New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

I went and hit all the new stuff today (other than the PING and Mizuno). Clear winner for me was the PXG Gen 2 X. I am gaming a G400 Max. Absolutely love the look, sound and feel of the X and it gave me better numbers than anything else. Going to hit everything again Friday but expect to place an order after that....

I am gaming a G400Max as well. What was the difference in the numbers? Did you demo using the same shaft, etc.?

Anyone get a chance to compare the PXG to F9 directly head to head? Spin, ball speeds, CHS, etc.?

I have hit both of them side by side indoors for product testing for MGS, using GC Quad launch monitor. It was not apples to apples because the PXG had the Tensei Pro White 60TX and the F9 had the Hzrdus Smoke 65g 6.5, those were what was offered via the companies for testing. I really loved both drivers, I think the PXG looks amazing, both feel really good. I don't have exact numbers available in terms of spin and ball speed, for me that day the F9 had 2-3 more yds of carry on avg. and was 8yds further in total distance. 109 avg SS, 272 vs 269 carry and 289 vs 281 total distance, most of my ball speeds were in the mid to upper 150's, smash factor has been somewhat low in all of the testing I have done for basically every driver coming out. The Cobra won out in terms of total distance, but I also don't play a golf course where I get 17yds of roll right now, Cobra also won in dispersion though I would have liked to have tried the PXG with a heavier shaft as that's what im accustom to playing(70-75g) and it was 1/2'' shorter in length though I was choking up on the Cobra some. Again I don't recall exact numbers, but spin was mid 2000's with the Cobra, about the same, maybe slightly less with the PXG. I did hit both models of the PXG, the XF was a little more spin and a little shorter overall than the X model.

Having said all that, I finished all the testing, the Cobra was still king (haha) and I put an order in for one with a Tensei Pro Orange as I was able to get it at no upcharge(hookup) and figured if I didn't like it that it would be easy to sell. Took the Cobra out this past weekend and hit a few on the range and then played 9, im not sure if it was the shaft, the driver or just swinging poorly but all but one drive was missed to the left. I don't really care for counterbalanced shafts and I am putting a Pro White in it for this weekend to try and will toy around with some settings, but if the Cobra continues to miss left a lot, I might have to reconsider, I don't need any additional help hitting it left. A friend is bringing out the PXG-X this weekend also, so I will be able to hit that on the course as well.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Anyone get a chance to compare the PXG to F9 directly head to head? Spin, ball speeds, CHS, etc.?

I have hit both of them side by side indoors for product testing for MGS, using GC Quad launch monitor. It was not apples to apples because the PXG had the Tensei Pro White 60TX and the F9 had the Hzrdus Smoke 65g 6.5, those were what was offered via the companies for testing. I really loved both drivers, I think the PXG looks amazing, both feel really good. I don't have exact numbers available in terms of spin and ball speed, for me that day the F9 had 2-3 more yds of carry on avg. and was 8yds further in total distance. 109 avg SS, 272 vs 269 carry and 289 vs 281 total distance, most of my ball speeds were in the mid to upper 150's, smash factor has been somewhat low in all of the testing I have done for basically every driver coming out. The Cobra won out in terms of total distance, but I also don't play a golf course where I get 17yds of roll right now, Cobra also won in dispersion though I would have liked to have tried the PXG with a heavier shaft as that's what im accustom to playing(70-75g) and it was 1/2'' shorter in length though I was choking up on the Cobra some. Again I don't recall exact numbers, but spin was mid 2000's with the Cobra, about the same, maybe slightly less with the PXG. I did hit both models of the PXG, the XF was a little more spin and a little shorter overall than the X model.

Having said all that, I finished all the testing, the Cobra was still king (haha) and I put an order in for one with a Tensei Pro Orange as I was able to get it at no upcharge(hookup) and figured if I didn't like it that it would be easy to sell. Took the Cobra out this past weekend and hit a few on the range and then played 9, im not sure if it was the shaft, the driver or just swinging poorly but all but one drive was missed to the left. I don't really care for counterbalanced shafts and I am putting a Pro White in it for this weekend to try and will toy around with some settings, but if the Cobra continues to miss left a lot, I might have to reconsider, I don't need any additional help hitting it left. A friend is bringing out the PXG-X this weekend also, so I will be able to hit that on the course as well.

Thanks for post. I bought PXG over Cobra F9 because I missed everything left with F9 (fade setting too weight forward).

My misses were both left and right on trackman indoors with PXG (standard setting). Cobra was left, left, left, left, more left, way too far left. So I quickly passed on it.

Two weeks later back on Trackman. This time better prepared. Put kiyoshi black 65 05 in it for anti left. First shot with F9 I lost way right. Subconsciously didn't close club face afraid to lose it. Then left, left, left, left, left. Put it away again.

Once I got PXG dialed in at -1* loft -2,5* lie, I couldn't lose a ball left. Both Kiyoshi Black and PO were great.

Funny thing is PO 70x was bad for me and SS around 107mph. With PO 60s, SS up to 111mph. Why is that? Anybody else have this happen?

I ordered PXG 9* with PO 60x. If 60s worked for me, will the 60tx work as well? 70tx did not work.

Thanks for post. I bought PXG over Cobra F9 because I missed everything left with F9 (fade setting too weight forward).

My misses were both left and right on trackman indoors with PXG (standard setting). Cobra was left, left, left, left, more left, way too far left. So I quickly passed on it.

Two weeks later back on Trackman. This time better prepared. Put kiyoshi black 65 05 in it for anti left. First shot with F9 I lost way right. Subconsciously didn't close club face afraid to lose it. Then left, left, left, left, left. Put it away again.

Once I got PXG dialed in at -1* loft -2,5* lie, I couldn't lose a ball left. Both Kiyoshi Black and PO were great.

Funny thing is PO 70x was bad for me and SS around 107mph. With PO 60s, SS up to 111mph. Why is that? Anybody else have this happen?

I ordered PXG 9* with PO 60x. If 60s worked for me, will the 60tx work as well? 70tx did not work.

If the Cobra proves to be to much of a left miss than I will sadly move on from it. Again I will tinker around with a few settings and different shafts, looking for to being able to hit the PXG outdoors as well. I've got the new hybrid on the way, should be here Friday and like the driver I love that I can set it to 3* flat, I was hitting the PXG in the pretty standard setup I believe, maybe dropped down a degree.

I just don't think I get along with the Pro Orange very well, had V2 PO a couple years ago in my M1 and for the most part it was a very erratic year of driving.

3* flat setting was way better for me vs. Standard. Then I did flat minus which is 2.5* flatter and 1* less loft. That was the winning ticket for me and eliminated left completely on trackman indoors.

Looking forward to testing outdoors once it comes in.

I ordered with PO 60x as it worked okay for me and will be easy to offload. I have kiyoshi black at home and just need to swap adapters, so that is my backup plan.

I did extensive testing today on a foresight.

My former driver was a gen1 XF, went with the new head.

The sound is perfect, pretty much what everybody else is experiencing. Feel is 10/10.

Regarding actual play. Both swing speed and ball speed where up, compared to gen1. Spin was slightly lower as well. Although my swing speed is just north of 105mph, I'm a low spinner, so I prefer to be around 2400rpm on a good swing.

Forgiveness is out of this world. My lowest ballspeed was 153, on a terrible swing, when I was expecting 148/49. Highest ballspeed was 159, which for me is on the high side.

I hope to play some golf during the weekend, excited to get some real on course testing.

The sound is perfect, pretty much what everybody else is experiencing. Feel is 10/10.

Regarding actual play. Both swing speed and ball speed where up, compared to gen1. Spin was slightly lower as well. Although my swing speed is just north of 105mph, I'm a low spinner, so I prefer to be around 2400rpm on a good swing.

Forgiveness is out of this world. My lowest ballspeed was 153, on a terrible swing, when I was expecting 148/49. Highest ballspeed was 159, which for me is on the high side.

I hope to play some golf during the weekend, excited to get some real on course testing.

What head did you end up with? Specs?

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

Same head, just moved to gen2 XF. 10,5 loft.

My average was 2400 spin/12 launch.

I need to stop opening and reading this thread. It's getting me way too excited.

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X
Maltby Max Milled Wedges .900" - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
Titleist AVX Yellow (Summer) / Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow (Winter)
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

Did you try the GEN 2 0811X Driver? It should be worth a bit more ball speed at the loss of some forgiveness.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Did you try the GEN 2 0811X Driver? It should be worth a bit more ball speed at the loss of some forgiveness.

0811X is too low spinning for me. I can get a 300+ bomb, but I can also get a 1200RPM low draw that falls from the sky at 180yds.

Interesting, thanks - will definitely need to consider the PXG to demo, hadn't really been considering it until recently.

Titleist TSi3 8*, Tensei AV White 65X

Cobra Big Tour 3W, Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 70X

Ping G425 19* 3H, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85X

Taylormade UDI 3i, Diamana Thump 100X

Taylormade p790 5-AW, C-Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 10S bent to 53

Titleist Vokey SM7 56* 8M bent to 57

Titleist Vokey SM7 60* 12D

I went and hit all the new stuff today (other than the PING and Mizuno). Clear winner for me was the PXG Gen 2 X. I am gaming a G400 Max. Absolutely love the look, sound and feel of the X and it gave me better numbers than anything else. Going to hit everything again Friday but expect to place an order after that....

I am gaming a G400Max as well. What was the difference in the numbers? Did you demo using the same shaft, etc.?

I did demo using the same shaft. I got lower spin especially on mishits from the X. I also got a little higher ball speed overall. I was concerned with the forgiveness of the X but was impressed with that aspect of it.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

Just bought a Gen 1 0317X 19 hybrid on a whim, curious if anyone has hit the Gen 2 0317x and could compare the two...

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

Just bought a Gen 1 0317X 19 hybrid on a whim, curious if anyone has hit the Gen 2 0317x and could compare the two...

I’ve played the Gen 1 0317 and 0317X, the X spun less than the regular one and I felt launched a little lower. I’ve got the new Gen. 2 one on the way, should be here Friday! Taking with my PXG rep, the Gen. 2 is supposed to launch higher and spin the same or a little less than the Gen. 1 0317X.

I’ve played the Gen 1 0317 and 0317X, the X spun less than the regular one and I felt launched a little lower. I’ve got the new Gen. 2 one on the way, should be here Friday! Taking with my PXG rep, the Gen. 2 is supposed to launch higher and spin the same or a little less than the Gen. 1 0317X.

Hi, pls do post a comparo of the gen2 hybrid against the original 0317 when you can.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Ive played the Gen 1 0317 and 0317X, the X spun less than the regular one and I felt launched a little lower. Ive got the new Gen. 2 one on the way, should be here Friday! Taking with my PXG rep, the Gen. 2 is supposed to launch higher and spin the same or a little less than the Gen. 1 0317X.

Hi, pls do post a comparo of the gen2 hybrid against the original 0317 when you can.

Will do, expecting to get out and play on Sunday so will be the first chance to take it out.

I had the OG hybrid at one point, it was a good stick. The new Gen 2 hybrid blows it out of the water, however. The club sits very flat and low to the ground which inspires tons of confidence, and the ball literally explodes off the face. I’ve tried almost every recent hybrid and this is in another league of its own.

I haven't posted much recently but it's nice to be back.

Going for a full woods fitting on Sat at Liberty National.

I was fit for the Gen2 irons there, and it is an amazing facility. Indoor facility hitting to an outdoor range with all Prov1's and of course trackman. Hundreds of shafts. Looks like might be every available shaft from PXG.

Will have a full report.

I was fit for the Gen2 irons there, and it is an amazing facility. Indoor facility hitting to an outdoor range with all Prov1's and of course trackman. Hundreds of shafts. Looks like might be every available shaft from PXG.

Will have a full report.

Wow, good to know. Who is fitting you there? PXG?

Will have a full report.

It is a PXG facility located within the learning center. It's a similar setup to what Nike had at the Oven, just on a smaller scale. Very impressive!

Will have a full report.

It is a PXG facility located within the learning center. It's a similar setup to what Nike had at the Oven, just on a smaller scale. Very impressive!

If you wouldn't mind - could you PM me who I need to get in contact with to set that up? Thanks.

Does anyone have a link to more info on all the settings on the driver adapter?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Does anyone have a link to more info on all the settings on the driver adapter?

Thank you!

It's interesting that they set the standard setting with the most uptight lie angle and only go flat from there.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

Will do, expecting to get out and play on Sunday so will be the first chance to take it out.

Look forward to it. Thanks

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon