2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Please Delete, Lock or whatever..... Kind regards Paddy

Paddy_2_Iron

That's interesting they won't work because they are too short due to the bore through design. Thanks for the clear information appreciate it.

In the bag

10.5 degree Ping 400 | Stiff Ping Shaft 55 gram

5 - GW F7 Cobra variable | Regular Flex Steel

Titleist Vokey 56 degree F Grind 14 Bounce

Mizuno 60 S 18 Ion Blue 6 Bounce

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

You leave my Christmas ornament alone, Grinch!

In all seriousness, Paddy if you’re real please donate my club(s) to a local PGA First Tee program.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

How about I send you one of them and I'll give them others way for charity. The set is 5 - 9. Would 6 - 9 with an spaulding PW be worth donating? I can also kick in the hybrid into the set and a 4 iron that I had shafted with the Ozik shaft.

I'll take a picture and be right back of what I want to donate, less the 5 iron which I could send to you. For just shipping.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I just had an idea. I can send one iron out to the 5 most active posters in this thread. The power of the heavy sole is to powerful for just one person to hold, so to keep harmony in the WGX kingdom I'll split them up to keep the peace.

Kind of like Lord or the Rings, with the rings.....

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Just get your money back. Nobody wants these pieces of crap...

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9 -- Accra TZFive 60

Callaway Paradym 15 & Paradym TD 18  -- Accra TZFive 70

Cobra King Tec 22 & 25 -- MMT 80

Ping i525 6-PW, UW -- Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54 & 58 -- DG Spinner 

Bettinardi Hive Custom -- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

Send me one and i'll measure it, weight it, and do a full review. ?

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-7i 26*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I think what baffles me the most here (as you and I have pretty much been all in on this from the beginning), is the OP has some decent clubs that they don't complain about and their inconsistency in what they post. We know they have a TS2 fairway, and now they post pics of a G5 hybrid, some sort of new Callaway hybrid as I see CF19 on the hosel of something, a Cleveland wedge, and some Mizuno wedges. Yet, they maintain the authenticity of these MF piles.

I'm starting to lean more and more towards this is a joke thread now. It might not have been at the beginning but now it certainly is some sort of entertainment value to Paddy, at the very least. There are just too many inconsistencies in the thread now to make sense of it all. First the OP goes from just a general question about clubs being too heavy and what to do. Then it morphed to anger that they got duped, then to defending their purchase because the pro shot 3 over par on a seemingly easy golf course (definitely a good player but not that hard out of the realm of possibility for anyone floating around the 5 mark or so) as if that legitimizes the entire fitting and buying process. Following that we have remorse for the purchase of the clubs immediately after staunch defense of MF again and their quality components despite 2-3 pages telling him flat out, no, from 20-30 posters. All because the driver goes straight.

We also have evidence that the local fitting places suck because his daughter got fit into Ping product and he seemingly knows about swing weight and shaft length (at even some basic level) by talking about getting the right length shaft for her. Yet, he shows almost blissful ignorance of how weight is distributed across a club and is surprised to find out that shafts cannot always work from head to head (not entirely unbelieveable but he has asked about reshafting before and several comments were made about this, so a little research would go a long way). Then when he was called a Troll, he jokingly played it off as his daughters favourite movie. What is she, like 10? How is she possibly tall enough to get fit for G400 men's fairway woods and hit them fine, and only AFTER the fitting is length discussed, yet her favourite movie is a very childish Pixar movie?

Then the cycle repeats itself with the OP actually buying a set of Big Bertha OS irons with Ozik shafts (or maybe only 1 club? It was never made clear) that crushed the MF on the Flightscope and even had the fitter stumped and speechless (who also hit the irons and it smoked their own MF clubs). This is then immediately followed again by asking if the MF are actually good quality clubs and the shafts are great and premium despite CLEAR evidence that these clubs are a very poor fit to the OP. No mention of the Big Bertha OS irons with Oziks was ever made again, and Paddy waffles between hunting for new clubs or sticking with the Hawkeyes (and seems to have settled on the Mizunos I showed him, and mentions they bought them above, yet they remain unpurchased on eBay...hmmmmm.....)

Paddy retains a strong defense of the driver saying, and I paraphrase, but "I played 2 holes. Smashed one driver 230 straight. The next one I hit O.B. but the shot with the Hawkeyes was pin-high"...now we are at the driver was ill-fit and they have lost all consistency with it. Further legitimacy for the Hawkeyes is given by some uncle's best friend, I think (the famous friend of a friend...), having recommend a set of these as they had clones that they loved, and we went from I hate my Hawkeyes, to the MF, which I in turn hate even more, to I love my Hawkeyes, and so does everyone else. This also mirrored the driver purchase, with I hated my original driver, I love this MF club I can't miss with it, to now in the span of about 36 hours, all of the consistency is gone and my slice is back and I hate it too. So which is it?

So my question to all the followers of this thread who got sucked in like I did, and to Paddy, how do you OWN clubs like Ping, Cleveland, Mizuno, Callaway, and Titleist, hit them well, and then hit them BETTER than clubs you were fit for, yet still defend the company and ask whether the components are actually good? Now you are asking about some shite blade? Come on man....enough is enough. Either man up and prove you actually did return the clubs via a receipt or something or just let the thread die. No more of this wussy "my kid was sick literally all day and the shop is closed precisely the nano-second I had time to go", or "I was in the parking lot and chickened out as something in me just couldn't do it". Please.

S4IKEDDX87G4.jpg

AKMPFJ89WLJ2.jpg

M8NA680BO8QM.jpg

N0V4W78IWCN4.jpg

T1W43COOFL04.jpg

60D5TXSFR1A3.jpg

O90WWVWC3L2F.jpg

B9CUXCRZ8DQH.jpg

QAHKC8RTVDCW.jpg

YTO6UBDQEJAQ.jpg

BS0MP9IXAU5Y.jpg

ZNN7V0O35O3Q.jpg

Here is what I want to donate but I would consider sending each one out for review. The irons I mean.....

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

First of all my daughter was fit a GG not MF.

Second I only had one 4 iron shafted..... The only irons I had a full set of is the Hawkeyes which are 1998 and I wasn't FIT for them. the MF I was fit for and at the time the 390 before tax seemed like a steal!

I've been battling an issue about hitting long second shots thats why you see all those hybrid, long irons etc.... I also was given those drivers from my dad and friend, same friend who gave me the TS2.

I bought the Mizuno;s because I was tired of using hold crap wedges and I wanted to get good at two things this year. Manageable chunks. Driving and pitching. It's all I care about, because honestly 5 - 9 iron I can hit fine even with little practice. For whatever reason my swing allows me to hit those clubs and I was thinking if I could get fitted with a superior club I could get more distance on my irons which are already a strength of mine. EG 7 iron 145 to maybe 160 with the new irons. Big time game change IMO if it would work like that, but I am hitting everything fat and it's really heavy. The hawkeyes I hit thin or flush pretty well when on a decent lie.

Sure my emotions have changes, thats to be expected. I go out and get fitted and I have a whole forum full of people calling me an idiot or whatever. Sure I am a little defensive.

Bottom line is I am trying to make the best out of a worse situation. If it means switching shafts, grips whatever thats all. It looks like thats not going to work due to the length of the shaft and the bore thought on the Hawkeyes. Its not adviced to replace the shafts on the hawkeyes which I AM LISTENING TOO...... I didnt do it..

I think I am heeding the advice quite a bit on here. Not sure where that narrative came from, it's a bold face lie.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

First off, I get it, no one likes to have to deal with confrontation. But, before you go donating anything... you really should try to get all or at least a good portion of your money back on the irons.

You were also looking for a compromise as a fallback plan. Perhaps they could offset the cost of the irons with tons of practice time at their facility (simulators, free range balls, etc) or something like that?

Personally, I am not sure I would ever trust your instructor/fitter there again.. you may feel he has been helpful but consider this- Even professional con-men have a persuasive story that comes off as something you can trust or the con does not work. Not saying he is a con-man but he is a sales rep who may unfortunately be more focused on selling his product than your best interest.

The fact that you have all of this name-brand equipment, donated to you or not, doesn't legitmize the "great deal" you got on the MF. You've been to GG and PGASS, you know how much equipment costs. You were also willing to buy brand new Ping product (either new-old stock or not) from these stores, yet you don't know the difference between a clear knock-off and a major OEM?

Further, each of these stores has a used bin, unless you were purposely "whistling past the graveyard" so to speak, you would see the price of older used clubs would fall right in your price category. I worked at a big box retailer for 16 years and when we started carrying used clubs, the hoardes descended on them like locusts on freshly sprung grass. I know PGASS carries used clubs, as does GG...how in the heck did you not see that a set of G25s for example, would be around $400, or a set of ~2014 Callaway/Taylormade irons were $400, and MF was shockingly absent from the used bin, yet the MF were a "good deal"? Come on, we aren't stupid, we were trying to help you.

Paddy should organize a “MEMBERS WANTED” thread coming out of this. Members in good standing sign up for a chance to win one of Paddy’s irons. All you need to do is answer:

1) what is your handicap?

2) do you have a SW scale and ruler?

3) what about Paddy’s Masterfit knockoff irons appeals to you?

4) Are you willing to document your experience and post review threads, including pictures, here and on social media?

That is such a lie. They had EPIC irons, those Cleveland launchers and steel shaft Rogues. None of what they had on the bargain rack fit my game. Heck I used to visit the store about 4 times a week until I went to MF. I just never could find a good deal.

One of the things I was able to do is buy half the set and then the other half, so not all 390 up front. You aren't able to do that at PGASS. Heck even the M5 driver was a 9.5 they tried to get me to buy. No way I can hit that accurately, I only swing ~95

I'm beginning to think on line used is the play.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I'm like you all I am so done with this $hit. I could go to the range and chip balls and get better.

Just give me your addresses and I'll send you one. Free of charge, hell I'll pick up the shipping if you promise to give me credit for donating and do a comprehensive.

You know what, maybe I could send them to Rick Shiels or one of those youtube guys and get them to test them?

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

Do you think I could get sued for this? Like I said the driver and wedges have been really good for my game and the 3 hybrid pretty good off the tee and out of the rough. It's really the irons I have a major issue with.

I have a email tee'd up to Rick. I found his business email.

In the bag

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1

I'm done after this...so Cleveland Launchers and Rogues don't fit your game, but 2004 knock off Big Berthas that are as big as a house, with heavy, cheap graphite shafts are? Or some sort of blade does, even though you shoot 100? I'm sorry Paddy, but you need to stop. This is getting ridiculous. I was in your corner up until this morning but you're bordering on delusional now grabbing at straws to defend why you bought the irons and now are flipping wildly back and forth between what you want to do. First you're taking lessons to get better, then 1 person posts that its your swing and not the irons, then you decide F* it, you're keeping everything and donating what you don't want and going to play the Hawkeyes until you shoot in the 90s or 80s and calling the lessons off after this last session. NOW you think you are going to get sued? This is ridiculous!!!

Give yourself a good head shake and a good mirror pep talk. The only reason you aren't getting any better is these MF losers don't know what they are doing. I could spin you around blindfoled and dizzy in the golf section of WalMart and probably still end up fitting you into better equipment than what they did to you. If you are so against confrontation, take those irons to good will and keep the G5 hybrids, the Mizuno wedges, the TS2, the Hawkeyes, and that Baffler-thing as your driver. Practice your 75 and in, chipping, and putting with only very mild iron and wood practice and I guarantee you you will be shooting in the mid-low 90s consistently by the time summer rolls around.

After that, get a fitting at GG or PGASS and listen to them. It's hilarious to me that you swallowed MF hook, line, and sinker (actually more like hook, line, and reel you bit so hard) yet you hated the fact that two different sales associates from two different retail stores recommened Ping to you? Sorry to say but yes they are the easiest to hit irons for the woefully high shooters in golf. They might not be for everybody, sure, but chances are they will fit you just fine and your magical slice will all but poof to a controlled fade.

• Like 1

Ok, I have to comment. There has to be SOMEONE from this forum who lives in the Jacksonville area who could actually meet up with @Paddy_2_Iron and assist him with going to Masterfit and making things right.

If he is unwilling to accept in person help to rectify this mess of a situation, then this is for sure a troll job, and a good one at that.

"That is such a lie. They had EPIC irons, those Cleveland launchers and steel shaft Rogues. None of what they had on the bargain rack fit my game"

This is like watching a train wreck. You HATE to see it but you can't look away.

source.gif

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow