KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

2 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I’m very aggressive in my transition.  That’s why I had the push fade on the 3 wood.  Just had to work out the timing.  

Do you have to have a separate "timed swing" for hitting a driver with this shaft versus your other clubs??

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

I think anytime you switch shafts it takes a little bit to get used to it and also play around with ball position to find the best windows for yourself.  I try and go by feel as much as I can as I’m a feel player.  When I hit wedges for distances I play a sort of clock but I also feel how fast I’m going to come through, if it will be high or low, etc.  same with most of my lower lofted irons.  So once I’ve figured out how the shaft works and I time it up I’m good with it.  I think that was why I could switch from the AutoFlex to the Ventus Black when I was testing side by side.  

Edited by My2Dogs

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

10 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

I think anytime you switch shafts it takes a little bit to get used to it and also play around with ball position to find the best windows for yourself.  I try and go by feel as. UCB as I can as I’m a feel player.  When I hit wedges for distances I play a sort of clock but I also feel how fast I’m going to come through, if it will be high or low, etc.  same with most of my lower lofted irons.  So once I’ve figured out how the shaft works and I time it up I’m good with it.  I think that was why I could switch from the AutoFlex to the Ventus Black when I was testing side by side.  

Sent you a PM

On 12/12/2020 at 2:12 AM, pinhigh27 said:

the shot at 38 min in the latest video where he has 183 ball speed, 15 launch 1447 spin would fly 318 per flightscope, not 360. 42 yard difference. He is never hitting it 390 in real life unless in a hurricane 

It seems as though you believe in Flightscope's online numbers more than other algorithms.  If that is the case, why is it that you believe Flightscope's numbers?

One thing it doesn't take into account is temp - which can be a major factor as you likely know.

Edited by MysteryV
Edited to change tone of phrasing

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

56 minutes ago, 1s1k said:

So I was finally able to get to the range to give this a go.  Cliff notes. This thing is absolutely legit!!

Old setup: SIM MAX 9* turned down to 8.75* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution I 757 X flex at 45.5”. I’ve played this shaft since the M1. 

New setup: SIM 8* straight in w/ Autoflex SF505X at full length. Measured 46.75” to end of grip.  Replaced 10g sliding weight with a 3g. 

I would say I swing pretty hard with an aggressive transition. 115-118mph speed.  I like to go after it at 44 years old and in good health. 

I’ve gone to the same driving range for years and know exactly how far I hit my driver with their range balls. A very well struck driver two hops to the end of the range where there is a 20’ net or so that has trees lined directly behind it.  

I took a few swings with the AutoFlex and they were basically very high but carried my usual distance. I felt like I needed to have a smooth takeaway which in turn would make me put a better swing on the ball.  I can get a little too quick and the result is a exit stage left duck hook.  So taking the club back thinking smooth with a little smoother transition and then swing as hard as I want and the results were ridiculous!!!  I was carrying the net and putting the balls into the trees.  I was laughing at this!!!  I’m trying not to sound gimmicky but in my 30+ years of playing golf I’ve never seen anything like this. It just feels super fast and the ball definitely feels faster coming off the face. 

The worst part about this is I’m probably done for the season and won’t be playing till March.  On Wednesday we’re supposed to be getting 20” of snow!!  Lol. Yes 20!!!  FML

Below is a pic after hitting approximately 30 balls.  C0229CE6-FE73-48FD-9A24-75416D978167.jpeg.2233585cc2d7325c170f5c247734eafd.jpeg 

Love to hear it!  Eagerly awaiting mine.  Some questions:

- What does your driver face usually look like after 30 balls?  How much better is this pic?

- Do you have a feel for how your range balls perform versus real balls?  

The "range" vs "real" ball question is one I've never quite figured out.  Most range balls I've hit on Skytrak are high compression, but extremely spinny.  I'm constantly wondering how well my setting tweaks at the range will translate to course (weight placement, loft, etc.)

Great post - great results.  Gonna be a rough wait through winter 😉

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

I have a 505 coming and need to order another TM tip adaptor. Can anyone tell me of the 505 shaft is .335 or .350 ?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, MysteryV said:

- What does your driver face usually look like after 30 balls?  How much better is this pic?

The "range" vs "real" ball question is one I've never quite figured out.  Most range balls I've hit on Skytrak are high compression, but extremely spinny.  I'm constantly wondering how well my setting tweaks at the range will translate to course (weight placement, loft, etc.)

Ive found most range balls due to either being hard as a rock and also very spinny  or just beat up too much are about 5-7% shorter than your normal premium balls (that’s carry and not overall roll).  I figure about 10% shorter with roll than you would get with a premium ball.  The beat up ones are worse and about 15% shorter.  Even when I use the Mevo I’m about 10-15, sometimes 20 yards shorter than when I’m hitting a premium ball.  I’ve tested the range balls with numbers in the Mevo (tried to get newer balls that were not scuffed, beat up, etc)  and then set up the Mevo when I’m on the actual course.  

once the weather gets better here as we just dumped into storm season and the temps dropped like a rock from 2 days ago, I’ll be able to get some better numbers.  

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

48 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

I have a 505 coming and need to order another TM tip adaptor. Can anyone tell me of the 505 shaft is .335 or .350 ?

Thanks in advance

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

1 hour ago, MysteryV said:

My driver face looks the same with my old driver, I just wanted to show I was still able to find the center of the face with the AutoFlex.

The range I go to has range balls that are in very good condition but I'm about 5-6 yards less distance with my irons there.

• Like 1

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

4 hours ago, MysteryV said:

It seems as though you believe in Flightscope's online numbers more than other algorithms.  If that is the case, why is it that you believe Flightscope's numbers?

One thing it doesn't take into account is temp - which can be a major factor as you likely know.

Bc it’s accurate and matches up very similar to trackman and skytrak and other launch monitors.  Foresight’s is fine too except when you have these super low spin shots which would fall out of the air normally but that it loves. 

someone around 180 ball speed is never ever flying the ball anywhere close to 360 yards . It’s just blatantly wrong and anyone who has been on launch monitors enough and plays golf knows it . They know it and they use it to sell clicks . He never hits it anywhere close to as far as they claim on course. There are professional long drivers who have 30+ mph more ball speed than him and sometimes have difficulty hitting those claimed numbers depending on condition 

1 hour ago, pinhigh27 said:

Bc it’s accurate and matches up very similar to trackman and skytrak and other launch monitors.  Foresight’s is fine too except when you have these super low spin shots which would fall out of the air normally but that it loves. 

someone around 180 ball speed is never ever flying the ball anywhere close to 360 yards . It’s just blatantly wrong and anyone who has been on launch monitors enough and plays golf knows it . They know it and they use it to sell clicks . He never hits it anywhere close to as far as they claim on course. There are professional long drivers who have 30+ mph more ball speed than him and sometimes have difficulty hitting those claimed numbers depending on condition 

325406619_ScreenShot2020-12-13at3_19_55PM.png.729c8b42fb9b5a93458b7a49bdcf5af0.png

FWIW

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

19 hours ago, pinhigh27 said:

"someone around 180 ball speed is never ever flying the ball anywhere close to 360 yards ."

7 hours ago, pinhigh27 said:

And literally no one in the world is playing golf with 20 launch 1000 spin drives . It’s fantasy land 

You seem to be changing the criteria as you want to believe a specific source of truth which fits your desired inputs and outputs.

Feel free to play with the numbers a bit from the Flightscope model above - more reasonable numbers don't make a massive difference.  Mix in temperature, altitude, firm fairway, (wind and fairway slope if you're playing a specific hole for fun as the TXG guys did in one of the vids) - and it's not nearly as far off as you make it seem.

But hey, maybe all the guys on the PGA tour using GC Quad write down their numbers during a practice session and bring them home to plug into Flightscope's free online tool to get their true carry numbers.

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

6 minutes ago, MysteryV said:

You seem to be changing the criteria as you want to believe a specific source of truth which fits your desired inputs and outputs.

Feel free to play with the numbers a bit from the Flightscope model above - more reasonable numbers don't make a massive difference.  Mix in temperature, altitude, firm fairway, (wind and fairway slope if you're playing a specific hole for fun as the TXG guys did in one of the vids) - and it's not nearly as far off as you make it seem.

But hey, maybe all the guys on the PGA tour using GC Quad write down their numbers during a practice session and bring them home to plug into Flightscope's free online tool to get their true carry numbers.

Again show me flighscope numbers with his ball speed carrying anywhere near 360. The numbers you showed which are unreasonable and literally no one in the world achieves while playing golf are 40 yards short 

im not changing any criteria . They even know the foresight algorithm jacks up low spin shots , basically anyone who has experience with launch monitors knows it. They use it to drive clicks and sell clubs which is scummy. 

show me any launch monitor besides a foresight where someone with 183 ball speed is carrying the ball 360 

It’s also not unreasonable to point out that no one in the world puts those up. Show me any launch monitor session where someone has 20 launch and 1000 spin 

Edited by pinhigh27

1 minute ago, pinhigh27 said:

Again show me flighscope numbers with his ball speed carrying anywhere near 360. The numbers you showed which are unreasonable and literally no one in the world achieves while playing golf are 40 yards short 

You've missed the point.

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Good Lord Gents.  Can we get back on topic of the AutoFlex and how awesome it is

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

2 minutes ago, pinhigh27 said:

? No you’re just wrong 

You guys spend 1000 bucks for your fancy shaft that won’t change a lick about your game besides being an inch and a half longer 

It CAN make a difference more than an inch and a half longer shaft.  It's not all just distance.  The shaft isn't for everyone as some people don't like it.  It's no magic wand to make you a better golfer.  I found I'm getting 5-10 yards in extra distance (not too bad but not earth shattering).  The difference for me is I'm hitting more fairways and played my 4th round now without losing a ball off the tee which I have never done at my home course.  I know someone else who was using it and i personally saw an added 20 yards distance easy from his swings.

People spend $600 on a new driver trying to get more fairways or more driveways each year upgrading their equipment searching for that kind of improvement.  For them it's worth it, to spend the money on the shaft to do the same thing!  Not too mention they're maxing out driver technology and I think shaft technology is the new frontier for where they can make the most upgrades at this point.

We get it...you don't like people claiming 370 yard drives.  Well guess what...it doesn't matter because none of us hit that anyways.  But apples to apples comparing a gamer shaft vs the Autoflex there is a noticeable difference for the better.  And it's up to each individual to decide if the difference is worth it to them.

• Like 4

As stated above I have a 505 coming later this week that I will couple with a Sim Max 10.5* head lofted down to 9*. I will be using the Jumbomax Ultralight XL grip that weighs 50 grams.

Questions - from reading through this thread for optimum results I should get the SW to D1 - D2, is that correct?

Also I don't really want to cut the shaft in case it doesn't work out and I need to put it on the BST. So with this being said, can I choke down to play at 45.5" and get the SW right at the same time?

13 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

As stated above I have a 505 coming later this week that I will couple with a Sim Max 10.5* head lofted down to 9*. I will be using the Jumbomax Ultralight XL grip that weighs 50 grams.

Questions - from reading through this thread for optimum results I should get the SW to D1 - D2, is that correct?

Also I don't really want to cut the shaft in case it doesn't work out and I need to put it on the BST. So with this being said, can I choke down to play at 45.5" and get the SW right at the same time?

Yes D1-D2.  Do not tip it at all.  Only butt cut.

take it to any fitter and he can get the swing weight correct doe you without having to cut it more than you want.  You can easily have him add a couple strips of lead tape on the outside and slide a grip over it (that’s if it needs it).  That should easily help with swing weight. 

or you can buy a lighter back weight for the Sim Max.  I believe the standard is like 17g it close.  So getting a weight with a few grams less shouldn’t affect the club at all.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, pinhigh27 said:

? No you’re just wrong 

You guys spend 1000 bucks for your fancy shaft that won’t change a lick about your game besides being an inch and a half longer 

Money is relative.

Goals are relative.

Ignorance is absolute.

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

24 minutes ago, pinhigh27 said:

Good luck with your 20 launch 1000 spin goals of 2021 and how to carry it 300 with 100 swing speed . I’m sure it’s possible on a foresight but no other launch monitor 

4 hours ago, MysteryV said:

You've missed the point.

... again

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

2 hours ago, Lakelander said:

Although the recommended swing weight is D1-D2, I found my sweet spot at D3.5 which is the same swing weight as my gamer.  I'm playing uncut and had to reduce the head weight by 7 grams to get to D3.5.  

While I have not tested mine at d1-1.5 I can second that the d3 range has worked for me in all my testing so far.  I have some new weights coming in tomorrow to lighten the head 3-4g to reach the d1-1.5 so I’ll follow up with my thoughts when I do.  

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

Is anyone here a TXG Livestream participant?  Or better, a paid member? 

If so - it would be AWESOME to have them test Ventus Red (or one of the premium, current shafts listed by in the profile comparison in this thread) at full length, versus the Autoflex with the exact same setup (swing weight, length, etc.)

I did spend a while trying to buy one of the premium comparables from the profile comparison - but didn't find any reasonable deals and am no (yet) willing to spend $350 on the softest Ventus possible just to get numbers.

Scotty Cameron T22 FB