KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

1 hour ago, My2Dogs said:

I just got mine today.  Ordered directly from the OEM in S. Korea.  Having a Cally adapter put on it today and going to play Sat with it.  I have a swing speed for around 106-108 normally but can get up to 112-115 if I’m really loose and I want to step on it.  I’ll report back after I hit it.  Going straight up against my Ventus Black 6X, which has been the best and longest shaft I’ve ever hit. 

Interested to hear what your results are   Do you have access to a trackman?

Gunga Galunga Golf - Golf Photography

1 hour ago, jpbova said:

Interested to hear what your results are   Do you have access to a trackman?

No.  That’s why I’m going to my normal course.  I pretty much know exactly where my tee shots are normally.  Even when struck well and not so well.  Some holes are specific carries or lay up before the hazard so I know when I swinging well I can carry them or if it’s a bad day, choose a hybrid or long iron and lay up.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

9 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I just got mine today.  Ordered directly from the OEM in S. Korea.  Having a Cally adapter put on it today and going to play Sat with it.  I have a swing speed of around 106-108 normally but can get up to 112-115 if I’m really loose and I want to step on it.  I’ll report back after I hit it.  Going straight up against my Ventus Black 6X, which has been the best and longest shaft I’ve ever hit. 

Which shaft did you order for your swing speed - 505x or 505xx?

When this was first launched it was touted as a single shaft for all swings speeds, which actually came in 3 different flex/SS versions.  

When I enquired by email I was informed the shaft offerings had now changed to 5 different flex/SS versions.  This is not much different to standard shafts?

FS 305x (60~85mph) 36g

FS 405 (85~95mph) 44g

FS 505 (95~105mph) 51g

FS 505x (105~120mph) 54g

FS 505xx (110~130+ mph) 58g

Interested to see how you get on.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AndersUK said:

Which shaft did you order for your swing speed - 505x or 505xx?

When this was first launched it was touted as a single shaft for all swings speeds, which actually came in 3 different flex/SS versions.  

When I enquired by email I was informed the shaft offerings had now changed to 5 different flex/SS versions.  This is not much different to standard shafts?

FS 305x (60~85mph) 36g

FS 405 (85~95mph) 44g

FS 505 (95~105mph) 51g

FS 505x (105~120mph) 54g

Interested to see how you get on.

I went by the OEM’s recommendation and got the FS 505 but I don’t think there is a non X in that weight.  I believe all the 505’s are an X.  That is what the OEM told me when he emailed me back for recommendations.  

This was his email response for the flex’s.  I told him I didn’t not swing as fast as Matt on TXG so he did not send me the XX profile.

SF305X / 38 gram / Approx. 170 CPM / Ladies / Swing Speed 60~80 mph

SF405 / 44 gram / Approx. 180 CPM / Mens / Swing Speed 80~95 mph

SF505 / 51 gram / Approx. 210 CPM / Professionals / Swing Speed 95~120+

I hit it on the range today at lunch just for fun.  Not warmed up, which wasn’t a good idea as my back hurts now.  LOL 

immediate thoughts.  Feels very whippy when you waggle it.  Makes you almost subconsciously not want to go after it but after a few swings it wasn’t an issue. Ball def has a higher launch than the Ventus Black, Blue or even Red.  Switched back to the Black and to be honest it felt strange because it’s a normal X flex.  Didn’t really have any issues with missing it one way or another.  Most were pretty straight or with a draw but just so much higher than normal.  Roll out even with the additional launch seemed crazy.  Couldn’t tell as the other end of the range is about 310 and then they have the training side.  Some were easily rolling up to the edge as the other side is raised.  To be fair, they were playing up by about 20 yards from the mats but I have had to really get a good hit, land and roll like crazy with my Ventus on normal days.  These are also range balls but I tried to pick out the best ones for the driver. 

however I didn’t think I would get any roll with such a high launch and decent angle.  Reminded me of the days when I was younger and just spun the ball like crazy and would leave plugs in the fw and either get 1 foot or roll or sometimes bounce backward.  However the Auto Flex shots bounced forward and rolled a lot.  Can’t wait for tomorrow on the course with premium balls (TP5X, Pro V1X and a couple Snell MTB- X). 

Edited by My2Dogs
  • Like 2

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Might try and go down 1 degree to an 8 and see if that lowers the flight any but hopefully still keeps the forgiveness and consistency.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 10/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, My2Dogs said:

I just got mine today.  Ordered directly from the OEM in S. Korea.  Having a Cally adapter put on it today and going to play Sat with it.  I have a swing speed of around 106-108 normally but can get up to 112-115 if I’m really loose and I want to step on it.  I’ll report back after I hit it.  Going straight up against my Ventus Black 6X, which has been the best and longest shaft I’ve ever hit. 

How do you order one of these? Can’t find the site/contact anywhere. 

5 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

How do you order one of these? Can’t find the site/contact anywhere. 

Send me a PM and I can give you the email of the rep who works for the company in South Korea.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

2 hours ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Man @My2Dogs or anyone else that’s hit one I’m sure interested to hear how the shaft performs. 

Got a round with it today.  I have to say when I catch it, it’s longer than my Ventus Black.  However my swing was not good today and I was missing all over the face.  Not just the driver but all my clubs.  I did hit 2 drives that were dead straight and one is over a ditch and a 280 carry.  It’s a little downhill so I would say it plays like 270-275 carry but today we had wind in so it played the full 280.  I cleared it.  Now I’ve never tried to clear it before so I don’t know if the Ventus would have done the same.  On the other shot that I blistered it was about 10 yards longer than where I normally hit with the Ventus Black.  Also I had wind into and normally the distances are without wind and i was still 10 yards past.
The only issue I have is that I feel like it’s not going to catch up because it feels whippy as I stated before.  On the range you can get over it as you hit ball after ball but on the course where you hit a ball, sit in the cart and then wait for others to hit.  It’s a while before you hit driver again and so timing needs to be dialed in. Overall I like the shaft, just need more time with it but it’s def got something in it to give it more distance.  Also the ball flight is so high but still rolls when it lands which is so strange.  Looking at these towering shots you would never think it would roll when landing. 

on the range people were giving me looks when I was hitting driver as the launch was like a moon ball. As they said on Tin Cup (with the 7i bet) still going! 
woild love to try this in my 3 wood.  However the price is a bit much for a 3 wood.  It’s not $750.  It’s actually $790 before shipping and I paid $85 for the expedited Fed Ex to get it in 2 days from South Korea. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, My2Dogs said:

Got a round with it today.  I have to say when I catch it, it’s longer than my Ventus Black.  However my swing was not good today and I was missing all over the face.  Not just the driver but all my clubs.  I did hit 2 drives that were dead straight and one is over a ditch and a 280 carry.  It’s a little downhill so I would say it plays like 270-275 carry but today we had wind in so it played the full 280.  I cleared it.  Now I’ve never tried to clear it before so I don’t know if the Ventus would have done the same.  On the other shot that I blistered it was about 10 yards longer than where I normally hit with the Ventus Black.  Also I had wind into and normally the distances are without wind and i was still 10 yards past.
The only issue I have is that I feel like it’s not going to catch up because it feels whippy as I stated before.  On the range you can get over it as you hit ball after ball but on the course where you hit a ball, sit in the cart and then wait for others to hit.  It’s a while before you hit driver again and so timing needs to be dialed in. Overall I like the shaft, just need more time with it but it’s def got something in it to give it more distance.  Also the ball flight is so high but still rolls when it lands which is so strange.  Looking at these towering shots you would never think it would roll when landing. 

on the range people were giving me looks when I was hitting driver as the launch was like a moon ball. As they said on Tin Cup (with the 7i bet) still going! 
woild love to try this in my 3 wood.  However the price is a bit much for a 3 wood.  It’s not $750.  It’s actually $790 before shipping and I paid $85 for the expedited Fed Ex to get it in 2 days from South Korea. 

Nice review. Would you say you hit more, less or same number of fairways as you typically do? Thanks. 

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

52 minutes ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Nice review. Would you say you hit more, less or same number of fairways as you typically do? Thanks. 

Today less but again it wasn’t a good day to measure being consistent as I was missing with all my clubs today.  Just wasn’t striking it well with anything. 

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 10/24/2020 at 7:09 AM, My2Dogs said:

I went by the OEM’s recommendation and got the FS 505 but I don’t think there is a non X in that weight.  I believe all the 505’s are an X.  That is what the OEM told me when he emailed me back for recommendations.  

This was his email response for the flex’s.  I told him I didn’t not swing as fast as Matt on TXG so he did not send me the XX profile.

I hit it on the range today at lunch just for fun.  Not warmed up, which wasn’t a good idea as my back hurts now.  LOL 

immediate thoughts.  Feels very whippy when you waggle it.  Makes you almost subconsciously not want to go after it but after a few swings it wasn’t an issue. Ball def has a higher launch than the Ventus Black, Blue or even Red.  Switched back to the Black and to be honest it felt strange because it’s a normal X flex.  Didn’t really have any issues with missing it one way or another.  Most were pretty straight or with a draw but just so much higher than normal.  Roll out even with the additional launch seemed crazy.  Couldn’t tell as the other end of the range is about 310 and then they have the training side.  Some were easily rolling up to the edge as the other side is raised.  To be fair, they were playing up by about 20 yards from the mats but I have had to really get a good hit, land and roll like crazy with my Ventus on normal days.  These are also range balls but I tried to pick out the best ones for the driver. 

however I didn’t think I would get any roll with such a high launch and decent angle.  Reminded me of the days when I was younger and just spun the ball like crazy and would leave plugs in the fw and either get 1 foot or roll or sometimes bounce backward.  However the Auto Flex shots bounced forward and rolled a lot.  Can’t wait for tomorrow on the course with premium balls (TP5X, Pro V1X and a couple Snell MTB- X). 

Interesting, those are the old recommendations as they have moved the goal posts.

OLD:

NEW:

FS 305x (60~85mph) 36g

FS 405 (85~95mph) 44g

FS 505 (95~105mph) 51g

FS 505x (105~120mph) 54g

Mine is on transit from Korea. Got the 405 since I have quite a smooth transition (they said that 405 and 505 are similar, just the different in swing transition determines which shaft I should choose).

Will report to you guys. I have the Cobra xtreme head set at 10.5, should be interesting to see if I should lower the loft since all the reports pointed to higher launch than normal.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:23 PM, My2Dogs said:

How long did they quote on shipping? I reached out this weekend and just heard back to confirm fitting/swing speed. Have a move coming up before Thanksgiving and wondering if I should order now or wait.

3 hours ago, jgard320 said:

How long did they quote on shipping? I reached out this weekend and just heard back to confirm fitting/swing speed. Have a move coming up before Thanksgiving and wondering if I should order now or wait.

It took 2 days as you have to go through the customs clearance.  I live on the west coast so it comes in from Alaska where the Hub is at coming from Asia.  That’s why it cost $85 for expedited shipping.  Playing Sunday as well and will report back after that round as it’s a better course and the weather won’t be as bad Sunday as it was last Sat.  We had more wind and a cold front that came in.  It was 90 4 days before and we dropped to 70 but the morning was 55 with wind.  Sunday will be 80 and very light winds. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

I have one on the way shipping first thing Monday, or Sunday evening my time. I originally requested a 505xx, but they recommended that for people who are regularly 130 plus club head speed. I'm more of an upper 110/low 120 guy, and they recommended the 505x, no tipping since they recommend all shafts be butt trim only, and to try it first at full length before butt trimming. The shaft is 45" raw, so it'll be 46.5" installed for me. We'll see how it goes.

Edited by jgard320

@jgard320 are they installing a tip of your choice? (TM, PING, Callaway, etc)

I'm really interested in this and your above post is helpful.  I'm around 115mph but a pretty harsh transition so I'm thinking 505x or 505xx.

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

21 minutes ago, 1s1k said:

@jgard320 are they installing a tip of your choice? (TM, PING, Callaway, etc)

I'm really interested in this and your above post is helpful.  I'm around 115mph but a pretty harsh transition so I'm thinking 505x or 505xx.

No, only the raw shaft. They'll recommend 505x in your case because that's similar to what I told them. Even Matt from TXG was playing the 505x in the second video as he was approaching 130 club head speed.

• Like 1

Well I figured out why my swing was inconsistent with the shaft/head combo.  I have a custom head with hot melt added.  Comes in around 201g.  It’s putting the SW at a D8.  I grabbed a normal head at the local golf galaxy and being 193g it comes in at D3.  Which is very close to the ideal SW the AutoFlex needs.  Company recommends D1.5-2.5.  So I just posed on WTB to get a standard Mavrik so I can get the SW down.  I don’t want to mess with the shaft and have lead added to the butt end.  

playing Sunday and wanted to use the shaft but no way as I can to get a head that quickly unless I buy the whole thing at retail.  Asked GG if they would just sell me the demo head and they said no.  

I’ll report back once I get a head and can test with the proper SW.  also could be why the shots were so high as I’m adding spin with the extra weight and why my miss has been both ways.  When I catch one, it’s a bomber, now just need to get the proper head and then I can bomb away.

• Like 3

PXG Hybrid stand bag

I've had my SF505X in play now for 3 rounds. It was the recommended shaft for my SS and transition type. I'm at 114mph swing speed on driver. I'm using at 10.5 Sim driver head, 46 inches in length, standard setting, and D1.9. Previously i was 45 inches, Tensei White 60Tx, swing weight D4. 

As others have mentioned, when you waggle the Autoflex, it feels insanely whippy. It doesn't make any sense that it can work for my SS, but, it certainly has, and for me, it is worth every single $.

People are mainly focusing on length.....will it hit longer...will i gain distance. I'd say i've gained some distance, but i've added an inch in length, and reduced SW, and overall weight. So i'm assuming those parameters have contributed mostly to the added distance. But the most impressive X factor of this shaft has been the dispersion. It has been ultra accurate for me, which has really made a massive difference in confidence off the tee. Additionally, the ease of swinging the club is so less stressful.

I don't have any specific numbers. I've piped some drives, missed a few as well, but not one drive has had the "squirelly" flight in the air. That meaning excessive curvature. A miss has been when aiming for a slight fade, shot went straight. That's it. Nothing moving hard.

I'm definitely getting another driver shaft for a 2nd bag, and the fairway shaft is certainly intriguing me. Can't explain why it works or how it works, but it definitely works for me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ksmiffi said:

I've had my SF505X in play now for 3 rounds. It was the recommended shaft for my SS and transition type. I'm at 114mph swing speed on driver. I'm using at 10.5 Sim driver head, 46 inches in length, standard setting, and D1.9. Previously i was 45 inches, Tensei White 60Tx, swing weight D4. 

As others have mentioned, when you waggle the Autoflex, it feels insanely whippy. It doesn't make any sense that it can work for my SS, but, it certainly has, and for me, it is worth every single $.

People are mainly focusing on length.....will it hit longer...will i gain distance. I'd say i've gained some distance, but i've added an inch in length, and reduced SW, and overall weight. So i'm assuming those parameters have contributed mostly to the added distance. But the most impressive X factor of this shaft has been the dispersion. It has been ultra accurate for me, which has really made a massive difference in confidence off the tee. Additionally, the ease of swinging the club is so less stressful.

I don't have any specific numbers. I've piped some drives, missed a few as well, but not one drive has had the "squirelly" flight in the air. That meaning excessive curvature. A miss has been when aiming for a slight fade, shot went straight. That's it. Nothing moving hard.

I'm definitely getting another driver shaft for a 2nd bag, and the fairway shaft is certainly intriguing me. Can't explain why it works or how it works, but it definitely works for me.

Very encouraging to hear. Seems like this shaft guarantees that it’ll be properly loaded due to the flexibility, but the tech behind it makes it easy to square the face. Mine will ship this evening so I’m eagerly awaiting its arrival. 

Your comment about fairway shafts has me thinking. I seem to remember browsing the site and seeing fairway/iron shafts too, but the site hasn’t worked for me in awhile. Do they offer those as well?