Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

I guess it would be based on how much the resort caddy actually did for the player. Simply carring the bag and raking bunkers $3k-$5k is a good week especially in Mexico... Maybe that's all he did?

Yep and hard (for us) to gauge that I suppose. But I did see these quotes from Kuchar in an article posted on Golf.Com back in November of 2018. So it looks like he at least acknowledged the caddie did a good job for him. Still hard to get a fix on the real value, but it makes me feel like the guy was not just hefting the bag and tagging along.

From the article on Golf.Com by Josh Berhow.

“It’s been good,” Kuchar said on Friday. Coincidentally, Kuchar’s wife, Sybi, filled in on Zach Johnson’s bag on Thursday. “I think both of us are pretty easygoing. It’s been quite easy. He’s a steady rock out there and it’s been fun to have a local, some guy who can kind of point me in the right direction and who knows the ropes around here. I’ve enjoyed it.”

“[El Tucan is] definitely my lucky charm,” Kuchar said on Sunday night. “It was great having him with me. I feel like he brought me good luck, some extra crowd support, and did a great job as well. So he was great on the bag. Did just what I kind of was looking for and hoping for.”

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peasants!

None of you could possibly know the heavy burden of the full Tour caddy. A fill-in caddy should be lucky to get a place in the bread line!

Now that it's clearly our business, why don't you tell us what's fair, or should we continue to shout out numbers and you shoot them down?

Seems the number was agreed upon ahead of time. It's the SJWs behaving like little Bolsheviks that made all the noise.

If you don't want to recognize the vast difference in job scope of the traveling Tour caddy vs a resident resort caddy, then you really are insulting the traveling Tour caddy.

The caddie told the media, when interviewed after the win, he had not discussed or been paid yet. Perhaps he meant the comp for the win had not been discussed/paid but, either way, doesn't sound to me like this was all nailed down beforehand.

It's ok because Macguber aka plaid shorts said he is talking to Toucan directly and it seems he may be spilling the beans!

If that is truely the case then why aren’t people coming down on the caddie for being flat out stupid? You take a job without discussing payment up front, and then b**** about it? That’s on him.

I guarantee he doesn’t take a resort guests bag without the fee being known up front.

Not true.

Most caddies at most resorts are independent contractors as the resorts do not want to get in the middle of the golfer and the caddie. Resorts publish a "suggested minimum payment" for a caddie, at Bandon for instance it's suggested to pay $100 per bag per loop.

https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/golf/caddies-services

Assuming Kuchar wanted to sling the Toucan 50k, what are the logistics, presume he doesn't have that type of folding in a clip.

Does he do it when he gets home, has to get bank details, change +USD for peso.

How does Chubby Cjeka come up with $900, is that all the cash he had, you would think he would sling a grand.

So many irrelevant questions and so few answers, as they say out here, there's gotta be an investigation:

Peasants!

None of you could possibly know the heavy burden of the full Tour caddy. A fill-in caddy should be lucky to get a place in the bread line!

Now that it's clearly our business, why don't you tell us what's fair, or should we continue to shout out numbers and you shoot them down?

Seems the number was agreed upon ahead of time. It's the SJWs behaving like little Bolsheviks that made all the noise.

If you don't want to recognize the vast difference in job scope of the traveling Tour caddy vs a resident resort caddy, then you really are insulting the traveling Tour caddy.

The caddie told the media, when interviewed after the win, he had not discussed or been paid yet. Perhaps he meant the comp for the win had not been discussed/paid but, either way, doesn't sound to me like this was all nailed down beforehand.

It's ok because Macguber aka plaid shorts said he is talking to Toucan directly and it seems he may be spilling the beans!

If that is truely the case then why aren’t people coming down on the caddie for being flat out stupid? You take a job without discussing payment up front, and then b**** about it? That’s on him.

I guarantee he doesn’t take a resort guests bag without the fee being known up front.

Not true.

Most caddies at most resorts are independent contractors as the resorts do not want to get in the middle of the golfer and the caddie. Resorts publish a "suggested minimum payment" for a caddie, at Bandon for instance it's suggested to pay $100 per bag per loop.

https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/golf/caddies-services

So they’ve got a pretty good idea, within a few dollars, of what to expect. Pebble Beach they charge the caddie fee up front. Those guys know or have a pretty good idea what they’re getting.

Assuming Kuchar wanted to sling the Toucan 50k, what are the logistics, presume he doesn't have that type of folding in a clip.

Does he do it when he gets home, has to get bank details, change +USD for peso.

How does Chubby Cjeka come up with $900, is that all the cash he had, you would think he would sling a grand.

So many irrelevant questions and so few answers, as they say out here, there's gotta be an investigation:

Not at all difficult to wire funds from a U.S. bank to Mexico.

The wire can be kept in U.S. dollars in the Mexican bank and withdrawn as such or in Pesos.

Golly gee Opie, I just don't know how I'd pay the lil fella. So, I just gave him what I had on me.

And no, a caddie doesn't expect to make the minimum. They hope for much more and know that the least they worked for is the minimum.

So graub....

@marcgraubart 8h

Replying to @sococroand @tcgillis

I think they are working on something.

https://mobile.twitt...rt/with_replies

Run with it graub!

[media=]

[/media]

He thinks? Thinks? What about Mr. Twitter knows everything (because he explained to El Tucan in fluent Spanish everything El Tucan was supposed to tell him)?

So graub....

@marcgraubart 8h

Replying to @sococroand @tcgillis

I think they are working on something.

https://mobile.twitt...rt/with_replies

Run with it graub!

[media=]

[/media]

He thinks? Thinks? What about Mr. Twitter knows everything (because he explained to El Tucan in fluent Spanish everything El Tucan was supposed to tell him)?

The graub is available for questions...

marcgraubart

@marcgraubart

@TheTodaysGolfer

Hi! If you want any information about el Tucán and Kuchar you can dm me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcgraubart/status/1087106497090334723

So riddle me this. Rumors have been swirling about Kuchar paying the guy 3 grand who caddied for him in Mexico by some A hole on Twitter. Kuch says it was more than 3 grand but never says a set dollar amount. This thread starts on WRX with over 1k post and who knows how many views, and everyone on here is pissing and moaning at each other over a laundry list of items. No one has really answered the real question which needs to be asked. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? I feel this will finally give some clarity to what really happened, or it will just cause more arguments on the amount of chucking could be done.

Breaking ; )

marcgraubart@marcgraubart 2h2 hours ago

@GCMorningDrive I have the entire caddie side of Kuchar’s win at Mayakoba if you want to hear it. Not just Matt but all of these pros should pay appropriately. El Tucán is devastated.

https://twitter.com/marcgraubart/media

Lol. "Devastated"

Gillis has said repeatedly that 5% would be pretty standard for a win without your normal guy.

It has been repeated several times around here, too. That's where the $50k number comes from as rounded off that's slightly less than 5%. But, I guess you'll keep waiting to read what has been written repeatedly so you can come back and say it's none of anyone's business.

If I am El Touc, next time I take a gig for one of the tour boys I'd just keep to the show up, keep up, and shut up. If Kuch wants to get excited and blow it, no words of comfort next time Bird Man. Let him blow up and take your $3k and walk.

"where's this putt go, El Toucan?"

"No hablo ingles, gringo."

He told Kuch to calm down??? wow thats jedi mind level stuff, unheard of in golf. He single handily hit those shots for Kuch at that point, he should get the full 1.3 million. Fair is fair

lowheel you argue like a child prone to hyperbole and huge jumps towards illogical conclusions.

It does not bother me, but I'm curious that it doesn't embarrass you. Is it the anonymity of the screen name or are you just that simple?

Give me a break. How uptight are you? you posted a ridiculous hypothesis and I answered in kind. You dont like my reply? big deal. Saying it doesnt bother you then immediately proceeding to insult me gives away your hand.Nobodys buying the act. Listen guy were all anonymous here so you dont have any higher moral high ground than the next guy. If youre offended by my replies you can simply ignore them but hey calling me "simple" is edgier. Well played...

lowheel you argue like a child prone to hyperbole and huge jumps towards illogical conclusions.

It does not bother me, but I'm curious that it doesn't embarrass you. Is it the anonymity of the screen name or are you just that simple?

Give me a break. How uptight are you? you posted a ridiculous hypothesis and I answered in kind. You dont like my reply? big deal. Saying it doesnt bother you then immediately proceeding to insult me gives away your hand.Nobodys buying the act. Listen guy were all anonymous here so you dont have any higher moral high ground than the next guy. If youre offended by my replies you can simply ignore them but hey calling me "simple" is edgier. Well played...

Yo! LH.

So, this "foodie" place up the block is making a deconstructed Thanksgiving dish. Turkey sausage over a rich reduction with chunks of stuffing and brussel sprouts. Washed it down with a pint of stout chasing a scotch.

Ooof ; )

So riddle me this. Rumors have been swirling about Kuchar paying the guy 3 grand who caddied for him in Mexico by some A hole on Twitter. Kuch says it was more than 3 grand but never says a set dollar amount. This thread starts on WRX with over 1k post and who knows how many views, and everyone on here is pissing and moaning at each other over a laundry list of items. No one has really answered the real question which needs to be asked. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? I feel this will finally give some clarity to what really happened, or it will just cause more arguments on the amount of chucking could be done.

This, or the fig plucker and his fig plucking son

Yo! LH.

So, this "foodie" place up the block is making a deconstructed Thanksgiving dish. Turkey sausage over a rich reduction with chunks of stuffing and brussel sprouts. Washed it down with a pint of stout chasing a scotch.

Ooof ; )

My god man!!! I got fatter just thinking about that!! Just rewatched eric dickersons my football life and thought of you! If you havent seen it its worth the watch

I'm game - no idea how this ended up in the cooler - compared to a lot of threads, this one has been pretty tame. Now, largely repetitive and nothing really new BUT here comes a great op-ed by Brandel (never thought I'd ever say that) that just got referenced so yes, something new! Haven't seen any politics, religion or even any "name calling" - okay, except for one poster that thinks repeating the same info and giant volume of words will change some minds on here, lol.

Maybe some complaints being sorted out, but this thread is why I wake up in the morning!

The rest seems pretty entertaining and a good counterpoint to a couple doofuses on Twitter.

All IMO of course.