Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

The auction is for a private school in Chicago, so you've got the majority of bidders people who probably don't know anything about Dismal River and then add on having to pony up $900 for a trip they would have to take Monday and Tuesday off and then how hard it is to get to Dismal from just about anywhere anyway and I think there is a good chance it will go for that.

I disagree. Private School + Chicago = "Hey, let's take my private jet, and I can write it off as a business expense."

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

The auction is for a private school in Chicago, so you've got the majority of bidders people who probably don't know anything about Dismal River and then add on having to pony up $900 for a trip they would have to take Monday and Tuesday off and then how hard it is to get to Dismal from just about anywhere anyway and I think there is a good chance it will go for that.

I disagree. Private School + Chicago = "Hey, let's take my private jet, and I can write it off as a business expense."

I think the landing strip there is grass. Can they land their Gulfstream on grass!?��

Pretty much everyone in the upper middle class in Chicago sends their kids to private schools because Chicago city public schools are a complete disaster and they can't afford private jets. My brother just moved out of downtown Chicago to get away from that.

I think the landing strip there is grass. Can they land their Gulfstream on grass!?��

I stand corrected. They can take their Beechcraft King Air twin turboprop. :D

Small GA airport in Chicago to Dismal River's doorstep in about 2 to 2.5 hours.

(From Centennial Airport, the flight would take less than an hour.)

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

It's still a great deal at $1000, but you've got to have at least three people committed.

It is. If you had four and did double rooms you’d be at about $400 per, correct? Probably at least another $100 in F & B (their restaurant prices were pretty steep, I think the cheapest entree was about $45, and it probably been five years age).

I stand corrected. They can take their Beechcraft King Air twin turboprop. :D

Small GA airport in Chicago to Dismal River's doorstep in about 2 to 2.5 hours.

(From Centennial Airport, the flight would take less than an hour.)

The flight would be shorter than the drive from the landing strip to the course! ?17 miles of winding, narrow, one lane road. You really do start to wonder if you’re actually on the correct road.

I really want to do a trip to the Prairie Club too. It looks spectacular.

I like Dismal’s courses better, but the cabins at Prairie Club were better I thought. But the greens on the Dunes course are spectacular.

I had just told I Hate Snow (which is a really appropriate name right now) that on the Doak course at Dismal, I hit driver to a par three, and hit hybrid over the green on a par four. I think there is a lot more character to Dismal’s courses.

Speaking of golf locations.... wish I had played Cabot Links a couple 2 years when I had the wife approval. "Limited" approval (budget) but I had it at least at one time in my life =)

Friend who lives in Toronto sent me a small article about the resort. I guess Keiser(s) are being attacked / bashed on the deal. One topic was they adjusted the 2019 rates to be very close with Bandon and Sand Valley when adjusted with exchange to USD.

$320 a round in CAD if not staying at resort.. converts to around $240 USD * Cabot is still 10% less then BD/SV depending what time of the year you go...

Locals I guess are upset they increased the rates for one round which keeps the local tourist from being able to "afford" going.

BUT rates really only went up for "80% of the players" which article states are Americans. .. (Which I honestly could see... but it is what it is.) Still has discounted rates for locals though so not sure what the beef is.

The "key" really seemed to focus on surrounding areas are not gaining financially like was projected and what Nova Scotia gave them in financial deals...?? (I don't know what that part is all about on "financial deals" ..Did they get tax incentives....?)

Personally the issue for me was just getting there is crazy hard. Considering the cost... apples to apples you can do east coast Ireland for 7-8 days for the same if not cheaper right now.

*Speaking off Ireland...anyone want to do a trip basing out of lovely Dublin :D

Funny was just talking to a client today about it, looking like we will try and go up end of summer....

*if he can fit it into his already busy summer schedule of trips.

I sent an email to our regular group to try to get a golf trip organized, and Prairie Club was one of my suggestions. The place looks awesome and reasonably priced.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Funny was just talking to a client today about it, looking like we will try and go up end of summer....

I sent an email to our regular group to try to get a golf trip organized, and Prairie Club was one of my suggestions. The place looks awesome and reasonably priced.

If you get a group going let me know. Prairie Club is on the list for sure but other options have come up.

* Edit: Not sure Streamsong in the summer is a "good option" but it made the list today at lunch.. Rates are about the same in the summer. Though its 95% humidity and 95+ degree heat in Florida at that time.. =(

Looking for some good resort options. We are looking for 36 a day for a few days but carts are needed. Two clients have already noted they cant walk 36 a day even with a caddie. Thoughts...?

Speaking of golf locations.... wish I had played Cabot Links a couple 2 years when I had the wife approval. "Limited" approval (budget) but I had it at least at one time in my life =)

Friend who lives in Toronto sent me a small article about the resort. I guess Keiser(s) are being attacked / bashed on the deal. One topic was they adjusted the 2019 rates to be very close with Bandon and Sand Valley when adjusted with exchange to USD.

$320 a round in CAD if not staying at resort.. converts to around $240 USD * Cabot is still 10% less then BD/SV depending what time of the year you go...

Locals I guess are upset they increased the rates for one round which keeps the local tourist from being able to "afford" going.

BUT rates really only went up for "80% of the players" which article states are Americans. .. (Which I honestly could see... but it is what it is.) Still has discounted rates for locals though so not sure what the beef is.

The "key" really seemed to focus on surrounding areas are not gaining financially like was projected and what Nova Scotia gave them in financial deals...?? (I don't know what that part is all about on "financial deals" ..Did they get tax incentives....?)

Personally the issue for me was just getting there is crazy hard. Considering the cost... apples to apples you can do east coast Ireland for 7-8 days for the same if not cheaper right now.

*Speaking off Ireland...anyone want to do a trip basing out of lovely Dublin :D

Yeah, I noticed that too. We were supposed to go two years ago to Nova Scotia and didn't make it. I was in for three rounds at Cabot and now the prices are pretty high, to the point where I'd strongly consider not playing if I were in the area.

If you get a group going let me know. Prairie Club is on the list for sure but other options have come up.

* Edit: Not sure Streamsong in the summer is a "good option" but it made the list today at lunch.. Rates are about the same in the summer. Though its 95% humidity and 95+ degree heat in Florida at that time.. =(

Looking for some good resort options. We are looking for 36 a day for a few days but carts are needed. Two clients have already noted they cant walk 36 a day even with a caddie. Thoughts...?

I'm trying to play Streamsong this December. Really looking forward to it, especially for someone who doesn't love Florida golf.

Looks like Greeley’s course should be open tomorrow, definitely Sunday. How is it in the Denver area?

Melting fast but still a lot of patchy snow in the shadows and north sides of any slope... got the CO National “we’re open tomorrow” email, complete with their standard message “We still have some snow in spots, and we will be Cart Path Only.”

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9° w/ Fuji Atmos Blue TS 6X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Fuji Speeder 757 EV III X
Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 18° Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-AW w/ Fuji Pro 115 TX
Vokey Wedgeworks High Bounce K Grind 56°
Callaway PM2.0 60° w/ Fuji MCI 125
Scotty Cameron Circa '62 No. 6

Looks like Greeley’s course should be open tomorrow, definitely Sunday. How is it in the Denver area?

Melting fast but still a lot of patchy snow in the shadows and north sides of any slope... got the CO National “we’re open tomorrow” email, complete with their standard message “We still have some snow in spots, and we will be Cart Path Only.”

Yep, I got that one too.

So those bids for golf at private courses.... the Sand Hills sold for a CRAZY price imho. https://e.givesmart....f/5R5H/?search=

*Struggling with FMV listed knowing what it cost to play for the one day years ago.....

Edit: Looks like Sebonack went for near 4 times the FMV. Never had heard of and had to google it. Here is the entire list.

https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/i/_Golf/

Had my initial lesson with Kelly over at SBCC today. Was fun, he basically takes you through the Trackman Combine and then gives you some broad ideas on what to work on next and some thoughts based on the swings. I got a few more lessons with him, I like how he explains things so we'll see how it goes.

The Combine was fun, I scored a 67.4 which I guess equates to a 7 handicap. I think the stuff I've been working on in the winter is hopefully starting to apply to the swing. We'll see when I get out on the course what happens but I'm excited for the season.

Speaking of, GVR just sent an email that they are going to be open tomorrow. We're getting there!

So those bids for golf at private courses.... the Sand Hills sold for a CRAZY price imho. https://e.givesmart....f/5R5H/?search=

*Struggling with FMV listed knowing what it cost to play for the one day years ago.....

Edit: Looks like Sebonack went for near 4 times the FMV. Never had heard of and had to google it. Here is the entire list.

https://e.givesmart....ts/bZO/i/_Golf/

Sebonack is tough course to get on, even with some $. I'm certain, it's the only course co-designed by Nicklaus & Doak.

Lots of people with money they don't need. Colorado Golf Club was pretty reasonable at $260 per person.

Definitely a lot of money, but for a lot of these courses, this is the only way to get on them if you don't know a member. I was even surprised a couple didn't go higher. Like Vintage Club. I think mentioned it to you guys last year, but they probably have the most billionaires of any course in the country and an opportunity to pitch some business would invaluable.

Had my initial lesson with Kelly over at SBCC today. Was fun, he basically takes you through the Trackman Combine and then gives you some broad ideas on what to work on next and some thoughts based on the swings. I got a few more lessons with him, I like how he explains things so we'll see how it goes.

The Combine was fun, I scored a 67.4 which I guess equates to a 7 handicap. I think the stuff I've been working on in the winter is hopefully starting to apply to the swing. We'll see when I get out on the course what happens but I'm excited for the season.

Speaking of, GVR just sent an email that they are going to be open tomorrow. We're getting there!

When I did the combine at SBCC the scoring came back as “Ever consider tennis?”