2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

There will be no unwanted distractions from a boorish player in tomorrow's round.

It's the home track with my best fellas at 10:30.

These guys.

It ought to be good.

I can guarantee one aspect that will surely will be good.  😜

The story of my true fiery redhead Christine begins shortly.

I need more wine. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

😁

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 1

I was on the op

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

at Catholic University 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Relivin

Edited by touch

So t

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Standings (through the 3M)

doctoro                                 132

jerebear                                132

greenemchn                         119

chuntsman                            114

Q                                            110

puttnf8                                  106

touch                                      90

NCLancer                               39

pete3putt                               21

For the last week (Next Week in Memphis) of our PGA Tour Picks contest I have added a twist. It's what I am calling.......

The Power Multiplier Play

And this is how it works. 

Only one of your Picks for the week is eligible. You call that pick you Pick X 2, Pick X 3, of Pick X 4. 

Your pick that has this designation will be worth 2, 3, or 4 times the standard point value. 

Example:   Touch selects Sergio Garcia and make him my Power M Play X 3.  If Sergio makes it into the top ten I would receive 9 points (the standard 3 points for a top 10 finish times three) Now also if Sergio missed the cut I would be minus 9 points for that pick. ( standard -3 for a missed cut times three).

You can make your Power Multiplier Pick up to 4 times the standard point value. This twist will give the player's not to far off of 1st place the option to wagering a bit larger and possibly going yard in the bottom of the 9th and winning the game.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Alice on golf.

4 things I learned about golf from Rockstar Alice Cooper

https://golf.com/gear/fully-equipped-4-things-i-learned-playing-golf-with-alice-cooper/

"More important to Cooper, seemingly, is the pure enjoyment of the sport and the time spent with people. It’s not about grinding over three-footers, it’s about embracing the connection that golf provides."

• Like 3

On 7/23/2021 at 12:07 AM, touch said:

This one is real.

I spill some stuff here because even though we have never met in person, a few of you I consider pretty close friends. Only in a digital life can this emotion can be experienced I suppose. 

I probably should have been getting a master's degree at one of the many fine Universities that one can find in the Washington metropolitan area, but no I chose to run in the fast lane for a decade and chase females instead during my D.C. daze. I abused cocaine for 8 years. I drank way too much vodka at this time as well. I had a DUI. I got clean finally but still had another fix that I wanted often. Women can be a drug too and one can become addicted to pursuing the opposite sex. I lived it. The find, the chase, and then the conquer, that was my game for decades. One achieves at least silver status automatically though when penning Penthouse letters because of this lifestyle. 😉

My past lifestyle has provided me with fond memories and sensational stories to tell when gabbing over drinks at the 19th hole, but am I not supposed to be playing toss with the grand kids in the back yard during my current place in life? Sometimes I think back and look at the the road that I selected and question if maybe I did it wrong. Possibly it's when one is right on the doorstep of 6 decades that he might pine for the experience of having three generations of family around him. I see it around me often and it appears to me to be a dear existence. 

****   Let me say first that I am forever grateful that Worth got much better during our family's time in St. Louis (1976-1980) . He rose up and got back on his feet. A Swedish company came calling and saw my dad's brilliance and made him their new chief of their US operations, of course this was near the heartbeat of defense, the Pentagon in Alexandria, Va. Worth knew everything about defense submarines besides trains and cars. Now do you guys get it? I was adopted so got none of this brilliant man's mind and that is obvious, but I did have him as the smartest dad in the neighborhood for years so that had to be beneficial for me in some way regarding childhood development I figure.  Hooray for my dad's experience that one might describe as being born again. To Worth who was a fervent Christian his entire existence that must have proved mighty sweet. Damn modest man my father. Prayers paid off for my dad from Des Moines , we moved to Washington DC and Worth garnered a generous salary once again. He did have to go to Sweden 5 times a year, but very much enjoyed his 3 week business trips to the land of the blondes. 

At my 25th HS reunion in St. Louis a few years back I was hanging with my main kats, the boys that had been a pack since our freshman year. We all smoked refer for the first time as a group,consumed  alcohol as rookies together, and got laid for the first time and compared notes.  

3 off us were golf team members from our sophomore year on. On the lawn of this beautiful suburban campus you have...... T the partner in a strong law firm downtown St. Louis . C the surgeon from Chicago, and TA who had started a very successful digital company in Los Angeles, and your commish , the hot shot waiter from Georgetown /DC and the Las Vegas Strip. 

On the grounds of a wonderful campus that I spent 6 glorious years I said to my boys...........

" I see you my brothers, all of you have been so successful and you have nice families around you. You have beautiful wives, great kids, second homes for summer or winter skiing fun. You drive MB's and  BMW's and have 911's in the garage for weekend toys. Hell I should have toed the line and gone with higher education instead of riding the circuit as a golf and girl expert. "

T the attorney and my closest HS friend turns to me and says.......

LP the grass is not always greener my friend. Being in the courtroom daily is nothing glorious let me tell you. Having a wife and a family is pretty normal stuff to most of us. I think I might trade though my last 25 years for yours LP. See you have lived the life many of us secretly envy. Your life is far more carefree and contains less responsibility than ours. You have lived all over the country and have had numerous hot women at your side. The surgeon at this time says aloud yes T is indeed onto something and he would probably trade for my existence too. Todd continues with.......You have had the extra time for doing what you wanted to do because you never had kids. You play a ton of golf on some of the finest courses all over the country. You by far have the best game now (we played two rounds that reunion weekend) and also look in the best health out of all of us.  And then Todd dropped the bomb.....  and besides LP you did get a degree in higher education, it obvious to us all that you have a PhD in street smarts." Todd had shown me an angle I had failed to see. 

So if I were asked if I could return to that fork in the road in the early 1980's might I have taken a different direction in a do over? I would answer that with no I would not. I played hard for many years and had a great deal of fun with numerous women. I have enjoyed living all over the country. It's been a very thrilling ride. 

graduation day May 1979 St.Louis 

L to R

LP, TA, Chi town Dr. , and my best friend Todd.

My sister wanted to see our thread where I talk about our family and occasionally put up some photos of the blonde looker.  After she read this one she emailed me her thoughts on it.............. I told you she was a smart gal.

Lisa Percival

Jul 26, 2021, 10:35 AM (21 hours ago)

I love this one Lar.  Very heartfelt, even though we all do it - you can’t look back.  No regrets, just move forward. Love you brother. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Time to send a TP5 soaring. 

Edited by touch

On 7/25/2021 at 11:14 PM, touch said:

I'm bringing in now a quote from the first page of this thread. Naw you have a lifetime membership here sir not to worry. We need Platts content.

Now have you and Mrs. NCL been playing any damn golf in this N Carolina heat? 

Thanks for asking LP! 

We've played 5 times this month, 4 at home in NY and this past Saturday here in Hillsborough... 

Visited the North Country from 7/2 to 7/14.  First time home since July '19 so it was nice to see family and friends "live" rather on a Zoom call. 

Played at Bluff Point in Plattsburgh along the shores of Lake Champlain (well at least one Par 3 is) with Mrs NCLancer, my cousin, and my Uncle who I believe to be in his mid 80's.  He's golfed his entire life and still plays a few times weekly and is a smooth swinger...not far but never in trouble.  Great fun and stories were shared. 

We spent a few days down in the Saratoga area and played with friends in a 4-person scramble at Pioneer Hills.  Friday was a practice round (rained hard after 12 holes) as we had never seen the course which being a Par 70 and just over 5500 yards looked rather benign.  However, upon playing we found the course's defenses:  very narrow, blind shots galore, and tricky greens!  Plus the previous day's rain along with an already wet course meant no roll in the fairways.  We had 47 players and if one person said they did not lose a ball I believe them to be either forgetful or a downright liar!

Our final round was back north in Altona.   2 trips around a "newer" 9 hole course built and managed by a local Native American tribe.  Greens and tee boxes were lush and the design is a nice mix of holes and strategies.  Appears as if some land is being moved for a 2nd 9.   We last played there after it first opened and the course has grown in nicely since then.  The highlight was Mrs NCLancer as she played nicely and beat me by 2 strokes!  The driver was my kryptonite that day.

Played our local course Occoneechee on Saturday.  Teed off about 3:45,  we normally walk it but it was too hot/muggy so we took a cart and buzzed around in 3 hours.  They were not busy and it felt nice to be so familiar with a course knowing every yardage, and every club pull was easy and confident.  Point and shoot...and hopefully it goes where you pictured.  Sometimes it even does!          

• Like 4

Funny boy.

Lefty's calves schooners!  

• Haha 3

So during my finishing holes today this monster bird kept doing maneuvers above, which was cool but distracting. Broadmoor is real close to the Asheville Airport. Buddy Peter brought a guy who just bought a summer cabin here last month. We welcomed Carlos his new neighbor to our game today. 

I like that many of us share our summer activities here on the thread. Coming off the course and peaking at my phone this afternoon I enjoyed seeing the photos of Chuntsman's family lake outing and reading of NCL's highlights from his trip to upstate New York. 

In a bit I will let you know how my day went in a brief recap. It was hot out there (90*). I was anything but hot.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

More fun from Phil. This is good. 

Harry Higgs tries to set up a money game with Phil Mickelson, walks into hilarious self-own in the process

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/harry-higgs-money-game-phil-mickelson-hilarious-self-own-pga-tour?itm_source=parsely-api

Just now I was looking through our what's happening Asheville local indy newpaper the Mountain Xpress. H

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

AXE WOMEN - Logrite.com - LogRite Tools LLC

Urban Axe Throwing - Knife and Axe Throwing in HertsTwo Axe-Throwing Venues Open in Denver | Westword

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

So Peter learned that his new summertime neighbor up in the cabins of Marshall, NC loved to play golf. Carlos was from Jupiter, FLA. He was born and raised in Columbia. He went after college to Miami. He is now in Palm Beach county. He is in corporate telecommunications.  He has played in leagues all over south Florida for 20 years. His first wife he told me left him because he was so consumed with golf all weekend long. He said he knew he was overdoing it but was addicted. (tell us brother, we know the addiction is real). Carlos married for the second time a golf loving woman. The two of them play regularly. I forgot the club he said he belonged to in Palm Beach County. He and his wife plan to escape South Florida during the summer months to their newly purchased mountain cabin north of Asheville.   

Pete told Carlos that he had to meet and play with his good golfer friend LP if he wanted to get into some groups with decent players around Asheville. He also told him I'm the player who cracks the group up, smokes weed, and takes a bunch of pictures while posting often the best scores.

Carlos is a 5 cap. He made a great first impression when we met on the putting green. It had been some time since I was last on a golf course, but this was Broadmoor and I felt ready. I wanted to compete but failed miserably.

I hit the fairway and green on one and made par but it got ugly soon after.

On hole 2 - 189 yard par 3  I didn't have a enough club and left it in the face of the front bunker. I bladed that sand shot clear over the green and into the cabbage. Double 5 on the second. It only got worse. I made simple mistakes all over the place. Even my chipping was off. LP was rusty. I made par only on 1 and number 9. I made the turn at 8 (damn that number lol) over. Mr. South Florida showed us all he could play. First time on the course and he was 2 over at the turn. Carlos hit the best looking tight draw drives all day. I explained to him on all the tee boxes how to best play the hole. I would provide him with the ideal line to find with driver, Carlos only missed one advised line all day. USEFUL driving ability this guy. It was a real joy to watch. I told him on the 10th tee that I am sorry as I seemingly can't find my game today.

I made par on 10 and then followed that one with 7 more in a row. Hooray I righted the Banshee a bit. Were it not for the I am so weary from the 90* heat missed 3 footer on 18 that resulted in a three jack bogey I would have shot all pars on the back 9. Now if I were to include the par I made on hole # 9 (my nemesis hole) that was indeed nine solid pars in a row for the Poults looking fella in purple. Carlos posted a 77. I did not pose any threat to the newbie in the group as I stumbled mightily on my front 9. As the afternoon got very warm I did improve. I saved a little face in the end. I so welcome Carlos to my circle of Asheville golf buddies. He will bring better play out of me.  Carlos possesses a fine golf game. 

I enjoyed reading that Alice Cooper article this morning. He has loved his golfers life the Phoenix desert for decades.  It is easy to be fond of life in Maricopa County, Az. I took one of his messages as (in commish's words) ...........

Scores on the day are not of that much importance. It is more about the experience you had with the fellas for hours.

Today I had the experience of playing with a guy for the first time that I knew after a few holes that I would enjoy competing against many times in the future. We have pretty similar games and similar golf demeanors. 

I look forward to playing with the Floridian again before too long. Carlos welcome to Asheville, it was a pleasure meeting and playing with you sir. You will love golfing in these mountains, it has to be such a welcome break from summertime in Florida. 

Commish was completely roasted out there by the hazy, hot, and humid 90* late July conditions.

Commish was also roasted by the new comer Columbian Mr. Carlos. 

good times 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

For the last week (Next Week in Memphis) of our PGA Tour Picks contest I have added a twist. It's what I am calling.......

Only one of your Picks for the week is eligible. You call that pick you Pick X 2, Pick X 3, of Pick X 4. 

Your pick that has this designation will be worth 2, 3, or 4 times the standard point value. 

Example:   Touch selects Sergio Garcia and make him my Power M Play X 3.  If Sergio makes it into the top ten I would receive 9 points (the standard 3 points for a top 10 finish times three) Now also if Sergio missed the cut I would be minus 9 points for that pick. ( standard -3 for a missed cut times three).

You can make your Power Multiplier Pick up to 4 times the standard point value. This twist will give the player's not too far off of 1st place the option to wager a bit larger and possibly going yard in the bottom of the 9th and winning the game.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

We have it hot here in the mountains. Today once again it hit 90* in Asheville. The nineties are to stay through Saturday.

Broadmoor News day 2

I played better. Less rust. Driver still not back to consistent. I finished my round and thanked my putter. I hit greens a plenty but most times I was fairly far from the cup. It didn't matter because all day from 30 to 50 feet, be it uphill or d own, a left bender or a right slider, my first putt finished snug. I didn't mess up a single one. No three putts. I did make one birdie putt from 10 feet. 

I consumed lots of water and Gatorade, nibbled on turkey and protein bars, applied lots of sunscreen, incessantly toweled off my face, and had a fine time with the fellas today.  I shot 77.  My long stretch of days off has concluded. I got two rounds in and found a wee bit of solid golf.

Back to tending to other golfer's needs. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Doc just sent me this.

In Vegas of course. Pretty swing, pretty golfer gal.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CReotU8CY9S/?utm_medium=share_sheet&fbclid=IwAR21Ca9upefhXNYO8MdWjGPY6SxYPPyw_QyfvSRT6C5umqoXUDP6fQb9xc8

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Can we enter her lovely calves in the Lefty Amstel Deal?    

You can make your Power Multiplier Pick up to 4 times the standard point value. This twist will give the player's not too far off of 1st place the option to wager a bit larger and possibly going yard in the bottom of the 9th and winning the game.

Edited by touch

So in truth, no entity is a monolith of evil, and sometimes entities which do not generally act in the public good outdo themselves for the sake of the environment/people.  And when they have been publicly called out, their good deeds should also not go unrecognized.  This is a long article about our southwest corner of MT which is probably one of our most recognizable rivers given the numbers of folks who fly into Bozeman and then drive down the "pristine" valley to YNP.  I can hear them now coming from ATL, NYC, Chicago, Boston, etc.  "See kids, this is America!  Look at the natural beauty!"

Well, this long article indicates those long drives could sound a lot different in the not too far future as there are huge developments of million dollar one bedrooms going up in the watershed, and frankly, those people defecate and we all know what poop does... it rolls downhill.  So here is a very in-depth article about the crisis.  And look at the Yellowstone Club, spending a lot of money to get that water away from the river.  Good on them I say, and they should be lauded for their efforts.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/montana-gallatin-river-big-sky-development_n_60fb0bcfe4b0d2a22d4b1a34?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Top news%3A&utm_campaign=ATF Daily&fbclid=IwAR1wIbSeul8AALGnq6u1aNRgNGFbanAi_IY8esOKwINB8r7Mbk2njgVJN50

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, touch said:

We have it hot here in the mountains. Today once again it hit 90* in Asheville. The nineties are to stay through Saturday.

Broadmoor News day 2

I played better. Less rust. Driver still not back to consistent. I finished my round and thanked my putter. I hit greens a plenty but most times I was fairly far from the cup. It didn't matter because all day from 30 to 50 feet, be it uphill or d own, a left bender or a right slider, my first putt finished snug. I didn't mess up a single one. No three putts. I did make one birdie putt from 10 feet. 

I consumed lots of water and Gatorade, nibbled on turkey and protein bars, applied lots of sunscreen, incessantly toweled off my face, and had a fine time with the fellas today.  I shot 77.  My long stretch of days off has concluded. I got two rounds in and found a wee bit of solid golf.

Back to tending to other golfer's needs. 

Broadmoor #8 .jpg

Its suppose to be 97 on the lake today.  Your boy bagged (4) fish this morning. They weren’t huge but we didn’t get skunked. I caught 4 and one got off at the boat. Father in law caught 3 and had two get off. Pics to follow later. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

So in truth, no entity is a monolith of evil, and sometimes entities which do not generally act in the public good outdo themselves for the sake of the environment/people.  And when they have been publicly called out, their good deeds should also not go unrecognized.  This is a long article about our southwest corner of MT which is probably one of our most recognizable rivers given the numbers of folks who fly into Bozeman and then drive down the "pristine" valley to YNP.  I can hear them now coming from ATL, NYC, Chicago, Boston, etc.  "See kids, this is America!  Look at the natural beauty!"

Well, this long article indicates those long drives could sound a lot different in the not too far future as there are huge developments of million dollar one bedrooms going up in the watershed, and frankly, those people defecate and we all know what poop does... it rolls downhill.  So here is a very in-depth article about the crisis.  And look at the Yellowstone Club, spending a lot of money to get that water away from the river.  Good on them I say, and they should be lauded for their efforts.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/montana-gallatin-river-big-sky-development_n_60fb0bcfe4b0d2a22d4b1a34?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Top news%3A&utm_campaign=ATF Daily&fbclid=IwAR1wIbSeul8AALGnq6u1aNRgNGFbanAi_IY8esOKwINB8r7Mbk2njgVJN50

Effluent water used to make snow that the affluent home owner's must ski upon? How gauche. When the lady of the house loses her balance and falls onto the snow does the treated water cause unsightly discoloration to her $1000 Bogner white parka? LOL

I knew about using such water on golf courses as that practice has been prevalent in the desert southwest since I lived there, but I had no idea it was used out of snow guns. 

The growth in your area has definitely changed the water/river landscape in that region as that in depth article stated. That video of the river that leads off the story (besides the green growth) once again shows the beauty that is Montana. Perhaps the new SepticNet and its' technology will assist in improving the situation. I can only imagine how the growth and the new issues that the growth has brought on has saddened and maddened you. I am up to speed now because of that insightful article that you posted. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

For the history buff in these parts. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Starting just after lunch the constant hand watering of the greens by our grounds crew begins. 93 degrees here today and tomorrow. Can't let our beauties over cook. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic