G410 irons...took the leap

bamagolf

Lovely sticks.

Today it was a first glance. Too cold for the cart, so picked the Sunday bag with hybrid, 6/8/P and glides stealth 54.

They behaved very nice, I would say better than g400 (my previous sticks). Like a lot the feel and the shape.

In my opinion it is an improvement under all aspects.

Hit a nice 94. My best score is 89

Sounds like you could benefit from simplifying your bag. See the minimalist thread.

I never done it for an extended period but I'm pretty sure my scores wouldnt change if I used 8-10 clubs. From the PW down I'd like to have all of my clubs but above that I think I could easily play with every other one. When you miss the sweet spot half the time, it doesn't really matter what club you pulled.

Used the 410 6-U for 6 rounds now. Got mine with the Alta CB regular shaft. Lovely golf club. Performance similar to the 400 I’d say though my golf is better - that’s likely down to winter lessons, practice and a better club fit.

Out on course you do notice the smaller size when trying to add a bit of finesse to shots - more refined. The P and U wedge are “proper” wedges now.

I’m delighted with the overall package and I’m a graphite convert, so much so that replacement Glide Stealths in my specs with the new Alta Graphite shaft arrived yesterday !!

If your after new GI clubs the 410 should be considered. For Ping devotees these are an worthy successor to previous G clubs

Does anyone have any reviews? Seems like everyone is just posting their shipment status.

I posted my thoughts after my initial round with mine. Monsoon season won’t end so it’ll be a few weeks before I can get specific. I have only been able to use them twice.

Yeap. Winter has been hanging on tightly where I"m at and have heard other parts of the country as well. I'm sure we'll be getting tons of 'real people' reviews shortly.

Mine showed up yesterday. Was so excited to open the box..... waggled each club as they came out. That’s weird, feels light. That’s weird, feels light too, etc, etc.

Pull out the build tags, the 4 iron is C5.....up to the 9 is C9..... lolol

I swear s*** like this only happens to me. I’ve never dealt with ping cs befubut I imagine they’re pretty good. Just another delay to send them back across the country and wait for them to come back.....

Mine showed up yesterday. Was so excited to open the box..... waggled each club as they came out. That’s weird, feels light. That’s weird, feels light too, etc, etc.

Pull out the build tags, the 4 iron is C5.....up to the 9 is C9..... lolol

I swear s*** like this only happens to me. I’ve never dealt with ping cs befubut I imagine they’re pretty good. Just another delay to send them back across the country and wait for them to come back.....

How did that happen? Mine arrive As per order. Did you have any special option?

Having had a look at these in our pro shop for the first time yesterday (didn’t get chance to hit them) they’re gorgeous for a GI iron. I will certainly be giving them a go once the main season is out the way. Too late for me to change clubs now as I like to do it before our winter league normally.

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

I have i500's right now but I'm wondering if my gir might increase going to the 410's. I used to be a 2 eons ago before wife and kids. I'm lucky to get to play once a week in the spring and summer time and I never go to the range anymore. Have to look and see if any comparison between the two

I'm interested in the i500s but don't think I can hit them. Maybe need the G700s instead...

Not sure you will find many objective comparisons. Most blades users (know these are not true blades) will tell you that their mishits are the same and GI clubs actually make things worse.

Hit em today, even with the extra light swingweights. I tried to add some leadtape to the backs but first swing with each club, the tape flew off, lol.

I’ve played Pings for years. Eye2 to i3 to i25 to iblades to a buddies spare i200’s. Played the g400’s for a couple months in between the 25’s and iblades. Loved the way the iblades looked, hated how short i hit them. Did not get along with the extra lengths and offset of the 400’s.

I am really digging the 410’s. I hit 14 greens today which is above average for me. 2 times i hit the green after a penalty from my tee shot, so could have been 16 gir’s, which is unheard of for me.

I hit them high. I’m can hit it high, but these go really high. Even the shots i tried to knock down went pretty high. They also went straight. Not a lot of workability, but for me that’s not a bad thing. Had 168 into a stiff breeze. Hit a moonshot 7 iron. In the air I didn’t think there was anyway it would get there, but it landed 8 feet short of the hole and stayed where it hit. Not sure if fixing the SW would affect fhe flight, but I was a fan.

I was worried the larger sole would affect my chipping, i like to chip with 8-PW using my putting grip. They were great, no chunks.

My buddy has been on the fence about picking up a set & he said he’ll have a set before we tee it up next weekend....fingers crossed I’ll get mine sorted out with Ping by then.

Overall, no complaints with these, they are exactly as advertised. Forgiving, long but not unpredictable or goofy. They should have a spot in my bag for a few years now.

Hit em today, even with the extra light swingweights. I tried to add some leadtape to the backs but first swing with each club, the tape flew off, lol.

I've played Pings for years. Eye2 to i3 to i25 to iblades to a buddies spare i200's. Played the g400's for a couple months in between the 25's and iblades. Loved the way the iblades looked, hated how short i hit them. Did not get along with the extra lengths and offset of the 400's.

I am really digging the 410's. I hit 14 greens today which is above average for me. 2 times i hit the green after a penalty from my tee shot, so could have been 16 gir's, which is unheard of for me.

I hit them high. I'm can hit it high, but these go really high. Even the shots i tried to knock down went pretty high. They also went straight. Not a lot of workability, but for me that's not a bad thing. Had 168 into a stiff breeze. Hit a moonshot 7 iron. In the air I didn't think there was anyway it would get there, but it landed 8 feet short of the hole and stayed where it hit. Not sure if fixing the SW would affect fhe flight, but I was a fan.

I was worried the larger sole would affect my chipping, i like to chip with 8-PW using my putting grip. They were great, no chunks.

My buddy has been on the fence about picking up a set & he said he'll have a set before we tee it up next weekend....fingers crossed I'll get mine sorted out with Ping by then.

Overall, no complaints with these, they are exactly as advertised. Forgiving, long but not unpredictable or goofy. They should have a spot in my bag for a few years now.

This is a helpful post for me as it answers the 'ease of achieving height' question. Although, I will need to hear from others who swing more my speed (carry a 33 deg 7 iron about 150).

It's too bad they messed up your swing weights. Ping usually seem to be on the light side but that's crazy with the 4 iron coming in at C-5. What shafts did you get?

I've played Pings for years. Eye2 to i3 to i25 to iblades to a buddies spare i200's. Played the g400's for a couple months in between the 25's and iblades. Loved the way the iblades looked, hated how short i hit them. Did not get along with the extra lengths and offset of the 400's.

I am really digging the 410's. I hit 14 greens today which is above average for me. 2 times i hit the green after a penalty from my tee shot, so could have been 16 gir's, which is unheard of for me.

I hit them high. I'm can hit it high, but these go really high. Even the shots i tried to knock down went pretty high. They also went straight. Not a lot of workability, but for me that's not a bad thing. Had 168 into a stiff breeze. Hit a moonshot 7 iron. In the air I didn't think there was anyway it would get there, but it landed 8 feet short of the hole and stayed where it hit. Not sure if fixing the SW would affect fhe flight, but I was a fan.

My buddy has been on the fence about picking up a set & he said he'll have a set before we tee it up next weekend....fingers crossed I'll get mine sorted out with Ping by then.

This is a helpful post for me as it answers the 'ease of achieving height' question. Although, I will need to hear from others who swing more my speed (carry a 33 deg 7 iron about 150).

It's too bad they messed up your swing weights. Ping usually seem to be on the light side but that's crazy with the 4 iron coming in at C-5. What shafts did you get?

KBS Tour 120 S but I requested i25 specs, which is shorter than the today’s standard but same swingweights. I guess the shorter shaft and midsized grips moved the needle big time & nobody thought to ask before throwing them in a box.

KBS Tour 120 S but I requested i25 specs, which is shorter than the today's standard but same swingweights. I guess the shorter shaft and midsized grips moved the needle big time & nobody thought to ask before throwing them in a box.

Many builders don't adjust swingweight for grip weight. It's a matter of great debate actually. Reason being the grip is on the counterbalance side of the swingweight scale fulcrum and doesn't impact the feeling of heft of the club, the MOI as it were, torque about the fulcrum, which is what the entire swingweight methodology is supposed to do. Many subscribe to the method of swingweighting with a 50 gram grip and then if a heavy/light grip is used then just disregard the swingweight thereafter. In effect, a midsize grip with reduce swingweight by 3 points which can be ignored. Just throwing this out there. If you adjust swingweight based on the heavy grip not only will the entire club be heavier, the feeling of heft of adding more head weight will further that move.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

KBS Tour 120 S but I requested i25 specs, which is shorter than the today's standard but same swingweights. I guess the shorter shaft and midsized grips moved the needle big time & nobody thought to ask before throwing them in a box.

Many builders don't adjust swingweight for grip weight. It's a matter of great debate actually. Reason being the grip is on the counterbalance side of the swingweight scale fulcrum and doesn't impact the feeling of heft of the club, the MOI as it were, torque about the fulcrum, which is what the entire swingweight methodology is supposed to do. Many subscribe to the method of swingweighting with a 50 gram grip and then if a heavy/light grip is used then just disregard the swingweight thereafter. In effect, a midsize grip with reduce swingweight by 3 points which can be ignored. Just throwing this out there. If you adjust swingweight based on the heavy grip not only will the entire club be heavier, the feeling of heft of adding more head weight will further that move.

The grips are only 2gr or so different. The length of the irons i think is what affected it more. I ordered the 4 iron -5/8”, 5 -1/2, 6 -3/8, 7,8,9 -1/4 and the pw is the same so they’re the same lengths as my i25’s were. My mistake for not specifying what SW I wanted.

I really don’t like playing longer lengths in my irons, so we’ll see what they say. I don’t think they’d feel much different even if i swapped out grips for std tour velvets, just the sw would move a hair, like you said.

Edit: Ping told me to pound sand. I can send them back but they’re going to charge me per club to adjust the SW’s.....lolol. Not a problem. Looks like I’m using lead tape.

The grips are only 2gr or so different. The length of the irons i think is what affected it more. I ordered the 4 iron -5/8", 5 -1/2, 6 -3/8, 7,8,9 -1/4 and the pw is the same so they're the same lengths as my i25's were. My mistake for not specifying what SW I wanted.

I really don't like playing longer lengths in my irons, so we'll see what they say. I don't think they'd feel much different even if i swapped out grips for std tour velvets, just the sw would move a hair, like you said.

This is the exact spec I want with G410s, I emailed PING last week about this and haven't heard back yet. Just to confirm, you were able to order the G410s at 4 iron -5/8", 5 -1/2, 6 -3/8, 7,8,9 -1/4 and PW std length? I want to do the exact same but I'll have to make sure they build them back to D1+ (my preferred swt), thanks!

The grips are only 2gr or so different. The length of the irons i think is what affected it more. I ordered the 4 iron -5/8", 5 -1/2, 6 -3/8, 7,8,9 -1/4 and the pw is the same so they're the same lengths as my i25's were. My mistake for not specifying what SW I wanted.

I really don't like playing longer lengths in my irons, so we'll see what they say. I don't think they'd feel much different even if i swapped out grips for std tour velvets, just the sw would move a hair, like you said.

This is the exact spec I want with G410s, I emailed PING last week about this and haven't heard back yet. Just to confirm, you were able to order the G410s at 4 iron -5/8", 5 -1/2, 6 -3/8, 7,8,9 -1/4 and PW std length? I want to do the exact same but I'll have to make sure they build them back to D1+ (my preferred swt), thanks!

Yep, but make sure to specify SW. The lengths feel awesome, like a warm security blanket..... but see my above edit regarding my chat with CS this morning......

Yep, but make sure to specify SW. The lengths feel awesome, like a warm security blanket..... but see my above edit regarding my chat with CS this morning......

Oh man that sucks, sorry. Your mistake for not specifying but you would hope PING would catch something like that. Someone asking for such a specific build and not adjusting the swingweight with it should have sent up some kind of red flag in their quality process. Gotta love PING though for this level of customization. I've really been on the fence about choosing new irons for this season and mistakes aside, this puts PING on the top of my list for sure. I emailed Srixon recently and they don't even put 1 swt point back onto clubs ordered at 1/4" short...

Well I'm a little concerned now. I went to a well respected fitter and she was very persuasive in fitting me into 3/4" short steel irons with 1 degree flat after a very exhaustive process. I have 31.5" wrist-to-floor and am only 5'4". I'm a pretty strong dude for my size so I'm really hoping the weight isn't an issue. I'm hopeful my irons arrive this week as the ship date was supposed to be 2/28. My fitter is changing the grips for me so they're shipping to the pro shop first. I guess I'll see when I pick them up.

Well I'm a little concerned now. I went to a well respected fitter and she was very persuasive in fitting me into 3/4" short steel irons with 1 degree flat after a very exhaustive process. I have 31.5" wrist-to-floor and am only 5'4". I'm a pretty strong dude for my size so I'm really hoping the weight isn't an issue. I'm hopeful my irons arrive this week as the ship date was supposed to be 2/28. My fitter is changing the grips for me so they're shipping to the pro shop first. I guess I'll see when I pick them up.

I’ll be very interested to hear how they weigh out, hopefully yours have the right SW.... I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you bro.

Yeah, I can screw uo just about anything pretty easily. Whatever grocery line I pick, guarantees the person in front of me has a pocket full of coupons and is writing a check.....

I like Ping, but I agree, a simple call to the fitter would have solved the problem. Oh well. Another day, another lesson learned.

What about changing the tungsten screw?

I ordered mine on Feb. 13.

Should I have gotten them by now?

My fittered ordered mine on 2/15 and was given a 2/28 estimated ship date. As of today they tell me that Ping's status is "In Production". I'm pretty bummed. Hoping to have them for this weekend at least but it's not looking good. Woods/hybrids still show 3/12.

I ordered mine on Feb. 13.

Should I have gotten them by now?

I would think so unless demand has went out of sight. I had mine exactly one week after I placed my order.

Ping G425 LST 9*
Ping G400 3W

Ping G425 Max 7W
Ping G410 4H, 5H, 6H
Ping G425 7H

Ping G410 8-U

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 2 54*

Ping G410 L
SC Special Select NP2 35”

Edit: Ping told me to pound sand. I can send them back but they're going to charge me per club to adjust the SW's.....lolol. Not a problem. Looks like I'm using lead tape.

Mid size grips are typically in the 65 gram range. What kind of midsized grips are only 52 grams? Anyway, I'd be pretty upset. When looking at the specs, while the clubs are longer than typical in the long irons the lofts are strong too so it evens out.

I'm joining the 410 club. :D Found a 5-UW set with XP 95 S shafts on ebay for a palatable price. I'm a low ball hitter so the high launch shaft should be okay. According to Wishons shaft profile software the XP 95 S is almost identical to Modus 105 S, only the XP is a smig stiffer in the tip. Worst case I'll reshaft with Recoil's. I'll provide a comparison impression against my G25's as soon as I get some rounds under my belt.

Edit: correction above. It's the XP 105 that's almost identical to the Modus 105. The XP 95 is softer in the tip.