Daly, no cart at The Open, he's upset

Ferguson

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @Konklifer said:

> > He withdrew. No big loss.

>

> He also got bitten by a spider.

>

that's probably inaccurate, apparently he went into septic shock requiring CPR. MRSA often presents as a spider bite so he most likely didnt get bit by a spider but got MRSA somehow and led to sepsis and nearly his death over the weekend. unrelated to his weight or vices so most people should probably hold back their judgment and joy in him not getting a cart

> @jimb6golf said:

> JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

Has anyone thrown away more talent than him? I’m thinking Richard dumas from the 93 suns lol

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jimb6golf said:

> > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

>

> Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

I agree! He won the jug.

People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

In the grand scheme of things, it’s hard not to love JD. Have to admit this story is getting a little tired though.

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X

Mizuno Pro 225 4i | UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype Utility 110F5

Mizuno Pro 221 5-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

Piretti Teramo Oil Can
Titleist ProV1

> @tmac7592 said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @Konklifer said:

> > > He withdrew. No big loss.

> >

> > He also got bitten by a spider.

> >

> that's probably inaccurate, apparently he went into septic shock requiring CPR. MRSA often presents as a spider bite so he most likely didnt get bit by a spider but got MRSA somehow and led to sepsis and nearly his death over the weekend. unrelated to his weight or vices so most people should probably hold back their judgment and joy in him not getting a cart

>

The judgement about him not getting the use of the cart and the alleged health scare the other day aren't connected.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @Need4spd said:

> In the grand scheme of things, it’s hard not to love JD. Have to admit this story is getting a little tired though.

Did anybody watch Being John Daly? It's easy to admire the talent (and the big wins) but very difficult to like the man.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

The R and A did not glue that extra 80 lbs. he is carrying to his body. If he dropped the weight, the knee will feel better.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jimb6golf said:

> > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

>

> Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

It's not a right by rule. It's an earned exemption. If it was a rule, he would "have to play." Yes, his wins got him an exemption but his current and past actions get him little respect from the present fan base. A guy who has the resources and chooses not to use them to improve his health is not someone I can respect. Rather than seeking treatment for the knee via strengthening, weight loss and exercise, he just asks for a cart. Maybe if he took some action and showed some initiative with his health and appearance, the decision makers would take mercy and grant his request?

> @Ferguson said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @jimb6golf said:

> > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> >

> > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

>

> It's not a right by rule. It's an earned exemption. If it was a rule, he would "have to play." Yes, his wins got him an exemption but his current and past actions get him little respect from the present fan base. A guy who has the resources and chooses not to use them to improve his health is not someone I can respect. Rather than seeking treatment for the knee via strengthening, weight loss and exercise, he just asks for a cart. Maybe if he took some action and showed some initiative with his health and appearance, the decision makers would take mercy and grant his request?

>

Sure. But. The rule is that past winners get in. Yes ?

Past that I don’t think his health or anything else matters when talking about whether he should or can play. He’s earned the right to that spot every year. He’s not taking up someone else’s spot. It’s his spot. The stupidity of not taking care of ones self is not connected to that in my opinion.

And I’m not arguing for him to get a cart. I agree with them denying it. I’m just arguing against people saying he shouldn’t have a spot unless he “ gets fit”.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @jimb6golf said:

> > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> >

> > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

>

> I agree! He won the jug.

>

> People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

>

>

Bingo ringo! I’m a 99% of the time walker myself. Guarantee less than 30 % complaining can say the same. Much less run a mile.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @golfer07840 said:

> > @Johnnypenso said:

> > Daly needs a keto diet. Eat lots of fat and meat, lose weight, get healthy, compete again. That extra 100 lbs isn't doing his knee any favours.

>

> I think the last thing Daly needs to do is eat a lot of fat...

Without going down the Keto Diet rabbit hole too far (I'm a big fan of it, it works), Daly could literally pound burgers, bacon, steaks, and bourbon/vodka and probably drop 50+ pounds in less than 6 months due to his activity level. Maybe more. I think Daly's biggest fear is the commitment it would require... that's always stood out to me as one of his huge issues.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

> @bladehunter said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @jimb6golf said:

> > > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> > >

> > > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

> >

> > I agree! He won the jug.

> >

> > People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

> >

> >

>

>

> Bingo ringo! I’m a 99% of the time walker myself. Guarantee less than 30 % complaining can say the same. Much less run a mile.

I don't see the relevance. The people calling him names or complaining about him may not be in the best of shape themselves, but they're also most likely not professional athletes who depend on their health to make a living.

He's one of the most athletically gifted golfers ever to play the game, and he chose to disrespect and waste his talent. Think of it as your child being as smart as all get out - smarter than you - who wastes that brainpower sitting on the couch doing nothing. That's why people are upset with him.

> @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @jimb6golf said:

> > > > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> > > >

> > > > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

> > >

> > > I agree! He won the jug.

> > >

> > > People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Bingo ringo! I’m a 99% of the time walker myself. Guarantee less than 30 % complaining can say the same. Much less run a mile.

> I don't see the relevance. The people calling him names or complaining about him may not be in the best of shape themselves, but they're also most likely not professional athletes who depend on their health to make a living.

>

> He's one of the most athletically gifted golfers ever to play the game, and he chose to disrespect and waste his talent. Think of it as your child being as smart as all get out - smarter than you - who wastes that brainpower sitting on the couch doing nothing. That's why people are upset with him.

>

Yes . But that’s not my point. I’m saying that people claiming he should not play or lose his right to play are wrong. And double wrong for saying so when they can’t walk 18 themselves. Or if not can’t. Don’t. Most US golfers ride.

Point is that his health is his business and has nothing at all to do with a playing spot. It’s his spot.

I don’t mean that as an attack to you. In a way I agree with you mostly. I’ve made the same argument for Rory’s waste of his talent too and generally get hammered for that opinion. People will see that when a guy is fat. People refuse to see it when it’s just a lazy guy . Both have used around 60 % of their potentials.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Forget JD he lived a life style way different than mine when I hurt my back really bad and knowing it was bad because I already went under the knife twenty years ago it took me three months to play and another 4 months to walk which I missed when playing golf!

I hop DD plays and makes the cut he is someone I like to watch on the GC his commentary is so good and his game was

Number one in the world! JD did it to himself and has know one to blame!!

Driver Taylor SIM 2
3wd ping 425

5wd ping 425
Irons I500 Ping 4 - pw
ping answer 2 sig
58 ping eye-2
54 Jaws 4

2I driving iron Srixon New shaft carbon fiber steel
Titlist 1x

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @jimb6golf said:

> > > > > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> > > > >

> > > > > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

> > > >

> > > > I agree! He won the jug.

> > > >

> > > > People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Bingo ringo! I’m a 99% of the time walker myself. Guarantee less than 30 % complaining can say the same. Much less run a mile.

> > I don't see the relevance. The people calling him names or complaining about him may not be in the best of shape themselves, but they're also most likely not professional athletes who depend on their health to make a living.

> >

> > He's one of the most athletically gifted golfers ever to play the game, and he chose to disrespect and waste his talent. Think of it as your child being as smart as all get out - smarter than you - who wastes that brainpower sitting on the couch doing nothing. That's why people are upset with him.

> >

>

> Yes . But that’s not my point. I’m saying that people claiming he should not play or lose his right to play are wrong. And double wrong for saying so when they can’t walk 18 themselves. Or if not can’t. Don’t. Most US golfers ride.

>

> Point is that his health is his business and has nothing at all to do with a playing spot. It’s his spot.

>

> I don’t mean that as an attack to you. In a way I agree with you mostly. I’ve made the same argument for Rory’s waste of his talent too and generally get hammered for that opinion. People will see that when a guy is fat. People refuse to see it when it’s just a lazy guy . Both have used around 60 % of their potentials.

Have you considered joining group therapy? Roryholics Anonymous has a 12 step program that can help you take back your life.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> > > > >

> > > > > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Bingo ringo! I’m a 99% of the time walker myself. Guarantee less than 30 % complaining can say the same. Much less run a mile.

> > I don't see the relevance. The people calling him names or complaining about him may not be in the best of shape themselves, but they're also most likely not professional athletes who depend on their health to make a living.

> >

> > He's one of the most athletically gifted golfers ever to play the game, and he chose to disrespect and waste his talent. Think of it as your child being as smart as all get out - smarter than you - who wastes that brainpower sitting on the couch doing nothing. That's why people are upset with him.

> >

>

> Yes . But that’s not my point. I’m saying that people claiming he should not play or lose his right to play are wrong. And double wrong for saying so when they can’t walk 18 themselves. Or if not can’t. Don’t. Most US golfers ride.

>

> Point is that his health is his business and has nothing at all to do with a playing spot. It’s his spot.

>

> I don’t mean that as an attack to you. In a way I agree with you mostly. I’ve made the same argument for Rory’s waste of his talent too and generally get hammered for that opinion. People will see that when a guy is fat. People refuse to see it when it’s just a lazy guy . Both have used around 60 % of their potentials.

I agree with you that he has every right to play. I guess I read more into your post based on what others have said in this thread. So he's earned the right to play, no doubt, but he hasn't earned the right to compensation for his bad habits.

Disagree on your comparison of Daly and Rory. Rory may not have taken advantage of his full talents, but not because he's lazy to the point of self destruction like Daly; he just tends to check out mentally at times. I think he's looking at the big picture and trying to figure out what he's willing or not willing to sacrifice to be the top dog.

> @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @jimb6golf said:

> > > > > > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree! He won the jug.

> > > > >

> > > > > People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Bingo ringo! I’m a 99% of the time walker myself. Guarantee less than 30 % complaining can say the same. Much less run a mile.

> > > I don't see the relevance. The people calling him names or complaining about him may not be in the best of shape themselves, but they're also most likely not professional athletes who depend on their health to make a living.

> > >

> > > He's one of the most athletically gifted golfers ever to play the game, and he chose to disrespect and waste his talent. Think of it as your child being as smart as all get out - smarter than you - who wastes that brainpower sitting on the couch doing nothing. That's why people are upset with him.

> > >

> >

> > Yes . But that’s not my point. I’m saying that people claiming he should not play or lose his right to play are wrong. And double wrong for saying so when they can’t walk 18 themselves. Or if not can’t. Don’t. Most US golfers ride.

> >

> > Point is that his health is his business and has nothing at all to do with a playing spot. It’s his spot.

> >

> > I don’t mean that as an attack to you. In a way I agree with you mostly. I’ve made the same argument for Rory’s waste of his talent too and generally get hammered for that opinion. People will see that when a guy is fat. People refuse to see it when it’s just a lazy guy . Both have used around 60 % of their potentials.

> I agree with you that he has every right to play. I guess I read more into your post based on what others have said in this thread. So he's earned the right to play, no doubt, but he hasn't earned the right to compensation for his bad habits.

>

> Disagree on your comparison of Daly and Rory. Rory may not have taken advantage of his full talents, but not because he's lazy to the point of self destruction like Daly; he just tends to check out mentally at times. I think he's looking at the big picture and trying to figure out what he's willing or not willing to sacrifice to be the top dog.

>

Yep. And that’s all I’m saying too about Rory. That he’s mentally lazy at times.

It’s funny. I’m just meaning that between Daly and Rory is a huge spectrum of not playing to your full potential. Some will crucify one and defend another. And I agree with that mostly. I’m just curious where the line is ? Is it fat vs not ? Is it Diet Coke vs not ? I don’t know.

Just a curiosity to me. You can have a guy like Lucas Glover be as mentally self destructive as can be and is labeled a victim , but Daly the opposite based on his diet . I see both situations as pretty equal in terms of wasted talent. And both to be truly good humans at their core compared to plenty who are more successful.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > John has a lot of personal demons, and I feel bad for him. He seems to have always hated himself even though pretty much everyone loved him. His mental health has seemed to be in bad shape for most of his life.

> >

> > It wouldn’t surprise me if he hasn’t had surgery yet because he’s worried he’ll die under the knife, or something along those lines.

>

> It crossed my mind that he or his physician knows he appears to have an addictive personality and some type of opioid could be prescribed for pain management post surgery. Based on history, there's a higher propensity for him to potentially develop a new addiction and they might both be trying to avoid that.

An addiction to knee replacement surgery, wouldn't recommend it is a painful operation

> @bladehunter said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @jimb6golf said:

> > > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> > >

> > > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

> >

> > I agree! He won the jug.

> >

> > People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

> >

> >

>

>

> Bingo ringo! I’m a 99% of the time walker myself. Guarantee less than 30 % complaining can say the same. Much less run a mile.

I run 5 miles 4x week and always walk unless forced to ride by the resort or club.

If he wants to be a champion and use his exemption (for reasons other than self-promotion) , he should act like one and step aside and give the spot to a guy who can play the weekend.

• Like 1

> @"DON SVO" said:

> > @golfer07840 said:

> > > @Johnnypenso said:

> > > Daly needs a keto diet. Eat lots of fat and meat, lose weight, get healthy, compete again. That extra 100 lbs isn't doing his knee any favours.

> >

> > I think the last thing Daly needs to do is eat a lot of fat...

>

> Without going down the Keto Diet rabbit hole too far (I'm a big fan of it, it works), Daly could literally pound burgers, bacon, steaks, and bourbon/vodka and probably drop 50+ pounds in less than 6 months due to his activity level. Maybe more. I think Daly's biggest fear is the commitment it would require... that's always stood out to me as one of his huge issues.

Sounds like my wife's boss.. then he needed a stent put in his heart.

As someone who has lost 60 lbs this year (and cut out fat and didn't go the Keto route), call me a skeptic.

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Bingo ringo! I’m a 99% of the time walker myself. Guarantee less than 30 % complaining can say the same. Much less run a mile.

> > > I don't see the relevance. The people calling him names or complaining about him may not be in the best of shape themselves, but they're also most likely not professional athletes who depend on their health to make a living.

> > >

> > > He's one of the most athletically gifted golfers ever to play the game, and he chose to disrespect and waste his talent. Think of it as your child being as smart as all get out - smarter than you - who wastes that brainpower sitting on the couch doing nothing. That's why people are upset with him.

> > >

> >

> > Yes . But that’s not my point. I’m saying that people claiming he should not play or lose his right to play are wrong. And double wrong for saying so when they can’t walk 18 themselves. Or if not can’t. Don’t. Most US golfers ride.

> >

> > Point is that his health is his business and has nothing at all to do with a playing spot. It’s his spot.

> >

> > I don’t mean that as an attack to you. In a way I agree with you mostly. I’ve made the same argument for Rory’s waste of his talent too and generally get hammered for that opinion. People will see that when a guy is fat. People refuse to see it when it’s just a lazy guy . Both have used around 60 % of their potentials.

>

> Have you considered joining group therapy? Roryholics Anonymous has a 12 step program that can help you take back your life.

Just think of it as offset. Balance Daniel-san , balance.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> I agree with you that he has every right to play. I guess I read more into your post based on what others have said in this thread. **So he's earned the right to play, no doubt, but he hasn't earned the right to compensation for his bad habits.**

>

> Disagree on your comparison of Daly and Rory. Rory may not have taken advantage of his full talents, but not because he's lazy to the point of self destruction like Daly; he just tends to check out mentally at times. I think he's looking at the big picture and trying to figure out what he's willing or not willing to sacrifice to be the top dog.

>

Just curious. If JD, or any player for that matter, had a bad knee due to an injury but have the "bad habits", would you support them getting a cart?

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

>

This is where I vehemently disagree. Daly used 120% of his potential. Everyone thinks he underachieved, but I think he’s the biggest overachiever in PGA history. And he knows it. It was much easier for him to pack on the pounds and not get in shape. Then he’s always had an excuse for being a mediocre player.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @jimb6golf said:

> > > > > > > > JD needs to just go away or get in better shape to play golf. Has he even been in contention in anything over the 10 years? It's his choice if he wants to compete, then get in shape both physically and game wise, otherwise there's lots of other pros that will take your place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Correct me if I’m wrong. But. He’s still getting in based on his own career. Not special invites etc ? If so. He has technically earned everything he gets. So like him or not. It’s his right by rule to be in.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I agree! He won the jug.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > People callin him names. I bet half the people calling him names can’t run a mile themselves ; )

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Bingo ringo! I’m a 99% of the time walker myself. Guarantee less than 30 % complaining can say the same. Much less run a mile.

> > > > I don't see the relevance. The people calling him names or complaining about him may not be in the best of shape themselves, but they're also most likely not professional athletes who depend on their health to make a living.

> > > >

> > > > He's one of the most athletically gifted golfers ever to play the game, and he chose to disrespect and waste his talent. Think of it as your child being as smart as all get out - smarter than you - who wastes that brainpower sitting on the couch doing nothing. That's why people are upset with him.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yes . But that’s not my point. I’m saying that people claiming he should not play or lose his right to play are wrong. And double wrong for saying so when they can’t walk 18 themselves. Or if not can’t. Don’t. Most US golfers ride.

> > >

> > > Point is that his health is his business and has nothing at all to do with a playing spot. It’s his spot.

> > >

> > > I don’t mean that as an attack to you. In a way I agree with you mostly. I’ve made the same argument for Rory’s waste of his talent too and generally get hammered for that opinion. People will see that when a guy is fat. People refuse to see it when it’s just a lazy guy . Both have used around 60 % of their potentials.

> > I agree with you that he has every right to play. I guess I read more into your post based on what others have said in this thread. **So he's earned the right to play, no doubt, but he hasn't earned the right to compensation for his bad habits.**

> >

> > Disagree on your comparison of Daly and Rory. Rory may not have taken advantage of his full talents, but not because he's lazy to the point of self destruction like Daly; he just tends to check out mentally at times. I think he's looking at the big picture and trying to figure out what he's willing or not willing to sacrifice to be the top dog.

> >

>

> Just curious. If JD, or any player for that matter, had a bad knee due to an injury but have the "bad habits", would you support them getting a cart?

>

>

Not the issue here, but I understand you're playing devil's advocate. He was never going to get the cart from the R&A, and especially for this course. In general, for any sport, if you're not able to meet the physical demands of the event, you should probably sit it out until you're in better shape. He may feel the R&A is being unfair to him, but they have a bunch of other golfers to look out for. So, I'd say no. I'm a Tiger fan, but I wouldn't have supported him getting a cart at the 2008 US Open had he asked for one.

> @"Mr. Herbert" said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> This is where I vehemently disagree. Daly used 120% of his potential. Everyone thinks he underachieved, but I think he’s the biggest overachiever in PGA history. And he knows it. It was much easier for him to pack on the pounds and not get in shape. Then he’s always had an excuse for being a mediocre player.

>

Interesting take, and you could be right, but I disagree. I'd bet his peers would disagree also. He was a straight up stud for years, but lived fast and hard, and basically drove his body into a tree.

> @"Mr. Herbert" said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> This is where I vehemently disagree. Daly used 120% of his potential. Everyone thinks he underachieved, but I think he’s the biggest overachiever in PGA history. And he knows it. It was much easier for him to pack on the pounds and not get in shape. Then he’s always had an excuse for being a mediocre player.

>

The famous quote from Tiger ( goat) disagrees. Tiger cited him as having more god given talent than he. When you roll out of bed hitting it 330 plus with 90s equipment and zero training to speak of ... and yet have velvet hands around the greens. Realistically there is no measurable ceiling for wins. Give him tigers competitive drive and you’re talking about him ahead or clearly even with Phil all time. And I say that as a Phil fan.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock