2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Please Delete, Lock or whatever..... Kind regards Paddy

Paddy_2_Iron

My 2 cents.

OP bought the gears for 50 bucks and he is just having fun. How in the world a WRX member, with access to all the info of this forum would be robbed so easily?

And how is it possible that OP didn’t post his enthusiasm during the fitting/purchase process? I don’t buy it.

On the other hand, respect for OP for creating this funny story and proving that this forum is full of respectable and good guys that genuinely suffered for someone being badly scummed in our beloved sport.

I don't think it is a troll job, honestly. There's a couple of topics started by the OP talking about their clubs they were fit for about a month before this thread took off. Unfortunately, it does look like they were fully duped.

Callaway Paradym 9 -- Accra TZFive 60

Callaway Paradym 15 & Paradym TD 18  -- Accra TZFive 70

Cobra King Tec 22 & 25 -- MMT 80

Ping i525 6-PW, UW -- Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54 & 58 -- DG Spinner 

Bettinardi Hive Custom -- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

I'm going to spell it out one last time and how this came about.......

I have had some cervical neck issues since my mid 20's, ironically enough it first flared up while managing the carts operation at a golf course called Greenbriar in Kirkwood Missouri. After that I had some regular chiro care and it finally chilled out. I played golf (terribly) with out lessons for 10 years and eventually had one lesson. This lesson really helped me keep the club face, facing the ball on takeaway and that really helped me the next year or two of golf, then came the chronic neck injury. I was out for 8 years could barely turn my neck to the right, sold my clubs etc....

Ping G10's orange dot and had some nice woods etc...

Clubless for 8 years, except for some nice attire I used to wear. One day my friend said he Paddy hows the neck and I said you know what it's not to bad and I started playing golf. I was scared I would reinjure it so I took it slow. I started off going to a second hand story about bought some Adams hybrid set, really cheap. Then quickly upgraded to the launchers but never liked the back end hybrids, 7 - 9. Eventually bought the Hawkeyes, recommended from my wife's uncle who used to play 15. Big tall guy who has a lot of leverage. He actually was fitted for the knockoff Hawkeyes and really liked them so I went with them.

My dad has a back injury so he gave me his driver old R1 10 degree setting. I was hitting that but the shaft was only 55 grams and it was a wet noodle, so I went up to GG and bought a Epic driver. 10.5 with a stiff shaft, I was good and then bad with it so much I would shoot 55's on 9 holes. It was bad so I finally sold it and went back to the R1.

I finally decided it was time to get a 3 wood/hybrid at that time I moved the Jax and decided to go to the PGA Superstore and get a hybrid, driving iron type club to help with the lack of driver. The fitting experience was okay, nothing to brag about and like I mentioned earlier they kept trying to put me in ping, ping, ping.... It was kind of weird and multiple fitters did that. Not sure if it was some sort of initative or what....

Finally I got desperate and told myself I am going to a professional fitter and getting a club for me, driver. Hence Masterfit. I called up and met with one of the fitters and he was super nice, informative and a nice player in his own right. I was fitted for the driver, 330 total and I really liked it. Don't get me wrong I still lose balls but I feel more confident with it, as long as I keep my practice up, especially with that club.

So.... I had gaps and at this point the trust of the fitter or rather my trust and I decided to buy into the concept that the marketing is why the clubs are more expensive so I went with it and got a 3 hybrid. This time not so much like I mentioned before..... Off the tee it isn't bad, 200 carry or something like that and out of the rough. Fairway not so much, really squirrelly.

So then I mention my wedges and they said they could make the shafts longer to give me more distance so I had the graphites added to my Mizuno's at ~9 iron length. I liked these so we are at 2 out of 3 items I like. Well..... Let's try the irons. The owner told me several members love the large soles including one of the reps and he stop playing his (I believe Titleist 718 MB's (I think)) for the large sole masterfits. Evidently you can get more distance and still work the ball.

Skeptical and at this point several hundreds in the hole I demanded to hit one and sure enough on the launch monitor my hawkeyes were positive AOA 1.0 ish, with the 7 iron master fit I was -2 AOA, not bad! I was actually hitting down the ball and getting an negative attack angle. I was gitty and happy. He also showed me where my swing was pretty decent, the strike was inside out, so I wasn't over the top. I sometimes close the club face and still struggle with alignment etc.... But it was good so I bought.

I'm not a troll, I'm not trying to entertain I am trying to maximize my game so I can break a 100 on this really tough track around my house. Believe me if I play some wide fairway flat tracks I can shoot a 90. Heck at Forest Park in St. Louis I shot a 41 from the Yellows (Blues) and 47 Red Bud from the Yellow as well......

I shot a 44 on the back 9 at Aberdeen going one over on the last 4 holes. Not bad...

I play and love the game and basically trying to maxmize my set so I don't have to do that anymore and to be honest I think I am there. Hawkeyes and all.....

• Like 1

In the bag

10.5 degree Ping 400 | Stiff Ping Shaft 55 gram

5 - GW F7 Cobra variable | Regular Flex Steel

Titleist Vokey 56 degree F Grind 14 Bounce

Mizuno 60 S 18 Ion Blue 6 Bounce

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I didn't call today because my son was sick so I had to pick him up from school at 9 am. I plan on calling tomorrow, and seeing what they can do.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

@WristySwing
Thanks for doing all the work, it really means a lot bro. I really like those Mizuno irons, they look great!

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Ok, if you really want your money back, follow my advice below (and the previous posts by me and a few others). If you don’t care about your money and just want to come back and tell us you tried, then disregard my advice:

1) GO IN PERSON WITH THE CLUBS - if you just call, they’ll say no and hang up and that’ll be that. Plus, if you then go back later, they’ll be expecting it and you’ll get all their excuses. Go in person, catch them off guard, and present evidence. Ask them to swingweight your clubs. Ask them to swingweight the demo you hit. Cite their article in the paper.

like another poster said, you now have an arsenal of information to use. You seem partially open to advice but on the other hand, it doesn’t seem too urgent to you. The choice is yours, but if you seriously want to return them and get your money back, you gotta go down there with the clubs. If you just call, me and everyone else will know what the outcome will be.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings and all in all 1 kusd is not an amazing price for decent golf gears and I am sure that if they are in the business for 20+ years, they are selling at least decent clubs. Don’t give up with the irons, maybe it wasn’t the right moment, but they might fit your game.

At the end of the story this is a mental game and confidence makes the difference. At our level (I am 17 hcp) confidence is very important. Go grip them and rip them. Surely you’ll break 100. It is an amazing feeling.

Nice sentiment, but I’m just going to say this is bad advice.

The guy got ripped off big time. Sure at a high handicap he doesn’t need to get perfectly dialed in like a tour pro and his swing will likely change. That’s not the issue. The issue is, the guy got scammed into paying ~$1000 for cheap, outdated, knockoff junk. It’s a question of value, that’s the whole point of this. If he said, hey I’m a newbie and got this stuff at a garage sale for $25, we’d all say “good for you, hit em well and welcome back to the game”. But that’s not what happened here.

If I were in his shoes, sure maybe I could groove a swing with that stuff and make the most of it. But it’d eat me up knowing I got hosed and am playing cheap knockoff outdated crap BUT PAID a premium for it. That’s why there’s all the back and forth. We’re not knocking the guys gear just for the hell of it.

Promise it is my last words on this post, but is it really worst than someone that buys 600 usd shaft because during the fit the launch monitor showed lower spin and 15 yds gain?

I see what you mean, but it is OP’s call to decide how to move on and I don’t feel like pushing him for doing what he doesn’t want to do is a good way forward.

At the end of the day, he found his peace and he doesn’t care about reselling price. Also he will be looking for new job opportunities. Is it really helping that people tells him that he got scammed? Moreover if that company is in the business since 20+ years, maybe they know enough about golf and sell decent stuff at overpriced prices.

OP enjoy the game and be more conscious the next time. The world will not end tomorrow

I would say absolutely it is worse for a couple reasons:

1) spending that much usually means you bought from either a large national outfit, your own club, or a very reputable dealer and they will all have some sort of performance guarantee (stupid phrase I know) where you’ll likely be able to exchange for something that works for you, get store credit (important because you can use on other reputable brands, so you can actually get value from that credit). With OP, if he doesn’t get a refund, he’s SOL - that place carries only junk components. An exchange or store credit won’t do him any good.

2) if for whatever reason the grace period is passed or the honeymoon phase is over, buying a well known reputable shaft (or head, set, whatever), you have some residual value to recoup. Heck, guys buy stuff all the time to try and end up selling here on BST and what they lose, they consider the trial/rental fee. OP is absolutely screwed in this regard. Like I said, he’d be lucky to cover his shipping costs selling that junk.

So yeah, it is much, much worse than your scenario. That’s why value is so important here.

edit: also, stop with this nonsense that the place has been open 20 years so they are selling good stuff. It’s been outlined by me and others that it’s not. They sell outdated cheap junk. OP presented this topic so it does him no good to sugar coat it and give him false hope that maybe he didn’t get taken. My only guesses about how they’ve survived 20+ years involve 1) their costs being extremely low due to aforementioned junk they’re peddling and 2) there’s a sucker born every minute and Jacksonville is a big place with a large golfing population.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik - Fujikura Pro 2.0 6-S stiff 
Tour Edge 3 wood - Mitsubishi Fubuki HL-55 stiff 
Callaway Apex 21 3 hybrid - UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 75 HYB stiff
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 5-PW - Nippon N.S. PROGH neo stiff 

Haywood Signature 48°, 52°, 56°, 60° - KBS Tour stiff
PXG One & Done

This whole thread is insane, but I need to know what happens in the end......

Callaway Mavrik - Fujikura Pro 2.0 6-S stiff 
Tour Edge 3 wood - Mitsubishi Fubuki HL-55 stiff 
Callaway Apex 21 3 hybrid - UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 75 HYB stiff
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 5-PW - Nippon N.S. PROGH neo stiff 

Haywood Signature 48°, 52°, 56°, 60° - KBS Tour stiff
PXG One & Done

Reading this thread has been a bummer, I hope for the best for the OP. Lesson learned the hard way I guess.

On a side note, I cannot believe there is an open business selling knockoff R5 drivers and old Big Bertha iron components! Insanity...

[b]Driver[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 9*, Fuji Ventus Black 6X[/color]
[b]Fairway Wood: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 14*, Fuji Ventus Blue 7X[/color]
[b]Hybrid[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM Max 19*, Tensei Pro White 90S[/color]
[b]4-9 iron[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Miura CB57, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color] 
[b]PW, GW[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color]
[b]Sand, Lob[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, Dynamic Gold 120 S400 Tour Issue[/color]
[b]Putter[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab[/color] 
[b]Ball[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX

Thanks for clarifying things.

A. They are NOT being nice to you. You are paying too much for their help.

B. Sounds like that course isn't that difficult so don't be amazed at his score.

As others have posted, at $75 for an hour to get lessons from these same people who have sold you junk shafts and clubs is just plain silly.

Please heed the advice you've been given in this thread.

You have NOTHING to lose by DEMANDING your money back, including them replacing the wedge they've wrecked. These 'good guys' are fleecing you, ripping you off, taking advantage of you ... Over and over.

Demand you money back.

Find a decent fitter.

Find a good coach.

I'll bet crew on here can point you in the direction quickly. Heck. You've been given links to clubs for a full bag. Go buy them with the money you get back!

Make it stop!!!!

WITB

Ping G430 Max 10K 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 7 wood 21 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping Blueprint S  4 - PW Dynamic Gold 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM10 50-08F, 54-10S, 60-12D

Odyssey Ai-One 2-Ball

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

For those of you who don’t believe that this guy is a troll, consider the following:

In two months of membership, he has 190 posts (95 per month).

If he is a member here for 15 years, like I have been, that equates to 180 months.

180 months X 95 posts = 17,100 posts

I have just over 3600 in the same number of months.

And I just wasted my time doing this calculation, so I guess he wins!

So feel free to continue to play his game!!

And ironically, I was born and raised in Jacksonville!

WITB

Ping G430 Max 10K 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 7 wood 21 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping Blueprint S  4 - PW Dynamic Gold 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM10 50-08F, 54-10S, 60-12D

Odyssey Ai-One 2-Ball

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

@hurley999s Exotics EXS Irons - Best Value - Tour Edge Golf
Are these component clubs as well? They look a lot like the knock offs on the first page. I've seen tour edge, but it always reminded me of a master fit type club.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I know people who've been perfectly satisfied with knockoffs and others who've regretted the purchase. I tend to pay through the nose for golf clubs but keep them for a long time.

My Titleist T300 irons replace Titleist DCI 962s that I played for at least twenty-years. (The club number / loft correlations are now two full clubs stronger!)

Same with my PT fairways. They were expensive but don't owe me a thing.

I don't know about non-brand equipment. I suppose that it could be a bargain or could be a big ripoff. You're rolling the dice on that one.

TaylorMade BRNR.....13.5° driver _______Mizuno Fli Hi II......driving iron (bent to 19°)

Titleist PT.....17, 20, 23° fwy wds._______Titleist T100.....5-PW

Titleist SM10.....52-08, 58-04___________Ram Zebra.....putter

Titleist Pro V1x.....ball___________________Titleist Cart 14.....bag

This is one of the most unbelievable things I have ever read. Here is my very blunt response. OP you were had, BIG TIME. This situation is so ridiculous that I feel ignorant for even feeling bad for you, but I do. You mention you don't want to cause confrontation as they are nice and attentive to you, that's most likely because they know they can continue to scam you out of your money. Thank you for 5 pages of entertainment, I'd say good luck withyour irons and hope you find enjoyment with them but it is evident you don't. So I hope you continue to enjoy a 1 sided relationship with a group of crooks, I guess?

Please never equate Tour Edge with Master Fit ever again.

Callaway Paradym 9 -- Accra TZFive 60

Callaway Paradym 15 & Paradym TD 18  -- Accra TZFive 70

Cobra King Tec 22 & 25 -- MMT 80

Ping i525 6-PW, UW -- Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54 & 58 -- DG Spinner 

Bettinardi Hive Custom -- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

Okay for the sake of transparency I showed up into the parking lot and ended up turning around. Something in me froze me up and decided to turn around. I did end up chipping some balls for about 1.25 hours. That was fairly fruitful.

I plan on going tomorrow to complain about the irons. Thoughts about getting the muscle backs? If they do it for free?

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Tour Edge is on the fringe of being a "Major OEM". Some of their fairway woods are cult classics, along the lines of Sonartec and Nickent. I agree with the poster above who asked to please never ever equate Tour Edge with Master Fit ever again. Tour Edge = Quality OEM , just not paying $$$$$ to Tour Players for endorsements. Master Fit = Total piece of crap that is likely re-branded shafts and cheap Chinese counterfeit heads.

Can't believe I'm falling for this, but enough is enough. OP is either a Troll, or total dimwit. I can understand not wanting to confront his new "buddies" by asking for a refund (some people have more money than brains and are willing to just eat their mistakes because spending more money is "cheaper" to them than a confrontation), but why even buy that crap that crap in the first place unless you are totally clueless? If budget is a concern, as I believe you've mentioned since you are out of an income temporarily, the smart thing to do would be to do some research before plunking down any coin. I also agree with those who have said that these guys are your "buddies" or "pals" because they can see you coming from a mile away and know they'll fleece you again and again.

Today is Jan 08, and you promised to contact them yesterday. You had to stay home from work to pick up your sick child at 9:00am yesterday. Sick children tend to get medicated and take a long nap, so what did you do with the rest of the day? What have you done today? Inquiring minds want to know!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Struggling to break 100 and inquiring about Masterfit musclebacks... Sounds reasonable.

1PB4IWBIERUD.gif

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

Aren’t those easy clubs to hit without having the huge sole and massive backing? My biggest issue is the weight they are freaking heavy
im looking for contigency plans? What about migrating the shafts from the new irons to the berthas? The master fit shafts feel a little stiffer. Besides they have the z cords on them@dxdgenert

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

They’re heavy based off of what metric: Total weight or swing weight? There is no way that you can answer that because you haven’t had them checked nor could you tell on your own based off of your game.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2