2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

> @mci711 said:

> Anyone ever get down to Notre Dame and play the Warren Course? I'm off Monday and was planning on playing Mt. Prospect, but I've always been interested in playing down there and could make the drive since I have the whole day.

The Warren course is top notch. 'Definitely worth the trip. The front nine is a prairie style layout, while the back becomes more of a parkland layout. I'm also a big fan of Blackthorn in South Bend. The two make a great combo.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Love September golf. A simply perfect morning at Mistwood. The course has really grown in since I last played it just after the renovation. It looks wonderful. The clubhouse looks nice. It's not quite the castle that Arrowhead built, but it's serviceable. Conditions were excellent. The greens were rolling perfectly. A few too many poorly repaired ball marks, but at least they were repaired. Got around in 3:40, another bonus.

Nice day off the tee with 10 fairways, leading to 11 greens. Two birdies and five bogies made for a respectable round.

![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zpecw4gwjwlvwnj/20190914_073752.jpg "")

• Like 1

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Mt prospect played well today. A bit soft but not cart path only.

DES PLAINES river to crest tonite

They are about to close golf rd as it is starting to flood with the riding river

B-man, did you play the preserve?

How was it?

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Palmira this morning. To say the course was saturated is an understatement. The south suburbs didn’t get soaked by rain though. Instead, the excess moisture came from overwatering. We had the first time and a few sprinklers were still going by the fifth hole. Not ideal. The greens were smooth but on the slow side while the bunkers were in okay shape. We got around in under 3 hours and completely dusted a twosome in a cart that was behind us. No birdies and five bogies = 77. The math is easy but I’m kicking myself because I had a lot of chances that I couldn’t cash in.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Sportsman's was a tad wet this morning. walking only. almost every bunker suffered damage. most had standing water and the upper linings were revealed on many. may take a few days for the current water levels to recede.

one player stated Chevy Chase was closed, another confirmed the Mariott course was also down.

waiting for a report about how Shepherd's held up.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Front nine closed st bittersweet

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Played Sportsmans this morning. One of the only courses open on north shore due to the extreme rain last week. Very playable, but greens slow and a little shaggy. To be expected as they can’t get in to cut them.

Wilmette yesterday. Very playable as well and greens much better.

Sunset valley closed for 3 days. The Skokie river just pours out into #7, #10, etc.. and it’s basically a lake now. Even with the recent renovation that improved drainage, it doesn’t matter if the river is full.

Deerfield, Deerpath, Lake Bluff, Midlane, Bittersweet and others all closed yesterday and some will remain closed.

Bittersweet back nine was open today

TM TP5x

Bittersweet back nine was open today

TM TP5x

Preserve at Oak Meadows today. Course was a little soft but no standing water. Greens were a little ragged unfortunately. Fairways were pretty good with some decent roll.

So, I've gotta say this. The bunker conditioning is the best I've ever played in the Chicagoland area. Very close to, and almost as good as Melbourne's Sandbelt. Firm, hard and packed with only a slight amount of raking on top. Not firm from being soaked. They were clean and dry.

• Like 1

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Ravisloe this afternoon. Course was in good shape apart from the greens being pretty shaggy. What a great day to golf today though. One of the better weather days of the year.

Titleist TSI3 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

Callaway Epic Speed 15* - Hzrdous Smoke 

Titleist TS2 19 Hybrid - Hzrdous Smoke

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW - Project X IO

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54*

Taylor Made Hi Toe 58*

Bettinardi Hive BB 34 DASS

TItleist ProV1

For the first time this summer I'm sitting the out the rain. The radar shows a blob from here to Iowa. I have no idea how Hughes Creek handles water, so I'm going to hold off for another day. No sense in makin the 50 mile trek out there to play in slop. 'Glad we got the nice day yesterday.

Edit: Lol. So much for my forecasting skills. Went back to bed for a while, and wake up to see the storms moving southeast, clearing the western burbs. Oh well, I think I can survive a day without golf. I think.

Meant to post this pic from Hilldale during Thursday’s early morning round. Considering the rain in the middle of last week, the course was in really good shape with no standing water and very few soggy spots that affected shots. Of course, it looked like a Stephen King movie for the first 5 holes since there was no sun or breeze to rid us of the fog.

Still, a fun round with some good friends, and another solid score to keep driving my index down as I’m “Chasing 6.x” this year.

pb287fvlhoq5.jpeg

TM TP5x

Well I had plans of going to Notre Dame and playing the Warren Course today, but getting home from Las Vegas at 3am, only have 5 hours of sleep since Friday and the small detail I missed about the course being closed on Monday ended that idea.

I did have a great day on the course though. Knocked 2 courses off my list. Tee'd off at Mt Prospect at 12:30 and played in a 3some and finished at 3:45. The course is a lot of fun, really cool holes and a good variety. Not my favorite course, but really solid. They aerated last week and the greens were super hairy and slow today. Only negative.

The drive home looked pretty bad traffic wise so I decided to hit up The Preserve at Oak Meadows on the way back. Very glad I did. They were wide open. I got there at 4:30 and was told I had to have the cart in by 6:50 which I thought was super odd. My guess is their college/high school kids are back in school and whoever is stuck with closing up now is lazy/passed staying til sundown. I finished right at 6:50, ran into foursomes on 16 and almost didn't get it in.

The course jumped very high up my Illinois public list. I'd say top 4. It is beautiful out there, and it obviously helped to be the only one out there for 15 holes, but it was super peaceful/quiet and nice watching the planes landing and taking off ha. Will definitely be a course I play a few times a year now. I really enjoyed it.

9h5egeupezlc.png

• Like 2

Nice day of golf, mci

I may have seen you at MP

I went over for some lunch putting

Walked onto practice green right before 1230

TM TP5x

Played Randall Oaks Saturday for the final round of our group's year long competition. Wind was stronger than had been forecast, but the real story was the speed of the greens, just super quick. All day long I struggled with the speed, felt like everything was over a crest and down another, leaving way too many 3-6 footers. Pro shop said they had some college tourneys both before and after so they had been rolling for quite a while. They rolled very nicely but just at the speed that I could never get comfortable and even mildly aggressive. Really enjoyed the course and the day though, but the speeds made the round feel like a grind the whole time.

> @mci711 said:

> Well I had plans of going to Notre Dame and playing the Warren Course today, but getting home from Las Vegas at 3am, only have 5 hours of sleep since Friday and the small detail I missed about the course being closed on Monday ended that idea.

>

> I did have a great day on the course though. Knocked 2 courses off my list. Tee'd off at Mt Prospect at 12:30 and played in a 3some and finished at 3:45. The course is a lot of fun, really cool holes and a good variety. Not my favorite course, but really solid. They aerated last week and the greens were super hairy and slow today. Only negative.

>

> The drive home looked pretty bad traffic wise so I decided to hit up The Preserve at Oak Meadows on the way back. Very glad I did. They were wide open. I got there at 4:30 and was told I had to have the cart in by 6:50 which I thought was super odd. My guess is their college/high school kids are back in school and whoever is stuck with closing up now is lazy/passed staying til sundown. I finished right at 6:50, ran into foursomes on 16 and almost didn't get it in.

>

> The course jumped very high up my Illinois public list. I'd say top 4. It is beautiful out there, and it obviously helped to be the only one out there for 15 holes, but it was super peaceful/quiet and nice watching the planes landing and taking off ha. Will definitely be a course I play a few times a year now. I really enjoyed it.

>

> 9h5egeupezlc.png

>

Tough back pin on 16 in your photo

TM TP5x

A little bit of a soggy round at Orchard Valley late yesterday morning, with tee shots backing up from their pitch marks, balls picking up mud and wet/sloppy lies on multiple approach shots. The teeing grounds were a little worn and it looked like a war zone inside of 15 feet of almost every flagstick. I'm not a course superintendent, but it seems that the tee markers and hole locations should have been moved after the weekend play. Both seemed to have suffered a ton of abuse, and it baffles me that they wouldn't move them on Monday. Maybe they do that on another day during the week? The greens, while dry and rolling fairly well, were pretty beat up with ball marks that either weren't repaired or were repaired poorly...a continuing issue on too many of the public tracks I play. In addition to fixing multiple fresh pitch marks while waiting to putt, I had to re-fix numerous ones in my putting line because they weren't repaired properly enough to be flat.

Regardless, it was a fun day. As a single, I got added to a threesome on the first tee, and they were cool guys who play somewhere every Monday. We hit it off pretty well, had a couple of beers after the round and exchanged numbers so I can join them on some of the upcoming Monday outings. So it looks like I may have 3 new golfing buddies, which is one of the advantages of playing as a single if you're open to meeting new people!

• Like 1

> @Quem24 said:

> Gonna say two words that seems to scare everyone here:

>

> Tanna Farms

That'll probably get you at least a one week ban.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

> @Quem24 said:

> Gonna say two words that seems to scare everyone here:

>

> Tanna Farms

>

... If I remember correctly they have 16 par 3's and 2 par 5's? ; )

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

Let me throw a shout out to our own VNutz who won our 16 event season on Saturday. As has been the case for the last 5 years in a row, the last shot on the last hole determined who won and who finished second. In the Stableford format getting the least strokes in the field, V outclassed the competition and walked away with our ugly trophy and enough cash to have a nice run of boxes shipped to his office. Well done Sir.

• Like 1

I know it's not technically Chicago/Illinois, but has anyone played Sandy Pines in De Motte, Indiana? I have heard good things from people but it's a bit of a hike from the Loop. I travel to Indianapolis frequently for work and wouldn't mind a nice place to pull off I-65 to play.

It looks good from the pictures, and the reviews are good but trust you folks more than the random reviews. Anyone had experience out there?

No golf since last weekend, but busy weekend ahead. Last round of our bi-weekly league, and we’re finishing with a bang - Dubs. Will be playing in the last foursome, so don’t expect to finish in under 5.5 hours. Sunday will be our “Ryder Cup” at Prairie Bluff between 2 “rival” Polish clubs (southsiders vs northsiders). Basically a 2-man scramble, match play format. We have yet to lose (10 years going), so let’s keep it that way.

• Like 1

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter