2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Aberdeen Standard Investments Scottish Open

MattyO1984

> @imakaveli said:

> Why the funky hats?

Yesterday was Bastille Day in France so a few of the French guys had custom hats made painted for them.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @SuperQuad said:

> What a dead playoff! Grandstands half empty and both players leaking oil. Not a good look for what should be a top European Tour event.

The playoff was extremely poor and I think that a lot of people were starting to drift off before it even came to the playoff judging by the TV pictures. I think it was a by-product of the tee of times being so late. If everything run to plan, they were due to be finished at 8pm. I was down there on Friday - it was a four hour drive each way. I know that I would not have been hugely impressed at getting home at 1am if I had been watching yesterday.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Overjoyed about Wiesberger's victory, though he himself knows that he did his best to lose it.

As for the Club and the course, not my cup of tea. This is from the website:

"_The One Time Experience programme gives non-members the opportunity to experience the club as a Member for the duration of their experience. The One Time Experience can be used on a Monday or Wednesday at set times to gain access to the course for which the cost includes our iconic 3 course, Renaissance Club lunch. [...]

One Time Experience opportunities are on a request only basis and as the name suggestes, non-members are unable to come back and use the facilities a second time once they have come through the programme._"

Thank you, I'd rather play Longniddry instead.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

> @avrag said:

> Overjoyed about Wiesberger's victory, though he himself knows that he did his best to lose it.

> As for the Club and the course, not my cup of tea. This is from the website:

> "_The One Time Experience programme gives non-members the opportunity to experience the club as a Member for the duration of their experience. The One Time Experience can be used on a Monday or Wednesday at set times to gain access to the course for which the cost includes our iconic 3 course, Renaissance Club lunch. [...]

> One Time Experience opportunities are on a request only basis and as the name suggestes, non-members are unable to come back and use the facilities a second time once they have come through the programme._"

> Thank you, I'd rather play Longniddry instead.

Genuinely that would be your loss. It is a wonderful course and the set up in the clubhouse is fantastic.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @MattyO1984 said:

> > @avrag said:

> > Overjoyed about Wiesberger's victory, though he himself knows that he did his best to lose it.

> > As for the Club and the course, not my cup of tea. This is from the website:

> > "_The One Time Experience programme gives non-members the opportunity to experience the club as a Member for the duration of their experience. The One Time Experience can be used on a Monday or Wednesday at set times to gain access to the course for which the cost includes our iconic 3 course, Renaissance Club lunch. [...]

> > One Time Experience opportunities are on a request only basis and as the name suggestes, non-members are unable to come back and use the facilities a second time once they have come through the programme._"

> > Thank you, I'd rather play Longniddry instead.

>

> Genuinely that would be your loss. It is a wonderful course and the set up in the clubhouse is fantastic.

It's a perfectly fine course, but it's over selling it to say anyone is missing out by not playing it.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Does anyone know the price for the 'One Time Experience (write that out of context......).

In my mind I have Kingsbarns at ~£300 as the most I would consider for a once in a lifetime round in Scotland as a yardstick - and its a better course IMHO.

Taylor Made SIM max 10.5 - Aldila Rogue 110 60 s

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 - Even Flow Blue 6.0

Srixon zu85 3i / Titleist TS2 5w

Titleist TMb 4i

Mizuno Mp59 5-pw - KBS C-taper lite S

Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Newport

I dug this out of my emails:

svmt9gk0hg91.png

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @duffer987 said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > @avrag said:

> > > Overjoyed about Wiesberger's victory, though he himself knows that he did his best to lose it.

> > > As for the Club and the course, not my cup of tea. This is from the website:

> > > "_The One Time Experience programme gives non-members the opportunity to experience the club as a Member for the duration of their experience. The One Time Experience can be used on a Monday or Wednesday at set times to gain access to the course for which the cost includes our iconic 3 course, Renaissance Club lunch. [...]

> > > One Time Experience opportunities are on a request only basis and as the name suggestes, non-members are unable to come back and use the facilities a second time once they have come through the programme._"

> > > Thank you, I'd rather play Longniddry instead.

> >

> > Genuinely that would be your loss. It is a wonderful course and the set up in the clubhouse is fantastic.

>

> It's a perfectly fine course, but it's over selling it to say anyone is missing out by not playing it.

In my opinion it is more than perfectly fine. For my money, it is a Top 20 course in Scotland and the experience being down there and they way that you are treated is above and beyond any golf course I have ever been at.

Also said "anyone is missing out by not playing it"?

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @MattyO1984 said:

> > @duffer987 said:

> > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > @avrag said:

> > > > Overjoyed about Wiesberger's victory, though he himself knows that he did his best to lose it.

> > > > As for the Club and the course, not my cup of tea. This is from the website:

> > > > "_The One Time Experience programme gives non-members the opportunity to experience the club as a Member for the duration of their experience. The One Time Experience can be used on a Monday or Wednesday at set times to gain access to the course for which the cost includes our iconic 3 course, Renaissance Club lunch. [...]

> > > > One Time Experience opportunities are on a request only basis and as the name suggestes, non-members are unable to come back and use the facilities a second time once they have come through the programme._"

> > > > Thank you, I'd rather play Longniddry instead.

> > >

> > > Genuinely that would be your loss. It is a wonderful course and the set up in the clubhouse is fantastic.

> >

> > It's a perfectly fine course, but it's over selling it to say anyone is missing out by not playing it.

>

> In my opinion it is more than perfectly fine. For my money, it is a Top 20 course in Scotland and the experience being down there and they way that you are treated is above and beyond any golf course I have ever been at.

>

> Also said "anyone is missing out by not playing it"?

I thought that was equivalent to "genuinely that would be your loss", which struck me as a strong sentiment, apologies if I misconstrued :-)

They were lovely there for sure - and my caddy (the caddiemaster actually) was very good - but being treated well there was nothing different than what you get from well regarded North American resorts. And of course that stuff doesn't really matter, it's all about the golf!

TBF it's in my Scottish Top 20 too... seeing as I've played 21 Scottish courses ;-)

F.T.

> @duffer987 said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > @duffer987 said:

> > > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > > @avrag said:

> > > > > Overjoyed about Wiesberger's victory, though he himself knows that he did his best to lose it.

> > > > > As for the Club and the course, not my cup of tea. This is from the website:

> > > > > "_The One Time Experience programme gives non-members the opportunity to experience the club as a Member for the duration of their experience. The One Time Experience can be used on a Monday or Wednesday at set times to gain access to the course for which the cost includes our iconic 3 course, Renaissance Club lunch. [...]

> > > > > One Time Experience opportunities are on a request only basis and as the name suggestes, non-members are unable to come back and use the facilities a second time once they have come through the programme._"

> > > > > Thank you, I'd rather play Longniddry instead.

> > > >

> > > > Genuinely that would be your loss. It is a wonderful course and the set up in the clubhouse is fantastic.

> > >

> > > It's a perfectly fine course, but it's over selling it to say anyone is missing out by not playing it.

> >

> > In my opinion it is more than perfectly fine. For my money, it is a Top 20 course in Scotland and the experience being down there and they way that you are treated is above and beyond any golf course I have ever been at.

> >

> > Also said "anyone is missing out by not playing it"?

>

> I thought that was equivalent to "genuinely that would be your loss", which struck me as a strong sentiment, apologies if I misconstrued :-)

> They were lovely there for sure - and my caddy (the caddiemaster actually) was very good - but being treated well there was nothing different than what you get from well regarded North American resorts. And of course that stuff doesn't really matter, it's all about the golf!

> TBF it's in my Scottish Top 20 too... seeing as I've played 21 Scottish courses ;-)

>

I'm probably coming at it from a different perspective, I have tended to find that as a Scottish person playing at top Scottish courses, I have not always felt as welcomed. Royal Troon was a brilliant experience course wise but at times it felt as if we were privileged to be given the chance to be there never mind the fact that we had paid £230 to play.

What other courses have you played over here? Love hearing visitors experiences of our tracks.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I am shocked to hear that Kingsbarns is over 300 quid now - I remember playing there in 2009 and paying about 100 quid. Prices seem to be sky rocketing - not sure if the weak pound is enabling courses to jack up the pricing to capture the American tourism dollar? I am far from poor, but I'd be thinking twice about paying 300 plus for 18 holes of golf.

• Like 1

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

> @Bingo1976 said:

> I am shocked to hear that Kingsbarns is over 300 quid now - I remember playing there in 2009 and paying about 100 quid. Prices seem to be sky rocketing - not sure if the weak pound is enabling courses to jack up the pricing to capture the American tourism dollar? I am far from poor, but I'd be thinking twice about paying 300 plus for 18 holes of golf.

It's mad how much prices have gone up. I am sure I went on to take a look at how much it was and they had the next year's cost and it jumped up about £20 from one year to the next.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023