2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Please Delete, Lock or whatever..... Kind regards Paddy

Paddy_2_Iron

Thanks for the kind words and defending me. I'm not trolling at all....

My last day on my contract is tomorrow (voluntary) and will have some downtime. I'l circle back with the guy who sold them for me and ask if I can get store credit or at the very list get my Hawkeyes regripped etc.... I figured worse case they say no and then I can promptly go to Goodwill or the First Tee and donate the 3 hybrid and irons 5 - 9.

I actually like my set now, Driver, 5 wood, irons 3 wedges and a putter. 11 total clubs, perfect for a 20 handicap.

• Like 1

In the bag

10.5 degree Ping 400 | Stiff Ping Shaft 55 gram

5 - GW F7 Cobra variable | Regular Flex Steel

Titleist Vokey 56 degree F Grind 14 Bounce

Mizuno 60 S 18 Ion Blue 6 Bounce

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

They help me with lessons, at a really good price. Primarily working on my grip and ball contact, I sometimes deviate though focusing more on lower build which in all my studies really enables a good swing. The lessons are 20 minutes at 25 dollars. They are indoors and focus on a launch monitor.

Yes the round was 18 hole at Eagle Landing at 6400. The pro was a beast. 8 pars bogey then 8 more pars and a double bogey. He never really hit bad shots. I shot a 101, with 5 pars that day. It was a good time.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I've transitioned away from these clubs. I no longer list nor play the deep sole irons or the hybrid. In fact I replaced the 52 degree and gave it to my daughter. The only clubs I play that I purchased from there is the driver and the miznuo wedges with the new high end shafts.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Again, to extend this thread....that isn't a high end shaft. Read my post to you on page 1 or 2. I've never seen or heard of those shafts before and I have been in the custom fitting business for almost 20 years now and have been following golf for even longer than that. Those are no more high end than what you would find in a boxed set at WalMart or Golf Galaxy.

As others have said, we are fine with you not wanting confrontation but you need to get your money back or a portion back less a "demo" fee. You were sold junk. Those lesson fees don't sound like such a great bargain either, $75 an hour? What are the pro's qualifications? I was getting $100 an hour lessons from a teacher who works with several tour pros, outside, on a grass range at a prestigious country club, with Trackman assist.

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

Masterfit shafts are not “high end” shafts. They may work for you but don’t confuse, misconstrue or justify what happened.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

@hurley999s and @dxdgenert
I just can't win in this thread.... How about the UST shaft on my driver? At least decent???
My contract expired and I am not looking for a new job, I am skilled so the recovery is there, but until I stablize there will be no new shafts besides I kind of like these shafts.
Why in the heck do you have to tell me they are junk? Im out on the course thinking I am Mr big shot with my mizuno s18's and my "high end shafts"!

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Just a heads up I played today, well 2 holes because the 4 some in front of me was so damn slow, terrible.

But I crushed a driver about 235 carry and then hit a nice easy 8 iron in there nice a straight. Missed the green, but what in the heck was I thinking trying to replace these Hawkeyes? They are fantastic irons for 20 handicaps. Forgiving and really respond on thin hits. Hole 2 the drive went ob but the next shot was just to the right pin high.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

@Paddy_2_Iron you were told at the beginning that your shafts were budget discount models. You were also warned that your wedges were very likely reamed out (read “destroyed”) to install those shafts. This is what everyone is trying tell you: you were duped. This thread is frustrating because you asked for advice and it has been largely consistent yet you refuse to act accordingly. That is why people think you’re trolling us or that you’re a complete sucker. I’ve tried/am trying to be constructive. Keep playing what you have but stop defending or justifying these clowns.

I'm going up tomorrow and seeing what they can do for me. 3 hybrid and irons.... I want some money back even if it's just new grips on my 5 - 9. I really want my damn set with matching grips.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Oh for f**ks sake! I’m sorry but I cannot take you seriously anymore. I give up...

V20WCHPR12VT.jpeg

LOL My daughter loves that movie haha.

I don't want to think about my 450 dollar wedges getting ruined it makes me sick. Is there a chance I can get bigger shafts to fill the large bored hosels if in fact they are trashed?

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

@dxdgenert
Dood trust me I ain't trolling. You are a very cool guys lots of insights. I'm going there tomorrow and seeing about getting money back or at least store credit. Something....

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

If they reamed the hosels they have messed with the weight and balance of the head, least thing I'd worry about would be "can't I just fit other shafts into it?" I you love them don't worry too much about it I guess. But the irons are trash and too costly for what they are.

Ok, tell them they aren’t working for you. They are very heavy and you just cannot hit them. They don’t feel like the one you demoed and you’re hitting your old ones much better. I don’t know how they look, but if you just took some practice swings or played a round with them, be up front and show them they’re basically new.

if they hassle you, ask them to swingweight the set. And also ask for total weight. Bring one or all of your current irons also for comparison. If they are as heavy as you say, one or both of these measurements will be way off (swing weight or total weight vs yours). Also, ask them to SW the demo one you hit and compare that to the set they built.

I noticed on their horrible website that their custom irons are guaranteed for 1 year for manufacturers defect. If the demo iron and the iron you received are different weights, I’d tell them that’s a defect and you want your money back. Don’t settle for regripping. They use $1 knockoff grips and the whole job will cost them $10 so you’re not getting any value there. Get your money back.

See below from Jacksonville.com article on them. Say they can “get it right” by giving you your money back

NOXX2F3A9SOX.jpeg

I promised DXd I am going to do it tomorrow.

Serious question. Can they migrate the shafts with the grips to my Hawkeyes?

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Maybe, but if the shafts are thicker and they have to team the Hawkeyes, then they’re ruined like the Mizuno wedges.

Honestly I wouldn’t have them do any work on any clubs of mine and I sure as shit wouldn’t have their cheap components put into any of my clubs.

You should just return them, get your money back, and move on. I wouldn’t even go there to use their range or facilities because I can tell from how you respond, they’ll keep “selling” you and you’ll eventually end up with a new set of garbage from them.

Get your money back and do not return there ever again.

Repeat after me: “I will return my clubs and get my money back and I will never return to Masterfit or speak to them ever again”

• Like 1

The problem is that they do not even know the characteristics of their own "house brand" Master Fit shaft because they are over runs that they buy out and have labeled with their name and logo. In fact you could probably go through their supply and find several different shaft profiles with the exact same look.

So making that change would be a shot in the dark at best. Maybe it would make things better, but there is know real way of knowing unless they know exactly what the specs of the shafts are. In fact if you really want to see if they are "real" fitters. Have them show you all of their different shafts and explain the launch and spin profiles of each one. If they only offer one "Master Fit" shaft, just in different flexes, then you will know they are just talking out of their a$$.

I'm so confused by this. Almost just hoping this is a joke by OP and nobody is getting it.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

This whole topic is very odd. Come on OP, this equipment is junk. That poor Mizuno wedge, what must have they done to put that garbage shaft in.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

That driver shaft is not decent. It is likely worth $10-$15 at most and is at least a decade old. It is a model by UST that has never existed to my knowledge in recent memory. Looking back over old threads on here it MIGHT be a re-painted UST V2 CB shaft from 2007...but that SL is throwing me. I've emailed UST and am waiting a response, but I suspect a previous poster is correct. They just buy a bunch of old stock of whatever happens to be kicking around en-masse, get it re-painted in Masterfit colours, and they tout that as the shaft everyone needs and happens to fit perfectly into.

I have no doubt you hit the driver well, as your eyes don't deceive you and you know where you used to be vs. where you are now, but please don't conflate performance vs. value. There are many examples of shafts that don't exist (i.e. stock iron and driver shafts, RE*AX steel anyone in TM?) that are perfectly acceptable for people to use and they perform halfway okay for some. However, that doesn't mean that these shafts should be sold widely and expensively as a premium, high end shaft. The fact of the matter is you paid close to $1000 for product that you: a) can't resell on the second hand market for much more than MAYBE $100 if you're lucky (i.e. a 90% depreciation value, which even for golf is astronomically high) b) you could have spent the same, if not less, on product from a couple of years ago that would perform the same, if not better, from OEMs that people know and recognize and are able to sell/trade-in for a value that doesn't depreciate nearly as sharplyc) your fitter is not standing behind their product with any sort of performance guarantee despite them claimin publicly in an article that they do have

The other facts include that you are writing off all new golf equipment as terrible and the Hawkeye as being the pinnacle of performance. That just isn't true. Yes, someone who shoots 95-100 probably isn't reaping the benefits of modern technology as consistently as someone who is of a lower handicap. However, that is not the fault of the club but the user AND the fitter. The fitter's job is to get a set of clubs in the player's hand to help minimize their miss and make it easier for them to make a more efficient strike. I've been fitting for over 15 years and that is always my #1 goal, what can I get in the player's hands that is going to help them hit the shots they need to achieve their goals? Be it more consistency, more distance, hit it higher, lower, shape the ball, etc. It sounds like your "fitter" (and I cringe using that word here) did the bare minimum here by giving you a GI iron. Again, most of us have no problem with that, as that is likely what you need.

The issue we have is that these are component knock-offs mimicking a club from 16 years ago and they have the audacity to charge you $390 for them; they have the audacity to tell you that your shafts in your Mizuno wedges are junk (likely a True Temper, KBS, or Modus product) that are used by literally anyone on tour and VERY well regarded as very good quality (they don't fit EVERYONE but I digress...) and then put in some no-name, cheap graphite shaft that I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts has "high modulus" and some variation of the words "kickpoint" printed on it somewhere...all signs of very cheap, low grade graphite. The other issue we have is that the salesperson flat out lied to you. There are no scratch players trading in their blades for these Masterfit monstrosities, if I ever gave a low single digit an iron that had Masterfit on it I'd be laughed out of my studio, especially one that looks like that. Better players have shape and feel preferences that these most certainly don't have. There are a small number of very good players that do like a GI iron (KJ Choi, a few of the LPGA Pros, etc.) but to say that they have throngs of single digits knocking down their door for these god-awful irons is embarrassing and makes me think they could see you from a mile away.

Please post back what they said to you, and do not accept regripping your irons as "even". Settle for nothing but getting your money back less maybe $50 as a "demo fee". Take them to this thread and show them vast number of people who are calling them out. I will report back with what UST says when they do.

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Another example of them using older shafts. On their 1997 era website, they had a “special” for iron restarting - Fujikura Fuel for $29 per club through 12/19. Hell of a deal from them because it’s normally $100/shaft! Wow, what a bargain! They claimed these are one of the very few shafts in the world stable enough for a tour swing. Guess what, these shafts are 7-8 years old with outdated graphite tech. They’ve just been sitting on them for that long and are trying to unload them, or they bought them on closeout in bulk for a couple dollars each and are making up a great deal based on 7-8 year old MSRP.

More signs pointing to their bare minimum fitting knowledge - all of their Masterfit shafts are color coded by swing speed. How genius of them! Just goes to show they’re only looking at one parameter. As if it’s as simple as dividing the entire world into one of 4 or 5 shafts based on how fast they swing. Nah, forget shaft profiles, balance, flex points, etc...if you swing 93mph, THIS is the best shaft for you!

SMH...how in the world are they still in business? Are there that many people in Jacksonville that literally have no idea about golf equipment? I understand 25-30+ years ago before a lot of information was widely available on the internet, but I can’t wrap my head around where their customers/business is coming from.

LOL right? I bought my Ping G 30's just after they released the Ping G's for like $400 or so. Those were brand new from the PGA superstore. They are heads and heels above that crap.

Since then I've discovered the world of used online sales, I'll probably never buy new again and every day I encountered deals that tempt me to try something new due to the 'cant pass up' price.

• Like 1

This fitter makes me feel dirty to call myself one. I didn't even known Fuji had a Fuel iron shaft? Based on my cursory view on eBay it looks like these might be Fuji Fuels that were designed for some sort of Tour Edge Exotics release that were overbought...if so, that is so not right. Could you imagine the uproar if Club Champion, Golf Galaxy, and PGA Superstore charged $30 per club for a set of Ping Alta or CFS graphites + grip + install? Christ... Fujikura Fuel Exotics Graphite Iron/Hybrid Shafts .370 Choose Flex and Quantity | eBay@Paddy_2_Iron I got the response back from UST ( I will screencap below) and they no longer have any specs for that shaft available. So that means 1 or 2 things. It's so old they have since wiped their database of it because nobody is likely going to ask about it, or the more likely option, is that it was a made-for shaft shaft that MF bought in bulk at a supreme discount that they can charge insane markup on all the while passing it off as premium grade. Just for fun as I am procrastinating doing my homework, I built you a bag of all brand name equipment for what you paid for the MF all with quality shafts you can see below. All of it is adjustable so you can tailor it to your swing. Cobra King F7 Black Adjustable* Driver Regular Graphite Very Good 499004340081 | eBay Used Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal Iron Set (6-PW, GW) 6 Irons - ACCRA iCWT 85 Reg | eBay NIKE Vapor Flex 22* 4 Hybrid Golf Club 4h Diamana Regular Flex Graphite | eBay
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/332/ISQQLNQOWS4I.png[/img]
Good luck, Paddy. You have all the ammo in the world to get your money back.

The Weirdo 2024 Bag