New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

I'd call because I ordered mine with a PO 70tx...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I'd call and ask, some places may have different costs for them...

Money....order some clubs already! What are you getting? You keep on posting all over tarnation and just curious what you are getting?

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Money....order some clubs already! What are you getting? You keep on posting all over tarnation and just curious what you are getting?

I have the M5 Tour and Rocket fwy ordered but it looks like it is getting delayed once again. Need to make a decision to ride it out or go with something else. Super intrigued by the PXG but have not pulled the trigger yet. I figure for $700 with a PO shaft it is a pretty good deal since resale is still good if I don’t like it. I have a new PXG fitter in my area who does outdoor fittings, just waiting for weather to break as it has been miserably cold here...

What is everyone’s opinion on loft? Compared to a Ping G400 Max in 10.5 what would be equivalent in the gen 2 x head to get similar launch? 10.5? Unfortunately I don’t have access to hit pxg.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

In the Golf Monthly video above that I posted, the tester named Joel just posted in comments section that his swing speed with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 drivers that day was 106mph. So 2.3mph higher ball speeds on Gen 2 driver with same swing speed. Very nice!

It's a nice improvement but lets not get carried away.... The prior PXG driver was one of the slowest and spiniest drivers you could buy so it's not like comparing it to elite competition.

In the Golf Monthly video above that I posted, the tester named Joel just posted in comments section that his swing speed with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 drivers that day was 106mph. So 2.3mph higher ball speeds on Gen 2 driver with same swing speed. Very nice!

I had the GEN 1 0811X driver and it beat out the M1 460 and M1 440 with lower spin and distance! YES....the original 0811 driver was a high spin driver....but this is X vs X.

The new GEN 2 0811X driver appears to be one of the lowest spin drivers available.

Can't wait to test mine when the weather improves.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

It's a nice improvement but lets not get carried away.... The prior PXG driver was one of the slowest and spiniest drivers you could buy so it's not like comparing it to elite competition.

Yeah, but PXG makes the best golf equipment in the world according to Bob Parsons, so they must have made their first driver slow and spinny on purpose.

Hit ts3 with PO vs gen 811x PW. TS3 won pretty easily, 3 mph higher ball speed and 10 yds carry. Wish they have the PO for the 811x, but the PW was the closest apples to apples I could get.

An upcharge shaft …. the Tensei Pro Orange, 60TX is available.... +125

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I have the M5 Tour and Rocket fwy ordered but it looks like it is getting delayed once again. Need to make a decision to ride it out or go with something else. Super intrigued by the PXG but have not pulled the trigger yet. I figure for $700 with a PO shaft it is a pretty good deal since resale is still good if I don’t like it. I have a new PXG fitter in my area who does outdoor fittings, just waiting for weather to break as it has been miserably cold here...

Just a heads up that I checked with my guy and he is still waiting on his test heads.... He was supposed to get them this week so hoping it will be any day.

I spoke to the local PXG fitter and they mentioned $150.00 for a fitting and then that cost comes off if you buy a club the same day. I will likely do that as a second fitting depending how the first test goes. I was also told that the PXG fitters offer special non listed incentives. Not sure what that means, anyone know?

Hit ts3 with PO vs gen 811x PW. TS3 won pretty easily, 3 mph higher ball speed and 10 yds carry. Wish they have the PO for the 811x, but the PW was the closest apples to apples I could get.

Plus, the lack of counterbalance in the white may have resulted in slightly lower SS.

During my fitting I was surprised at how shafts of the same weight could result in different ball speeds. All the shafts I tried were in the 60 gram range and I had a difference of 5 MPH from lowest to highest. I am a consistent ball striker so it wasn't a contact issue. I picked up 3 MPH going from PO to the Tour AD VR. Cost me an extra $125 over the PO too unfortunately...

This is why fitting is so important. I never would have considered this shaft. I'd have just gone with PO cause I love it. Got an extra 7 yards total with the Tour AD

I wish they had PW where I tested at CC. Only had PO.

I hit PO 70TX and swung it 108-109mph with 158-159 ball speed.

Hit PO 60S and swung 111mph+ and 162mph ball speeds. Hit other 60g shafts and never swung as fast as PO.

Ordered the PO 60TX, which they didn't have. So I am hoping it works even better.

Correct, but unfortunately the fitter didn’t have it in the pxg van.

The new pxg driver does sound and feel great though.

T1100 in X is pretty good combo. Plus it's standard shaft with PXG.

This shaft is not listed as standard or upcharge on the PXG sheet.....so I asked.

"The Project X HZRDUS T1100 is certainly available as a special order shaft. There would be an upcharge if you wanted to order a driver with that shaft! If you are interested, I can get a quote from our Materials Manager on the upcharge of that shaft!"

NOTE: The Evenflow White T1100 IS a standard offering, but it is different than the HZRDUS T1100.

This shaft is not listed as standard or upcharge on the PXG sheet.....so I asked.

"The Project X HZRDUS T1100 is certainly available as a special order shaft. There would be an upcharge if you wanted to order a driver with that shaft! If you are interested, I can get a quote from our Materials Manager on the upcharge of that shaft!"

It's a standard offering. Ask for even flow white. 65 and 75 both available, no upcharge.

It's a standard offering. Ask for even flow white. 65 and 75 both available, no upcharge.

I didn't ask about an Evenflow, just the T1100...special order only...this from PXG.

Evenflow is on the list and no upcharge for them.

I didn't ask about an Evenflow, just the T1100...special order only...this from PXG.

Sorry, my bad

Sorry, my bad

Perhaps similar though.... Evenflow white T1100 is 3.0 torque while the HZRDUS T1100 is 2.5....both low spin/launch.

Mine was delivered on Friday. Got the 9* X with the Tensei Pro Orange 60TX. Previous 2 gamers were M3 with Tensei Pro White 70tx and Cobra F7+ with Tensei Pro White 70TX. Fight spin and the left but play to a 5 handicap. Got a chance to go hit it today at a local indoor hitting facility. Was really blown away. I don’t trust their monitors numbers (not sure what it even is) but feel is fantastic, sound is phenomenal, and look is spectacular. Might be the best driver I have ever hit. I lowered the loft and flattened the lie and moved one heavy screw to the forward toe from the heel and was hitting a high, low spin fade. Couldn’t see the numbers on the screen through the tears in my eyes.... I think this is a real winner. Can’t wait to get it on grass!

Did you order online or by calling? I couldn’t find the upgraded shafts online

I ordered through local rep. Somewhere else in this thread someone noted that if you call them they have a larger selection of shafts.

these are the shafts available

7UmSoeJ.jpg

I was told the Accra TZ6 was not available. Not sure.

Nothing is safe in my bag!

Just a heads up that I checked with my guy and he is still waiting on his test heads.... He was supposed to get them this week so hoping it will be any day.

I spoke to the local PXG fitter and they mentioned $150.00 for a fitting and then that cost comes off if you buy a club the same day. I will likely do that as a second fitting depending how the first test goes. I was also told that the PXG fitters offer special non listed incentives. Not sure what that means, anyone know?

Swag

Got mine today. I will say, IMO this is the best looking driver on the market currently and sound and feel are phenomenal. It performed pound for pound with my TS3 with slightly better ball speeds. BS with the TS3 really drops off on off center strikes whereas the PXG stayed pretty consistent on miss hits. Spin was similar with PXG a touch lower.

Got mine today. I will say, IMO this is the best looking driver on the market currently and sound and feel are phenomenal. It performed pound for pound with my TS3 with slightly better ball speeds. BS with the TS3 really drops off on off center strikes whereas the PXG stayed pretty consistent on miss hits. Spin was similar with PXG a touch lower.

What setup did you get?

How does it compare to Epic Flash SZ you have in your signature? Forgiveness, dispersion, ball speed, etc?

I've been going back and forth w the Epic Flash SZ and the PXG Gen 2 X and have finally settled on the Flash. Unfortunately. I really wanted the PXG to win. It's definitely better looking and definitely has the better sound/feel. But I just get more ball speed from the Callaway. I didn't want to admit it but it's unavoidably true. Also very impressive how low spin the Flash is on mishits and how accurate it is. I'm disappointed I really wanted to game the X and its a fantastic driver but just can't beat the Flash SZ performance (for me).

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)