Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

The only complaint I have about it is that you generally see it backup the course a bit there. That is a tough hole for the mid to high handicap. If you lay it back too far it's a bit of a (blind) poke even though downwhil

That's true, unfortunately it does back up there. I always think the marshall they put out there is a joke. They have a big sign that the marshall changes from red to green when you can hit, but last time I was out there it was green the entire time (even though the group was clearly in the fairway) and the marshall was signaling at us with confusing hand/arm gestures. What is the sign for?? That tee shot can also be pretty blind if you go left or too far, and the marshall never has any idea where my ball went. If they are gonna sit someone out there it would really speed up play if the marshall had a bit younger eyesight and could help track down balls.

But you are right, it is a tough hole. A lot of times I see people just poke a 5 iron or something out there and get up to their ball and realize they still have 200 in on a tricky downhill shot. To play the hole right you really have to pump it out there a good distance with a hybrid or 5 wood or something but not too far that it kicks down into the canyon. Not much room for error.

The only complaint I have about it is that you generally see it backup the course a bit there. That is a tough hole for the mid to high handicap. If you lay it back too far it's a bit of a (blind) poke even though downwhil

That's true, unfortunately it does back up there. I always think the marshall they put out there is a joke. They have a big sign that the marshall changes from red to green when you can hit, but last time I was out there it was green the entire time (even though the group was clearly in the fairway) and the marshall was signaling at us with confusing hand/arm gestures. What is the sign for?? That tee shot can also be pretty blind if you go left or too far, and the marshall never has any idea where my ball went. If they are gonna sit someone out there it would really speed up play if the marshall had a bit younger eyesight and could help track down balls.

But you are right, it is a tough hole. A lot of times I see people just poke a 5 iron or something out there and get up to their ball and realize they still have 200 in on a tricky downhill shot. To play the hole right you really have to pump it out there a good distance with a hybrid or 5 wood or something but not too far that it kicks down into the canyon. Not much room for error.

If this is about that hole at Fox Hollow, I distinctly remember this exact feeling. "What...a hybrid in, still?!"

2 DAYS and we can start posting scores for this year :tongue: . Yea I am being facetious as I stare out the window from work as the snow whips around in the 40 mph winds =(.

I did sneak out to Common Ground yesterday at the end of the day to play. Everyone was playing ssssllllooooowwwww as they went for 9 holes, and I was hoping for more. Not sure why but they had everyone going off the back 9. Greens for sure are in rough shape right now but with the weather makes sense.

Fox Hollow has become a course to avoid for me after the only marshaling I witnessed last year was getting told on multiple occasions that we were playing too fast for their turn times and would be delayed waiting for their morning wave to finish teeing off. Never any consideration or commentary as to how they were about 30 minutes behind with the morning wave or why we could see 1-2 hole gaps in groups. Home of the 5.5 hour round...

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9° w/ Fuji Atmos Blue TS 6X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Fuji Speeder 757 EV III X
Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 18° Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-AW w/ Fuji Pro 115 TX
Vokey Wedgeworks High Bounce K Grind 56°
Callaway PM2.0 60° w/ Fuji MCI 125
Scotty Cameron Circa '62 No. 6

Fox Hollow has become a course to avoid for me after the only marshaling I witnessed last year was getting told on multiple occasions that we were playing too fast for their turn times and would be delayed waiting for their morning wave to finish teeing off. Never any consideration or commentary as to how they were about 30 minutes behind with the morning wave or why we could see 1-2 hole gaps in groups. Home of the 5.5 hour round...

Yeah, I don't play there because the one time I did, the round took ages. Easily the longest round I've played in the metro area, and I had a 5.5 hour one at Murphy Creek once...

We played Lone Tree on Saturday. It was in pretty good shape all things considered with exception for #7 where they are re-doing the tee boxes. A little windy and chilly for the first few holes then it was very nice.

Number 7 or 6?

The hole that wraps around the water.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

We played Lone Tree on Saturday. It was in pretty good shape all things considered with exception for #7 where they are re-doing the tee boxes. A little windy and chilly for the first few holes then it was very nice.

Number 7 or 6?

The hole that wraps around the water.

The tee box on 6 has been under construction since about September. It’s a tee box guys, let’s get er done!

I hate that Plum Creek basically abandoned the back tee boxes on #13 and #14. (Well as I know them, they need to stop switching the nines there)

That course has such potential if it was kept up better. My sister in law got married there in 2004. It’s a shell of what it was back then

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

That sucks about Plum Creek.  Would be a great track if they took care of it.  Are they still with Bear Dance?

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Long time no see guys!

With highs in the 60's this weekend, I'm thinking about getting out to play my first round since the first week in November. I've been hitting balls down at D'Lance, and getting super frustrated with what the Trackman is telling me. (Apparently I'm only carrying my driver 200 yards and it's only getting 30 feet in the air? Riiiiight). Have some blisters in parts of my hands I never would have imagined. Anyone got anything lined up? I might just go up to Riverdale.

jacobEDGE said:
Long time no see guys!

With highs in the 60's this weekend, I'm thinking about getting out to play my first round since the first week in November. I've been hitting balls down at D'Lance, and getting super frustrated with what the Trackman is telling me. (Apparently I'm only carrying my driver 200 yards and it's only getting 30 feet in the air? Riiiiight). Have some blisters in parts of my hands I never would have imagined. Anyone got anything lined up? I might just go up to Riverdale.

I would join, but I'm in Florida and then Houston. I will be playing five times next weekend though while I'm home in Alabama. And I'll be having my MP32s assembled. We'll see what irons come back with me. I am probably picking up an F8 3-4 fairway and maybe 4-5 fairway. I hit them a couple weeks ago and they're, for whatever reason, cannons compared to my Bio Cell. I'm sure they're not that much better, but I'm trying to ditch my 4 iron anyway, so if I fill the gap where my hybrid was and then loft up my hybrid to fit in under my 5 iron, I should be in business.

CDM said:

Also, I'm not feeling the forum redesign...

Joker91 said:

Also, I'm not feeling the forum redesign...

Yeah it's not good

Yea this new forum configuration is not good at all.... 

Ditto.  Maybe there is a dark theme we can turn on to maybe make it look more appealing.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

HAHAHA so I just noticed that if you make a POST.... it has a timer to EDIT that post.   Gives one hour it appears.

THATS JUST GREAT... Make a smart arse commment like we all do joking around on here and 10 years from now it comes back to haunt us all  LOL

EDIT: So down to 57 minutes LOL  BUT I just noticed at the top of the thread WRX posted in some pinkish box with text...

".............Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.........."  Funny thing is "better" is in the eye of the beholder....  =)

Does anyone have an idea of which course in the Denver area will be open?  I want to play this weekend without driving to Pueblo.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I walked Foothills GC yesterday.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9° w/ Fuji Atmos Blue TS 6X
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Fuji Speeder 757 EV III X
Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 18° Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-AW w/ Fuji Pro 115 TX
Vokey Wedgeworks High Bounce K Grind 56°
Callaway PM2.0 60° w/ Fuji MCI 125
Scotty Cameron Circa '62 No. 6

I'm guess I'm glad I went skiing yesterday instead of having to deal with this new forum. Thursday night beer league starts tonight, but I have a college friend in town whom I have to entertain. And by entertain, I mean embarrass by having him go to the ninja gym with my daughter and I get to take videos.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Anyone else notice if you click on your notification icon, then click on one of these new badges they are giving (??) it will take you to a page showing others who have received the same badge.

In the top right is your image/picture.  I pulled it down to get back to the forums / prior post and clicked on 'My Account" and its takes you to VANILLA website not WRX.  

They must of decided to outsource the entire forum site instead of in house....probably the reason for all the changes.

What they were using was open-source software that can be installed on any server. I'm actually surprised it lasted that long. It's not built to handle that much volume.

yey71as977xn.png

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Proud double-badger...

But really just pumped to start the Men's league season. Moved down to Highlands Ranch and joined the South Suburban Men's Club. Will miss CommonGround, but just happy to tee it up!

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash 9* 
Callaway Epic 3W 15*
Titleist 818 H1 19* 
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-iron 2* flat KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Srixon Z785 5-P 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff 1/4inch short
50 SM7 F Grind 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
54, 58 SM7 M Grind  2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Studio Select Laguna 2 33' 2*flat