Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

https://www.coloradoavidgolfer.com/2019-private-club-guide/

Pretty interesting sign of the times. Colorado Avid Golfer released their updated private club list (one glaring omission is TPC Colorado), and there seems to be a pretty significant drop in the number of clubs with a waitlist. Excluding Ballyneal and Broadmoor, there are now only two with waiting lists. IIRC, Glenmoor, Pinehurst, and Columbine definitely had waitlists in the past, and maybe even Valley CC and some of the clubs up in the mountains.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @pseudoswede said:

> > @"Golfing Boiler" said:

> > Roughly 270yards to carry to the middle of the green

>

> Sadly, I currently don't have a club that gets me that 270. If I could find a nice 2-iron, I could probably sneak it on the front right part of the green and let it roll towards the back left.

I hear you. If I could consistently do it (and have the shot go where I intend) my game would be in much better shape.

Only guy I know who can have the same distance to the pin after a tee shot, but it comes from a complete different angle and I have to wait for the fairway 2 holes over to clear before hitting my shot.

• Like 1

> @jacobEDGE said:

> Just got the email about the spring season for the Topgolf Leagues. Anyone want to sign up? Either 2 person or 4 person team.

>

> 2 person is Tuesday nights, with the 4-6 person teams on Mondays. I've only ever done the 2 person before, but have won it a few times. Pretty fun, but haven't done it in a couple years. Would love to get back out there, especially since it's so close to work.

I got that too. What's the cost to join? I'd be interested, but like most leagues, not sure I can commit just due to sporadic travel schedules.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @jacobEDGE said:

> > Just got the email about the spring season for the Topgolf Leagues. Anyone want to sign up? Either 2 person or 4 person team.

> >

> > 2 person is Tuesday nights, with the 4-6 person teams on Mondays. I've only ever done the 2 person before, but have won it a few times. Pretty fun, but haven't done it in a couple years. Would love to get back out there, especially since it's so close to work.

>

> I got that too. What's the cost to join? I'd be interested, but like most leagues, not sure I can commit just due to sporadic travel schedules.

The two-man league is $245 for eight weeks. 3-ish hours of play per week is not a bad deal at all--basically, $5/hr bay rental per person.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @pseudoswede said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @jacobEDGE said:

> > > Just got the email about the spring season for the Topgolf Leagues. Anyone want to sign up? Either 2 person or 4 person team.

> > >

> > > 2 person is Tuesday nights, with the 4-6 person teams on Mondays. I've only ever done the 2 person before, but have won it a few times. Pretty fun, but haven't done it in a couple years. Would love to get back out there, especially since it's so close to work.

> >

> > I got that too. What's the cost to join? I'd be interested, but like most leagues, not sure I can commit just due to sporadic travel schedules.

>

> The two-man league is $245 for eight weeks. 3-ish hours of play per week is not a bad deal at all--basically, $5/hr bay rental per person.

Not bad at all. I sure wish I could say 100% that I could commit.

> @Coupeguy23 said:

> Excited for my new schedule at work that allows me half day Fridays! I have a 11:10 tee time at Pradera today, super excited to get out with some really nice weather in-store. Following it up with a round at Murphy creek on Sunday should be a great weekend.

> Hit em straight everyone!

Can you post on Sunday about Murphy's condition? Playing Monday and that's usually my go-to.

Can anyone recommend a place in Denver where I could have my irons bent? I am in Colorado Springs, but there's only one place to go here, and I'd rather find someone else. I don't need a fitting, just a simple tweak. (Irons & wedges 2* flatter, PW 2* weaker)

My irons came from the factory 2* flat already, and cobra won't bend them 2 more degrees so I am open to suggestions. Golf Galaxy already said they could do it, but I'd have to leave my clubs there for a few days.

COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"

Dan Weitzel is very good [https://weitzelgolf.com/](https://www.weitzelgolf.com/ "https://weitzelgolf.com/")

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

> @masamitsu said:

> Dan Weitzel is very good [https://weitzelgolf.com/](https://www.weitzelgolf.com/ "https://weitzelgolf.com/")

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"

> @11forgedblades said:

> > @masamitsu said:

> > Dan Weitzel is very good [https://weitzelgolf.com/](https://www.weitzelgolf.com/ "https://weitzelgolf.com/")

>

> Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

I've vouched for Dan many times over on here. Great guy, and he built my entire bag (well, those irons are sitting in Alabama now). Took them in a few months ago to have loft/lie adjusted back to my specs and it was quick and easy. Dan knows his stuff and will be happy to chat as little or as much as you'd like on the technical stuff.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @Coupeguy23 said:

> > Excited for my new schedule at work that allows me half day Fridays! I have a 11:10 tee time at Pradera today, super excited to get out with some really nice weather in-store. Following it up with a round at Murphy creek on Sunday should be a great weekend.

> > Hit em straight everyone!

>

> Can you post on Sunday about Murphy's condition? Playing Monday and that's usually my go-to.

Played out there yesterday. Course is in ok shape given the time of year. Greens were rolling pretty fast but quite bumpy. Some areas in the fairway were also damaged on a few holes.

My putting was atrocious yesterday. I had zero feel for speed. 7 3-putts and 1 4-putt, yet somehow pulled off an 88.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

> @thaar said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @Coupeguy23 said:

> > > Excited for my new schedule at work that allows me half day Fridays! I have a 11:10 tee time at Pradera today, super excited to get out with some really nice weather in-store. Following it up with a round at Murphy creek on Sunday should be a great weekend.

> > > Hit em straight everyone!

> >

> > Can you post on Sunday about Murphy's condition? Playing Monday and that's usually my go-to.

>

> Played out there yesterday. Course is in ok shape given the time of year. Greens were rolling pretty fast but quite bumpy. Some areas in the fairway were also damaged on a few holes.

>

> My putting was atrocious yesterday. I had zero feel for speed. 7 3-putts and 1 4-putt, yet somehow pulled off an 88.

Appreciate you posting this, Tim.

I actually ended up getting to practice out there a little yesterday. My wife and I took our daughter to see what the Plains Conservation area just off of Hampden is all about, then she took the her to the playground next door to the course, so I chipped and putted a bit. Practice greens seemed pretty good, all things considered; excited to play tomorrow regardless. I'm hoping it's dead out there in the early afternoon because I need to sort out my yardages with my new irons.

If anyone has the afternoon off and wants to meet me out there around 12:30, shoot me a PM and I'll get you my cell in case you don't have it. I'm walking 18 and wouldn't mind the company.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @thaar said:

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > @Coupeguy23 said:

> > > > Excited for my new schedule at work that allows me half day Fridays! I have a 11:10 tee time at Pradera today, super excited to get out with some really nice weather in-store. Following it up with a round at Murphy creek on Sunday should be a great weekend.

> > > > Hit em straight everyone!

> > >

> > > Can you post on Sunday about Murphy's condition? Playing Monday and that's usually my go-to.

> >

> > Played out there yesterday. Course is in ok shape given the time of year. Greens were rolling pretty fast but quite bumpy. Some areas in the fairway were also damaged on a few holes.

> >

> > My putting was atrocious yesterday. I had zero feel for speed. 7 3-putts and 1 4-putt, yet somehow pulled off an 88.

> Appreciate you posting this, Tim.

>

> I actually ended up getting to practice out there a little yesterday. My wife and I took our daughter to see what the Plains Conservation area just off of Hampden is all about, then she took the her to the playground next door to the course, so I chipped and putted a bit. Practice greens seemed pretty good, all things considered; excited to play tomorrow regardless. I'm hoping it's dead out there in the early afternoon because I need to sort out my yardages with my new irons.

>

> If anyone has the afternoon off and wants to meet me out there around 12:30, shoot me a PM and I'll get you my cell in case you don't have it. I'm walking 18 and wouldn't mind the company.

What’s their walking rate Brian? And are push carts ok? I might be able to slip away.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @CDM said:

> > Follow up on Murphy Creek. Not in good shape honestly. They need another 2 weeks of water and good weather I would bet

>

> So you've described every course in the area, lol.

LOL true... Saddlerock was not bad yesterday for the mens club event. It is in better shape than Murphy, but Murphy has to tarp the greens still which I think is making them slow to coming around.

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @thaar said:

> > > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > > @Coupeguy23 said:

> > > > > Excited for my new schedule at work that allows me half day Fridays! I have a 11:10 tee time at Pradera today, super excited to get out with some really nice weather in-store. Following it up with a round at Murphy creek on Sunday should be a great weekend.

> > > > > Hit em straight everyone!

> > > >

> > > > Can you post on Sunday about Murphy's condition? Playing Monday and that's usually my go-to.

> > >

> > > Played out there yesterday. Course is in ok shape given the time of year. Greens were rolling pretty fast but quite bumpy. Some areas in the fairway were also damaged on a few holes.

> > >

> > > My putting was atrocious yesterday. I had zero feel for speed. 7 3-putts and 1 4-putt, yet somehow pulled off an 88.

> > Appreciate you posting this, Tim.

> >

> > I actually ended up getting to practice out there a little yesterday. My wife and I took our daughter to see what the Plains Conservation area just off of Hampden is all about, then she took the her to the playground next door to the course, so I chipped and putted a bit. Practice greens seemed pretty good, all things considered; excited to play tomorrow regardless. I'm hoping it's dead out there in the early afternoon because I need to sort out my yardages with my new irons.

> >

> > If anyone has the afternoon off and wants to meet me out there around 12:30, shoot me a PM and I'll get you my cell in case you don't have it. I'm walking 18 and wouldn't mind the company.

>

> What’s their walking rate Brian? And are push carts ok? I might be able to slip away.

>

$42 and they allow push carts! PM me if you want my cell in case you can make it out.

> @CDM said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > Follow up on Murphy Creek. Not in good shape honestly. They need another 2 weeks of water and good weather I would bet

> >

> > So you've described every course in the area, lol.

> LOL true... Saddlerock was not bad yesterday for the mens club event. It is in better shape than Murphy, but Murphy has to tarp the greens still which I think is making them slow to coming around.

>

I really thought the practice greens were decent yesterday, but I may have a low bar considering the greens I played on last week in Alabama...

I've played out there consistently for years now, and I'm used to the condition at this time of year because of the tarping. I suspect it'll be just fine for this un-discerning golfer.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > @thaar said:

> > > > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > > > @Coupeguy23 said:

> > > > > > Excited for my new schedule at work that allows me half day Fridays! I have a 11:10 tee time at Pradera today, super excited to get out with some really nice weather in-store. Following it up with a round at Murphy creek on Sunday should be a great weekend.

> > > > > > Hit em straight everyone!

> > > > >

> > > > > Can you post on Sunday about Murphy's condition? Playing Monday and that's usually my go-to.

> > > >

> > > > Played out there yesterday. Course is in ok shape given the time of year. Greens were rolling pretty fast but quite bumpy. Some areas in the fairway were also damaged on a few holes.

> > > >

> > > > My putting was atrocious yesterday. I had zero feel for speed. 7 3-putts and 1 4-putt, yet somehow pulled off an 88.

> > > Appreciate you posting this, Tim.

> > >

> > > I actually ended up getting to practice out there a little yesterday. My wife and I took our daughter to see what the Plains Conservation area just off of Hampden is all about, then she took the her to the playground next door to the course, so I chipped and putted a bit. Practice greens seemed pretty good, all things considered; excited to play tomorrow regardless. I'm hoping it's dead out there in the early afternoon because I need to sort out my yardages with my new irons.

> > >

> > > If anyone has the afternoon off and wants to meet me out there around 12:30, shoot me a PM and I'll get you my cell in case you don't have it. I'm walking 18 and wouldn't mind the company.

> >

> > What’s their walking rate Brian? And are push carts ok? I might be able to slip away.

> >

>

> $42 and they allow push carts! PM me if you want my cell in case you can make it out.

I’ll shoot you a PM in the morning when I know for sure.

Sounds like some of you are also struggling in the start to the season. My short game is hot garbage right now. Went from chipping for eagle to making bogey. Couple three putts, bunker play was horrific. The bright spot was that the driver and irons felt like it was July. Couldn’t have had a much better ball striking day for our first men’s league event.

Only downside for it was that the 4th hole is still closed due to construction, as well as the 5th tee boxes. So playing 16.5 holes kinda sucked.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

There's an ad in the latest Colorado Avid Golfer soliciting for buyers of Spring Valley. Asking just under $4 million with water, mineral rights and some land for housing development. Nice layout with one 9 (forget which) being a lot more interesting, but too far out in the boonies. I think you'd need a lot more housing to go in out there to make that place successful at that price. Conditions were still good the last time I played it two years ago, so either the original owners had money to burn or they've done well enough. I had one of the best rounds of my life the first time I played it and in a match play contest against another club too. Used to be a really good deal, but now their in season prices are just slightly lower than south Denver courses. I guess if you're comparing with Castle Rock tee times then it's still a good deal.

> @Dancin said:

> There's an ad in the latest Colorado Avid Golfer soliciting for buyers of Spring Valley. Asking just under $4 million with water, mineral rights and some land for housing development. Nice layout with one 9 (forget which) being a lot more interesting, but too far out in the boonies. I think you'd need a lot more housing to go in out there to make that place successful at that price. Conditions were still good the last time I played it two years ago, so either the original owners had money to burn or they've done well enough. I had one of the best rounds of my life the first time I played it and in a match play contest against another club too. Used to be a really good deal, but now their in season prices are just slightly lower than south Denver courses. I guess if you're comparing with Castle Rock tee times then it's still a good deal.

Hey Dancin, I don’t see the ad. Is it in a hard copy or online?

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @Coupeguy23 said:

> > Excited for my new schedule at work that allows me half day Fridays! I have a 11:10 tee time at Pradera today, super excited to get out with some really nice weather in-store. Following it up with a round at Murphy creek on Sunday should be a great weekend.

> > Hit em straight everyone!

>

> Can you post on Sunday about Murphy's condition? Playing Monday and that's usually my go-to.

Played yesterday and thought the course was in ok shape for early season. Greens were rolling reasonably true, needs a couple more weeks of water and sunshine. Played like Jekyll and Hyde yesterday, putting for birdie on one hole and 2 water balls on the next... just (unintentionally) padding that handicap for men's league lol. Enjoy your round today!

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> > @Dancin said:

> > There's an ad in the latest Colorado Avid Golfer soliciting for buyers of Spring Valley. Asking just under $4 million with water, mineral rights and some land for housing development. Nice layout with one 9 (forget which) being a lot more interesting, but too far out in the boonies. I think you'd need a lot more housing to go in out there to make that place successful at that price. Conditions were still good the last time I played it two years ago, so either the original owners had money to burn or they've done well enough. I had one of the best rounds of my life the first time I played it and in a match play contest against another club too. Used to be a really good deal, but now their in season prices are just slightly lower than south Denver courses. I guess if you're comparing with Castle Rock tee times then it's still a good deal.

>

> Hey Dancin, I don’t see the ad. Is it in a hard copy or online?

I don't know if it is online for CAG as I saw it in the hard copy, but here's the online real estate listing: https://navpointre.com/properties/spring-valley-golf-club/

They're going to have to find someone spending money with their heart and not their brain at that price. I'm guessing that course doesn't produce enough to cover debt servicing costs at that price if you took out loans and there's a lot better investments for $4 mill. Too far away from customers. Anyone buying at that price has an extremely long time horizon as eventually the water rights could be worth a lot of money.

> @Dancin said:

> > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > @Dancin said:

> > > There's an ad in the latest Colorado Avid Golfer soliciting for buyers of Spring Valley. Asking just under $4 million with water, mineral rights and some land for housing development. Nice layout with one 9 (forget which) being a lot more interesting, but too far out in the boonies. I think you'd need a lot more housing to go in out there to make that place successful at that price. Conditions were still good the last time I played it two years ago, so either the original owners had money to burn or they've done well enough. I had one of the best rounds of my life the first time I played it and in a match play contest against another club too. Used to be a really good deal, but now their in season prices are just slightly lower than south Denver courses. I guess if you're comparing with Castle Rock tee times then it's still a good deal.

> >

> > Hey Dancin, I don’t see the ad. Is it in a hard copy or online?

> I don't know if it is online for CAG as I saw it in the hard copy, but here's the online real estate listing: https://navpointre.com/properties/spring-valley-golf-club/

> They're going to have to find someone spending money with their heart and not their brain at that price. I'm guessing that course doesn't produce enough to cover debt servicing costs at that price if you took out loans and there's a lot better investments for $4 mill. Too far away from customers. Anyone buying at that price has an extremely long time horizon as eventually the water rights could be worth a lot of money.

I'm tempted to fill out the NDA and see what they're actually doing. Spring Valley is definitely too far. Wonder if they thought about going private. The clubhouse, mineral, water, and land should be worth the $4M though without considering the course.

> @Coupeguy23 said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @Coupeguy23 said:

> > > Excited for my new schedule at work that allows me half day Fridays! I have a 11:10 tee time at Pradera today, super excited to get out with some really nice weather in-store. Following it up with a round at Murphy creek on Sunday should be a great weekend.

> > > Hit em straight everyone!

> >

> > Can you post on Sunday about Murphy's condition? Playing Monday and that's usually my go-to.

>

> Played yesterday and thought the course was in ok shape for early season. Greens were rolling reasonably true, needs a couple more weeks of water and sunshine. Played like Jekyll and Hyde yesterday, putting for birdie on one hole and 2 water balls on the next... just (unintentionally) padding that handicap for men's league lol. Enjoy your round today!

I thought the greens, while not the prettiest to look at, rolled pretty well. Today was one of those days where my putting was _this_ close to being exceptional. Instead, everything that would normally fall lipped out, and everything else seemed to track right up to the last second and then miss the hole by an inch or two. Encouraging stuff if I can get the ball rolling well, especially when I think about the fact that I two-putted every hole. Other than a few sloppy mistakes, my game felt far from where I expected it to be (in a positive way). The scorecard won't show it, but I have some good takeaways, especially when I was trying to figure out my new irons' gapping and realized my laser's battery was dead, so I flew by the seat of my pants and guesstimated reasonably well.

• Like 1