New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

And yet, despite you trying to point out that his fitting may have been done under different conditions, the setups are 'almost' identical. Titleist has .5" longer shaft and 8.5 loft. Joel says it's a fair comparison under the same conditions, on the same day, same session. The results were very similar and expected, given the longer shaft.

Still not sure what you are trying to say by continuing to point out that the pxg fitting "may" have not been done indoors, despite that he says he was fit for it indoors.

He says in his video that he was fit for the PXG at Woburn Golf Club....no question. Freezing conditions with different balls vs the indoor premium warm balls.

This will result in different results indoors compared to outdoors....that is the point that you seem to be missing.

Omg bob. Let’s try again.

I understand your point and we’ve established that you are calling him a liar on whether he was fit indoors. Now, let’s look at this video... the results of the fittings are almost identical. So, it could be assumed that the weather didn’t make much difference for him. That is echoed by the results of the showdown under similar conditions indoors.

You are trying to say that that a fitting under similar circumstances would have resulted in pxg being much better. I’m saying you are wrong. I imagine that the results would be what they are now, almost identical performance.

This is what I preach... two modern drivers from different manufacturers custom fit to the optimum, will not be much different from each other.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

And yet, despite you trying to point out that his fitting may have been done under different conditions, the setups are 'almost' identical. Titleist has .5" longer shaft and 8.5 loft. Joel says it's a fair comparison under the same conditions, on the same day, same session. The results were very similar and expected, given the longer shaft.

Still not sure what you are trying to say by continuing to point out that the pxg fitting "may" have not been done indoors, despite that he says he was fit for it indoors.

He says in his video that he was fit for the PXG at Woburn Golf Club....no question. Freezing conditions with different balls vs the indoor premium warm balls.

This will result in different results indoors compared to outdoors....that is the point that you seem to be missing.

Omg bob. Let's try again.

I understand your point and we've established that you are calling him a liar on whether he was fit indoors. Now, let's look at this video... the results of the fittings are almost identical. So, it could be assumed that the weather didn't make much difference for him. That is echoed by the results of the showdown under similar conditions indoors.

You are trying to say that that a fitting under similar circumstances would have resulted in pxg being much better. I'm saying you are wrong. I imagine that the results would be what they are now, almost identical performance.

This is what I preach... two modern drivers from different manufacturers custom fit to the optimum, will not be much different from each other.

If you believe that a driver fit when it is freezing outside will result in similar numbers with warm premium balls in warm air indoors then we are done.

I say that will result in different results and cannot be compared and this causes this video to be a poor comparison. A cold golf ball does not fly like a warm one and even different balls cause differing flight....all of which will result in a different driver setup to achieve optimum results.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I understand your point and we've established that you are calling him a liar on whether he was fit indoors. Now, let's look at this video... the results of the fittings are almost identical. So, it could be assumed that the weather didn't make much difference for him. That is echoed by the results of the showdown under similar conditions indoors.

You are trying to say that that a fitting under similar circumstances would have resulted in pxg being much better. I'm saying you are wrong. I imagine that the results would be what they are now, almost identical performance.

If you believe that a driver fit when it is freezing outside will result in similar numbers with warm premium balls in warm air indoors then we are done.

I say that will result in different results and cannot be compared and this causes this video to be a poor comparison. A cold golf ball does not fly like a warm one and even different balls cause differing flight....all of which will result in a different driver setup to achieve optimum results.

I know better than that bob and I know you are just trying to say you’re done because you have no other explanation other than the obvious one. Which is, the pxg has similar performance to others. That’s not a bad thing. Just stop trying to say that they are sooo much better, when in this test and probably any other, it wasn’t.

I’ll tell you what bob, come to Alabama and we’ll try this test again. Bring any pxg driver you want and we’ll compare it to another custom fit driver of my choosing. I’d be curious to see how that comes out.

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

Bettinardi BB1 putter

I know better than that bob and I know you are just trying to say you're done because you have no other explanation other than the obvious one. Which is, the pxg has similar performance to others. That's not a bad thing. Just stop trying to say that they are sooo much better, when in this test and probably any other, it wasn't.

I'll tell you what bob, come to Alabama and we'll try this test again. Bring any pxg driver you want and we'll compare it to another custom fit driver of my choosing. I'd be curious to see how that comes out.

"Just stop trying to say that they are sooo much better, when in this test and probably any other, it wasn't."

Now you are putting words in my mouth! Never said PXG driver was better just that the test was a poor comparison because of the obvious that the drivers were setup in much different conditions.

Finished as this PXG thread is off topic now. If you wish to continue take your posts into a new Thread. Thank you sir.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I'll add to the PXG vs TS3 debate. I spent a little over an hour hitting both side-by-side indoors at PGASS last Thursday 2/7 when mine arrived.

I had them set up to basically the EXACT SAME specs: 45", Diamana D+ Ltd. 70 X tipped .5", D3.5 SW, GP MCC +4 Grey Grip, TS3 9.5 head in B-1 setting/ PXG 9* head in flat setting. I was seeing almost identical numbers between the two - SS 119-120, Spin 2700-2800 on both, BS at 169-170 mph, launch 10-11*, 290 Carry. If you really dug into it SS the PXG may have been a touch slower (.5-.7mph) on average but not significant difference. The best single shot of the session came from TS3 - see below... then I went and hit Epic SZ.

WORTH NOTING: I've never seen a Smash above 1.42 on the PGASS launch monitors. According to the sales guys, they rarely see anyone get above 1.40 and have never seen a 1.44 or 1.45. I've used trackman a couple times outdoors and get much better SMASH and BS at equal SS, but I didn't have trackman for this comparison.

I'll add to the PXG vs TS3 debate. I spent a little over an hour hitting both side-by-side indoors at PGASS last Thursday 2/7 when mine arrived.

I had them set up to basically the EXACT SAME specs: 45", Diamana D+ Ltd. 70 X tipped .5", D3.5 SW, GP MCC +4 Grey Grip, TS3 9.5 head in B-1 setting/ PXG 9* head in flat setting. I was seeing almost identical numbers between the two - SS 119-120, Spin 2700-2800 on both, BS at 169-170 mph, launch 10-11*, 290 Carry. If you really dug into it SS the PXG may have been a touch slower (.5-.7mph) on average but not significant difference. The best single shot of the session came from TS3 - see below... then I went and hit Epic SZ.

WORTH NOTING: I've never seen a Smash above 1.42 on the PGASS launch monitors. According to the sales guys, they rarely see anyone get above 1.40 and have never seen a 1.44 or 1.45. I've used trackman a couple times outdoors and get much better SMASH and BS at equal SS, but I didn't have trackman for this comparison.

Trackman will have superior smash factor numbers because they measure head speed differently.....They measure the speed from near the middle of the club head which results in a slower reading of swing speed. The foresight and GC measure swing speed from the face of the driver resulting in higher swing speeds and lower smash factors.

* this is just my understanding of how it works and I could be totally wrong which I often am

Trackman will have superior smash factor numbers because they measure head speed differently.....They measure the speed from near the middle of the club head which results in a slower reading of swing speed. The foresight and GC measure swing speed from the face of the driver resulting in higher swing speeds and lower smash factors.

* this is just my understanding of how it works and I could be totally wrong which I often am

That's about right. Although it seems he used an about golf simulator. Not sure the current technology, but a choke years ago, AG was great for sim play, but not so much for a fitting.

That's about right. Although it seems he used an about golf simulator. Not sure the current technology, but a choke years ago, AG was great for sim play, but not so much for a fitting.

This is in the PGASS "range bays" it's not great tech by any means but it's really all I have access to without scheduling my pro for the trackman. It at least gives a fair apples-to-apples comparison .

Man you guys have too much time on your hands. Lol

SS, have you hit this driver yet?

No. I’ve been playing really well and driving the s*** out or the ball, playing in a tourney in a few weeks so decided to wait before any tinkering. A few friends of mine and basically said the consensus of this thread. Much better than prior version, looks and sounds really good, on par with the big boys.

Hey Rig14port, that the PGATSS on 280? I spent about 2 hours in there yesterday. Took a demo PXG head in there to test against my LST.

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

The PXG is a low spin simulator beast, but too low spin for me. To be fair, I only had one shaft for the PXG, but it mirrored my fitting. Spin rates in the 1700’s. At 100mph chs, that is just too low for me. Was 3-4 yards longer than my ping with the same shaft, but was all roll. The feel of the PXG is just awesome, but just too low spin for me. I hit way up on the ball with the driver.

WITB

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

The PXG is a low spin simulator beast, but too low spin for me. To be fair, I only had one shaft for the PXG, but it mirrored my fitting. Spin rates in the 1700’s. At 100mph chs, that is just too low for me. Was 3-4 yards longer than my ping with the same shaft, but was all roll. The feel of the PXG is just awesome, but just too low spin for me. I hit way up on the ball with the driver.

Why not loft up ?

Thought I read where most of PXG’s pros had to go up in loft with the gen 2.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Need to know shaft options. So far the website is overwhelmed, but was able to see a Tensei Pro Blue 60 upcharge for 3 wood for $125. So in line with what people have been reporting here.

The PXG website does not seem to have all the options. I attached the chart.

Does anyone know what the upcharge is for the "exotic shafts" in the chart below? I demoed the X in the Tour AD VR and it felt amazing. Just wondering how many kidneys that combo would end up costing me...

For those that have asked about turnaround time...

I was fitted on 2/6 at PXG HQ in Phoenix. Was informed today that my order would ship Monday- 10.5 Gen2 XF Driver, Gen2 3 metal and Gen2 17 degree hybrid.

I am a former Xperience guest, so not sure if I was “expedited” or this is a standard turnaround.

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus 
PXG Gen4 3 metal ; Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4  5 metal;  Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4 hybrid; 21 degrees
PXG Gen4 Ps; 5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG 38” counter balanced, PXG Mustang

Titleist Pro V1x

For those that have asked about turnaround time...

I was fitted on 2/6 at PXG HQ in Phoenix. Was informed today that my order would ship Monday- 10.5 Gen2 XF Driver, Gen2 3 metal and Gen2 17 degree hybrid.

I am a former Xperience guest, so not sure if I was “expedited” or this is a standard turnaround.

Only X in 9* in sold out. Lefty and righty

Ordered on January 30th and received my 9* X (Lefty) w/ HC Evenflow Black (45”) today. Based solely on aesthetics, this club looks phenomenal. Very slick. Really looking forward to testing it against the F9. Don’t have much of an opportunity to demo equipment in my location, so going into both based on positive reviews...and hype. Sold my TS3, (perhaps prematurely), but had real trouble with getting the spin down below 2900 with the Titleist / EvenFlow White / SS 110-13. The low spin reputation of the PXG is what peaked my initial interest. Well, that and the winter equipment itch. Something about new toys, man...but, I’m preaching to the choir...this is WRX after all.

Will be testing both on a Flightscope in the next few days. Happy to report back if anyone is interested.

It’s all in the shaft. I tested ya shafts for M1 today. Hzrdus yelllw 75x and fujikura 757 evo ii 75x. The Hzrdus was consistently at 12.5 launch and 1800 rpm. Too low launch. The 757 was 14 and 2200 rpm. Same head and same weight setting.

I’m thinking you needed more loft maybe a softer shaft too.

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

Bettinardi BB1 putter

Need to know shaft options. So far the website is overwhelmed, but was able to see a Tensei Pro Blue 60 upcharge for 3 wood for $125. So in line with what people have been reporting here.

Does anyone know what the upcharge is for the "exotic shafts" in the chart below? I demoed the X in the Tour AD VR and it felt amazing. Just wondering how many kidneys that combo would end up costing me...

$250. I have the vr in mine. It’s sweet

I don't think that shaft chart is complete. The website order system includes Fuji Pro XLR8 61/71 and HZRDUS Yellow 65/75 as standard options, but they're omitted from the above chart.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

Ordered on January 30th and received my 9* X (Lefty) w/ HC Evenflow Black (45") today. Based solely on aesthetics, this club looks phenomenal. Very slick. Really looking forward to testing it against the F9. Don't have much of an opportunity to demo equipment in my location, so going into both based on positive reviews...and hype. Sold my TS3, (perhaps prematurely), but had real trouble with getting the spin down below 2900 with the Titleist / EvenFlow White / SS 110-13. The low spin reputation of the PXG is what peaked my initial interest. Well, that and the winter equipment itch. Something about new toys, man...but, I'm preaching to the choir...this is WRX after all.

Will be testing both on a Flightscope in the next few days. Happy to report back if anyone is interested.

Please do report back.

It’s all in the shaft. I tested ya shafts for M1 today. Hzrdus yelllw 75x and fujikura 757 evo ii 75x. The Hzrdus was consistently at 12.5 launch and 1800 rpm. Too low launch. The 757 was 14 and 2200 rpm. Same head and same weight setting.

I’m thinking you needed more loft maybe a softer shaft too.

I have done the full fitting, the best results for me were the BF 60 s, it does have a softer tip section. I prefer an open face, so the 12 turned down to the 10.5 was good. The full bag deal is appealing. The hybrids were $$$

WITB

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

Full bag deal, is this actually a thing ?

Sorry if Im talking what you said to literal, just curious !

Yes. Apparently they have a full bag option for 5k. You basically can pick whatever you want. Including wedges. My understanding is it’s actually a pretty good deal. I believe the pro at PGA tour academy told me your getting 8k in product for the 5k.