Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

31 minutes ago, Minarets said:

What were the names of the colors you picked? Specifically the Carolina blue colors? None of them appear Carolina blue in my opinion that I’m seeing on the website

these are my head covers 

2D50DB92-F1ED-413E-9665-A025C74AF98D.jpeg

"Light blue" for the 95 and 325 (don't have that color in 275).  Matches all of my officially licensed Carolina gear perfectly.

20210321_145546.jpg

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

17 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

"Light blue" for the 95 and 325 (don't have that color in 275).  Matches all of my officially licensed Carolina gear perfectly.

20210321_145546.jpg

Ahhh, i

was looking at 275.  

thanks 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

6 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Ahhh, i

was looking at 275.  

thanks 

95 is what you'd need for zipper pulls.  If you also want thicker cord for the umbrella holder or similar that's the 325.

• Thanks 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

100% (2/2) on bag whisperer tricks from @brew4eagle!! This trick does such a good job of stopping the SM X-Straps from sliding around...thanks!

410EAFFB-EE21-4A95-ABF7-122DFA31472F.jpeg

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

6 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

I have decide by tmrw on my Hoofer Lite, last day I can return it.  Not sure what to do.  2.5+ and HL have their pros and cons.  HL is $65 cheaper, might be the winning pro.

SM is probably the right move, but I’m a sucker for a PING bag and always gravitate back to them despite the annoying club snagging.  I think I’m addicted to them.  It’s weird. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

SM is probably the right move, but I’m a sucker for a PING bag and always gravitate back to them despite the annoying club snagging.  I think I’m addicted to them.  It’s weird. 

They are great bags and have so many features that make them better than every bag out there.  I'm still leaning towards keeping the Hoofer Lite and sending the SM back.  The tangle doesn't bother me as I know how to minimize it to almost non-existence. 

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

12 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

They are great bags and have so many features that make them better than every bag out there.  I'm still leaning towards keeping the Hoofer Lite and sending the SM back.  The tangle doesn't bother me as I know how to minimize it to almost non-existence. 

Have you ever given the Titleist Players 4 Plus a chance?  How you think it stacks up against these bags

11 minutes ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Have you ever given the Titleist Players 4 Plus a chance?  How you think it stacks up against these bags

I've looked at it in the store.  Doesn't seem as nice as PING or SM, and that spine pocket sticks out and looks goofy to me.  I can see its utility for holding a bunch of stuff, but I carry very little.  Sir Mix-a-Lot would like it though.

• Haha 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

18 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I've looked at it in the store.  Doesn't seem as nice as PING or SM, and that spine pocket sticks out and looks goofy to me.  I can see its utility for holding a bunch of stuff, but I carry very little.  Sir Mix-a-Lot would like it though.

Ever give Callaway bags a chance? Feel like no one talks about them

1 minute ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Ever give Callaway bags a chance? Feel like no one talks about them

I've looked at a few in the store, but never too seriously as I hate callaway for some unknown reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

2 hours ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

I think I’m addicted to them too but I’m so irritated at trying to find a bag with what I want. Like the Hoofer CEL but I don’t really like it as an option for when I ride or push plus not crazy about the color schemes. Like Hoofer Lite but can’t stand the color schemes. Neither bag has a tee holder feature on the spine and for some reason this is something I really want. The Hoofer has the color schemes I like (the grey heather and the green with navy trim) but I don’t like the 5 way divider, it doesn’t have the tee holder either, and it is heavier than what I want. I like the weight on the SM 2.5 and do like the look of the all navy but I don’t like/trust that external leg activation system. I just feel that it wouldn’t last very long if I wind up using it frequently on a riding cart, plus the 2.5 no longer has the feature that locks the legs in. I’d go up to the 4.5 to get that feature but I don’t want that backpack style shoulder straps and don’t really like those color schemes. I wish SM had a custom program for something other than the C130. Rant over from this fussy basket case...

• Like 1

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

8 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

I think I’m addicted to them too but I’m so irritated at trying to find a bag with what I want. Like the Hoofer CEL but I don’t really like it as an option for when I ride or push plus not crazy about the color schemes. Like Hoofer Lite but can’t stand the color schemes. Neither bag has a tee holder feature on the spine and for some reason this is something I really want. The Hoofer has the color schemes I like (the grey heather and the green with navy trim) but I don’t like the 5 way divider, it doesn’t have the tee holder either, and it is heavier than what I want. I like the weight on the SM 2.5 and do like the look of the all navy but I don’t like/trust that external leg activation system. I just feel that it wouldn’t last very long if I wind up using it frequently on a riding cart, plus the 2.5 no longer has the feature that locks the legs in. I’d go up to the 4.5 to get that feature but I don’t want that backpack style shoulder straps and don’t really like those color schemes. I wish SM had a custom program for something other than the C130. Rant over from this fussy basket case...

My 2.5+ has the leg lock feature, you can strap them in if that's what you mean. 

SM 2021 2.5+ 
Lefty

Cobra LTDx Max 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue

Titleist TSi2 20° Tensei AV Blue
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 5 Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
Mizuno JPX919 Forged 6 to G Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
Mizuno S18 54° + 58° Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
TaylorMade Spider S

19 minutes ago, dreynolds819 said:

My 2.5+ has the leg lock feature, you can strap them in if that's what you mean. 

From what I've seen U.S. versions don't have the leg lock, are you outside of the U.S.?

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

49 minutes ago, dreynolds819 said:

The new and U.S. version doesn’t have it anymore.

Ping Tour 60* wedge

39 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

From what I've seen U.S. versions don't have the leg lock, are you outside of the U.S.?

Ah, yes I'm in England and it does have it. How strange. 

SM 2021 2.5+ 
Lefty

Cobra LTDx Max 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue

Titleist TSi2 20° Tensei AV Blue
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 5 Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
Mizuno JPX919 Forged 6 to G Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
Mizuno S18 54° + 58° Nippon Modus NS-Pro Tour 105
TaylorMade Spider S

1 hour ago, brew4eagle said:

1 hour ago, MikeW2 said:

The new and U.S. version doesn’t have it anymore.

1 hour ago, dreynolds819 said:

Ah, yes I'm in England and it does have it. How strange. 

I’m in Canada, and none of the SM bags have leg locks here either.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I tried carrying it around in store. I found it to be very bulky and on the heavy side. But I did like the blue camo color scheme.

• Like 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

12 hours ago, MikeW2 said:

What are you currently gaming?

I have a Ping L8 from 1995 with just the 4 way top dividers as my main bag. I also have a Bag Boy Chiller cart bag but I only find it ok on a riding cart and it definitely isn’t for carrying at all. The truth is that any bag I choose would be a technical and weight improvement from my ping but I would rather keep using it than get a bag I’m not 100% in on. Until I got the bag boy it was my only bag for 25 years so I tend to hang onto stuff and I would like to carry again. The fact that at 25 years old with 1000’s of rounds and it is still in pretty good and functional shape is why I gravitate towards the Ping bags.

• Like 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

26 minutes ago, MikeW2 said:

I have a Ping L8 from 1995 with just the 4 way top dividers as my main bag. I also have a Bag Boy Chiller cart bag but I only find it ok on a riding cart and it definitely isn’t for carrying at all. The truth is that any bag I choose would be a technical and weight improvement from my ping but I would rather keep using it than get a bag I’m not 100% in on. Until I got the bag boy it was my only bag for 25 years so I tend to hang onto stuff and I would like to carry again. The fact that at 25 years old with 1000’s of rounds and it is still in pretty good and functional shape is why I gravitate towards the Ping bags.

Yeah man that’s amazing. I like the older Ping bags better than the new ones. I’ve been on the hunt for a pre-2018 Hoofer with a 5 way top for MONTHS and literally can’t find one anywhere. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Yeah man that’s amazing. I like the older Ping bags better than the new ones. I’ve been on the hunt for a pre-2018 Hoofer with a 5 way top for MONTHS and literally can’t find one anywhere. 

FWIW, I had a 2016 Hoofer 5 way that I really liked, as well as a 2017 4 Series.  I was also looking for a 2016/2017 Hoofer or 4 Series as I didn't initially like the look of the newer Hoofers (especially the 18/19s).  Once I got the 2020/2021 Hoofer Lite though, I realized how similar it is to the 16/17 bags.  The straps are a tad better on the new bags, otherwise they're very similar.  However I do prefer the 4 way to the 5 way, as I never really understand the need for the top 5 way, maybe I could see it on the bottom for my wedges.  Also, the 16/17 Hoofer had more pockets than the current Hoofer Lite, but I don't use a lot of pockets anyways.  If the 16/17 Hoofer pockets are what you liked, then I could totally see searching it out, it has some clever pockets within pockets going on.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

3 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

FWIW, I had a 2016 Hoofer 5 way that I really liked, as well as a 2017 4 Series.  I was also looking for a 2016/2017 Hoofer or 4 Series as I didn't initially like the look of the newer Hoofers (especially the 18/19s).  Once I got the 2020/2021 Hoofer Lite though, I realized how similar it is to the 16/17 bags.  The straps are a tad better on the new bags, otherwise they're very similar.  However I do prefer the 4 way to the 5 way, as I never really understand the need for the top 5 way, maybe I could see it on the bottom for my wedges.  Also, the 16/17 Hoofer had more pockets than the current Hoofer Lite, but I don't use a lot of pockets anyways.  If the 16/17 Hoofer pockets are what you liked, then I could totally see searching it out, it has some clever pockets within pockets going on.

I like the 5 way simply because I use a mallet putter and to me it’s easier having an individual slot for it. I’ll even throw a hybrid in that same slot and still find it easier than the 4 way. Minor detail. 

1 minute ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

I like the 5 way simply because I use a mallet putter and to me it’s easier having an individual slot for it. I’ll even throw a hybrid in that same slot and still find it easier than the 4 way. Minor detail. 

But good luck finding a regular Hoofer pre-2018.  Once in a while they’ll pop up on eBay but I’ve yet to find the color scheme I want and in a decent condition. 

9 minutes ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

I see.  I do the same thing actually, but use one of the middle slots (opposite the hip pad side).  My blade putter goes there.  I like the easy access since I'm grabbing that club every hole.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

1 hour ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

Anyone have first hand experience with the new Titleist Players 4 Plus bags?   Saw one in the store recently and was super impressed with the quality of the bag. 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

• GooseHook changed the title to Lightweight Stand Bags