Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do only those "supporting" Kuch & his $5,000 paid to the caddy feel it is necessary to name call or troll those on "the other side" of this debate.

This is an anonymous site, but the lengths some of those here who claim Kuch was perfectly in his right, maybe generous too in how he handled the situation and those claiming it is no ones business as to what was paid, and then the comments/posts made to those who have taken issue or think otherwise have been really nasty & often uncalled for.

Real classy people.

Says the one guy on the forum known by everyone as a class act...………...

Thanks for proving my point. Going to go through all my posts now to see what else you can post? Was my end of year tip not enough? Don't like that I play fast? How I interpret rules don't meet to your standard?

Better go through every post I've ever made to see what else may have perturbed you.

While you're at it, please find where I've insulted anyone else or name called.

We only have to go back 23 total posts to find it. #1323 for those keeping track.

Uder2hours:

"Boy you guys dig deep to be Word not allowedholes.... "

Yep after being called out & insulted in multiple posts about my tipping, which I asked if I was fair, etiquette & other posts I responded.

Appreciate you showing the context of my response, and heck you didn't even bother to show the entire post, just my last line.

Well done!!!!

What's context got to do with anything, at least in this case ?

You explicitly asked someone to find where you "name called".

He found it and pointed it out and now you're "mad".

So apparently what you meant was "name calling" is OK if the other guy deserves it,,,,,,,,,

Got it. Thanks. :good:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Basic, my man, I was made in the 80s. To say I have a lot to learn about the 70s is true.

Cute ad, btw.

Era of soft, plush shag downstairs - in our basement. ;-)

Chipping off the shag (until I hit our first color TV - no damage), putting on the smooth carpet near the pool table, Nicklaus winning majors in '72, faithful beagle nearby - memories . . . . . . . what was this thread about again?

Lava lamp OK?

It was a sad day when Marion Wormer (Vera Bloom) passed. That scene with Otter was memorable.

Reminds me of some of the toga parties we had back in the day. Oh my.

Gillis has said repeatedly that 5% would be pretty standard for a win without your normal guy.

It has been repeated several times around here, too. That's where the $50k number comes from as rounded off that's slightly less than 5%. But, I guess you'll keep waiting to read what has been written repeatedly so you can come back and say it's none of anyone's business.

If I am El Touc, next time I take a gig for one of the tour boys I'd just keep to the show up, keep up, and shut up. If Kuch wants to get excited and blow it, no words of comfort next time Bird Man. Let him blow up and take your $3k and walk.

"where's this putt go, El Toucan?"

"No hablo ingles, gringo."

Basic, my man, I was made in the 80s. To say I have a lot to learn about the 70s is true.

Cute ad, btw.

Era of soft, plush shag downstairs - in our basement. ;-)

Chipping off the shag (until I hit our first color TV - no damage), putting on the smooth carpet near the pool table, Nicklaus winning majors in '72, faithful beagle nearby - memories . . . . . . . what was this thread about again?

Lava lamp OK?

It was a sad day when Marion Wormer (Vera Bloom) passed. That scene with Otter was memorable.

Reminds me of some of the toga parties we had back in the day. Oh my.

If it's of any consolation, she lives on in my avatar.

Albeit under the new identity she assumed during reincarnation.........

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

I'm still waiting to hear from the social media mob, what they think this resort caddy should have been paid?

I think the consensus on that side is the temporary caddie should be compensated the same as his every day tour caddie because, equality and fairness.

If that is the consensus then those NOISY people really don't have a clue about the significant difference in job scope of a Tour Caddy (even a fill in Tour Caddy) vs a resident Resort Caddy.

Gillis has said repeatedly that 5% would be pretty standard for a win without your normal guy.

It has been repeated several times around here, too. That's where the $50k number comes from as rounded off that's slightly less than 5%. But, I guess you'll keep waiting to read what has been written repeatedly so you can come back and say it's none of anyone's business.

If I am El Touc, next time I take a gig for one of the tour boys I'd just keep to the show up, keep up, and shut up. If Kuch wants to get excited and blow it, no words of comfort next time Bird Man. Let him blow up and take your $3k and walk.

"where's this putt go, El Toucan?"

"No hablo ingles, gringo."

Sure perhaps 5% for a fill in "Tour caddy" that traveled with you and takes care of all normal Tour Caddy duties and logistics, but not a resident resort caddy that just shows up and carries.

MYOB....

1973 - Dang need to pick up the pace

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

Peasants!

None of you could possibly know the heavy burden of the full Tour caddy. A fill-in caddy should be lucky to get a place in the bread line!

Now that it's clearly our business, why don't you tell us what's fair, or should we continue to shout out numbers and you shoot them down?

Seems the number was agreed upon ahead of time. It's the SJWs behaving like little Bolsheviks that made all the noise.

If you don't want to recognize the vast difference in job scope of the traveling Tour caddy vs a resident resort caddy, then you really are insulting the traveling Tour caddy.

Peasants!

None of you could possibly know the heavy burden of the full Tour caddy. A fill-in caddy should be lucky to get a place in the bread line!

Now that it's clearly our business, why don't you tell us what's fair, or should we continue to shout out numbers and you shoot them down?

Seems the number was agreed upon ahead of time. It's the SJWs behaving like little Bolsheviks that made all the noise.

If you don't want to recognize the vast difference in job scope of the traveling Tour caddy vs a resident resort caddy, then you really are insulting the traveling Tour caddy.

The caddie told the media, when interviewed after the win, he had not discussed or been paid yet. Perhaps he meant the comp for the win had not been discussed/paid but, either way, doesn't sound to me like this was all nailed down beforehand.

It's ok because Macguber aka plaid shorts said he is talking to Toucan directly and it seems he may be spilling the beans!

Gillis apparently says a lot. . Why does anyone even listen, or even care what what he thinks about it. Besides, how would he know what a winner pays!?

Peasants!

I’m going to speculate and venture a guess (since speculation seems to be taken as gospel in regards to this topic!), but I bet most fill in caddies, especially those working at a resort, would be thrilled just to be carrying in a PGA Tour event, plus getting $3,000 for it. Most of us here would do it for free.

Peasants!

The caddie told the media, when interviewed after the win, he had not discussed or been paid yet. Perhaps he meant the comp for the win had not been discussed/paid but, either way, doesn't sound to me like this was all nailed down beforehand.

It's ok because Macguber aka plaid shorts said he is talking to Toucan directly and it seems he may be spilling the beans!

If that is truely the case then why aren’t people coming down on the caddie for being flat out stupid? You take a job without discussing payment up front, and then b**** about it? That’s on him.

I guarantee he doesn’t take a resort guests bag without the fee being known up front.

Peasants!

Recanting this again from a November 2018 article by - Michael Bamberger

"Asked if he made more money than Favela last week, Ortiz said, “I hope so!” He had not yet received or discussed his pay with Kuchar. He knows the standard caddie bonus is 10 percent of the winner’s share. Kuchar earned $1.3 million for his win, his first since 2014."

This of course is an article which appeared before Kuchar's more recent response in which he indicated they had agreed upon a number.

If that is truely the case then why aren’t people coming down on the caddie for being flat out stupid? You take a job without discussing payment up front, and then b**** about it? That’s on him.

I guarantee he doesn’t take a resort guests bag without the fee being known up front.

It may well be the case that this is customary as it was the Tournament Director who appoints the caddie and the same circumstance existed back when Sergio won with a local caddie. The caddie's fees had not been set up in advance apparently.

Peasants!

"Asked if he made more money than Favela last week, Ortiz said, “I hope so!” He had not yet received or discussed his pay with Kuchar. He knows the standard caddie bonus is 10 percent of the winner’s share. Kuchar earned $1.3 million for his win, his first since 2014."

This of course is an article which appeared before Kuchar's more recent response in which he indicated they had agreed upon a number.

Where is the piece where Kuch said they had agreed on a number beforehand?

Here is a recent piece from Golfweek and the writer's own thoughts on this seem to come through....

"Kuchar’s limp response – that he paid more than $3,000 but less than the standard 10 percent for a winning Tour caddie – didn’t douse things. Word came from Ortiz that it was $5,000, a piddling amount given the $1.296 million winner’s check."

https://golfweek.com...caddie-payment/

It may well be the case that this is customary as it was the Tournament Director who appoints the caddie and the same circumstance existed back when Sergio won with a local caddie. The caddie's fees had not been set up in advance apparently.

Thanks D, could be. Although with the scope of,then entire operation I cannot for the life of me believe that this isn’t addressed prior. If for no other reason than to prevent situations like this from arising. But it’s still ultimately on the person taking on the job to get the details ironed out beforehand. If you don’t, then you take what they give you.

Peasants!

Therein lies the misunderstanding. Standard 10% or whatever the real number, isn't applicable for the local looper.

Peasants!

Where is the piece where Kuch said they had agreed on a number beforehand?

Here is a recent piece from Golfweek and the writer's own thoughts on this seem to come through....

"Kuchar’s limp response – that he paid more than $3,000 but less than the standard 10 percent for a winning Tour caddie – didn’t douse things. Word came from Ortiz that it was $5,000, a piddling amount given the $1.296 million winner’s check."

https://golfweek.com...caddie-payment/

According to a tweet by Brian Wacker at Golf Digest-

Asked Kuchar about local caddie situation in Mexico: “That’s not a story. It wasn’t 10 percent, it wasn’t $3,000. It’s not a story.” He came back few minutes later, expressed disappointment. "We had an agreement to start the week. He was excited to go to work that week.”

Peasants!

"Asked if he made more money than Favela last week, Ortiz said, "I hope so!" He had not yet received or discussed his pay with Kuchar. He knows the standard caddie bonus is 10 percent of the winner's share. Kuchar earned $1.3 million for his win, his first since 2014."

Therein lies the misunderstanding. Standard 10% or whatever the real number, isn't applicable for the local looper.

I think most of us here would agree, 10% isn't a realistic number in this situation. As I recall some have suggested that somewhere between 2% and 5% might have been more appropriate. I, myself, have no idea what the average guy on tour would do... the only other case I know of was with Sergio and I think (if I am recalling this correctly) he said he was probably going to pay his appointed caddie around 76K.. no evidence though of what he actually ended up paying him so it's hard to judge by that.