2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

NEW MACGREGOR IRON AND WEDGES

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my DCT Sunset around the first week of May with allot of help from Mr. Gorman and have had it on the course now for a while and I really love this putter. My putting from outside of 15-20 feet have really improved. I had an Odyssey XG 9 and would make a mess out of any lengthy putt. Macgregor has an excellent product with the DCT Series and are well worth the wait.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Edel SLS-01 5-P
Ping Glide 4.0 50*, 56*, 60*

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

Man these sticks look sweet, i'm seriously thinking about a Gun metal Combo set 3-7 Cs and 8-Pw Ms. Plus 52 and 58 wedges. Shame there's no two iron, but hey i'm a dinosaur..

Just one question, I've checked the website and no matching bags yet. I love to get the right bag for my gamers, plus it's good avertising too.

If anyone knows if a staff stand bag is coming, could they let me know?

Last I heard, there were no bags coming out this years, as they're going away from soft goods. I don't know for sure though. Maybe the success of the new lines will convince them to make a limited run.

Would like to know who is spreading this word. MacGregor is working with new suppliers for soft goods and accessories, utilizing the strength of Greg Norman Collection as well. There is a line of MacGregor Bags coming out later in the year. The design is complete and procured.

Callaway Paradym 10.5 Ventus 5R - Soon PING G430Max 10K or TaylorMade Qi10 Max?
TaylorMade Stealth Tour 4 Wood Ventus - When available the Qi10 Tour 4 wood
TaylorMade Qi10 Rescue 4, 5  Ventus
TaylorMade P790 (2021) 6-9 DG95

TaylorMade P770 PW GD115
TaylorMade 50, 55, 60 DG200
TaylorMade / Balboa / Berwick
TaylorMade Burner TP LDP / TP5x
Ogio Grom / Edge / Nexos (All new old stock)

hello.

i am John from the Netherlands.

Is there someone who can tell me where I can buy the pro c with a one and a half larger.

I have send an e-mail tho Macgregor, but they didn't answer yet.

And are the semi-blades quickly damaged after a play, like the old ones, because it is soft.

Are the irons made off the same material as they where made off in the old days.

greetings and thanks

john

Having these sticks is kind of annoying in a way, because every time I am at the driving range (which has been often as of late--I am still a relative newly dedicated golfer trying to get his handicap to a respectable level), someone wants to hit my clubs, especially the wedges.

I am an easy going and gracious dude, but I don't let people hit my woods, as the one time I did that (when I first started playing with a nice G5), you guessed it, skymarks. Ugh.

But, everyone loves the look of these clubs, that is for sure.

Man these sticks look sweet, i'm seriously thinking about a Gun metal Combo set 3-7 Cs and 8-Pw Ms. Plus 52 and 58 wedges. Shame there's no two iron, but hey i'm a dinosaur..

Just one question, I've checked the website and no matching bags yet. I love to get the right bag for my gamers, plus it's good avertising too.

If anyone knows if a staff stand bag is coming, could they let me know?

The Pro CM only comes as Pro C 3-6 and Pro M 7-PW, unless you special order which may or may not add cost. You could get the 7 Iron Demo in the Pro C, but it will come with a stamp on the toe. Then again if you're looking for a 2 Iron, I am sure you can hit the Muscle Back 7 Iron!

I have just received a set of Pro-Cs that are being reshafted, I hope to add a full review soon. Even with shafts that are too heavy and stiff for me, contact with this clubhead is the easiest of any Forged Club I have ever hit.

TaylorMade P770 PW GD115

You guys need to write up some reviews on these great clubs. Comparisons. Likes & Dislikes. We all know they are pretty looking. But you need to share with us how you think they play. Comment on the Nippon shafts. The soles. Etc. I know you all have opinions. Otherwise, you'd be watching TV instead of reading this right now.

You guys need to write up some reviews on these great clubs. Comparisons. Likes & Dislikes. We all know they are pretty looking. But you need to share with us how you think they play. Comment on the Nippon shafts. The soles. Etc. I know you all have opinions. Otherwise, you'd be watching TV instead of reading this right now.

The feel of the gunmetals is so soft, that it puts my mizunos to shame.

Very workable, quite forgiving and a wonderful shape.

If I were to really try to find something wrong with them, I would say that the leading edge needs to be a bit straighter, but hey, I still love em.

Tour issue Aeroburner TP 10.5* Diamana D+ 70x
SLDR 15* & 19* Diamana blueboard 83x
Adams Red 20* Ozik x
Macgregor Pro-C 4 Iron X100
Macgregor Pro-M 5-PW X100
Callaway Forged Copper 54 & 60*
Scotty Cameron Classic black Newport 2 34"

• 2 weeks later...

With all due respect for the customer service, I just learned that the left handed forgings promised will not be made and delivered to those that ordered them.

I made a friend order a set since I enjoyed the gunmetals so much. They had been promised for many months. Not sure it's a good thing for a company trying to sway the "player" market to advertise that a club would be available, provide a date for it, and then cancel out. Don't promise what isn't going to be delivered. It's a credibility thing. Guessing there was insufficent demand to justify the forging process, but a disappointment nonetheless. Certainly not good publicity for the company or me.

That said, sure like my clubs and hope the company is able to stick around long enough to re-establish the brand.

With all due respect for the customer service, I just learned that the left handed forgings promised will not be made and delivered to those that ordered them.

I made a friend order a set since I enjoyed the gunmetals so much. They had been promised for many months. Not sure it's a good thing for a company trying to sway the "player" market to advertise that a club would be available, provide a date for it, and then cancel out. Don't promise what isn't going to be delivered. It's a credibility thing. Guessing there was insufficent demand to justify the forging process, but a disappointment nonetheless. Certainly not good publicity for the company or me.

That said, sure like my clubs and hope the company is able to stick around long enough to re-establish the brand.

Are you certain they are not just delayed? Before you cast dispersion too swiftly, we may find out that MacGregor refused the initial shipments because they did not meet Quality Standards. This was the case with the Putters. Bare in mind that much goes into release dates. Commitments from Endo, shipping, on and on. This is the beginning of an entire new line with entirely new (new to MacGregor) Suppliers.

If this was actually a decision based on insufficent demand, that would be unfortunate, from what I have seen so far from MacGregor it would also be unlikely.

TaylorMade P770 PW GD115

Are you certain they are not just delayed? Before you cast dispersion too swiftly, we may find out that MacGregor refused the initial shipments because they did not meet Quality Standards. This was the case with the Putters. Bare in mind that much goes into release dates. Commitments from Endo, shipping, on and on. This is the beginning of an entire new line with entirely new (new to MacGregor) Suppliers.

If this was actually a decision based on insufficent demand, that would be unfortunate, from what I have seen so far from MacGregor it would also be unlikely.

According to Scott Sirois, Director of Customer Service, "We originally planned on having LH forged products earlier this year but that has not happened. We may have some LH forged product late this year, but that has yet to be determined".

Doesn't sound like quality control issues to me--sounds like no demand. It would be surprising that the RH models would satisfy spec but not the LH. Like I said, hope this doesn't bode ill for the brand.

have had my gunmetal combo (3-7 C/4-PW M) set for a few months now so figured i would post a review - my background...12 handicapper (up from 9 since getting married, buying a house, having a kid) who grew up playing a set of hogan apex. the bulk of my play is at mature public and newer semi-private courses in Connecticut. i've been playing titleist dci 962's for almost 10 years, cleveland 588 wedges, bettinardi (hogan) putter, and added a nickent #2 hybrid, and cleveland hybore XL over the past year.

transition - went from a R300 shaft in the titleists and a standard LLL to S300 and 1 degree upright

* took a few days at the range to adjust but ball flight is lower (more penetrating) but i have been able to stop shots better than most of my playing partners...6 irons stop like an 8/9 iron

* ball doesn't leak as much on solid shots (more the shaft than the club - i think)

* shot shaping - very workable - easier to hit a draw like my old hogans

* setup inspires a lot of confidence...the gunmetal and the clean/traditional lines of these clubs are great

* ball striking - crisp, yet amazingly soft. anybody having hesitation on the M version...don't be scared...if you don't stay down on a ball, the shot will suffer whether you have the M, C, or any of the GI clubs.

* feel - unmatched...tried Ping, Mizuno, Nike, Srixon, Bridgestone on the course...not in a net at a golf shop

* customer service - the guy at my shop suggested i "try" these based on my requesting a demo of the Ping, Mizuno, and Nikes. loved them but wanted to try the gunmetal before i ordered and the shop only had them in satin. that led to a call to the MAC rep while i was at the store. got a call the next morning to come hit "his" set of gunmetal combos at a private club that afternoon. met him, hit them, SOLD! was told it would be 14-21 business days...called back to see if we could do anything on this and got them in three days. pretty impressive.

* dislikes - minor/cosmetic...but when the clubs rub against each other in my bag they leave a white residue on each other...is there are coating or something i can do to affect this???

* highlights - played in a scamble with some buddies and stuck a dart to 3'2" for closest to the hole

hope this helps anybody thinking about the new MAC's...

According to Scott Sirois, Director of Customer Service, "We originally planned on having LH forged products earlier this year but that has not happened. We may have some LH forged product late this year, but that has yet to be determined".

Doesn't sound like quality control issues to me--sounds like no demand. It would be surprising that the RH models would satisfy spec but not the LH. Like I said, hope this doesn't bode ill for the brand.

This will be very lame if they don't offer lefties. Have been holding off on many sets as i was assured the lefty sets were coming July. Disappointing!

Who have the experience with MT-PRO driver and FW? I own MT-PRO M iron and looking for buying new driver and FW. I'd like to buy MT-PRO driver and FW, so I can have the whole Mac lineup in my bag. I know Mac is great about irons, but how's about their woods? Please tell me more about them if compared to other tour-spec version like...Titleist D1 for example

I have the Pro-C's and LOVE THEM. I decided to order a MT-460 and continue with more Macgregor's. I kept loosing it right, keep in mind that the driver is the worse club in my bag. I play to about a 11 handicap. I recommend that if you can take one for a test drive do it. A lot of people really like the club so it might be right for you, it just wasn't for me.

The MT OS area beautiful, with all due respect for the the gift 7 iron and great MAC team, I can not hit the club, it feels light in my hand and not solid at all at impact, I realize I am awful - high capper, so take this review with a grain of salt. But, I hit my old Nickents better. Still would love to see a Transition set in 09.