Still Stunned After Getting Estimate From Club Champ Fitting

skyking

I read through most of this thread and my view is that people ( especially golfers ) or most anyone that is competitive or have a passion for something will do whatever

it takes to excel in that activity. Hell I bet at least 50% of the members of this Forum would pay big bucks to have a finger removed if they thought it would make them a scratch golfer.

Club Champion caters to a demographic that will pay what they charge for their services. To each their own.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

In the end it is up to the consumer. IMO what they offer and the price are not worth it. The value is not there for me. However, that is me. Obviously there are plenty of customers out there using this service and have no problem paying for it - otherwise CC would not be in business. If they are not for you then move on. If you find value then pay what they are asking and do not look back.

I wonder how long this business model will last. The pricing does seem excessive every time I hear someone relate their experience. Not sure that it is worth it for a majority of golfers. Does it help a mid/high handicap golfer improve? Maybe, but only if there is a gross mismatch in what that golfer is currently playing.

I have been seeing some TV adds for CC on the golf channel. That's kind of new.

Seems like this is ripe territory for some undercover expose'. I don't think 60 minutes would do it, but some youtube channel might.

I can’t tell whether you’re kidding about the idea of needing to “expose” CC (for some wrongdoing, presumably), but I don’t think you’re looking at this the right way.

CC has been around for a while now.

They have overhead to pay for.

It doesn’t have to be “worth it” to a majority of golfers— just to enough golfers.

Fittings by anyone might not still be a thing if they didn’t benefit anyone, even (especially?) mid to high cappers.

There are countless goods and services out there that “most people” can’t afford and/or have no interest in. I don’t begrudge CC for doing things the way they do any more than I fault Ferrari for making expensive cars.

Always joking, just a matter of degree.

Seems like the Ferrari might be a bit more substantial.

In the end it is up to the consumer. IMO what they offer and the price are not worth it. The value is not there for me. However, that is me. Obviously there are plenty of customers out there using this service and have no problem paying for it - otherwise CC would not be in business. If they are not for you then move on. If you find value then pay what they are asking and do not look back.

Exactly-Folks pay for perceived value-and as another r poster said, some golfers would lose a finger to save a few strokes-and probably argue over the price of the finger removal.

I usually shop for a price when value isn't important. Apples, steak-

I took a fitters price based on what value I felt I was getting and the fact he was referred by a trusted friend.

I always assumed that when you had a fitting done like this with specific shafts and grips recommended, that the clubs came in components and were assembled to specs. I can't believe that they purchase a whole club then take out the shaft to put the new one in. Seems like a waste of materials, money and causes additional labor.

I am not a representative of Club Champion but as a educated golf industry person who wanted to weigh in on this post. Because I know CC and all other places to buy clubs well.

Also Tom Wishon is where he is on this forum because he's very small minded and set in his ways "the world should work" but doesn't, never will, not because of ill manner but because of simple economics and business principals that every company runs on. CC or any other fitter isn't doing anything different than any other business in the world. I contend they are more forthright than most because it all happens in front of you and they stand behind it. They pay endorsers like every company on the planet, so get over that. Tell Gillet to stop paying Tom Brady so your shaving cream you use every morning will get cheaper. Guess what Tom Brady or not Tom Brady it's staying the same price. Thats economics and facts, not price gauging.

Understand the business model is to deliver a better fit with lower scores. For years CC (and others) learned the only way to do this is by controlling the ENTIRE process, from the fit to the build to deliver improved performance on the course. Twenty years of industry knowledge and studying the best in the game, accompanied by Golf Digest and Golf Magazine testing verifies their process leads to longer more accurate shots and lower scores. NO OTHER COMPANY I HAVE BEEN TO OR VISITED HAS DONE THE STUDIES AND BACKED UP THEIR CLAIMS LIKE CC (Fitting company). I'm not saying it couldn't be better, but they are the best of the best when it comes to fitting and delivering.

Golf Magazine Study on Club Champion Custom Fitting

http://www.golf.com/...lower-instantly

Golf Digest Study on Club Champion Custom Fitting

https://www.golfdige...study-hennessey

Understand a true fitting process with all the tech, demos, people will be expensive and intensive and may not be for everyone. CC certainly try to work with individuals from my experience that still want their service in some capacity, but may not want the “Full Monty”.

Moving on to individual concerns brought up BROUGHT UP IN MANY POSTS.

1) SST Pure - CC are one of the original licensee and have been PUREing shafts for the last 17 years. There are many costs to doing this process, machines, licensee fees, man power, and time. I won't lie they make some money on PUREing, but its not all gravy is the point. CC truly believe as do their customers (The one's you can't believe they have and have built an awesome business on) and some of the best PGA Tour pros that SST PUREing makes a difference. Here is test performed by PluggedinGolf that demonstrates the benefits of PUREing: http://pluggedingolf...yths-unplugged/. Remember, PUREing is optional but there is no arguing there's a benefit. It's up to the golfer to decide if he or she sees the value in those benefits. Remember every manufacturer will tell you Puring is irrelevant, by telling you Puring is true they are admitting to making a product with defects, they won't do that (Kim Braly is a friend of course he will say that, he isn't bashing his own shaft, but he does all his R&D at Cool Clubs that Pures all shafts, hmmmm, but behind the curtain he does). CC has the data above and the others can’t produce data to support their side.

2) The Club Fitting Process – At Club Champion they will let you hit WHATEVER you want in my experience. If a fitter in the company doesn't let you, talk to their manager or just speak up, you're all adults, talk communicate. To my knowledge they do NOT instruct their fitters to sell any brand over another, or any price point for that matter. They do instruct them to conserve swings and try to not waste swings with illogical choices, but at the end of the day, it’s the customer’s money and time so they will do what the client asks. I get it, you think they are here to sell everybody something expensive, that’s not the case. Many times I have seen recommendations to the customer to stick with one of their current clubs. CC's goals from my view is to fit a customer to the club that performs best regardless of cost and it costs something.

3) The Build Process - Understand you can buy clubs from CC like anywhere else and they are happy to do that (Not all fitters allow that). Understand they want you to build the clubs through them because there are clear and present benefits to doing it that way. They build clubs the same way they are built on the PGA TOUR, distinctively for one individual, like a fingerprint. Let me break that down further. Not all manufacturers will build to swing weight. Understand swing weight can be one of the biggest influences to the performance of the club. To how the shaft plays, loads, and you release at the ball. Every piece that goes into the build affects swing weight. Second, weight sorting –

Understand, they are not knocking manufacturers. It’s just a law of numbers. When a manufacturer needs 100,000 shafts, they go to a manufacturer place the order and that manufacturer finds an overseas partner to run that job. The job is priced based on the quality and price the manufacture wants. So sometimes the quality is a great unknown. CC source all their shafts from the shaft manufacturer’s tour stock. The same shafts sent to the tour are the same shafts put in your clubs when you buy from CC. Sure there are certain outliers to my comments but nobody here knows the manufacturing world of golf like I and others do and these are the facts. CC sources and weight sorts their customers’ shafts to make sure their clubs are built with the very best.

Last, please recognize that with CC's process your clubs are one order on a bench with one master builder, everywhere else your clubs are on an assembly line. I Have been in their production facility and it is impressive and even many manufacturers respect their facility. Not to say that assembly line is bad, I am impressed by many production lines in the industry. But the more moving parts the more mistakes. The best in the world at this game understand that and that's why there are tour vans.

4) The Cost - CC from my angle have a very simple formula. MAP (minimum advertised price) on all heads. Understand buying just the head does not affect the pricing CC has to sell it at. The manufacturer sets their minimum advertised prices and CC have to abide by that pricing. On shafts, CC sells at MAP plus $35. Then, if a shaft needs to be PURED its $30 additional. For installation of grips, CC sells at MAP plus $4 for installation. I was told if they are approached by a customer with a different price exists from a reputable dealer the conversation can be had to match or adjust that price. FYI because it was said earlier and it bothers me Dan's Discount golf is one more sale from losing all their accounts for price skimming, theres a reason they don't show price, they can't, it breaks MAP rules. They are bad for the industry because nobody makes money, when nobody makes money, nobody innovates. You get what you pay for is all I'll say.

5) Additional Points – When CC's control the process they back the results with their Perfect Fit Guarantee. When CC doesn't control the entire process, CC cannot guarantee the results. If a customer wants to supply the components CC will certainly give you a quote to build your clubs and build them. If you want to buy through the manufacturer, you can do that too. CC to my knowledge will take the time to make sure the manufacturer built it to the specs we provided.

Again, from my dealings with CC they are an open book. Their goal is to get you the highest performing clubs on the market and everybody puts a different economic value on that. They seem to respect everybody's view on that as well, but they haven't changed their view. Club Champion’s service is for the golfer who doesn’t want to leave any stone unturned to get the best performance possible. It’s not cheap but neither is a AMC Mercedes or a Shelby Ford Mustang. Money creates innovation.

Also don't forget what else in your life do you spend as much time on as golf. Maybe work, sleep, family. So golf is 4? (Be honest your on this site, it's at least 4th if not higher) I would invest in something that is 4th in my life. Just make sense.

FYI the reason I normally don't post is I won't argue facts. I leave and you decide. So I won't be responding to any replies. Use what you want, use none.

Fairways & Greens,

The GolfFather

Member no longer active, hmmmmm!!!!!!

When I got fit about 5 years ago, cost me about $80 a club to have reshafted and regripped. Swingweights perfect, lie angles perfect, grip size perfect, CPM matched perfect. Was completely worth it to me, fitters have to eat to. You can always negotiate, or walk away.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

I can't believe that they purchase a whole club then take out the shaft to put the new one in. Seems like a waste of materials, money and causes additional labor.

Reading is a skill- that is not what happens.

Part of the issue is that they tell people that they do.

At least that's what they told me in ~2016.

I can't believe that they purchase a whole club then take out the shaft to put the new one in. Seems like a waste of materials, money and causes additional labor.

This is directly from their website: "The difference is we are going to take out the stock shaft that comes with the driver."

This is directly from their website: "The difference is we are going to take out the stock shaft that comes with the driver."

Outdated information

Outdated information

Yet you blamed my reading skills.

Outdated information

Yet you blamed my reading skills.

I did- I apologize- where did you even find that on CC’s website? people who work there have already said in this thread that’s not how it is- you’d think you would have saw those posts as well

I always assumed that when you had a fitting done like this with specific shafts and grips recommended, that the clubs came in components and were assembled to specs. I can't believe that they purchase a whole club then take out the shaft to put the new one in. Seems like a waste of materials, money and causes additional labor.

The popular manufacturers won't sell them components and customers want what they see on the telly. They could probably make a good set from a component company that the masses haven't heard of but no one would buy them.

The popular manufacturers won't sell them components and customers want what they see on the telly. They could probably make a good set from a component company that the masses haven't heard of but no one would buy them.

To name a few popular CC brands: Bridgestone Callaway Cleveland Cobra Edel Epon Honma Miura Mizuno New Level PXG Srixons Taylormade Titleist Tour Edge Wilson- all heads only with CC. Only major player that doesn’t is Ping but they don’t sell heads to anyone. Well XXIO too but it wouldn’t make sense to put a HZRDUS in a XXIO. Defeat the whole purpose of the brand.

I’d hate to see the price on a bag full of custom fit PXG clubs.

My son's boss paid for him to get fully fitted for the full bag of PXG's. Tab was $6,700. Not even close to being worth it.

Don’t ever tell another person how they should perceive value- remember a $100 Casio will still give you the same time as a $25k Rolex

My son's boss paid for him to get fully fitted for the full bag of PXG's. Tab was $6,700. Not even close to being worth it.

Don’t ever tell another person how they should perceive value- remember a $100 Casio will still give you the same time as a $25k Rolex

Both my son and his boss will tell you that it wasn't worth it.

And, I've never paid over $75 for a watch, lol.

They didn’t buy the clubs?

They didn’t buy the clubs?

Oh no, they bought the clubs. But it has made absolutely zero difference in their game. I know about 7-8 people using PXG's and not a single one is playing any better than they did with their previous irons. And, frankly, one or two of them is playing worse.

Another yawn from the peanut gallery. Get in line, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Outdated information

Well, instead of belittling people like you are some kind of genius, post the correct information.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

For you that is, unless you speak for everyone. Like everything in life, something that’s worth it to you may not be worth it to me. It doesn’t make it right or wrong.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Outdated information

Well, instead of belittling people like you are some kind of genius, post the correct information.

He did apologize to me for that. It's all good.

For you that is, unless you speak for everyone. Like everything in life, something that’s worth it to you may not be worth it to me. It doesn’t make it right or wrong.

I don't disagree with you.

Outdated information

It’s on the previous page- Just like Cool Clubs and Hotstix, CC is heads only from all OEM minus Ping. They’re not ordering built sets, pulling and tossing stock shafts, and then rebuilding.

Thanks with my apologies KMo.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour