APPLY NOW: Cobra King SpeedZone & King SpeedZone Xtreme Driver Testing! Test Both Drivers!

Nice! Love Cobra drivers. Would be really cool to compare the 2 heads.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? - 10.5 degrees, Stiff flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? - forgiveness + ballspeed comboDo you adjust your drivers after buying? - Yes. Not often but if needed due to swing change or issuesCurrent Driver Setup? - Big Bertha Fusion, 44.5", 9 degrees with Diamana Red stiffWere you fit for that driver? - nopeDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? - yep

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 degrees, matte black and white, stiff flex (Even Flow White T1100 65g s, 45"). If possible, I'd like to manipulate the weights to get a total head weight for each head of 206g. That would make each driver a perfect apples-to-apples comparison against my current gamer.What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Performance (considering both distance and dispersion), sound/feel, appearance/confidence in appearance, in that order.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes. Every driver is a little different, so it is important to get on a launch monitor and make sure you have that particular driver dialed in. My miss is a hook, so I play 10.5 degree heads because I prefer to lower loft and play with an open face angle as opposed to going up in loft and dealing with a closed face. I also like drivers with weights because it allows precision head/swing weighting without hot melting.Current Driver Setup? PXG 811x Gen2, 10.5 degrees, Even Flow White T1100 65g s, 45", 206g head weight, heavier weights back.Were you fit for that driver? Yes. Outdoor launch monitor fitting with PXG rep.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? I love talking and testing gear and I swing it right around 100 mph, so I feel like my game is a little more relatable to the average reader than some of these guys who swing a tx Hulk... It would be my pleasure to participate in the testing thread, provide feedback and reviews, answer questions and post high quality photos.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9.5 degree firm flex 44.5 inch shaft length What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Forgiveness - Distance - looksDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Epic Flash 9.5 - Kuro Kage Teni shaft 44.5 inch firm Were you fit for that driver? local shop Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Sure

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5, stiff flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? I'm generally looking for max distance, even if it means a bit less forgiveness. Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes, I will try various configurations until I settle on something.Current Driver Setup? Cobra Bio-Cell+ with stock red tie stiff shaftWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? I would want to test the 9* and X-flex shaft.What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? The biggest factors for me when purchasing a new driver if the performance and look of the driver. If it performs better than what I am currently using, I don't really have a problem switching,Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Not really, I tend to put them in the lowest loft and hit it from there. I am a pretty high speed player for less loft is better for me.Current Driver Setup? Ping G400 LST 8.5* with Diamana D+ 70 TXWere you fit for that driver? Yes I wasDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, absolutely. I own a FlightScope Xi so I can hit the 2 Cobra drivers as well as my driver on the launch monitor to compare the numbers.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 Degree with a X-stiff shaft What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Does the new driver go just as far or farther and just as forgiving as my current driver. Also it has to look pleasing to the eye when setup to the ball.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? SometimesCurrent Driver Setup? 9 degree Ping G400 w/ x-stiff shaftWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? YES!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 X flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? performance first, looks secondDo you adjust your drivers after buying? yes, small changes at times, like opening the face a click,Current Driver Setup? SIM MAX 9 degree w/ fuji ventus blue 6xWere you fit for that driver? No, I was fit for prior clubs and used knowledge from my past to self-fit.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!Thanks Golfwrx and Cobra, what an awesome giveaway!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Accuracy, feel, forgivenessDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 / Graphite Design AD-VR 5S Were you fit for that driver? Yes at Aloha Golf w/trackmanDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I would love too!

Current "Bag of Tricks"

Driver:  Callaway Maverik 10.5 "Tour Issue" Single Diamond w/Graphite Designs AD-VR5 S 

3W:  Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 6 S

Utility:  Taylormade GAPR 3 Low w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 95 S tipped 1"  

Irons:  Miura CB-301 4-PW, SHIMADA S-Shafts, ELITE grips

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey  SM6 F 52/12,      SM7 F 56/14,       SM6 M 60/08 Copper Lmt. Ed.

Putter:  Scotty Tei-22 Fastback 1.5   34"  

Ball:  Titleist Pro V 1X  

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 X flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? performance and sound/feelDo you adjust your drivers after buying? some timesCurrent Driver Setup? Titleist 915 D3, Rouge X, 8.75 loftWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 and R flex. What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Watching reviews to see how they compare to previous generation driversDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Shortened 1.5 and add 8g weight to the headCurrent Driver Setup? F9 with evenflow blue. Were you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 and StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Head feel and available shaft optionsDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Usually once or twice after determining ball flight trends over the few first rounds playing the driver.Current Driver Setup? Mizuno ST190 10 degree, Atmos Blue StiffWere you fit for that driver? No. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes. I have access to excellent outdoor practice facilities.

Ping G430 Max Ventus TR Red Velocore 6R
Titleist TSR 2 3wood Tensei S

Callaway Apex UW 21 Hazardous Smoke 5.5
Mizuno MP 243 5-GW C-Taper Lite R
Mizuno S23 51

Mizuno S22 54

Edel SMS 58
Toulon Daytona StrokeLab 35"

1. Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test: LEFT-HAND: Speedzone: 10.5*loft, Regular, Tensei AV 65 / Speedzone Xtreme: 10.5*loft, Regular, UST Helium 5

2.What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Can I shape my shot preferences (baby draw most of the time, and fade if needed)

3.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes, of course if they are adjustable.

4.Current Driver Setup? Callaway Epic Flash (10.5, Regular, Tensei AV Blue 65)Cleveland Launcher HB (10.5, Stiff, Tensei CK Blue 60)5.Were you fit for that driver? - For the Callaway, yes.

6.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, with swing analyzer comparison as well

GHIN Index 12.9
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 (Light)
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-AW, Recoil Dart 75 F3
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5 x flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? performanceDo you adjust your drivers after buying? yesCurrent Driver Setup? Ping g410 lst 10.5 hzrdus yellow 6.5Were you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course!!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 X flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Look at address and performance and soundDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Yes until I get it dialed in then only from time to time. Current Driver Setup? SIM Max 9 with speeder evo 3 661 XWere you fit for that driver? Yes Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

The Big Dog ~ G425 LST | AD UB 6x
The 3 Banger ~ Mavrik MAX | AD DI 7x
The 5 Banger ~ Mavrik SZ | Motore F3 7x

The Metal ~ T200 4-W
The Shovels ~ SM7 54, 58
Flatstick ~ Spider X Chalk Stability Tour

In a post below, answer the following:

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 Degree Extra StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Forgiveness/ Spin Control on MishitsDo you adjust your drivers after buying? Occasionally adjust loft / face angle Current Driver Setup? Mavrik SZ 9 adj to 10 with Hulk 6.5Were you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Titleist TSR4 Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X

Titleist TSi3 15 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 75X   

Callaway Apex UW 19 Project X HZRDUS RDX 80 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM9 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* X-flex 60gWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Forgiveness across the face Do you adjust your drivers after buying? Only on launch monitorCurrent Driver Setup? F9 Atmos Black 6XWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? x Stiff, 9* on bothWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? AccuracyDo you adjust your drivers after buying? NoCurrent Driver Setup? Ping G LS Tec Oban Devotion 05Were you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

WITB
TM SIM - 10.5
Ping G25 FW 15*
Ping G25 Hybrid 19*
JPX-900 Forged 4-GW Dynamic Gold X-100
Cleveland RTX-3 54, 58
Bettinardi SS28

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? Speedzone (black/white) 9.0 (x-stiff~70g) Xtreme (black/white) 9.0 (x-stiff ~70g)What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Accuracy, distance improvement (advancement in technology) appearanceDo you adjust your drivers after buying? usually decrease loft to sub 8degreeCurrent Driver Setup? Titleist TS3 8.5 project x hzrdus t1100 6.5 75gWere you fit for that driver? yesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? absolutely

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9* X FlexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? ControlDo you adjust your drivers after buying? yesCurrent driver setup? Srixon Z785 10.5 Tensei PO 70 TXWere you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9.5/StiffWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Feel and look.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? YESCurrent Driver Setup? Titlest 917 D2 Diamana ShaftWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes by all means, I would live the opportunity to help others.

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10.5What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Forgiveness and noticeable improvement in distanceDo you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Mavrik Max 10.5Were you fit for that driver? NoDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course!

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

I would like to test 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 Regular for both Cobra King SpeedZone and King SpeedZone Xtreme.

Biggest factor in buying a new driver is improving, improving accuracy, distance or consistency over my current driver.

I do adjust driver to tune ball flight and improve accuracy as my swing changes throughout a season.

Current driver is Titleist 917D2 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 Regular

I was not fit for the 917 I currently game

I will participate in ongoing testing thread, post reviews and provide high quality photos

9 degree X-StiffIt has to look good, and sound/feel good I adjust based on consistencies I see on course over the course of a few rounds Currently gaming a TS3 in 9.5 with a GD AD IZ 6XI fit myself for my driver Yes

Ping G410lst Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60TX

Titleist TS2 16.5 HZRDUS RDX Blue 80TX

Titleist 818H2 21 AD IZ 95X

Srixon ZX5 5-PW Project X 6.5

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw 48,52,56, Full face 60

Ping PLD Anser 2

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 9 or 10.5 in x flex in tour lengthWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? Appearance, ball flight, and mostly dispersionDo you adjust your drivers after buying? I try and find setting where i get the most comfortable ball flightCurrent Driver Setup? Mizuno ST190 with atmos ts black 6x playing at 44.5"Were you fit for that driver? Not professionally Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? 10.5* stiff. Performance (with my swing) is the biggest factor for me in purchasing a new driver.Do you adjust your drivers after buying? YesCurrent Driver Setup? Taylormade M3 10.5* with Fujikura Speeder Evolution IV 757 stiffWere you fit for that driver? YesDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

1) 9* X-Stiff

2) Dispersion, Distance, feel/sound (in that order)

3) I'm a tinkerer at heart, but try to leave it be once I've become comfortable with the club and found a rhythm on the course

4) PING G400 LST 8.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M5

5) No

6) Yes!

Thank you Cobra and GolfWRX for the opportunity!

TaylorMade SIM 8* - Aldila Rogue White 60TX

TaylorMade SIM 17* - Aldila Rogue White 70TX

PING G410 Crossover 19* - Project X 6.5

PING i210 4-U - Project X 6.5

PING Glide 3.0 54WS, 60SS - Project X 6.0

PXG One & Done

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test? 10 X flexWhat is the biggest factor in buying a new driver? looks and feelDo you adjust your drivers after buying? some timesCurrent Driver Setup? EPIC FLASH SZ 9 degree GD VRWere you fit for that driver? Yes, but by me. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course!!

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test?................10.5 Loft / Lite Flex (Testing for seniors) What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver?..........................Distance !Do you adjust your drivers after buying?....................Yes (If applicable)Current Driver Setup?......................Cleveland 10.5 Hibore XL with 45" "A" shaft Flex / Adams XTD 9* with 46" ® lite shaftWere you fit for that driver?.............Self fit from 50+ years of playing and club repairingDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos?................Yes

Loft and flex of the SpeedZone and SpeedZone Xtreme drivers you want to test?

RH 10.5*, White/Black, Aldila Rouge Silver 110 60 X Flex, -1/2" short, Lamkin Ace Crossline Cord Midsize grip +2 wraps

What is the biggest factor in buying a new driver?

Does it outperform my current driver

Do you adjust your drivers after buying?

Yes

Current Driver Setup?

TM M2 2017 9.5* set lower, Aldila Rouge Silver 110 70 X flex soft stepped, Lamkin Crossline fullcord meium grip + 2 wraps

Were you fit for that driver?

No

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos?

Yes