> Shut up and hit the ball!

You have missed the point big time and I choose not to spend time to explain it to you.

• 1 month later...

I actually thought it would be more prevalent by now. Seems to have slowed down to me. I love music doesn’t both me in the least. Now my hip?! That’s another story.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1