New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

I just went through an extensive full bag fitting with PXG. The new flat settings for the fairway and hybrids is very appealing, makes the club set up perfectly for me with no worries of the dreaded hook! The new GEN 2X driver sounds fantastic, but my spin rate were very low, 1700 to 1800 on many shots compared to 2200 with my G400 LST KK combo. My angle of attack is +5 or so with the driver, with around 100 mph ch speed. The 12° turned down to 10.5 ended up being my best setting, paired with the BF 60 S shaft. Dispersion was better than my Ping, but carrydistance but about the same. Dry fairways would probably give me 10-15 more yards with the PXG. Hit the XF as well, better spin numbers for me, but don’t like the look as much as the x. Wedges are stunning!

What did you end up ordering?

Had my fitting yesterday at the PXG Facility at Liberty National.

Will post some pics and a full review yesterday, but here is the quick synopsis.

My driver is Ping G400 LST 9 degree with PO. I love this combo and very happy with it except a little higher spinning than I'd like.

0311 X with same shaft 9 degree gave me 2 MPH more ballspeed and 400 rpm less spin. launch went from 10.1 to 11.2 in the PXG.

Went thru progression of shafts, tried mosty 60 gram shafts.

Ended up with the new GD AD VR 60 stiff. Picked up 4.5 MPH of ballspeed, lowered spin 500 MPH, and launch increased to 12.1 average.

Dispersion is great with both but that's the strength of my game. Play a little cut.

Very anti left! In fact, I actually ended up with a slight draw setting which is shocking to me cause I NEVER want to see the ball go left. And it didn't. Not once.

Very consistent ballspeeds across the face with the exception of low heel. That was the only place I saw significant loss of ballspeed. About 4 MPH.

For reference, here are my new numbers:

Ballspeed 152

Spin 2252

Launch 12.1

Descent Angle 36.2 degrees

Couple other nuggets.

I compared the fairway to my Rogure sub Zero 13. PXG felt great but was 3 MPH less ballspeed. Club just suits me. Hit mine 3 times and fitter said no way he could beat those numbers lol. Hit it anyway of course. Looks and feel amazing buut I have a club that I trust.

Also hit the hybrid. MY GOD. It is SPECTACULAR. Wasn't looking for a new hybrid but have to have it. Especially after put the KBS Proto shaft in.it. Most stable and predictable shaft I've ever felt in a hybrid. Ordered it on the spot. Taking the Gen 2 0311X 3 iron out for this club. Anyone need one? LOL.

Haven’t pulled the trigger on anything yet, would really like to try the new ping Fairway and hybrids before, they seem to have the exact same hosel adjustment.

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

Will post some pics and a full review yesterday, but here is the quick synopsis.

My driver is Ping G400 LST 9 degree with PO. I love this combo and very happy with it except a little higher spinning than I'd like.

0311 X with same shaft 9 degree gave me 2 MPH more ballspeed and 400 rpm less spin. launch went from 10.1 to 11.2 in the PXG.

Ended up with the new GD AD VR 60 stiff. Picked up 4.5 MPH of ballspeed, lowered spin 500 MPH, and launch increased to 12.1 average.

Dispersion is great with both but that's the strength of my game. Play a little cut.

Very anti left! In fact, I actually ended up with a slight draw setting which is shocking to me cause I NEVER want to see the ball go left. And it didn't. Not once.

Very consistent ballspeeds across the face with the exception of low heel. That was the only place I saw significant loss of ballspeed. About 4 MPH.

Ballspeed 152

Spin 2252

Launch 12.1

Couple other nuggets.

I compared the fairway to my Rogure sub Zero 13. PXG felt great but was 3 MPH less ballspeed. Club just suits me. Hit mine 3 times and fitter said no way he could beat those numbers lol. Hit it anyway of course. Looks and feel amazing buut I have a club that I trust.

Also hit the hybrid. MY GOD. It is SPECTACULAR. Wasn't looking for a new hybrid but have to have it. Especially after put the KBS Proto shaft in.it. Most stable and predictable shaft I've ever felt in a hybrid. Ordered it on the spot. Taking the Gen 2 0311X 3 iron out for this club. Anyone need one? LOL.

The hybrid is literally incredible, glad someone else felt the same way and is putting it straight in the bag as well lol.

Ballspeed 152

Spin 2252

Launch 12.1

Couple other nuggets.

How did you setup the screws and what adapter setting(s) worked best. Was it anti-left in standard setting or other?

Any head to head numbers with the XF vs the G410/G400Max M4/6 F9 TS2/3 etc.

I don't have anything to compare to other 2019 heads.

I did hit the XF and its also really good. Nice shape and silly easy to hit. Spin was too high though, about 450 RPM higher. If spin wasn't an issue would have zero issues going with this head.

Took a few pics while I was at my fitting. Sorry the pics aren't great as I was taking them as I walked out. Corey had another fitting starting as I was there for an hour and a half.

Normally hit balls from the bay to the range but was very cold so he did the fitting indoors.

I wanted to see ballflight at the end so he let me hit a few out to the range afterward.

Took a few pics while I was at my fitting. Sorry the pics aren't great as I was taking them as I walked out. Corey had another fitting starting as I was there for an hour and a half.

Normally hit balls from the bay to the range but was very cold so he did the fitting indoors.

I wanted to see ballflight at the end so he let me hit a few out to the range afterward.

and.....how was it ! excited to hear more feedback

I've never gamed a hybrid in my life. I came from 3&5 woods and ultimately settled on a single 4 wood in my bag. Hybrids never felt quite right and given the way my P790s feel, I'd be more likely to go to a 2&3 iron in them before a hybrid. I'm a low launch low spin player, I'd probably technically benefit from a hybrid.

I digress. The PXG gen 2 stuff is available at a nearby indoor golf/simulator location in the Boston area, so I was hoping to get a few swings in with it. Who knows if they'll let me without scheduling a fitting.

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

Felt compelled to make first ever post as I have been following this PXG 0811x forum with great interest.

So, I went to the launch monitor and now own one.

Had been using M3 with CK orange. Ball speed between 155-160. Have a tendency to spin ball.

First tried M5 and M6. Neither outperformed my M3.

Then tried the Epic flashes. Settled on Sub zero. Kiyoshi white O5.

On solid strikes, Launched in the 12-15 range. Ball speed 155-160 Spin 2200-2600 range. Carry 265-275 range. Good dispersion. Feel to me, slightly pingy.

Then tried PXG. Settled on the Atmos black. Similar ball speed and launch angle, BUT spin was 1900-2300. 275-285 Carry. Feel to me, more of a thud. Beautiful.

Took it out on the course and performed great.

I recognize everyone swings different and likes different feel, but if your looking for Less spin and less pingy feel. Give it a try.

BTW told 3 friends story. 2 bought and one saving monies to buy.

what is the size of the hybrid. Are they still on the small side?

Depends what you’re comparing it to. It’s about the size of the Callaway epic hybrid.

I guess i was curious to how they compared to the latest Titleist offerings

Ping G430 MAX 10K 2024 Ventus Blue
Callaway Ai Smoke Max 2024 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 19deg hyb Blue Ventus HB

Ping G430 22 deg hyl Blue Ventus HB
Mizuno Pro 245 5-pw Axiom 105s
Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

Can anyone comment on the loft adjustability. Specifically, how it affects shaft/grip alignment?

I had this exact same question (twice) and still no answer.

It looks to me like the shaft and grip will spin 45* with each neighboring setting. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, what is the length of the shaft (adapter tip to grip butt end) for a 45" PXG Gen 2 0811 X driver? Thanks

Can anyone comment on the loft adjustability. Specifically, how it affects shaft/grip alignment?

I had this exact same question (twice) and still no answer.

It looks to me like the shaft and grip will spin 45* with each neighboring setting. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, what is the length of the shaft (adapter tip to grip butt end) for a 45" PXG Gen 2 0811 X driver? Thanks

Bottom of adapter to tip is 43 1/2" and the alignment of grip does turn as you rotate adapter tip.

Mine was delivered on Friday. Got the 9* X with the Tensei Pro Orange 60TX. Previous 2 gamers were M3 with Tensei Pro White 70tx and Cobra F7+ with Tensei Pro White 70TX. Fight spin and the left but play to a 5 handicap. Got a chance to go hit it today at a local indoor hitting facility. Was really blown away. I don’t trust their monitors numbers (not sure what it even is) but feel is fantastic, sound is phenomenal, and look is spectacular. Might be the best driver I have ever hit. I lowered the loft and flattened the lie and moved one heavy screw to the forward toe from the heel and was hitting a high, low spin fade. Couldn’t see the numbers on the screen through the tears in my eyes.... I think this is a real winner. Can’t wait to get it on grass!

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

Mine was delivered on Friday. Got the 9* X with the Tensei Pro Orange 60TX. Previous 2 gamers were M3 with Tensei Pro White 70tx and Cobra F7+ with Tensei Pro White 70TX. Fight spin and the left but play to a 5 handicap. Got a chance to go hit it today at a local indoor hitting facility. Was really blown away. I don’t trust their monitors numbers (not sure what it even is) but feel is fantastic, sound is phenomenal, and look is spectacular. Might be the best driver I have ever hit. I lowered the loft and flattened the lie and moved one heavy screw to the forward toe from the heel and was hitting a high, low spin fade. Couldn’t see the numbers on the screen through the tears in my eyes.... I think this is a real winner. Can’t wait to get it on grass!

Did you go stock length on yours?

What SW did the Driver with Tensei PO come in at? I know it's pretty counterbalanced so I am also very curious what length it was built at.

Did you go stock length on yours?

WEnt stock length

What SW did the Driver with Tensei PO come in at? I know it's pretty counterbalanced so I am also very curious what length it was built at.

I requested D4 and it certainly feels that way. Really like the P.O. Had never hit it and I’m a bit of a shaft ho( currently own 2 Tensei Pros, Atmos Black, Kuro Kage XD, and a Black Tie). Couldn’t tell it was counterbalanced like say Hzard Yellow. Extra yardage I may be seeing could be from a lighter static weight. Love the Pro White cause its so anti left and pretty smooth. The Pro Orange just feels powerful but smooth. Great shaft.

Did you order online or by calling? I couldn’t find the upgraded shafts online

I ordered through local rep. Somewhere else in this thread someone noted that if you call them they have a larger selection of shafts.

I ordered through local rep. Somewhere else in this thread someone noted that if you call them they have a larger selection of shafts.

these are the shafts available

7UmSoeJ.jpg