2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters

Eric05

> @bladehunter said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @longball said:

> > > > > @oneaugusta said:

> > > > > He's far to special to sell a $600 putter, maybe a $600 ball marker.

> > > >

> > > > What could the cool stuff be that will shock people? Maybe a $600 putter??!?!?

> > > >

> > > Or maybe releasing more than 10 putters a month, lol!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's hard to make putters when you're learning

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/16559600/#Comment_16559600

> >

>

>

> Learning what ?

>

How to use a CNC machine

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @bladehunter said:

> And where are these $750 lamb putters ? Anyone have a link ?

In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

> @jschwarb said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > And where are these $750 lamb putters ? Anyone have a link ?

> In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

I agree. When I first heard that I thought how can someone run a business if they can’t make an excel spreadsheet. Was this written on a napkin?

> @jschwarb said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still

Never said they should. I just wanted a clarification because I knew they didn’t.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @jschwarb said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

> @FlyOver said:

> > @jschwarb said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > And where are these $750 lamb putters ? Anyone have a link ?

> > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

>

> With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

>

>

He can't make more than 10 a month. Should go take CNC lessons from Bettinardi.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @FlyOver said:

> > @jschwarb said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > And where are these $750 lamb putters ? Anyone have a link ?

> > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

>

> With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

>

>

"Big line of customers waiting" I've heard ducks fart under water before! Guessing he doesn't need the money because he has old money or someones?

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

> @"Mr. Grumpy" said:

> Stop it with the TL doesn't appropriate/copy/steal designs from others. I am actually not surprised to hear he is making Pizza Markers..

> We've been down this path before, and it was locked. This will end up locked as well. Save the poetic waxing...

Well, not exactly locked. Two of the more recent threads are in the Cooler....but of course, no one bothers to post anymore because the posts all need moderator approval first.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1373574/tyson-lamb-putters-crafts

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1629048/whos-actually-using-a-tyson-lamb

Edit....well, I take that back. It looks like threads in “The Cooler” are now effectively locked. They do not appear to support new posts anymore since the website changeover. I see no box appearing to add a post. Interesting.

> @oneaugusta said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @jschwarb said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > And where are these $750 lamb putters ? Anyone have a link ?

> > > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

> >

> > With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

> >

> >

>

> "Big line of customers waiting" I've heard ducks **** under water before! Guessing he doesn't need the money because he has old money or someones?

Just to clarify I was not using the F-bomb when referring to the ducks but rather passing gas word, not sure why the new program blocked it out? New program must have code for blocking out 4 letter words that begin with F. I'm not a fan of fowl language on forums or social media. Thanks

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

> @BottleCap said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @jschwarb said:

> > > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

> >

> > With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

> >

> >

>

> He can't make more than 10 a month. Should go take CNC lessons from Bettinardi.

> @BottleCap said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @jschwarb said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> He can't make more than 10 a month. Should go take CNC lessons from Bettinardi.

Makes me wonder, if he can only produce 10 putters a month. When he had only 1 machine. Did he outsourced his heads to be machined by someone else?

> @oneaugusta said:

> > @oneaugusta said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @jschwarb said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > And where are these $750 lamb putters ? Anyone have a link ?

> > > > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

> > >

> > > With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > "Big line of customers waiting" I've heard ducks **** under water before! Guessing he doesn't need the money because he has old money or someones?

>

> I'm not a fan of fowl language

I see what you did there

> @BottleCap said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @jschwarb said:

> >

> >

> >

>

Not even close to 10 a month.

> @longball said:

> I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

Bettinardi always sells out of his limited Hive releases (every 2 weeks) which are on average $1500+.

Piretti on a lower scale also sells a lot of $1000 plus putters.

We all know about CT’s at $2500-$9000.

There are plenty of buyers and many of them being collectors will buy multiple putters.

Something doesn’t add up though why he wouldn’t focus on making more putters and less knick knacks.

> @BottleCap said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @jschwarb said:

> >

> >

> >

>

lets be honest....everyone should take CNC lessons from Bob. He is the absolute top. so thats not really an insult to say that. lest we not forget the only reason Bob is in the putter business now is because for a decade he milled ALL of SC's heads and was then dropped after he took the liberty to mill the face on 3 heads differently to show to Don. Don was not only not impressed but he also took all of his business away from Bob and almost put Bob out of business. but as far as skilled CNC people goes Bob is at the top of that list.....so yes everyone should get lessons from him

> @longball said:

> I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

> @FlyOver said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @jschwarb said:

> > > > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

> > >

> > > With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > He can't make more than 10 a month. Should go take CNC lessons from Bettinardi.

>

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @jschwarb said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > He can't make more than 10 a month. Should go take CNC lessons from Bettinardi.

>

> Makes me wonder, if he can only produce 10 putters a month. When he had only 1 machine. Did he outsourced his heads to be machined by someone else?

no head doesnt outsource his heads

> @Raiders said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @jschwarb said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> lets be honest....everyone should take CNC lessons from Bob. He is the absolute top. so thats not really an insult to say that. lest we not forget the only reason Bob is in the putter business now is because for a decade he milled ALL of SC's heads and was then dropped after he took the liberty to mill the face on 3 heads differently to show to Don. Don was not only not impressed but he also took all of his business away from Bob and almost put Bob out of business. but as far as skilled CNC people goes Bob is at the top of that list.....so yes everyone should get lessons from him

Who's Don?

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @Raiders said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > @jschwarb said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > And where are these $750 lamb putters ? Anyone have a link ?

> > > > > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

> > > >

> > > > With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > He can't make more than 10 a month. Should go take CNC lessons from Bettinardi.

> >

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

> > > >

> > > > With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > He can't make more than 10 a month. Should go take CNC lessons from Bettinardi.

> >

> > Makes me wonder, if he can only produce 10 putters a month. When he had only 1 machine. Did he outsourced his heads to be machined by someone else?

>

> no head doesnt outsource his heads

A few weeks after the PGA show I was at the Scotty Cameron Gallery waiting for it to open and I over heard a guy talking that Tyson Lamb may have gotten the contract to produce putters for Table Rock, so he may be busy with those.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @BottleCap said:

> > @Raiders said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > lets be honest....everyone should take CNC lessons from Bob. He is the absolute top. so thats not really an insult to say that. lest we not forget the only reason Bob is in the putter business now is because for a decade he milled ALL of SC's heads and was then dropped after he took the liberty to mill the face on 3 heads differently to show to Don. Don was not only not impressed but he also took all of his business away from Bob and almost put Bob out of business. but as far as skilled CNC people goes Bob is at the top of that list.....so yes everyone should get lessons from him

>

> Who's Don?

Don is Scotty's real first name.

> @Raiders said:

> > @longball said:

> > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

>

> no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

With millions of golfers in the World, "thousands of guys" is a limited customer pool.

Is the Swag comment supposed to be an insult? Right now I am happy with my Nead putter. Maybe someday an opportunity to buy a Lamb will present itself.

> @BottleCap said:

> > @Raiders said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > lets be honest....everyone should take CNC lessons from Bob. He is the absolute top. so thats not really an insult to say that. lest we not forget the only reason Bob is in the putter business now is because for a decade he milled ALL of SC's heads and was then dropped after he took the liberty to mill the face on 3 heads differently to show to Don. Don was not only not impressed but he also took all of his business away from Bob and almost put Bob out of business. but as far as skilled CNC people goes Bob is at the top of that list.....so yes everyone should get lessons from him

>

> Who's Don?

Really? Don is Scotty Cameron's real first name. Don T. Cameron. Scotty is his nickname.

> @BottleCap said:

> > @Raiders said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > > @jschwarb said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > And where are these $750 lamb putters ? Anyone have a link ?

> > > > > > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

> > > > >

> > > > > With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > He can't make more than 10 a month. Should go take CNC lessons from Bettinardi.

> > >

> > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > > @jschwarb said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > And where are these $750 lamb putters ? Anyone have a link ?

> > > > > > In his defense, why should he sell $750 putters when there's a line of people waiting to pay four figures? That said, the line shouldn't be this long. The story about the Lambs losing their list of people who were waiting for custom putters is still mindblowing.

> > > > >

> > > > > With customets willing to pay 1K and more for his putters. How can he go out of business selling putters?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > He can't make more than 10 a month. Should go take CNC lessons from Bettinardi.

> > >

> > > Makes me wonder, if he can only produce 10 putters a month. When he had only 1 machine. Did he outsourced his heads to be machined by someone else?

> >

> > no head doesnt outsource his heads

>

> A few weeks after the PGA show I was at the Scotty Cameron Gallery waiting for it to open and I over heard a guy talking that Tyson Lamb may have gotten the contract to produce putters for Table Rock, so he may be busy with those.

Tyson had a relationship with Jim Butler @ tablerock from 2016-2018. that relationship is over now. So i can promise he isnt busy with any of those.

> @longball said:

> > @Raiders said:

> > > @longball said:

> > > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

> >

> > no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

>

> With millions of golfers in the World, "thousands of guys" is a limited customer pool.

>

> Is the Swag comment supposed to be an insult? Right now I am happy with my Nead putter. Maybe someday an opportunity to buy a Lamb will present itself.

Nead makes great putters. i have two. very good craftsmanship. Swag wasnt supposed to be an insult.....just a friendly dig. i actually really like the companies headcovers. the putters to me are the same as Royalty putters in that imho they mine as well be mass produced in Taiwan because they look like the Skateboard graphics you see on deck in Walmart from 1996. and that just brought me back right there. but their headcover design is really fantastic. their name is awful and also reminds me of Walmart, except the Tshirt department. but as a capitalist im all for "the more the merrier" and "the cream will rise to the top". lots of really great putter makers out there. LaMont, Lajosi, Nead, Tyson, Bradley (their wood stuff is awesome), Byron, Cody James making some great stuff. i think there is a large enough pool of people wanting sticks from multiple makers that no one has to go hungry, however some may need to make and sell some collectible knick knacks to keep profits up. just one poor mans opinion.

• Like 1

> @Raiders said:

> > @longball said:

> > > @Raiders said:

> > > > @longball said:

> > > > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

> > >

> > > no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

> >

> > With millions of golfers in the World, "thousands of guys" is a limited customer pool.

> >

> > Is the Swag comment supposed to be an insult? Right now I am happy with my Nead putter. Maybe someday an opportunity to buy a Lamb will present itself.

>

> Nead makes great putters. i have two. very good craftsmanship. Swag wasnt supposed to be an insult.....just a friendly dig. i actually really like the companies headcovers. the putters to me are the same as Royalty putters in that imho they mine as well be mass produced in Taiwan because they look like the Skateboard graphics you see on deck in Walmart from 1996. and that just brought me back right there. but their headcover design is really fantastic. their name is awful and also reminds me of Walmart, except the Tshirt department. but as a capitalist im all for "the more the merrier" and "the cream will rise to the top". lots of really great putter makers out there. LaMont, Lajosi, Nead, Tyson, Bradley (their wood stuff is awesome), Byron, Cody James making some great stuff. i think there is a large enough pool of people wanting sticks from multiple makers that no one has to go hungry, however some may need to make and sell some collectible knick knacks to keep profits up. just one poor mans opinion.

You're way off, it's 1986 skateboard graphics

Also you're not just any old man.

You've been the pre 10:00am opening topic of conversation at the Scotty Cameron Gallery on at least two occasions.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

> @BottleCap said:

> > @Raiders said:

> > > @longball said:

> > > > @Raiders said:

> > > > > @longball said:

> > > > > I think he knows that if he starts producing a lot of putters sales will slow. The number of buyers willing to spend $1000+ on a putter is very limited. It is very easy to complain about not being able to buy one of his putters but many will shy away when presented with a real opportunity to buy one.

> > > >

> > > > no its not. i can name you literally thousands of guys who are willing to line up around the block to pay 1K for a Cameron. so that statement just isnt accurate. perhaps you meant to say you dont think people are willing to pay 1k for one of Tyson's putters? perhaps. i dont know the answer to that. maybe Tyson will be out of business in 5 years. you have your Swag putter yet?

> > >

> > > With millions of golfers in the World, "thousands of guys" is a limited customer pool.

> > >

> > > Is the Swag comment supposed to be an insult? Right now I am happy with my Nead putter. Maybe someday an opportunity to buy a Lamb will present itself.

> >

> > Nead makes great putters. i have two. very good craftsmanship. Swag wasnt supposed to be an insult.....just a friendly dig. i actually really like the companies headcovers. the putters to me are the same as Royalty putters in that imho they mine as well be mass produced in Taiwan because they look like the Skateboard graphics you see on deck in Walmart from 1996. and that just brought me back right there. but their headcover design is really fantastic. their name is awful and also reminds me of Walmart, except the Tshirt department. but as a capitalist im all for "the more the merrier" and "the cream will rise to the top". lots of really great putter makers out there. LaMont, Lajosi, Nead, Tyson, Bradley (their wood stuff is awesome), Byron, Cody James making some great stuff. i think there is a large enough pool of people wanting sticks from multiple makers that no one has to go hungry, however some may need to make and sell some collectible knick knacks to keep profits up. just one poor mans opinion.

>

> You're way off, it's 1986 skateboard graphics

>

> Also you're not just any old man.

> You've been the pre 10:00am opening topic of conversation at the Scotty Cameron Gallery on at least two occasions.

HAHAHA greeeeaaaattttt! i have oh so many people who like me in California. and i apologize you are correct on the '86 graphic. i would love to be a fly on the gallery wall to hear all the nice things being said about me. i am in very special company in the Cameron world. very few of us who have had explicit access to that world to have it all be ripped away in an instant. i went from having hundreds of friends and contacts throughout the world to have maybe 5-6 left that will still even associate with me anymore. i felt like people had to disconnect from me as i was a suppressive person or something (sorry been watching a lot of scientology docs lately). but i suppose its better to be infamous then non existent