2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

new etiquette rule for 2020 : if you're going to crank your Spotify on the golf course, you can't have the version with commercials.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

For Microsoft products it sounds like you want Sharepoint.

You wouldn't use Slack for keeping any official files or tracking tasks. Though you can use Slack integrations to link things to your storage location (e.g. Box or DropBox) and keep track of tasks (e.g. Trello).

We briefly used Asana and that sounds like it could be your one-stop-shop for task and file tracking. You have an account and can log in and check it out again.

finished 2019 with a birdie. downhill 20 footer. par 3 playing 149. hit an 8 iron over the pin.

happy new year!

• Like 3

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Sharepoint is what I've used for the last 7 years or so - the govt is almost obsessed with moving away from shared folders and people just editing documents in a shared folder. Its great in that you can build workflows for the approvals as well so that once a document is added to a workflow, you can have it flow from one approver to the next. More importantly - to me at least - you can set timers on the approvals so that if you have someone that typically sits on things, it will skip over them and go to the next person.

Honestly I think it feels and looks a little klunky sometimes but its sort of what we are forced to use.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Happy New Year!

Played 9 at Worthington yesterday and there was hardly anybody on the course. My wife insisted I play a symbolic round to start the year and I had to oblige. Almost holed the par 3/6th but missed both the birdie and par putts from 3-4 feet. Putting still sucks. Parred the remaining three holes.

A grip change, initiated by a fore caddy at Harbor Town is paying off on full swings. Nice guy - he had pulled me aside after the round and confirmed my putting sucked and that I had just wasted 8 strokes. Said he played on the Hooter Tour but substance abuse and BAD PUTTING derailed his career. Did not ask if one lead to the other but we can all relate..

• Like 1

I was supposed to play yesterday but I checked the twitter feed in the morning and the course was just closed. I could have tried to find something but decided to just hang with wife all day. Made linguini with clams and scallops. Watched "The Two Popes".

You want to see the Rage of City : we go to the Whole Foods (they have good fish) and get clams and scallops, pick up a package of fresh pasta from the refrigerated area.

I get home, boil the water for the pasta, go to open the package, and realize it's "gluten free pasta".

No other pasta in the house. I've already seared the scallops, melted butter for the clams.

Me in kitchen : Oh, WTF?

Wife : what?

Me : Pasta is gluten free and we don't have any other.

Wife : I'll run to the store.

That's good stuff, wife. It's only like 3 blocks away, but who wants to do that.

It's my fault, well sort of. The main culprit here is the existence of gluten free pasta. You're gluten free? Fine. You don't get to eat pasta. It shouldn't exist. But, wife says, "whenever I buy something like pasta or bread, I check to see first." I'm just not in the habit. They really couldn't have made it more clear on the packaging, but it just wouldn't enter my mind that I might be buying gluten freen pasta.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I've got a long rant about Dean Knuth in the rules forum if anyone is interested.

It's a hissy fit, but it's a hissy fit in response to Knuth having a hissy fit. He's completely unhinged on the "par adjustment" in the new WHS.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

City, my take is kind of petty and doesn't belong in the rules forum.

I don't know the guy at all, so I could be missing the mark completely. But he basically spent his entire adult life building up the CR/Slope system. It being changed is a public acknowledgment that his life's work wasn't good enough. It reads like he's lashing out because of that, not because of any good argument against it. Eventually you have to let go and let someone else take the reins.

this is basically how I concluded that post.

I'm hurt you didn't read it to the end.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I don't understand his arguments at all. They don't make any sense to me. The new system doesn't seem any more or less equitable. If there are overall less strokes being allocated, who cares. It doesn't matter if the average winning net score goes up, or down. The lowest score wins.

The only thing anybody has ever done that was blatantly wrong was to decide they should use (differential - course handicap) to calculate net differential instead of (differential - handicap index). That was an atrocity.

Wife suggested we go to EPP yesterday. Place was almost empty....probably as empty as it's ever been for that nice of a day. We got out on the white course and pretty much had it to ourselves.

Tried out two things yesterday:

1) Golf Boots. It was soaked in spots, so I figured I'd wear them and walk through some casual water a few times. No issues whatsoever. They get a little warm, so need thin socks. Pretty comfortable. Didn't think about them once while playing, and we were walking. That's a plus.

2) New hybrid got a real test-drive. I was already thinking how stupid of a purchase this was and how 2nd swing will give me store credit until 3/31/20. I hit two shots off the ground from every non-par 3 tee box. First two were not good. Slices. Then I actually started swinging well, and hooo-boy this hybrid is good. A couple holes I hit a really good one, and then caught the second one a little fat, or not on the center, and they were right out there with one another. This club is staying in the bag. It also sounds a lot better than the F7. That could be because of the 2lbs of hotmelt someone put in the head. There's not really any rough out there at the moment, so I didn't get to see how that goes, but it's a keeper. Now I want to make all of my clubs extremely heavy. Wife continues to have career golf days every time she plays. Good start to the New Year. Pork and Sauerkraut for good luck in 2020.

• Like 2

2019 Holiday Golf Recap. Played three times during the holiday break which is definitely a record for me. Quick write up on each below.

12/24 Torrey Pines North: As I was visiting family in San Diego, I was able to sneak in a round at Torrey Pines North on Christmas Eve. The place is in incredible condition. They are in full on prep mode for the Farmers and both courses are in peak condition. Everything was perfectly green and the greens were absolutely amazing. The area got a lot of rain on 12/23, so they were not running as fast as they looked, but it was nice to putt on true surfaces which are understandably hard to find this time of year in Nova/MD/DC. The rough was lush and thick around the entire course and a real penalty when hit.

The round got off to a great start when I got paired with two locals who play there quite often. Both were walking, one with a Clic. They were also golf junkies (traveled to the US Open the last 4 years) and huge San Diego State college basketball fans. So the conversation flowed the entire round and they were also able to help me with some basic pointers for getting around the course. The front nine starts with two tough par fours that were playing long with the course a bit wet. Holes 2, 3 and 4 are the best on the front nine. As you move to hole 5, its a bit of a weak point in the routing as you move away from the ocean to three holes in a row that could be at any course in the area. That stretch of holes is definitely weaker than anything on the South. The back ends with two fun holes, a downhill par three and then a reachable par 5 which I birdied to closed out the front. The back nine on the North was amazing. You start with the par 5 10th which plays down a huge hill and toward the ocean. You swing back around for a short 4, but then hit the best stretch of holes on the course on 12-16. Just breathtaking views of the ocean and La Jolla.

A3XQ4UMIH4SK.jpeg

E0EC6FB1K7C2.jpeg

90KN5GBPI9UO.jpeg

Overall, I played pretty well and shot a 84 which I was very happy with. The amazing thing is that city residents only pay $42 to walk the North. One of the best deals in the entire country. I bought a 2021 US Open hat on my way out and off to holidays with the fam.

12/28 EPP: Typical round at EPP. Got paired up with two below average EPP golfers for a late afternoon outing at EPP. Was a slog with them through the front nine but was pleasantly surprised when the bailed after 9 and the coure completely opened up in front us. Weather was amazing for late Jan. and course was in good shape before the rain arrived on Sunday/Monday.

12/31 UMD: Last round of the year at UMD. It was very wet and even the range was closed. But I went out as a single at 9 AM and finished just before noon. I wasn't in a hurry and had a twosome in front of me but I never waited on them. I didn't play great and just enjoyed the last walk of the year. Since I was out there as a single, I actually played some music from my phone. Was kinda nice.

• Like 2

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

With ads, or without, Hoop?

My old wired over-ear headphones stopped working, so I picked up a pair of these. They've been on sale at Best Buy and Amazon since at least around Black Friday.

Best Buy International: Select your Country - Best Buy

I'm very happy with them, for the price. I also won't feel bad about ruining them from sweating in them exercising and practicing like I would if I shelled out for a really nice, expensive pair.

@XHoop24 The clouds in this image are great.
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/438/99V0FH7KOVVH.png[/img]You can just see the line where water vapor condenses.
Were the pics from different days, or did the clouds in the other pic just clear out?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I tossed those pics in quickly from my phone and didn't do a good job organizing or explaining them. They are actually in reverse order. So the pic on the bottom is from the first par 3 on the course, hole 3 and is your first taste of the ocean. The later pics are from 14 and 15, which are my the two most picturesque on the entire course. So it wasn't that the clouds cleared, but that they rolled in as the day went on.

Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Cleveland HB Soft 11S

The good news is TFT is on the side same side as Dean. That is when you know you having a winning argument.

Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Cleveland HB Soft 11S

Finally made it up to Second Swing today. Its a long haul to get there from here but at least its a mostly highway/easy drive. Worth it. I only had two leftover clubs that I wanted to get rid of and literally, I just wanted to get them out of the house. An old Adams Red hybrid and an M1 3 iron with a random shaft in there. Not sure I could have paid anyone in the BST to take them. Ended up getting $44 for both clubs which felt like stealing.

Place is really well laid out. IMO some of the best deals they have are on wedges - especially if you can live with some cosmetic flaws on the back of the club. They had a lot of SM7s and SM6s in the $50-70 range that had immaculate grooves but maybe a scratch or two here and there on the backs. I was looking for a 58* and picked up a TM Tour Preferred for $39. Only other thing I'd been interested in was hitting some 3 woods. I just dont love the ADDI shaft thats on my M4. Hit a few of the 917f3s that they had and after watching me hit some the sales guy found one that had an 80g Whiteboard in it that was @ an inch shorter than my M4. Felt/sounded great. Got the M4 out of my car to hit alongside it, total yardage was maybe a yard or two longer - basically a wash - but @ 10 yards more carry. $90 for the ones that were rated 8.0s - this one has a half inch scratch on the crown - but for the price it was worth it.

Overall, really impressed with the store and the staff. Traded in two worthless old club, walked out with a wedge and good fw wood for under $100 out of pocket.

Immediately went to MV and hit balls for two hours. Course is closed for two weeks so unfortunately could not get out and with the overnight rain tonight, not sure how places will be tomorrow.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

I'm long Joaquin Nieman this year. buy. buy buy.

not to re-open this can of worms but I just haven't looked at Kuch the same since caddieGate. not trying to convince anyone. I just look at him now completely differently than I did before and I don't root for him.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Heavy on Niemann, Wolff and Thomas in my DK lineups this week.

Dont know anything about the new TM drivers but at least it sounds fantastic.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*