Does Spieth needs to make a change ???

Here comes the Boom

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His personality is to get very down on himself when he's not doing well. A sports shrink would probably do him some good. A readjusting of perspective would be a good thing. That and his childhood buddy Thomas doing so well is putting some self induced pressure on as well I'm sure.

Β 

This is a fascinating take, as I recall a few years ago that Justin Thomas had some pressure on him due to Jordan's success. Funny how things change.

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5Β° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15Β° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19Β° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50Β°, 54Β°, 58Β° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls

Spieth is done. Being mwntally strong is crucial, his.personality is not.

Β 

Goodness. Was just told on air he made $2mil playing last year while β€œ in the toilet”.

Β 

Being mentally strong isn’t about not falling down. It’s about getting back up time and time again. Time will tell the tale. Plenty of time left

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7xΒ 

TM Sim2 max tour Β 16* GD Β ADHD 8xΒ 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5TΒ 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70Β 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txΒ 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlockΒ 

Β 

Goodness. Was just told on air he made $2mil playing last year while " in the toilet".

Β 

Being mentally strong isn't about not falling down. It's about getting back up time and time again. Time will tell the tale. Plenty of time left

Β 

Tiger will never win again.

Cobra King LTD Black

Callaway Epic Flash 3w

Callaway Mavrik 5w

Callaway Mavrik Pro 4h

PING iBlade 5-PW
PING Glide 50Β°
Titleist Vokey 54Β° s

Ping Glide 58Β° es

Bettinardi BB1

We get it. You don't like him.

Β 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19Β°,22Β° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72Β 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Goodness. Was just told on air he made $2mil playing last year while " in the toilet".

Β 

Being mentally strong isn't about not falling down. It's about getting back up time and time again. Time will tell the tale. Plenty of time left

Β 

Β 

Yea. I heard that one before too. And I was correct that time too. And I’m talking during the first back surgery comeback. Not this last one. I said then he’d figure it out. He is/has. Some players have that thing you can’t always see unless you’re looking for it. Jordan has it. People love drawing lines to guys like β€œ Luke Donald β€œ etc who have fell off the map. Those guys don’t have the intangible I’m talking about. He’s in the dumps no doubt. Be he will be back.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txΒ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockΒ 

Spieth clearly needs to just log on to WRX. With the number of threads outlining everything he’s doing wrong he could be fixed within the hour.

Β 

You donÒ€ℒt even have to login, just lurk!

Β 

He made just shy of 3 million last year. Can any of you say that?

Β 

Even if he gets drunk every night and falls asleep in his green jacket he still had a nice career. He has his buddies US Open Trophy, Cleric Jug , he can talk to them. Lol

Is there any video of the blunder on 10? Can't find one.

Β 

https://twitter.com/...938575012343815

Β 

I honestly can't stop laughing at this.

Id be careful. Golf gods don’t look on laughing at someone’s blowup kindly. lol. Next time you’re in a trap you might just get this visual and experience it for yourself. ?.

Β 

(Made sure to add a smiley face so you know thats a joke )

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txΒ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yea. I heard that one before too. And I was correct that time too. And Im talking during the first back surgery comeback. Not this last one. I said then hed figure it out. He is/has. Some players have that thing you cant always see unless youre looking for it. Jordan has it. People love drawing lines to guys like Luke Donald etc who have fell off the map. Those guys dont have the intangible Im talking about. Hes in the dumps no doubt. Be he will be back.

Β 

If Luke got his shite together and worked with Dave Alred again, he might grab a few more wins. I just do not think he wants it.

Is there any video of the blunder on 10? Can't find one.

Β 

https://twitter.com/...938575012343815

Β 

I honestly can't stop laughing at this.

Id be careful. Golf gods don't look on laughing at someone's blowup kindly. lol. Next time you're in a trap you might just get this visual and experience it for yourself. .

Β 

(Made sure to add a smiley face so you know thats a joke )

Β 

lol, I wasn't laughing at not being able to get out but his reactions to the shot. Like what did you expect when you chopped at it? lmao

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yea. I heard that one before too. And I was correct that time too. And I’m talking during the first back surgery comeback. Not this last one. I said then he’d figure it out. He is/has. Some players have that thing you can’t always see unless you’re looking for it. Jordan has it. People love drawing lines to guys like β€œ Luke Donald β€œ etc who have fell off the map. Those guys don’t have the intangible I’m talking about. He’s in the dumps no doubt. Be he will be back.

Β 

If Luke got his shite together and worked with Dave Alred again, he might grab a few more wins. I just do not think he wants it.

Β 

It’s not that I leap at every chance to mention Luke Donald. It’s just that in this particular scenario, there are some parallels that are easy to argue. If Spieth wants to go find Cameron Champ distance, or simply distance that would allow him to tell CC β€œnice drive” without scarring his vocal cords, then he is a 1:5 chance to even stay in the top 30 while doing so. He should have just stuck with the same stuff that got him to where he was. Too many people out there around the tour to get into these guys’ heads. It is truly sad at times. I feel like at some point someone influential sauntered up to Spieth and whispered β€œyou could be the goat, kid, if you just had 15 more yards in the tank”. And the poor soul believed it.

Spieth clearly needs to just log on to WRX. With the number of threads outlining everything he's doing wrong he could be fixed within the hour.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Even if he gets drunk every night and falls asleep in his green jacket he still had a nice career. He has his buddies US Open Trophy, Cleric Jug , he can talk to them. Lol

Β 

Was that the clergy - only tournament he won a few years ago? Wow, never knew Jordan was ordained.

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8Β 58

Jordan hits 13 greens in regulation and shoots 4 over in the 3rd round today.

Β 

His Strokes Gained Putting today was -5.482 with. Missed 4 birdie putts from inside 5 feet and 2 par putts inside 5 feet. And also had 3 additional misses inside of 8 feet.

Β 

That is just mind-boggling.

Β 

I’ve read that book personally. It’s a sickening story. Putter change has to be coming. As much as I hate to blame the stick ( it’s him not the club) at some point you have to look at something different to trick your mind into some sort of reset. A β€œ blank slate β€œ to stop thinking about the misses. Which of course only will work if you have some quick success. Lol. I don’t know. I’ve been there as far as putting. Can’t think of a single thing in this game as frustrating as that.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txΒ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockΒ 

Spieth clearly needs to just log on to WRX. With the number of threads outlining everything he's doing wrong he could be fixed within the hour.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Was that the clergy - only tournament he won a few years ago? Wow, never knew Jordan was ordained.

Β 

You didn’t know they call the open trophy the cleric jug? He beat moochar to win that.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

You didn’t know they call the open trophy the cleric jug? He beat moochar to win that.

Β 

LOL I can't tell whether you're just pulling our chains or not... :)

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Β 

You donΓ’Β€β„’t even have to login, just lurk!

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Should be at glen Abbey I guess

Maybe he and Rory should swap caddies. Then Rory will have a β€œproper” caddie and Jordan will have a caddie with several recent top 5 finishes, and a possible win today. Swapping would make him a β€œproper” caddie. Then Rory could have him back next year. That would fix Jordan’s yips for sure. Sorry, did I say yips ?

Β 

This is karma for using that three wood as an alignment aid at Birkdale when hitting from the practice ground.

Β 

His Strokes Gained Putting today was -5.482 with. Missed 4 birdie putts from inside 5 feet and 2 par putts inside 5 feet. And also had 3 additional misses inside of 8 feet.

Β 

Β 

I’ve read that book personally. It’s a sickening story. Putter change has to be coming. As much as I hate to blame the stick ( it’s him not the club) at some point you have to look at something different to trick your mind into some sort of reset. A β€œ blank slate β€œ to stop thinking about the misses. Which of course only will work if you have some quick success. Lol. I don’t know. I’ve been there as far as putting. Can’t think of a single thing in this game as frustrating as that.

Didn't he switch once last year for like one tournament? It's odd because he was putting halfway decent again for a while.

Β 

It's sad/crazy how all over the place he is. Will be interesting to see if he can get it together by Augusta, and if not still find someway to get around that course relatively well (given his history).

Β 

If not,...

Β 

Β 

Β 

Didn't he switch once last year for like one tournament? It's odd because he was putting halfway decent again for a while.

Β 

It's sad/crazy how all over the place he is. Will be interesting to see if he can get it together by Augusta, and if not still find someway to get around that course relatively well (given his history).

Β 

If not,...

Β 

Yep. Byron Nelson I think. To a jt looking mallet. If I had to bet I’d say it’s loss of confidence in alignment. For me that kills everything. Stroke. Speed etc.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txΒ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockΒ 

I love seeing the β€œhe needs to go to butch” comments lol. Ya for sure, get him under butch with Stevie Williams on the bag and this guy will be back to winning majors...

The kid is in a slump, all players go through it, he’s good enough to turn things around.

TM SIMΒ - KuroKageΒ 60XTX
TM SIM 15Β - Blueboard 83X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 Iron - PXI 6.5
Srixon Z745 4,5Β - Dynamic Gold x100

Callaway Apex Raw 6-PW -Β Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM8 -Β 52,Β 56, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 350 Newport 2

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

LOL I can't tell whether you're just pulling our chains or not... :)

Β 

They love clerics over there ;)