2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

For the last week of our PGA Tour Picks contest I have added a twist. It's what I am calling.......

The Power Multiplier Play

And this is how it works. 

Only one of your Picks for the week is eligible. You call that pick you Pick X 2, Pick X 3, of Pick X 4. 

Your pick that has this designation will be worth 2, 3, or 4 times the standard point value. 

Example:   Touch selects Sergio Garcia and make him my Power M Play X 3.  If Sergio makes it into the top ten I would receive 9 points (the standard 3 points for a top 10 finish times three) Now also if Sergio missed the cut I would be minus 9 points for that pick. ( standard -3 for a missed cut times three).

You can make your Power Multiplier Pick up to 4 times the standard point value. This twist will give the player's not to far off of 1st place the option to wagering a bit larger and possibly going yard in the bottom of the 9th and winning the game.

I like what I came up with. Does this seem decent and fair?  Please voice your thoughts.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

It is now time for me to finish that damn sailing date story.

This is a partial as I don't know if I will be on later.  Just finished eating and gonna hit the showers after a long tough day of laundry. Then its soccer and USA plays second game for all you fanatical fans. 

D.J.             MC              -3

T. Finau      T28    -7     +1

The Mav.     Maverick McNealy currently    T17   -9     +2  thru 12 holes.  update just DB'd. 

And the wicked Saaax scored 5 in bottom of 8th to beat the Stankies 5-4 and take 3/4. 

Edited by Qqq123xx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

3 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

This is a partial as I don't know if I will be on later.  Just finished eating and gonna hit the showers after a long tough day of laundry. Then its soccer and USA plays second game for all you fanatical fans. 

D.J.             MC              -3

T. Finau      T28    -7     +1

The Mav.     Maverick McNealy currently    T5   -11     +5  thru 12 holes. 

And the wicked Saaax scored 5 in bottom of 8th to beat the Stankies 5-4 and take 3/4. 

How many rbi's did NOMAAAA get? 😃

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, touch said:

It is now time for me to finish that damn sailing date story.

Ohhh it's still a float.....  

0637fd8fcd22bc3ea4cd8ff63ddbc7ce.jpg

28erhm.jpg

very-interesting-do-continue-imgflip-com-tell-me-more-memes-52267169.png

Edited by Qqq123xx
  • Haha 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

3 minutes ago, touch said:

How many rbi's did NOMAAAA get? 😃

Just watching that guys pre swing ritual for years almost put me in the loony bin. 

• Haha 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

For practice it was sunny, humid, and a hot 87* this afternoon in the land with over 45 breweries. 

I just got home from the range. I have not touched a club in 12 days. That is forever for me and probably the longest lay off since bad weather in late winter/early spring. My abs and upper back muscles were getting soft. Could I deliver the club face square to the back of the ball and send a shot onward with optimum trajectory headed to my intended target with some of the ease I was experiencing a few weeks back?  B+ on the report card. I paced myself with only 20 shots and then a break for fluids and rest. I did this multiple times. I applied some aerosol sunblock on the soil under the remaining spikes often. I found excellent balance and rhythm. I flushed many. The driver started out with a tad too much fade but I got it back to rockets down the middle.  I did some inside 50 yards wedge work for 40 minutes. I went back to my spot on the range after 2 hours of practice and young man approached me. He was most polite and a soft spoken young man in his mid 20's. Saoul was nervous as he approached. 

" pardon me sir but may I ask you a question? I looks to me like you know this game pretty well," he added, then he paid me a nice compliment on my swing.  

" Tempo, it's all about Tempo!" and " Hi I'm Lawrence but LP is better."  I told him to step right up and asked how I might help. Saoul had a questions about ball position and how much shaft lean / his hands position at address. I asked him how long he had been in the game. Self taught by Youtube videos in his second year. I am now running into young men on the range far more often that are starting the game this way. Man I go all the way back to the metal spikes and blades only days of golf in the 1970's, this video instruction in the palm of one's hand is trippy. It really helps that you can grab real good video's with smart phones and see instant results right on the range. I especially liked the potential this kid showed. He asked me to show him how to hit those wedge shots that he had witnessed me doing during my short game practice session. We worked on 50 yards and in for 30 minutes. I had him hitting pitches more consistently. I took him down to the flat practice green and we did some 7 iron bumps. We did almost everything but putt. This young man was a willing sponge for the golf speak LP was spewing out. His interest level said to me here's one who will put in the time to practice and see improvement. I tell them it looks so easy but it is way far from that. I also remind them when they see my golf swing and my short game ability that they are witnessing 40 years of practice, lessons, and playing. Could he have gotten out of the gate with a fairly decently golf swing with nothing but his viewing of You tube golf instruction? Seems so. Sauol was very appreciative that I took so much time with him. I told him that I am at the range twice a week at various times and should he see me and need help say hey.  I explained to him what a beneficial practice session was so he'd do just that in his effort to shoot lower scores. As I have said often I was that 20 something lad hungry for all the serious golf knowledge from actual golfers that I could snag, and there were numerous 50-60 year old men that stepped up and greatly assisted me in bettering my swing and playing much better golf rather quickly.

It takes practice. I have always enjoyed practice. Heck practice is still GOLF! 

I had a special time out there today gents.

On the range I witnessed that I quickly dusted off any rust from my being away from the game. That practice session will give me confidence for the week. Tomorrow starts 3 days in a row playing. Staying local with the Chief's land tomorrow and then it's back to back home track rounds at Broadmoor. 

Grow the game and give back if you have the time. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Just a nibble of food and a few more swigs of wine, then the one who really does not like typing will set sail with his buxom ginger. I just wanted to share first my fine afternoon on the range.

I'm telling you that the Christine the Red Fox story I'm delivering next week will far surpass tonight's conclusion and be for sure the one that brings the most cheers.  

Advanced tickets now on sale.  

But we need to know how the sailing date went. I know, and I am on it. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

fSexy Stoner GIFS | StonerdaysSexy Stoner GIFS | Stonerdays

😆  smoke'n it and telling tales y'all !  

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

Don't forget the liquids.

Prankme buildup GIF - Find on GIFER

Animated gif in ♥The vampire diaries ♥ collection by † Loredana †

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Louie with a T2 this week....very sweet. I will do my math for the week tomorrow. It's a bye week anyhow. I have other work to do on the keyboard.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 10:40 PM, touch said:

I picked up Kate about 9 AM. She was wearing some shorts and a V necked t-shirt that obviously were being worn over a bikini. Kate's best curves were on display and I like that.  Her complexion was rather pale yet it had some summer sun kissed goodness to it. There were abundant sexy freckles on her bounteous chest. I had the cooler packed for us with champagne(Moet White Star), grapes, brie, toasted almonds, and Carr's crackers. Blankets and towels were also packed. We were off to the marina to pick up the Banshee and then drive to Sandy Point, Maryland. Kate was very excited to go sailing for the first time. 

We spun around the 495 Beltway and headed for the Chesapeake Bay shoreline with the Banshee behind us on it's lightweight trailer. I swear that trailer got airborne each time we went over uneven pavement. Kate might have been enjoying a road soda or two as we made the one hour trip. As we pulled into Sandy Point (my first time there) we saw the place was very crowed with large groups picnicking. It was a predominantly black crowd. I did not need a boat ramp to launch my sailboat as long as there was a flat surfaced ample sized beach to use because Worth had created a contraption that fit in the centerboard's slot under the hull that had an axle and two 10' inch wheels on the ends. This wheelie thing allowed me to push the boat along with the help of another person to the water's edge. So I parked the car and trailer in a spot were we would have the shortest distance to take the Banshee to water. The rigging of the Banshee took about 45 minutes. During this time we snacked on the cheese and crackers and drank champagne. I was asked to cover the back side of Kate top to bottom with sunscreen. Kate had taken off her cover up top and now was in her bikini. As I took my time applying a ever so even coat of banana scented cream I witnessed many of the male picnic goers around me ogling. Rubbing in the lotion can turn a Captain on and it then can distract him from his duties of rigging the sailboat. I wondered if skipping the sail and ducking into the woods right then would be a little fast and too forward ?   Once the ginger had her skin protection I finished up all that was need before we pushed it towards the water. How we launched from the beach was as soon as the boat was buoyant Kate climbed in. Then I wadded out pushing boat and babe until I was waist deep in the warm brackish water. Blue crabs nipped at your toes as you trudged through the slimy  bottom. No where near clear Michigan lake sailing I thought.  I remember just getting ready to lift myself in and then I was hit. I had some severe instant killer pain take over. A jellyfish had found it's way up my trunks and stung me directly in the ol' swazola. So here I am clinging to the edge of the boat as we floated out. I was filled with intense pain shooting up my inner legs. I wondered if I might be going into shock. I summonsed the energy and climbed in with Kate and frantically paddled us in. It maybe took 10 minutes to reach the beach. As I paddled Kate to the shore I explained that something bit my unit underwater just as I was going to jump in the boat and the bite had caused bad pain. Yes there my lady friend I am telling you the truth. When I got out of the boat I doubled over. Some older woman came over to me and asked " child did you get stung by a jellyfish?" Then she added "there are a bunch of them out there off that beach. Come over to my picnic table as I have something to help you. " So I followed the lady that seemed to come quick to my aid and appeared to know what she was doing. When we got to her crowed table she began to shuffle items around. It was filled with fried chicken and ribs with all the sides, big bottles of soda in bright colors of purple and orange, and chips galore.

Mrs. Kind shouts " where is the damn meat tenderizer Deshawn?" The powder in a spice bottle was found. 

"now where on your leg did ya get stung? she asked.

GULP 

"Mam I got *****ed on my *****." 

Well get it clean and put this stuff on it she insisted. Hey Kate how is that smooth sail on the Chesapeake Bay going right now? 

"what I got to go dry rub the tenderloin to remove the venom? jeeeesh!" I was in pain and this was a damn embarrassing preDICament. I said f*C* the wash and just went kind off to the side and dropped trou. I put McCormick's finest meat softener on my schwanz. I bet 10 folks had a front row seats to my member show including Kate. I thanked the lady for all her help and Kate and I went back to the car. I rested and drank plentiful water in an effort to flush it out. Eventually I got up the energy to tear down the Banshee, put her on her trailer, and pack all things up. I asked Kate to drive home as my right leg was pretty numb. It was her first time pulling a trailer, but as I said it is so light the driver does not even know it is there. Kate did fine getting us home to Alexandria, Va.

I never went out with Kate the curvaceous and generous in all the right spots ginger again. I like to think that it was due to the fact that I put her through a lot of drama when we were just supposed to have a peaceful sail upon the water. Most of my buddies say that the fact that Kate never came calling again was that I had the stage and the moment was set, but when the swim trunks came down the audience saw a mini marshmallow. 

Novant Health says...

Another treatment that you may have heard of is meat tenderizer. Jellyfish venom is protein-based and the papain enzyme in meat tenderizer breaks down those proteins, helping decrease the itching and burning. While this works, it is better to treat the jellyfish sting before it reaches this point.

Would you just look at this beautiful jellyfish - The Verge

Angela B. Pan Photography - sandy point state park, bay bridge, maryland | State  parks, Sandy point state park maryland, Bay bridge

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/jellyfish-stings/symptoms-causes/syc-20353284

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

ogle

verb
\ ˈō-gəl  also ˈä-, sometimes ˈü- \
ogled; ogling\ ˈō-g(ə-)liŋ  also  ˈä- , sometimes  ˈü- \

Definition of ogle

(Entry 1 of 2)

intransitive verb

: to glance with amorous invitation or challenge

amorous

adjective
am·o·rous | \ ˈa-mə-rəs  , ˈam-rəs \

Definition of amorous

1: strongly moved by love and especially sexual love amorous couples
2: being in love : ENAMORED usually used with of amorous of the girl
a: indicative of love received amorous glances from her partner
b: of or relating to love

Sorry to let you down.

Next week I 'll hit closer to a "Letter's to Penthouse" feel when I tell a bit about a ginger that I did have a real sustained relationship with for almost a year.

Christine the Catholic lived in the District proper.

💥

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

For me it's all about these stories coming out of the Olympics. This is special.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tokyo-olympics-anastasija-zolotic-first-us-gold-womens-taekwondo/

• Like 2

On 8/30/2020 at 5:31 PM, NCLancer said:

Hey you forgot me...

I'm bringing in now a quote from the first page of this thread. Naw you have a lifetime membership here sir not to worry. We need Platts content.

Now have you and Mrs. NCL been playing any damn golf in this N Carolina heat? 

Edited by touch

He who takes Louie wins.   Congratulations are going out to our Doctoro.

He won the week with +7 points and in doing so pulls into a tie for the lead. Doc's team was Louie, Sergio, and the Wolff man.  Nice work sir.

WFMU: Dark Night of the Soul with Julie: Playlist from February 29, 2020

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It was a pretty poor showing for many this week in the 3M. 

Records from Twin Cities.

Doctoro                         +7

pete3putt                      +3

touch                             +3

chuntsman                    +3

Qqq                              ZERO

puttnfr8                         -1

jerebear                         -1

greenemchn                  -1

NCLancer                      -5

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Standings (through the 3M)

doctoro                                 132

jerebear                                132

greenemchn                         119

chuntsman                            114

Q                                            110

puttnf8                                  106

touch                                      90

NCLancer                               39

pete3putt                               21

• Like 1

It was a long weekend of tournament golf.  Lots of golf, some good, some bad, but lots of nonetheless.  Last year we won our flight, this year not so much, but we weren't DFL either so that was a plus.

It started out badly for us, then got a little worse, and then got a little better.  And mind you, I enjoy golf as much as the next guy, but I don't really care.  If that makes sense, I absolutely want to play my best but win or lose isn't the purpose of it.  It is an exercise to try and compete.  So what was bad, it was the pairings.  Some people simply aren't fun.  And while there were no scuffles, blow ups, or gotcha moments, it wasn't until the third day when we played with nice enough guys and not surprisingly, my partner and I made an OK move.  It wasn't earth shattering but we certainly went from not competing to actually being in it.

One thing I will say, my partner is not a technical golfer.  I have to work pretty hard to maintain at my age and medical deficiencies.  He just walks over the ball and stripes it.  So being able to watch that for a few days was fantastic.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, touch said:

We spun around the 495 Beltway and headed for the Chesapeake Bay shoreline with the Banshee behind us on it's lightweight trailer. I swear that trailer got airborne each time we went over uneven pavement. Kate might have been enjoying a road soda or two as we made the one hour trip. As we pulled into Sandy Point (my first time there) we saw the place was very crowed with large groups picnicking. It was a predominantly black crowd. I did not need a boat ramp to launch my sailboat as long as there was a flat surfaced ample sized beach to use because Worth had created a contraption that fit in the centerboard's slot under the hull that had an axle and two 10' inch wheels on the ends. This wheelie thing allowed me to push the boat along with the help of another person to the water's edge. So I parked the car and trailer in a spot were we would have the shortest distance to take the Banshee to water. The rigging of the Banshee took about 45 minutes. During this time we snacked on the cheese and crackers and drank champagne. I was asked to cover the back side of Kate top to bottom with sunscreen. Kate had taken off her cover up top and now was in her bikini. As I took my time applying a ever so even coat of banana scented cream I witnessed many of the male picnic goers around me ogling. Rubbing in the lotion can turn a Captain on and it then can distract him from his duties of rigging the sailboat. I wondered if skipping the sail and ducking into the woods right then would be a little fast and too forward ?   Once the ginger had her skin protection I finished up all that was need before we pushed it towards the water. How we launched from the beach was as soon as the boat was buoyant Kate climbed in. Then I wadded out pushing boat and babe until I was waist deep in the warm brackish water. Blue crabs nipped at your toes as you trudged through the slimy  bottom. No where near clear Michigan lake sailing I thought.  I remember just getting ready to lift myself in and then I was hit. I had some severe instant killer pain take over. A jellyfish had found it's way up my trunks and stung me directly in the ol' swazola. So here I am clinging to the edge of the boat as we floated out. I was filled with intense pain shooting up my inner legs. I wondered if I might be going into shock. I summonsed the energy and climbed in with Kate and frantically paddled us in. It maybe took 10 minutes to reach the beach. As I paddled Kate to the shore I explained that something bit my unit underwater just as I was going to jump in the boat and the bite had caused bad pain. Yes there my lady friend I am telling you the truth. When I got out of the boat I doubled over. Some older woman came over to me and asked " child did you get stung by a jellyfish?" Then she added "there are a bunch of them out there off that beach. Come over to my picnic table as I have something to help you. " So I followed the lady that seemed to come quick to my aid and appeared to know what she was doing. When we got to her crowed table she began to shuffle items around. It was filled with fried chicken and ribs with all the sides, big bottles of soda in bright colors of purple and orange, and chips galore.

Mrs. Kind shouts " where is the damn meat tenderizer Deshawn?" The powder in a spice bottle was found. 

"now where on your leg did ya get stung? she asked.

GULP 

"Mam I got *****ed on my *****." 

Well get it clean and put this stuff on it she insisted. Hey Kate how is that smooth sail on the Chesapeake Bay going right now? 

"what I got to go dry rub the tenderloin to remove the venom? jeeeesh!" I was in pain and this was a damn embarrassing preDICament. I said f*C* the wash and just went kind off to the side and dropped trou. I put McCormick's finest meat softener on my schwanz. I bet 10 folks had a front row seats to my member show including Kate. I thanked the lady for all her help and Kate and I went back to the car. I rested and drank plentiful water in an effort to flush it out. Eventually I got up the energy to tear down the Banshee, put her on her trailer, and pack all things up. I asked Kate to drive home as my right leg was pretty numb. It was her first time pulling a trailer, but as I said it is so light the driver does not even know it is there. Kate did fine getting us home to Alexandria, Va.

I never went out with Kate the curvaceous and generous in all the right spots ginger again. I like to think that it was due to the fact that I put her through a lot of drama when we were just supposed to have a peaceful sail upon the water. Most of my buddies say that the fact that Kate never came calling again was that I had the stage and the moment was set, but when the swim trunks came down the audience saw a mini marshmallow. 

Novant Health says...

Another treatment that you may have heard of is meat tenderizer. Jellyfish venom is protein-based and the papain enzyme in meat tenderizer breaks down those proteins, helping decrease the itching and burning. While this works, it is better to treat the jellyfish sting before it reaches this point.

Would you just look at this beautiful jellyfish - The Verge

Angela B. Pan Photography - sandy point state park, bay bridge, maryland | State  parks, Sandy point state park maryland, Bay bridge

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/jellyfish-stings/symptoms-causes/syc-20353284

Not the way I thought this was going to go...

image.jpeg.0aa81e331ded7d770fa9d3c6e579968b.jpeg

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Not the way I thought this was going to go...

image.jpeg.0aa81e331ded7d770fa9d3c6e579968b.jpeg

And the entire time I was postponing the conclusion to the story I knew y'all would find the ending unexpected.

Tonight after golf I shall redeem myself and start part 1 of Christine. You will enjoy this babble better NCL.

I decided to not play today as I ended up assisting with the  golf camp for kids at Broadmoor, and giving a lesson to two retired friends.

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, touch said:

And the entire time I was postponing the conclusion to the story I new y'all would find the ending unexpected.

Tonight after golf I shall redeem myself and start part 1 of Christine. You will enjoy this babble better NCL.

I decided to not play today as I ended up assisting with the  golf camp for kids at Broadmoor, and giving a lesson to two retired friends.

One item of confusion for me.  Generally, when a person is stung the affected area tends to swell up.  So I really have to wonder what the willy started at, do you think this young woman was able to extrapolate?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

One item of confusion for me.  Generally, when a person is stung the affected area tends to swell up.  So I really have to wonder what the willy started at, do you think this young woman was able to extrapolate?

The Commish, aka,  Zippy the Zeppelin. 

• Haha 3

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

2 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Besides the burning stinging soreness on the tip of my piston there was visual redness and some other discoloration. I did not experience any lengthening nor increase in girth due to the creatures sting. I can imagine that if I was indeed experiencing some swelling and it became a larger unit I probably would have had some better reviews from the audience around Mrs. Jackson's picnic table. It just wasn't meant to be, instead boo's came over the crowd when the cornichon was revealed.  

Now before that Maryland jellyfish got the best of me remember I was asked to assist Kate with the application of sunscreen to her backside. That part of the date might have produced some swelling.  

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic