2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

Yeah. Railroad ties in this case are considered "integral part of the course". (as far as I can tell).

If they're used for retaining walls or stairs, they're considered immovable obstructions and you get relief for stance or swing (not line of flight as someone always think).

But, just because it can be moved doesn't mean it's a movable obstruction.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

From an article about Crooked Stick, and several hundred railroad ties used on its construction."When used as stairs to enter a bunker, or as a retaining walls located “through the green”, the railroad ties are simply immovable obstructions (man-made objects), and free relief may be taken under Rule 24-2. However, when the railroad ties define the margins of bunkers, or are located within the margins of water hazards, these walls are deemed by Local Rule to be integral parts of the course, and free relief is not available."

This country was built on railroads. Other than the Bald Eagle, there may be no better symbol of America than the beloved creosote laden railroad ties. Manifest Destiny, spreading America from coast to coast, regardless whether Native populations or Mexico or Spain was in the way. When they built that arch in St. Louis as a gateway to the west, and a subtle hint to the people of that city that "Hey, there's WAY better places to live than here!", twas the railroad tracks they followed to such prosperous cities as Denver, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, and yes, some even fled backwards and ended up in Bethesda MD. So when Pete Dye lays those Railroad ties down, and your golf ball bounces off one into the water, just know that its not just Pete Dye rejecting you, but all of America.

Anybody needs any, I can hook you up. Current Pricing is $20.21 each, freight not included.

• Like 1
Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

Yesterday DPW had to come by to snake a pipe we called about. The guy knocked on the door and I went out to talk to him. He's got a pick axe laying on the ground and I pick it up because, hey. . .pick axe.

DPW guy : "Ohhh, you don't wanna do that. It's got dookie all over the handle. All our stuff has dookie all over it."

Me, "Well, I guess I'll go wash my hands."

• Like 2

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Has anyone NOT heard the OcGolfRick Pete Dye story? It's simply wonderful.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Somewhat related, anyone been following the Roundup herbicide lawsuits? Its the next Asbestos for trial lawyers. In the original lawsuit that the guy won $80 million on, he claimed he went through a gallon a week of Roundup at his house, would never wear protective clothing, and would not wash his hands after, but sit down after spraying Roundup and eat a sandwich. This moron who Natural selection should have taken care of , is now $80 million richer, and never followed one instruction on the package.

Moral of the story: Don't wash your hands Citygame, and enjoy the proceeds from that C.Diff lawsuit you can file against the wealthy City of Baltimore.

Suck it, Ceejay.

AANXDSABE8ME.jpegIt was this bunker and 16th hole. PB Dye not papa Pete Dye. PB uses the ties as applied decor and I would argue that the ties are movable if loose and rotted. Older Asian couple almost landed in the frozen lake trying to fish for balls and I was almost ready to throw them the rail road tie.

Colony Champ Mark shot a 79 yesterday at PB Dye. Random info on colony champ - he was the captain of the English World Cup Lacrosse team.

• Like 1

Greetings, fellow ball golfians!

We had a lovely family golf outing yesterday. The entire family played as a foursome yesterday afternoon at the Pine Valley of Montgomery County, Falls Road GC.

My wife has gotten into more into golf recently, mainly for the exercise and the scenery. She doesn't care about scores, but she has a nice swing and is pretty handy with a wedge. When she goes out with randos during the week she rarely plays with anyone better than her. But then it is Falls Road.

My daughter agreed to play with us, for probably the 3rd time this year. She hasn't swung a club in months, but being gymnast, she's strong and flexible and has amazing body control. So she hit some bombs with her driver. Her short game, on the other hand, needs much work.

The girls played with Junior and me on the front 9, and then left to go shopping, while we continued on. Junior shot even par on the front, including 2 birdies, but the back was not so kind (7 over). But still, that was his lowest score ever. I was my usual mixed back of nice pars and garbage holes. I didn't keep track, but I probably shot in the mid to upper 80's.

Overall it was a lovely day to golf our balls, and it was great to be out with the whole family.

• Like 3

Hope everyone is enjoying their thread vacation or actual vacations...

Been able to get out to hit balls for 4 days in the last week which is easily the best I've done in the last three months. Saw Tex at MV on Friday who has played 5x as many rounds at MV as I have this fall/winter. Had some end of the year shop credit to use and given that I dont need any more new clubs right now, ended up with a pair of FJ Contour Boas. Tossed three old pairs of shoes this weekend that I had worn through so its a good time to start replacing them.

Thursday I had a chance to go to Topgolf at National Harbor with my brother and dad. Due to a variety of health issues, two hip replacements and a shoulder replacement, its probably been ten years since I've even hit balls with my dad. So it was awesome. We had planned on just going for an hour but ended up staying for three. Was my first time there and even though I live right next to the Alexandria one, I can see why they are closing that one down. The NH one is just a much bigger/nicer facility with plenty of easy parking right across the street. And my dad had a blast, he is still firing it out there pretty good and we could just tell how much fun he was having. At my age, you really count your blessings when you can have a day like that.

Back to work for a couple days and then hoping to actually get some golf on Thursday.

• Like 2

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Played EPP on Saturday. Had a 730 tee time, but didn't tee off until after 830 due to some sort of fog/frost issue. It was kind of foggy about 8 feet off the ground, but otherwise was fine. They said the fog sinks and creates frost? Never heard of that. Whatever...Made for a picturesque morning.

VSE0WV58F7WI.png

After standing around for an hour I sliced the shit out of my first two tee balls, and then played great. Didn't keep score, but I had a bunch of birdie putts and hit the hole with a few of them. They only cut holes once every few days at EPP, so I counted all of the ones I lipped out. Irons were generally good, couple fat ones., but a lot of GIR. Chipped in from the front of #12 for an eag.

Carried 8 clubs in the new bag. It's pretty good, but I need some additional tinkering. It's tough on a day like Saturday when I was shedding and carrying layers after a few holes. After #9 I dropped all the clothes in the car and it was great. Will be really nice for the summertime when there's minimal stuff in the bag, and you don't need to pack multiple hats/shirts/etc. It's comfortable to carry, but If I know I'm going to carry, I may just take my titleist stand bag. It's more comfortable on the shoulders, and the stand does make a difference. Or maybe not. I don't know. I have too many options now.

• Like 1

The earlier the better at EPP. Our foursome was third off, behind two threesomes of guys who are there every weekend (think the bethpage guys who always play the red course). They were flying, and our foursome got around in 3:40. Group behind us wasn't yet on the 10th tee by the time we were teeing off #12. They were the ones who ruined it for everyone else.

• Like 1

18RAEZ0GCIZ6.jpgSo, there's fog that forms when warm air blows over cool ground, and that's probably what this was since Saturday warmed up quickly. We had all that warm air moving in and the ground had been mostly frozen over the last few week. That's low fog that hangs over the ground like your picture.

Then, there's "freezing fog" which is a regular fog, but it's super cold and if it touches something, it freezes, like freezing rain.

I SUSPECT that the course thought you were getting freezing fog, when in fact you were getting the first type of fog. Actually, I more than "suspect" it.

You still could have had frost that morning. That green on the left looks frosty, but I don't like their fog explanation.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Sunday Recap: Went out and played Seaside , played 25Cent Nines against MeatMike1.0 and a regular member. I made the first 9-0 on #6 with a birdie, and MeatMike1.0 had the only other 9 point shutout on #17. I Birdied #18 to make me jonesing to play golf again. Still lost $7.75 to MeatMike1.0 though.

Interesting sight on #17- Two Bald Eagles spiraling down to earth with their talons locked together, with another Bald Eagle flying above. They broke off about 8 feet from the ground and kept circling. MeatMike1.0 and I assumed they were fighting, but another guy in a group behind said they were mating. Extremely Rough sex if that's what it was.

Suck it, Ceejay.

how do you get a 9-0 in Nines?

We go 5-3-1 or 5-2-2 if you win the hole depending on what the other guys do.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

OH, I like that.

We played left/right on Saturday. I got hooked up with guys I used to play with a bit more, but I have a more regular game these days with TVJ and Q but I got with these guys. So we played straight up, no carry over, individual dots for birdies, sandies, ctp's (which carry-over if unclaimed).

These guys are all 9/10/11 cappers and we play left/right straight up and I played well. Didn't lose a hole till 16, made 3 birds, and took 3 pins on par 3 carry-over and had one sandy that was an inch from going in (that's $28 without even counting up holes I won, minus a couple birdies from them). Meanwhile, they're missing 2.5 footers, not converting CTP's, no chance from the sand. I like winning, but I'm not going out to play guys straight up and try to take their money. I ended up buying drinks until I was in the red. Sometimes it be like that.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Here's a question for you nerds out there:

I'm looking for a program/workspace to manage hundreds of accounts with about 5 or 6 users. Everyone has access to all accounts, documents can be uploaded and stored as completed, reminders are set (synced with outlook or not), and a history is saved (person A completed this on Date Y).

Basically - Set up account A by entering all info and setting dates for deliverables into the future. Seven days before Date #1, A reminder is sent to everyone on the team (or one person who can then assign to someone). Once that task is completed, the responsible person reps that they completed it, and upload the supporting document, etc..

I know you can do all of this with Office suite of products (excel/outlook/etc..), but that's what's being used now and it's not scale-able.

I feel like we've got a few guys here who are in project management and might have some good insight here. Anyone have experience with Microsoft Teams or Slack with hundreds of "projects" that need to be maintained? Are there other programs out there that might be better suited for this type of thing?