New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

I was just fitted for a 10.5 degree with the new Fuji Ventus 6S. I've never even hit a PXG iron, but this combo outdid TM6, Mizzy 190 & Ping G410. Fantastic feel and the best sounding driver I've ever heard. Can't wait to get it out on the course.

PXG Gen2 10.5 Ventus 6S
Epic 3 wood 15 degree Hzurdus S
Mizzy CLK hybrid
Mizzy JPX 919 forged
Miura 55 & 59 degree
Evnroll ER6

I was just fitted for a 10.5 degree with the new Fuji Ventus 6S. I've never even hit a PXG iron, but this combo outdid TM6, Mizzy 190 & Ping G410. Fantastic feel and the best sounding driver I've ever heard. Can't wait to get it out on the course.

Β 

sounds like a great set up what kind of ss numbers etc do you have

I hit 25 balls with my Epic 10.5 degree with a stiff Hzurdus shaft and was maxed out at 102.2 mph. Backspin was in the 2,600 range and height was 80-90 feet. I then tried TM6, Ping 410 and the Mizzy 190 with various shafts and the best I got to was 103mph. I told my fitter that I wasn't upgrading unless I saw some real gains and that's when he came back with the PXG/Ventus combo. You know when you try something, car/clothing/golf club and it immediately feels and fits perfectly? That's what happened here, I knew it was the setup for me after 3 balls. 104.9mph, 2,400 spin with all 3 balls between 97-100 feet high, which translated to an 8 yard gain. The shaft has such a smooth feel to it and the best thing for me was I could go at it 99% and not hit a hook. Everything was dead straight or a 5-8 yard fade.

PXG Gen2 10.5 Ventus 6S
Mizzy CLK hybrid
Mizzy JPX 919 forged
Miura 55 & 59 degree
Evnroll ER6

I hit 25 balls with my Epic 10.5 degree with a stiff Hzurdus shaft and was maxed out at 102.2 mph. Backspin was in the 2,600 range and height was 80-90 feet. I then tried TM6, Ping 410 and the Mizzy 190 with various shafts and the best I got to was 103mph. I told my fitter that I wasn't upgrading unless I saw some real gains and that's when he came back with the PXG/Ventus combo. You know when you try something, car/clothing/golf club and it immediately feels and fits perfectly? That's what happened here, I knew it was the setup for me after 3 balls. 104.9mph, 2,400 spin with all 3 balls between 97-100 feet high, which translated to an 8 yard gain. The shaft has such a smooth feel to it and the best thing for me was I could go at it 99% and not hit a hook. Everything was dead straight or a 5-8 yard fade.

Β 

Β 

Which PXG head did you try and loft? Were the weights neutral?

DRIVERS (TBD): Β PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,Β  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,Β  BLACK OPS STD 8*;Β Β Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s /Β Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:Β  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:Β  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;Β Β #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;Β Β #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;Β Β #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;Β Β #3 HYΒ 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX;Β #4 HYΒ 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite,Β 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXGΒ Β GEN6Β 0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW,Β LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311Β Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,Β  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold //Β STEWART GOLFΒ Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIEΒ SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Standard Epic or sub zero?

I think this has been asked somewhere in the 33 pages of posts but I can't find it. Is the adapter for the gen 1 driver the same as the gen 2? Thanks

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

I think this has been asked somewhere in the 33 pages of posts but I can't find it. Is the adapter for the gen 1 driver the same as the gen 2? Thanks

Β 

Yes

Β 

Thanks. Thinking of getting one for my existing shaft and to bring it for the fitting.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Standard Epic or sub zero?

Β 

Standard Epic.

PXG Gen2 10.5 Ventus 6S
Mizzy CLK hybrid
Mizzy JPX 919 forged
Miura 55 & 59 degree
Evnroll ER6

Gen2 XF 10.5 Driver, 3 metal and 17 degree hybrid all arrive tomorrow by end of the day.!!!

Β 

Anxious to take them to the range and to the course next week!

PXG Proto +,Β 10.5 turned to 9; VentusΒ 
PXG Gen4Β 3 metal ; Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4Β Β 5 metal; Β Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4 hybrid;Β 21 degrees
PXG Gen4 Ps;Β 5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG 38” counter balanced, PXG Mustang

Titleist Pro V1x

I got those 3 clubs except my XF is 9 degrees and I also got a 19 hybrid

I hope you experience what I have. That driver is the straightest, longest carrying I have ever hit. And I’ve hit way too many. It’s also very low spinning for a driver with such high MOI. I couldn’t believe how well it performed and how great it feels as well.

I also have a mixed set of Gen2 irons and 54 Sugar Daddy and 58 Zulu

I love my Gen1’s but I find the Gen2’s better looking and better performance all around.

I have both the Gen1 and Gen2 irons; gaming the Gen2s. Also the milled wedges as well as the Gen1 XF Driver, 3 and hybrid. Love the clubs.

Β 

Will also be looking st new putters tomorrow afternoon; currently gaming the Mustang counter balanced.

Β 

On, BTW...Roll Tide. :-)

Titleist Pro V1x

I have both the Gen1 and Gen2 irons; gaming the Gen2s. Also the milled wedges as well as the Gen1 XF Driver, 3 and hybrid. Love the clubs.

Β 

Will also be looking st new putters tomorrow afternoon; currently gaming the Mustang counter balanced.

Β 

Β 

Well at least we found a common ground that an Auburn man and bama man can agree on

Hope you enjoy the Gen 2 woods as much as I have !

On the course this morning with the new set up. Will go more in depth after the round.

Β 

Recap on set up

Gen 2 10.5

Neutral weight setting

45 length

Accra TZ6 65 m5

Β 

Fist impression on the range is amazing. Shaft feels incredibly stable without being ultra stiff feeling and the ball just launches on a nice mid high penetrating ball flight.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Well at least we found a common ground that an Auburn man and bama man can agree on

Hope you enjoy the Gen 2 woods as much as I have !

Β 

I am sure I will. My coach is a former PGA Tour winner. He loves my PXGs.....

Titleist Pro V1x

So pumped to have my fitting FINALLY!!! Today in Toronto, will report the results vs my Rogue later

Β 

Good luck today; I will anxiously await your results!

Titleist Pro V1x

Quick update (as promised) on my 0811 X Gen2 - EV Black 45” v. Cobra F9 - HZRDUS Smoke 45.5”. Had both drivers in hand for a (not exactly) apples to apples comparison on the Flightscope. Hit 40 balls with each driver, but after the session noticed the F9 had developed or originally had a crack near the toe of the driver head. (*face palm)

Β 

So the following results have to be taken with a grain of salt. But, one takeaway is that I really enjoyed the HZRDUS Smoke and prefer it to the feel of the EV Black, which I felt was overly active and uncontrollable during this session for some reason. Currently snagging a Smoke to put in the PXG to see if I can achieve the same feel and results.

Β 

Feel: Again, I can’t say enough good things about the sound and feel of the PXG! Cobra was solid, soft, and muted, but in comparison to the Gen2, the F9 just fell short in this department. Could it have been the crack? Perhaps.

Ball-speed: Drivers averaged the exact same at 161.7

Spin: PXG averaged close to 300 rpms lower.

Distance: Cobra averaged 5 yards more in carry.

Dispersion: F9 was tighter by an average of 5 yards.

Β 

Sent the Cobra head back to Carlsbad for review and inspection. Hoping to have the new F9 head in a week or two, as well as the Smoke for the Gen2, so that I’ll be able to do an actual spec’d comparison of the two drivers.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Quick update (as promised) on my 0811 X Gen2 - EV Black 45 v. Cobra F9 - HZRDUS Smoke 45.5. Had both drivers in hand for a (not exactly) apples to apples comparison on the Flightscope. Hit 40 balls with each driver, but after the session noticed the F9 had developed or originally had a crack near the toe of the driver head. (*face palm)

Β 

So the following results have to be taken with a grain of salt. But, one takeaway is that I really enjoyed the HZRDUS Smoke and prefer it to the feel of the EV Black, which I felt was overly active and uncontrollable during this session for some reason. Currently snagging a Smoke to put in the PXG to see if I can achieve the same feel and results.

Β 

Feel: Again, I cant say enough good things about the sound and feel of the PXG! Cobra was solid, soft, and muted, but in comparison to the Gen2, the F9 just fell short in this department. Could it have been the crack? Perhaps.

Ball-speed: Drivers averaged the exact same at 161.7

Spin: PXG averaged close to 300 rpms lower.

Distance: Cobra averaged 5 yards more in carry.

Dispersion: F9 was tighter by an average of 5 yards.

Β 

Sent the Cobra head back to Carlsbad for review and inspection. Hoping to have the new F9 head in a week or two, as well as the Smoke for the Gen2, so that Ill be able to do an actual specd comparison of the two drivers.

Are you a low launcher, or was the spin on the PXG to low? If ballspeed was the same, how did you get 5yds more carry with the cobra?

B,

Β 

I’m high ball hitter and was attributing the increase in carry distance mostly to the difference in dispersion. Do you think that could possibly account for the 5 yard difference? I was hitting the smoke on a rope, averaging around 2 yards left of target. HZRDUS grouping was within 6 yards or so. Where as the EV Black was considerablly less consistent at an average of 7 yards left of target, with a grouping within 25 yards. Or perhaps the spin was too low.

Just finished my first range session with my Gen2 Driver; 10.5 XF with Even Flow blue 65g shaft. Weights are in the neutral position. As a former Xperience guest, I was fitted at PXG headquarters by the same individual who fit me into my Gen1 bag.

Β 

A great, great, great club. Easy to hit; great distance; great dispersion,

Β 

I could not be happier!!!

Titleist Pro V1x

After a fitting this afternoon here is what came out of it:

Β 

Driver:

Set up - X model 9 degrees

Shaft- Even Flow White 65g 6.5

112 mph avg swing speed 166 ball speed (up almost 10mph vs my Rogue)

283 carry 308 total

Β 

Right in the bag

Β 

Also got the 3 wood with same shafts 75g amd Hybrid with Even flow Blue

Β 

Can’t wait for these to arrive

I did a fitting yesterday and was really impressed. I ended up with the 9 XF. Sound and feel were amazing. I was getting faster ball speeds than the epic flash (although they were not the same shafts, so not totally comparable.). My fitter fit me into a hzrdus yellow. During the fitting, I was hitting a handcrafted version and I asked him if the shaft would be handcrafted, he said yes and that they only offer the "tour issue" shaft in their lineup. The picture on their website shows the HC shaft, but I just noticed on instagram that they responded to a user saying that the hzrdus lineup is not handcrafted. This makes me wonder why they would do a fitting with a HC shaft and then ship a different version. seems like conflicting reports. Can anyone confirm? That would be pretty annoying and I dont feel like would be an accurate fitting. what do you all think?

After a fitting this afternoon here is what came out of it:

Β 

Driver:

Set up - X model 9 degrees

Shaft- Even Flow White 65g 6.5

112 mph avg swing speed 166 ball speed (up almost 10mph vs my Rogue)

283 carry 308 total

Β 

Right in the bag

Β 

Also got the 3 wood with same shafts 75g amd Hybrid with Even flow Blue

Β 

Can’t wait for these to arrive

Β 

In my fitting, I achieved the greatest distance with the Even Flow White 65g; ended up with the Blue 65g (more consistent for me and better dispersion) and Even Flow Blue 75g in the 3 and 85g in the 17 degree hybrid.

Titleist Pro V1x

For starters here is a little bit about me.

My swing speed floats between 112 to 115. Generally I have a positive AoA around 2 to 4 degrees and my typical miss is low heal. Miss usually occurs when I get to quick with my hands at the top of the backswing.

Β 

Club setup was as follows.

PXG 0811X Gen2 10.5

Weights and loft sleeve set in standard

Accra TZ6 65 m5 at 45 inches

Β 

First impression

Looks are great. The carbon fiber crown is a nice matte finish. Not distracting and appears darker to me on the course than it does in some of the pictures online. Some might not like the contrasting white X as a line up marker on the head but it doesn’t bother me. This club sets up behind the ball nice and square which I absolutely love.

Β 

Sound and feel

This club sounds great. The closest club in sound to this that I have heard would be a hot melted g400. It’s just a nice low pitched thud. Feel is always so subjective but coming from a Taylormade M3 440, the PXG is light years better in that department to me. My low face miss always felt horrendous with the M3. Even when I made bad contact with the PXG it still felt solid and It still gave me enough feedback to tell where on the club face I missed.

Β 

Performance

I had everything in their stock neutral settings today. Ball flight for me was a nice mid-high penetrating flight. Based on ball flight alone the spin was right in a good window for me on the course. It never ballooned from to much spin, and it never just fell out of the sky from to little spin unless I made a terrible swing. It was about 45 degrees out this morning and I was still able to carry the ball about 280. Course was still soggy so there is no roll really right now. Can’t wait till it gets warmer and the courses firm up a bit to see how far I will be able to stretch this thing out. I would say this club is straight bias but it was still easy to hit my stock draw. Once I get a little more comfortable with this setup I should be confident enough to work the ball both ways without to much effort.

Β 

Shaft

The Accra TZ6 is hands down the best shaft I have owned. It feels incredibly stable throughout the swing. I could easily feel the shaft load without it ever feeling board like. I believe this shaft helps promote good tempo because it definitely would let me know when I would get out of sync. It is just extremely well balanced especially for a shaft with such low torque. Definitely a must try for anyone looking at getting a new driver this year or just as an upgrade for your current driver.

Β 

Final thoughts

Bear in mind that this is only after one round, but I was extremely impressed with the balanced feel and performance of this combo. I will experiment with some adjustments over the next month just to see how I can tweak ball flight. With everything set up in neutral settings I was able to hit my stock draw easily and a handful of nice straight bombs. The one caveat I might have is if your typical miss is high toe. I hit a couple of those today and will say the high toe is probably extremely low spin. I can’t say enough about how impressed I was with this combo. Can’t wait to get out for another round with it soon

My swing speed floats between 112 to 115. Generally I have a positive AoA around 2 to 4 degrees and my typical miss is low heal. Miss usually occurs when I get to quick with my hands at the top of the backswing.

Β 

PXG 0811X Gen2 10.5

Β 

First impression

Looks are great. The carbon fiber crown is a nice matte finish. Not distracting and appears darker to me on the course than it does in some of the pictures online. Some might not like the contrasting white X as a line up marker on the head but it doesn't bother me. This club sets up behind the ball nice and square which I absolutely love.

Β 

Sound and feel

This club sounds great. The closest club in sound to this that I have heard would be a hot melted g400. It's just a nice low pitched thud. Feel is always so subjective but coming from a Taylormade M3 440, the PXG is light years better in that department to me. My low face miss always felt horrendous with the M3. Even when I made bad contact with the PXG it still felt solid and It still gave me enough feedback to tell where on the club face I missed.

Β 

Performance

I had everything in their stock neutral settings today. Ball flight for me was a nice mid-high penetrating flight. Based on ball flight alone the spin was right in a good window for me on the course. It never ballooned from to much spin, and it never just fell out of the sky from to little spin unless I made a terrible swing. It was about 45 degrees out this morning and I was still able to carry the ball about 280. Course was still soggy so there is no roll really right now. Can't wait till it gets warmer and the courses firm up a bit to see how far I will be able to stretch this thing out. I would say this club is straight bias but it was still easy to hit my stock draw. Once I get a little more comfortable with this setup I should be confident enough to work the ball both ways without to much effort.

Β 

Shaft

The Accra TZ6 is hands down the best shaft I have owned. It feels incredibly stable throughout the swing. I could easily feel the shaft load without it ever feeling board like. I believe this shaft helps promote good tempo because it definitely would let me know when I would get out of sync. It is just extremely well balanced especially for a shaft with such low torque. Definitely a must try for anyone looking at getting a new driver this year or just as an upgrade for your current driver.

Β 

Final thoughts

Bear in mind that this is only after one round, but I was extremely impressed with the balanced feel and performance of this combo. I will experiment with some adjustments over the next month just to see how I can tweak ball flight. With everything set up in neutral settings I was able to hit my stock draw easily and a handful of nice straight bombs. The one caveat I might have is if your typical miss is high toe. I hit a couple of those today and will say the high toe is probably extremely low spin. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with this combo. Can't wait to get out for another round with it soon

This may have been stated just not sure, how much more was the accra shaft or was it stock?

Β 

PXG 0811X Gen2 10.5

Β 

First impression

Looks are great. The carbon fiber crown is a nice matte finish. Not distracting and appears darker to me on the course than it does in some of the pictures online. Some might not like the contrasting white X as a line up marker on the head but it doesn't bother me. This club sets up behind the ball nice and square which I absolutely love.

Β 

Sound and feel

This club sounds great. The closest club in sound to this that I have heard would be a hot melted g400. It's just a nice low pitched thud. Feel is always so subjective but coming from a Taylormade M3 440, the PXG is light years better in that department to me. My low face miss always felt horrendous with the M3. Even when I made bad contact with the PXG it still felt solid and It still gave me enough feedback to tell where on the club face I missed.

Β 

Performance

I had everything in their stock neutral settings today. Ball flight for me was a nice mid-high penetrating flight. Based on ball flight alone the spin was right in a good window for me on the course. It never ballooned from to much spin, and it never just fell out of the sky from to little spin unless I made a terrible swing. It was about 45 degrees out this morning and I was still able to carry the ball about 280. Course was still soggy so there is no roll really right now. Can't wait till it gets warmer and the courses firm up a bit to see how far I will be able to stretch this thing out. I would say this club is straight bias but it was still easy to hit my stock draw. Once I get a little more comfortable with this setup I should be confident enough to work the ball both ways without to much effort.

Β 

Shaft

Β 

Final thoughts

Bear in mind that this is only after one round, but I was extremely impressed with the balanced feel and performance of this combo. I will experiment with some adjustments over the next month just to see how I can tweak ball flight. With everything set up in neutral settings I was able to hit my stock draw easily and a handful of nice straight bombs. The one caveat I might have is if your typical miss is high toe. I hit a couple of those today and will say the high toe is probably extremely low spin. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with this combo. Can't wait to get out for another round with it soon

This may have been stated just not sure, how much more was the accra shaft or was it stock?

The TZ6 75 (m4, m5) is available for an upcharge thru PXG...+$250.

DRIVERS (TBD): Β PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,Β  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,Β  BLACK OPS STD 8*;Β Β Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s /Β Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:Β  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:Β  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;Β Β #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;Β Β #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;Β Β #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;Β Β #3 HYΒ 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX;Β #4 HYΒ 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite,Β 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXGΒ Β GEN6Β 0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW,Β LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311Β Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,Β  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold //Β STEWART GOLFΒ Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIEΒ SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope