Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

Already been said, but the work involves a lot of sacrifice and a heck of a lot of knowledge (much of it gained during many hours off the course) - this is what they are being paid the (sometimes) big fees for. A resort caddie carries the bag for the week, and maybe throws in a few course tips here and there, and you could easily substitute that caddy for any of the others. As small as it seems as a percentage, $5k is good money for a carrying a bag for the week.

Sure, the play could have paid more given they won the tournament, but I don't think the caddie was 'stiffed' or got less than they deserved - I'm not sure those who are arguing this fully understand wage economics.

Agree, Kuch fully leverage the labor arbitrage advantage on this.

Had no idea the pro Kooch crowd were such

Globalists!

; )

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap, what happened???? Friday I was at 1995 posts, I was hoping this stupid thread would take me over the 2k milestone, now all of a sudden I'm back down 1963???

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

Why do only those "supporting" Kuch & his $5,000 paid to the caddy feel it is necessary to name call or troll those on "the other side" of this debate.

This is an anonymous site, but the lengths some of those here who claim Kuch was perfectly in his right, maybe generous too in how he handled the situation and those claiming it is no ones business as to what was paid, and then the comments/posts made to those who have taken issue or think otherwise have been really nasty & often uncalled for.

Real classy people.

Says the one guy on the forum known by everyone as a class act...………...

Thanks for proving my point. Going to go through all my posts now to see what else you can post? Was my end of year tip not enough? Don't like that I play fast? How I interpret rules don't meet to your standard?

Better go through every post I've ever made to see what else may have perturbed you.

While you're at it, please find where I've insulted anyone else or name called.

We only have to go back 23 total posts to find it. #1323 for those keeping track.

Uder2hours:

"Boy you guys dig deep to be Word not allowedholes.... "

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Why do only those "supporting" Kuch & his $5,000 paid to the caddy feel it is necessary to name call or troll those on "the other side" of this debate.

This is an anonymous site, but the lengths some of those here who claim Kuch was perfectly in his right, maybe generous too in how he handled the situation and those claiming it is no ones business as to what was paid, and then the comments/posts made to those who have taken issue or think otherwise have been really nasty & often uncalled for.

Real classy people.

Thanks for proving my point. Going to go through all my posts now to see what else you can post? Was my end of year tip not enough? Don't like that I play fast? How I interpret rules don't meet to your standard?

Better go through every post I've ever made to see what else may have perturbed you.

You really give yourself to much credit.....I don't know how fast you play nor do I care.....I also have no interest or problem with how you interpret the rules.....I do know, that I find it interesting that you would be sarcastically calling other posters "really classy people". Not interested in a keyboard feud…...Let me know if you would like me to delete my posts and I will gladly do so.

Real classy people.

We only have to go back 23 total posts to find it. #1323 for those keeping track.

Uder2hours:

Yep after being called out & insulted in multiple posts about my tipping, which I asked if I was fair, etiquette & other posts I responded.

Appreciate you showing the context of my response, and heck you didn't even bother to show the entire post, just my last line.

Well done!!!!

Crap, what happened???? Friday I was at 1995 posts, I was hoping this stupid thread would take me over the 2k milestone, now all of a sudden I'm back down 1963???

Means that the mods deleted ~30 of your posts for being too, um...enthusiastic.

Can someone point me to where we can bet on when this sucker gets closed? I gotta go put 3-5k or so on the under. Whoever goes nuclear and gets it closed can expect a check for 10% ;)

Can someone point me to where we can bet on when this sucker gets closed? I gotta go put 3-5k or so on the under. Whoever goes nuclear and gets it closed can expect a check for 10% ;)

10% of exactly what?

10% of exactly what?

Dunno yet. Waiting to hear back from Gillis.

Real classy people.

Uder2hours:

Yep after being called out & insulted in multiple posts about my tipping, which I asked if I was fair, etiquette & other posts I responded.

Appreciate you showing the context of my response, and heck you didn't even bother to show the entire post, just my last line.

Well done!!!!

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

IDK why, but some of the 'logic' used here reminds me of this museum volunteer's reasoning:

[media=]

[/media]

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I may have stumbled onto a strange coincidence purely by accident while watching a Club Pro Guy video. CPG's caddie on the Mexican Mini Tour was Ernesto Ortiz. The center of this story is El Tucan, aka David Ortiz. CPG and his knowledge of the Mexican golf culture along with Ernesto could be a big help in bringing this debacle to an amicable ending.

So after he retired from the Red Sox, Big Papi became a caddie?

IDK why, but some of the 'logic' used here reminds me of this museum volunteer's reasoning:

[media=]

[/media]

Great topic shift! Incidentally, have you seen the NOVA special on the crater in Mexico they believe caused the extinction? They took core samples from the crater ring and stepped through the timeline. It was fascinating

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

I may have stumbled onto a strange coincidence purely by accident while watching a Club Pro Guy video. CPG's caddie on the Mexican Mini Tour was Ernesto Ortiz. The center of this story is El Tucan, aka David Ortiz. CPG and his knowledge of the Mexican golf culture along with Ernesto could be a big help in bringing this debacle to an amicable ending.

It actually makes sense Dave. The club (Red Sox) had carried him for years, he thought he'd repay the favor and carry some clubs for awhile.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Yep, and after Pedro retired he became a gardener. Seriously, you should see his rose bushes. First rate stuff.

Holy hell, Gillis and the do good police on here are now comparing Kuchar to bonified criminals. Apparently El Toucan was "victimized" by earning more money in a week than most american's earn in a month. Seriously?

“I disagree,” Gillis said. “If that’s the way it was then nothing would ever get done. I liken it to if you saw something happening unjustly, maybe someone was getting assaulted. At some point in time as a citizen you need to do the right thing. Sometimes you have to step in"

Holy hell, Gillis and the do good police on here are now comparing Kuchar to bonified criminals. Apparently El Toucan was "victimized" by earning more money in a week than most american's earn in a month. Seriously?

“I disagree,” Gillis said. “If that’s the way it was then nothing would ever get done. I liken it to if you saw something happening unjustly, maybe someone was getting assaulted. At some point in time as a citizen you need to do the right thing. Sometimes you have to step in"

Lol I bet that Tom Gillis fella really does think he is a hero here

Rogue ST TD 10.5 Diamana ZF 60TX

Sim2 Max AD-DI 7x 15°
SIM2 Max AD-DI 8x
Apex ‘19 ..L Raw 4-W AMT S400
Fourteen RM-4 50-54-60 TI S400
Versa 1W

Wait, it is not anyone's business, right?

Gillis has said it repeatedly and it has been echoed in here. Anything around 5% would not have created a storm.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Cejka gave him something around $9k plus his $3k base in 2017 when he finished T-9th and took home $177,500. That's speculation although I did tweet Cejka, but I bet he won't throw his hat in the ring against another player.

The "standard deal" is 5% on anything other than a win and 10% of a win in addition to the base. Active or retired tour players are the best source for what would have been fair. That's why Gillis's opinion has any validity. Although clearly he typically paid the base when he slammed the trunk shut.

"Christ all mighty it's like I'm sittin' round here playing cards with my brothers kids or something, you nerve racking..."

FWIW (very little obviously - figuratively and literally):

"He also caddied for Alex Cejka the year before and only got paid $900 and he (Cejka) won $177,000."

https://twitter.com/...033799999922176

I await all the retroactive pearl clutching about Cejka.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Thats a stupid thing to say as far as mentioning assault.

Btw, here is more from that piece with some new quotes.

"I’m not here to destroy Matt’s reputation,” he added. “The goal is to get the guy paid more than 5,000 bucks on 1.296 million. That’s the goal. Simple as that. If he gets paid fairly, the number doesn’t even have to come out. Once I know he’s paid, OK. It’s over.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golfweek.com/2019/01/20/19th-hole-golf-people-tom-gillis-vs-matt-kuchar-caddie-payment/amp/

Real classy people.

Regardless if this is true or not, he makes a good point. Too many pejorative references and not enough intelligent conversation in all too many threads these days. And honestly trying to trash him response only proves his point right?

Yes, "intelligent conversation" like comparing Kuchar to rapists?

giphy.gif

"I disagree," Gillis said. "If that's the way it was then nothing would ever get done. I liken it to if you saw something happening unjustly, maybe someone was getting assaulted. At some point in time as a citizen you need to do the right thing. Sometimes you have to step in"

"I'm not here to destroy Matt's reputation," he added. "The goal is to get the guy paid more than 5,000 bucks on 1.296 million. That's the goal. Simple as that. If he gets paid fairly, the number doesn't even have to come out. Once I know he's paid, OK. It's over."

https://www.google.c...ie-payment/amp/

JFC. Calling him a dbag earlier was being nice.

He's one of those "call it like I see it" as an excuse for being a massive Word not allowedhat, boorish, dbag extraordinaire guy. That's a heckuva hobby.

F.T.

Real classy people.

You just called us a holes 6 posts up....

19b4ee45e08536bfa8f9b640310c8f781e293386f80d2a540ededb19d4cb1255.jpg

Gillis has said it repeatedly and it has been echoed in here. Anything around 5% would not have created a storm.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Cejka gave him something around $9k plus his $3k base in 2017 when he finished T-9th and took home $177,500. That's speculation although I did tweet Cejka, but I bet he won't throw his hat in the ring against another player.

The "standard deal" is 5% on anything other than a win and 10% of a win in addition to the base. Active or retired tour players are the best source for what would have been fair. That's why Gillis's opinion has any validity. Although clearly he typically paid the base when he slammed the trunk shut.

"Christ all mighty it's like I'm sittin' round here playing cards with my brothers kids or something, you nerve racking..."

"He also caddied for Alex Cejka the year before and only got paid $900 and he (Cejka) won $177,000."

LOL You cant make this stuff up...

What a cheap skate...….Funny that the caddy came back after being raped and pillaged the year before.

"I disagree," Gillis said. "If that's the way it was then nothing would ever get done. I liken it to if you saw something happening unjustly, maybe someone was getting assaulted. At some point in time as a citizen you need to do the right thing. Sometimes you have to step in"

Lol I bet that Tom Gillis fella really does think he is a hero here

Gillis looking at himself in the mirror...

tenor.gif?itemid=4990524

LOL You cant make this stuff up...

I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to everyone here getting free donuts! :)

F.T.

Real classy people.

Uder2hours:

Its good thing he has double standards otherwise hed have no standards at all..

"I'm not here to destroy Matt's reputation," he added. "The goal is to get the guy paid more than 5,000 bucks on 1.296 million. That's the goal. Simple as that. If he gets paid fairly, the number doesn't even have to come out. Once I know he's paid, OK. It's over."

https://www.google.c...ie-payment/amp/

Gillis is delusional...

I really do look forward to everyone finally giving Kuchar the credit he deserves for giving David Ortiz (the caddie not the ball player) a 300% + raise over the previous season's rate (leaving aside that bonus too).

If everyone tries to lift up people in the golf industry the way Matt does, everyone would be better off!

F.T.