Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

> @irvtrain said:

> > @Dancin said:

> > > @Gmcourtney said:

> > > So I’m somewhat thinking of either driving down South to check out 4 Mile Ranch (anyone know if that is walkable for 36 in a day?) or driving North to try Highland Meadows and maybe some other course up that way.

> > >

> > You could walk 36 at four mile ranch. It's not the easiest walk especially if playing the tips due to a few hikes up and back to tee boxes, but it's doable. If you're planning 36 two days in a row with that long drive down and back you might want to get a cart for one of the rounds or you could be pretty beat the next day. They haven't aerated yet either, so you'd probably want to check when they are planning on doing that.

> >

> >

>

> You could also play Sumo Golf club with 4 Mile Ranch. I've never played a Gary Player course, so if you do please report back.

The guy I played with two weekends ago is a local and said Sumo was in really bad shape. I've played a couple Gary Player designs and in general not a huge fan. Kind of like Arthur Hills designs in that there always seems to be a few really stupid holes.

I enjoy South Suburban aside from a couple greens, as was noted earlier - #5 and 13 can be brutal. One day last year, I was 2-under going into #5, flew the green where the pin was already in the back, tried to chip it short...twice lol (first shot didn't make the green), then delicately chipped it on the fringe, where it proceeded to roll off the front, chipped up, then three-putted for an 8. Needless to say, it derailed my great start!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Holy crap. I just got an e-mail from the Trent Werner Golf School. They're offering discounted range memberships to Meridian Golf Club for the low, low price of ... $900!

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @pseudoswede said:

> Holy ****. I just got an e-mail from the Trent Werner Golf School. They're offering discounted range memberships to Meridian Golf Club for the low, low price of ... $900!

wtf. Does one of his minions personally tee the ball up for you each time?

Just looked at his web site. Apparently they have a 3 hole practice course with two par 3s and a par 4. I bet the $900 includes that.

> @Dancin said:

> wtf. Does one of his minions personally tee the ball up for you each time? That's got to include trackman or something besides just balls to hit.

To be fair, it is probably one of the best practice facilities in south Denver. The grass tees are always immaculate, the short game area was adequate, and the three-hole practice course is fun. The only real negative are the practice greens. Range members actually had their own side of the range to hit from (they would cart you out there), and it was rarely used.

Back in the day, you could get a membership for around $400-450, and the spouse add-on was like half that. It also included one free weekday round. In the winter, you could use the Trent Werner indoor facilities, which probably now includes a Trackman.

Since they closed the range member side, they simply jacked up the price so the range is not as crowded. I guess their membership roster is healthy, so there is no need to discount the range membership.

> @jacobEDGE said:

> The rust was _strong_ on Sunday, that's for sure. I hadn't hit a golf ball outside of D'Lance for nearly 5 months. I started off with a double, then triple. Was +6 through 3 holes. The Trackman wasn't lying, I legit cannot hit a ball off a tee box to save my life. I was topping/duffing everything with my driver & 3 wood. I've never experienced this in my life, and it was more baffling than anything else. My driver went: 50 yards, 162 yards, 291 yards, 261 yards, 214 yards. My 3-woods off the tee were: 87 yards, 218 yards, 90 yards.

>

> Fortunately, I was hitting a lot of GIRs and saving some putts. Ended up shooting 44/39. Given my struggle off the tee, I'm 100% okay with that. Was my first round sporting my new Vans golf shoes!

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/hZ16Gh6.jpg "")

>

A little DIY action?

> @thaar said:

> I enjoy South Suburban aside from a couple greens, as was noted earlier - #5 and 13 can be brutal. One day last year, I was 2-under going into #5, flew the green where the pin was already in the back, tried to chip it short...twice lol (first shot didn't make the green), then delicately chipped it on the fringe, where it proceeded to roll off the front, chipped up, then three-putted for an 8. Needless to say, it derailed my great start!

Tim, I finally hit the Forged Tec today while messing around in a shop while I dropped off my Mizunos. Those things are money. And the black looks so awesome at address.

I did the Meridian range membership like 7-ish years ago for half of what they charge now. I’m back at Dish now so it would be convenient, but I also have little desire to practice that much anymore. Honestly I think the little pitching area at Family Sports is pretty great when it’s not crowded. And that is the part of my game that always needs the most work

• Like 1
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Breezy and chilly at South Suburban yesterday. The greens on the course were super shaggy; so much so, that putts and chips would actually stop on downhill slopes on some holes. We played as a fivesome and got through the front nine in two hours. We even caught up with a foursome of single-cappers by #8 (not like we were playing fast or well...I believe I was the only one to break 55 with only one lost ball).

The crazy part was that my drives were insanely accurate. Where ever I aimed, the ball flew that direction, with maybe 5 yards of draw tops. The rest of the my game, though, needs a lot of work to make up for all of my downtime.

Side note: the Mexican Burger is probably the only good menu item in the clubhouse. You do need to ask for hot sauce since their green chili is incredibly mild.

So anyone else find themselves "cheating" and looking at other sites =) I don't do social media, the only one I did is WRX but this is crazy how this is going.

Word of warning DO NOT TRY BST hahahaha. I was trying to get an Atmos Red shaft from someone on BST for my 3 wood. It was up there, gone, email the person... he could not find his post... back up...gone. Then someone else got it and not even sure how =(

_____Edit.... why is the face icon offset? It is on my screen _____ Okay so Italic dose not work either hahaha.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @thaar said:

> > I enjoy South Suburban aside from a couple greens, as was noted earlier - #5 and 13 can be brutal. One day last year, I was 2-under going into #5, flew the green where the pin was already in the back, tried to chip it short...twice lol (first shot didn't make the green), then delicately chipped it on the fringe, where it proceeded to roll off the front, chipped up, then three-putted for an 8. Needless to say, it derailed my great start!

>

> Tim, I finally hit the Forged Tec today while messing around in a shop while I dropped off my Mizunos. Those things are money. And the black looks so awesome at address.

Gonna be tough to kick those out of my bag. I wish the topline was a bit thinner, but I don't notice it anymore. My game has improved quite a bit with these clubs. Mishits still pretty much go where they're supposed to. I still think the OS hybrid is my favorite though. That thing is money.

Hit up Littleton yesterday afternoon. It's been over 10 years since I've played there. Fun course with quite a few long par 3's. There were 3 or 4 that were over 200yds (2 of them were over 225yds yesterday). Started off hot and was +2 through 11. Ended up getting a little sloppy with the swing probably due to some overconfidence which put me in real bad spots behind trees to card two doubles in a row, and then the ridiculous wind and cold came in for the last 4-5 holes - I couldn't get off the course fast enough lol. Ended up with +10. Not bad for the second round of the year. Still not putting great, but that will get back to where it needs to be soon.

• Like 1

Edel E-1

I got out and played 18 at CG with my son yesterday. Shot an 82 which I was happy with considering it was my first real round of the year. Greens were still slow and little shaggy but for March, I'll take it. We also played in 3.5 hours which made me so annoyed when I thought about people who can't play a round in under 4 hours. If my 7 year old who hits it 150 max (and usually much shorter) can get through 18 in 3.5 hours, no one else has any excuse. Anyway, it was his first time playing 18 and he had so much fun. Was a joy to watch how much fun he was having and how excited he got.

• Like 1

> @thaar said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @thaar said:

> > > I enjoy South Suburban aside from a couple greens, as was noted earlier - #5 and 13 can be brutal. One day last year, I was 2-under going into #5, flew the green where the pin was already in the back, tried to chip it short...twice lol (first shot didn't make the green), then delicately chipped it on the fringe, where it proceeded to roll off the front, chipped up, then three-putted for an 8. Needless to say, it derailed my great start!

> >

> > Tim, I finally hit the Forged Tec today while messing around in a shop while I dropped off my Mizunos. Those things are money. And the black looks so awesome at address.

>

> Gonna be tough to kick those out of my bag. I wish the topline was a bit thinner, but I don't notice it anymore. My game has improved quite a bit with these clubs. Mishits still pretty much go where they're supposed to. I still think the OS hybrid is my favorite though. That thing is money.

>

> Hit up Littleton yesterday afternoon. It's been over 10 years since I've played there. Fun course with quite a few long par 3's. There were 3 or 4 that were over 200yds (2 of them were over 225yds yesterday). Started off hot and was +2 through 11. Ended up getting a little sloppy with the swing probably due to some overconfidence which put me in real bad spots behind trees to card two doubles in a row, and then the ridiculous wind and cold came in for the last 4-5 holes - I couldn't get off the course fast enough lol. Ended up with +10. Not bad for the second round of the year. Still not putting great, but that will get back to where it needs to be soon.

I want to try that OS. I'm trying to think around gapping between my 3w and my 5 iron. I just keep thinking about ditching my 4 iron and if the F8 I'm getting today is as much of a cannon as I've seen the numbers to be on GC Quad, I'll loft down my hybrid and then need something that slots in between. The OS, if it's as easy to hit as you say, could be a good option. I'd keep the 4 iron and toss it in when I end up playing on windy days.

How do you like Cobra Connect? The shaft I got with the F8 3 wood has it in the butt and I figure it could potentially help me do a quick and dirty comparison between that and my Bio Cell. Flight aside, I'm curious what real world performance looks like between shaft and head combos to decide which setup stays in the bag.

I know how you feel. Only played 9 this morning with my old man this morning and despite going OB on the first, I was -1 after 5 holes. Then my head came off on 8 with a 7. Finished 9 at +3 with 2 birdies and a couple more looks.

Cobra Connect is solid. I really like it. I'm not sure how helpful it is to just have it in a couple clubs though - I have it throughout my set obviously. It really allows me to assess my game and identify areas that need work. It also helps me make better decisions on the course. For example, I noticed last year that my primary miss on the approach shot was short, so I started to keep that in mind when I was playing, and would club up at times depending on pin position.

The app/software itself is really impressive on the amount of data it captures. It shows my average distance with each club, average range with each club, longest with each club, how often I hit GIR with each club, where my miss on my approach or tee shot is (you can even give it a yardage range for that club to see that data, i.e. I want to see a shot dispersion for my 8i when the yardage is 160-165yds), how often I use the club, my shot dispersion both laterally (left to right) and distance, average distance to pin (you have to set the pin every hole though which I don't do), etc.

It also allows you to view each round, hole by hole, tracks typical stats, and gives you a "handicap" rating for each shot. It also tracks your game as a whole in a summary. For my summary, it has me rated at an 11.8hcp (GHIN is a 12.2), driving at a 12.3, approach at a 14.9, chipping at a 24.3 (don't want to talk about it lol - clearly I don't get up and down very often), sand 8.2, and putting a 4.9 (this one probably shocks me the most lol). It also does this for each round. And lastly, it keeps track of your personal bests.

I may be missing some things, but all in all, it's a really a powerful tool if you're into data to help evaluate your game.

Edel E-1

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> Seems that my subscription to this thread expired with the forum change. Took a good 30 minutes just to find the thread again.

>

> Does simply posting to the thread subscribe you or do you need to actually subscribe somewhere (like the old forum)?

>

I think once you’ve posted in it you’ll get notifications of new posts. But don’t quote me on that because I’m still trying to figure stuff out as well.

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > Seems that my subscription to this thread expired with the forum change. Took a good 30 minutes just to find the thread again.

> >

> > Does simply posting to the thread subscribe you or do you need to actually subscribe somewhere (like the old forum)?

> >

>

> I think once you’ve posted in it you’ll get notifications of new posts. But don’t quote me on that because I’m still trying to figure stuff out as well.

Well… I didn’t get notified of your post here, so I went in and updated my preferences in my profile. Hopefully, that does it.

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > Seems that my subscription to this thread expired with the forum change. Took a good 30 minutes just to find the thread again.

> > >

> > > Does simply posting to the thread subscribe you or do you need to actually subscribe somewhere (like the old forum)?

> > >

> >

> > I think once you’ve posted in it you’ll get notifications of new posts. But don’t quote me on that because I’m still trying to figure stuff out as well.

>

> Well… I didn’t get notified of your post here, so I went in and updated my preferences in my profile. Hopefully, that does it.

Yeah, I really don’t know how it works. I don’t think I have this (or any) threads bookmarked, but I am getting the little red numbers above the bell for it. I thought it was just from posting in it, but who knows!?

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > > Seems that my subscription to this thread expired with the forum change. Took a good 30 minutes just to find the thread again.

> > > >

> > > > Does simply posting to the thread subscribe you or do you need to actually subscribe somewhere (like the old forum)?

> > > >

> > >

> > > I think once you’ve posted in it you’ll get notifications of new posts. But don’t quote me on that because I’m still trying to figure stuff out as well.

> >

> > Well… I didn’t get notified of your post here, so I went in and updated my preferences in my profile. Hopefully, that does it.

>

> Yeah, I really don’t know how it works. I don’t think I have this (or any) threads bookmarked, but I am getting the little red numbers above the bell for it. I thought it was just from posting in it, but who knows!?

>

There it is! I got a notification email that you posted this. Needed to update the Notification Preferences in my profile. I'm back online!

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > > > Seems that my subscription to this thread expired with the forum change. Took a good 30 minutes just to find the thread again.

> > > > >

> > > > > Does simply posting to the thread subscribe you or do you need to actually subscribe somewhere (like the old forum)?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I think once you’ve posted in it you’ll get notifications of new posts. But don’t quote me on that because I’m still trying to figure stuff out as well.

> > >

> > > Well… I didn’t get notified of your post here, so I went in and updated my preferences in my profile. Hopefully, that does it.

> >

> > Yeah, I really don’t know how it works. I don’t think I have this (or any) threads bookmarked, but I am getting the little red numbers above the bell for it. I thought it was just from posting in it, but who knows!?

> >

>

> There it is! I got a notification email that you posted this. Needed to update the Notification Preferences in my profile. I'm back online!

Awesome. Now I’m going to claim that I offered “tech support”.

Which as anyone who knows me knows, that is about the last thing that could ever happen!

> @irvtrain said:

> > @Dancin said:

> > > @Gmcourtney said:

> > > So I’m somewhat thinking of either driving down South to check out 4 Mile Ranch (anyone know if that is walkable for 36 in a day?) or driving North to try Highland Meadows and maybe some other course up that way.

> > >

> > You could walk 36 at four mile ranch. It's not the easiest walk especially if playing the tips due to a few hikes up and back to tee boxes, but it's doable. If you're planning 36 two days in a row with that long drive down and back you might want to get a cart for one of the rounds or you could be pretty beat the next day. They haven't aerated yet either, so you'd probably want to check when they are planning on doing that.

> >

> >

>

> You could also play Sumo Golf club with 4 Mile Ranch. I've never played a Gary Player course, so if you do please report back.

If you're going be in Southern Colorado, I would definitely stick with 4 mile or walking stick and avoid sumo all together.

COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"

It's not looking promising up here. I'm spending all day tomorrow in gymnastics and ninja gyms.

> @thaar said:

> Cobra Connect is solid. I really like it. I'm not sure how helpful it is to just have it in a couple clubs though - I have it throughout my set obviously. It really allows me to assess my game and identify areas that need work. It also helps me make better decisions on the course. For example, I noticed last year that my primary miss on the approach shot was short, so I started to keep that in mind when I was playing, and would club up at times depending on pin position.

>

> The app/software itself is really impressive on the amount of data it captures. It shows my average distance with each club, average range with each club, longest with each club, how often I hit GIR with each club, where my miss on my approach or tee shot is (you can even give it a yardage range for that club to see that data, i.e. I want to see a shot dispersion for my 8i when the yardage is 160-165yds), how often I use the club, my shot dispersion both laterally (left to right) and distance, average distance to pin (you have to set the pin every hole though which I don't do), etc.

>

> It also allows you to view each round, hole by hole, tracks typical stats, and gives you a "handicap" rating for each shot. It also tracks your game as a whole in a summary. For my summary, it has me rated at an 11.8hcp (GHIN is a 12.2), driving at a 12.3, approach at a 14.9, chipping at a 24.3 (don't want to talk about it lol - clearly I don't get up and down very often), sand 8.2, and putting a 4.9 (this one probably shocks me the most lol). It also does this for each round. And lastly, it keeps track of your personal bests.

>

> I may be missing some things, but all in all, it's a really a powerful tool if you're into data to help evaluate your game.

Good summary. I played with Cobra Connect yesterday on course when comparing my new F8 to my Bio Cell and have to say it's really cool. That said, I'm leaving the shaft that came with the head down here in Alabama in my old club. The NV2KXV is actually pretty solid and I time it really, really well, but the shaft I was fitted into is just as good and launches a tad better and with a little less spin, so I'm keeping it around. This F8 fairway is so absurdly forgiving and I haven't hit a ball right in the two rounds I've played with it this weekend. I hit it off every tee today to see how it went and I was blown away. My driver has gone to hell and so my 3 wood is going to have to get me through some rounds until I can sort this thing out. Glad I'm bagging something so good, even if it's not necessarily the longest one out there. Cobra killed it last year and this year with their offerings.

> @CDM said:

> So anyone else find themselves "cheating" and looking at other sites =) I don't do social media, the only one I did is WRX but this is crazy how this is going.

>

> Word of warning DO NOT TRY BST hahahaha. I was trying to get an Atmos Red shaft from someone on BST for my 3 wood. It was up there, gone, email the person... he could not find his post... back up...gone. Then someone else got it and not even sure how =(

>

> _____Edit.... why is the face icon offset? It is on my screen _____ Okay so Italic dose not work either hahaha.

Not too many sites out there. I think I might join Golf Club Atlas as well as this site. I used to belong to bombsquadgolf back before this site was created. This site was in created out of reaction to that site being a self-promoting site. They had tour issue drivers between $1K-$2K. This site is too solid to leave lol. I don't know how to get back to topics I replied in without searching. Do we need to follow each topic now?