Slicefixer. Any updates? Anyone still working with him?

6 hours ago, VOL4Life82 said:

I start every practice session with the 9-3. It helps me get the correct motion and rotation while loosening my golf muscles up. It's amazing how far you can hit it with such a simple motion. 

To be clear, I wasn't criticizing the 9-3 concept in general, I was talking about my ability to actually follow Slicefixer's tenants while doing them, which I surely wasn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might be a strange one but I’m looking for an answer to two posts on slicefixer that I come across accidently searching something else. 

One was on here but I can’t find it again because it seemed to get no replies on that particular thread. It went along the lines of pull the shaft through your left thumb using your pivot in transition.

The other one was on Reddit which said pull the grip around your body at impact.

My guess is the second one is a swing left thought but the first one  has got me intrigued. If it’s what I think it means then it seems like a huge lightbulb moment but I could be completely off track. Any of you slicefixer  guys come across this? 

I don’t to search every thread and it’s not even a slicefixer thing.

2 hours ago, Hilts1969 said:

This might be a strange one but I’m looking for an answer to two posts on slicefixer that I come across accidently searching something else. 

One was on here but I can’t find it again because it seemed to get no replies on that particular thread. It went along the lines of pull the shaft through your left thumb using your pivot in transition.

The other one was on Reddit which said pull the grip around your body at impact.

My guess is the second one is a swing left thought but the first one  has got me intrigued. If it’s what I think it means then it seems like a huge lightbulb moment but I could be completely off track. Any of you slicefixer  guys come across this? 

I don't remember the particular thread you reference, but i kinda stopped participating in the Slicefixer threads after Geoff bowed out.

Having said that, I'll take a stab on what I think you're after. Your lead hand thumb should be in-line and on-plane with the shaft as you turn the corner, and pull the butt-end of the shaft towards the ball. This will maintain and increase the pressure on the shaft, and keeps the club head trailing the hands, from P4.5 to impact.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

12 hours ago, nitram said:

I don't remember the particular thread you reference, but i kinda stopped participating in the Slicefixer threads after Geoff bowed out.

Having said that, I'll take a stab on what I think you're after. Your lead hand thumb should be in-line and on-plane with the shaft as you turn the corner, and pull the butt-end of the shaft towards the ball. This will maintain and increase the pressure on the shaft, and keeps the club head trailing the hands, from P4.5 to impact.

I'm not pulling the butt towards the ball but I am trying to pull the butt through my left thumb. It will end up pointing somewhere near the ball at some point in the downswing. Pulling the club at the ball would be a death move for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 10:06 AM, Hilts1969 said:

I've got a bunch of DVDs from Geoff's ground schools and went down to TXK a few times but don't remember anything about pulling the shaft through the thumb, but I am going through all of my Geoff notes and material this summer. If I find anything that looks like it might be pertinent, I'll post it for sure.

Pulling the grip low and left around your body is a staple of the no-hands/ passive release. If you are a reformed flipper (like me) it will be a go-to practice idea.  If you imagine Matt's hands coming to a full finish around or above his lead shoulder, the palm of his trail hand would be more or less pointing at his face.

Fun trip down memory lane. And nice to see Zack doing well. Heck of a swing.

• Like 2

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Titleist 818 H1 3 & 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP-60 irons (5-PW)

Mizuno T-22 wedges

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-ball

• 2 weeks later...

Connection between your arms and body is GUARANTEED  using this aid .

Probably will feel very restricted 

One of Slicefixers students using this aid that was made by Slicefixer . 
Foam is not easy to work with , so an electric knife / saw  is probably required 

Edited by golfarb1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, golfarb1 said:

Connection between your arms and body is GUARANTEED  using this aid .

Probably will feel very restricted 

One of Slicefixers students using this aid that was made by Slicefixer . 
Foam is not easy to work with , so an electric knife / saw  is probably required 

2357ABC5-3BDA-43DF-A23E-C0538CD676D7.jpeg

B0B47D54-AC89-478E-9A9E-22C6C17342B6.jpeg

Have you used it consistently? Thx 

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

I usually use the Faldo drill in all of my full practice sessions . Ditto with the 9-3 drill and the Hackmotion sensor using its sound feedback . Occasionally I hit full shots with the punisher drill 

Less frequently I use this foam pillow, partly because I feel that it forces me into too flat a backswing. 

Edited by golfarb1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I was searching for Geoff's encyclopedia and came across this thread. Geoff is doing his thing teaching. The swings he produces are still top notch.

He had a long time student, Thomas Curry, recently win the Texas 5a state tournament. Thomas is going to be playing at the University of Arkansas. He is a very good player and just goes to show what a long time student of Geoff is capable of.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, FlyLikeBird said:

I was searching for Geoff's encyclopedia and came across this thread. Geoff is doing his thing teaching. The swings he produces are still top notch.

He had a long time student, Thomas Curry, recently win the Texas 5a state tournament. Thomas is going to be playing at the University of Arkansas. He is a very good player and just goes to show what a long time student of Geoff is capable of.

Geoff is a top-notch guy.

Great first post and Welcome to Wrx.

• Like 1

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

For those curious who don't already have it, heres a link to my dropbox where i've kept a copy of the old GothamGolf Blog Slicefixer webinar...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hx476pr249kpt04/Slicefixer Webinar Complete(360p_H.264-AAC).mp4?dl=0

Edited by coops
  • Like 1

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

What do the Prosendr , the Precision Impact , the Gnapthx , the Tour striker Flex Click and the Total Golf ARM training aids have in common ? 
They all attempt  to train golfers to maintain the trail wrist angle or trail wrist extension .

And what was/is integral to Slicefixer’s  9-3 drill. TRAIL WRIST EXTENSION coupled with the torso pivot .

Geoff’s knowledge of the golf swing is exceeded by NO ONE . It may be inconvenient to make the trip to Texarkana , but it is like a pilgrimage to Mecca for those who want a clear and simple way of improving their golf swing . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, golfarb1 said:

What do the Prosendr , the Precision Impact , the Gnapthx , the Tour striker Flex Click and the Total Golf ARM training aids have in common ? 
They all attempt  to train golfers to maintain the trail wrist angle or trail wrist extension .

And what was/is integral to Slicefixer’s  9-3 drill. TRAIL WRIST EXTENSION coupled with the torso pivot .

Geoff’s knowledge of the golf swing is exceeded by NO ONE . It may be inconvenient to make the trip to Texarkana , but it is like a pilgrimage to Mecca for those who want a clear and simple way of improving their golf swing . 

I never saw Geoff use any sort of trail wrist extension training aid. Maybe a swinglyde. Have you? 

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

Like nitram said, hes still teaching the same things.  He's not going to be the guy you go to if you want the latest tech and newest swing of the month.  Texarkana will always be the "Floyds Barber Shop" of golf instruction.  Come in, talk golf swing and the state of your game.  Then you work your rear end off.  

He has slowed down some and isn't taking on as many players.  The people that show up every time I'm there runs the gamut from Tour and Korn Ferry pros, international players, college players, all the way down to beginners.  And of course, all his junior golfers.

I still work with him 2-3 times a year and I have since 2007.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 3:01 PM, glk said:

I grabbed these back in 2014.    Haven't looked at them in a long, long time so have no idea if this is what you did.

SliceFixer Encyclopedia Texarkana 2012.pdf 2.7 MB · 320 downloads

slicefixerthoughts2.pdf 1.49 MB · 404 downloads

Thanks so much for posting this! In the thoughts pdf the questions are missing, but maybe we can fill in the blanks. Thanks again. 

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, VOL4Life82 said:

Is Geoff still teaching? I called him recently and there’s no recording, texts bounce back and he hasn’t responded to any emails. Any thoughts?

I just spent 5 days with him last week.  He's still teaching regularly but with a limited number of students.  Feel free to PM me if it's been awhile since you talked to him.  You might not have his main phone number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Otto,

I am a new member. I just signed up because I have recently found the Texarkana pdf by Geoff, and I am very interested in talking to Geoff. I tried the ph number that shows up on Google but that goes straight to voicemail, which is full. I will PM you directly to ask.

Regards,

Abhi