2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Would you pay $750 or more for a shaft? Autoflex

mosesgolf

Just now, 2bGood said:

Not sure where you got that from. Ian shoots in the high 60's lows 70's according to the scores he has posted and plays off a +2.3 and Matt is a +0.6 also breaking 70 every once and a while. These are not tournament scores so nothing too special, but they both have no trouble breaking 80.

Ian lifts the club with his arms rather than making any sort of proper body turn-pivot, and that is the reason for the tension filled off balance swings he makes.

Matt sways badly off the ball, and this can be seen by how much of his weight has fallen outside his  rear leg-foot at the top of his swing.

A round of golf with these two poseurs would reveal lots of sideways shots, consistently poor ball contact, approaches coming up well short of target etc...

If they have respectable short games their swings reveal low eighties shooters. If their short games are only average and all shots are counted, they will shoot mid to high 80's.

I would like to see a TXG video where Ian and Matt receive swing technique instruction from a competent instructor.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

4 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

Ian lifts the club with his arms rather than making any sort of proper body turn-pivot, and that is the reason for the tension filled off balance swings he makes.

Matt sways badly off the ball, and this can be seen by how much of his weight has fallen outside his  rear leg-foot at the top of his swing.

A round of golf with these two poseurs would reveal lots of sideways shots, consistently poor ball contact, approaches coming up well short of target etc...

If they have respectable short games their swings reveal low eighties shooters. If their short games are only average and all shots are counted, they will shoot mid to high 80's.

I would like to see a TXG video where Ian and Matt receive swing technique instruction from a competent instructor.

Crystal ball, eh ? :classic_rolleyes:

I don't watch many videos. Never seen the little guy (Ian ?) swing a club. I've seen Matt hit balls half a dozen times or so.

If you think Matt "can't break 80" I'll have some of what you're smoking. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

10 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

I don’t think a successful business with 2 locations comes from bad club fittings, regardless of how good or not good at golf they are it doesn’t take a tour pro to fit someone into the right gear and that’s what these guys know how to do

• Like 1

I said this in the thread on the WRX Techs forum, but I'd like to see them test this shaft with some different swing speeds (then again, this is the note I have for them on 99% of their videos).

Someone like Matt doesn't need this shaft, but regular joe golfers, women, slower players could benefit and it's interesting especially if the accuracy stays the same or even improves.

The best part about that video was Ian tweaking the club enough to make Matt fairly accurate with it even though it's flexy and he was swinging out of his shoes.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Just now, chocolate_rehab said:

I said this in the thread on the WRX Techs forum, but I'd like to see them test this shaft with some different swing speeds (then again, this is the note I have for them on 99% of their videos).

Someone like Matt doesn't need this shaft, but regular joe golfers, women, slower players could benefit and it's interesting especially if the accuracy stays the same or even improves.

The best part about that video was Ian tweaking the club enough to make Matt fairly accurate with it even though it's flexy and he was swinging out of his shoes.

Yeah good point! I think they said that their next test with the auto flex will be a slower speed player but I might be wrong 

1 minute ago, jdubba said:

I don’t think a successful business with 2 locations comes from bad club fittings, regardless of how good or not good at golf they are it doesn’t take a tour pro to fit someone into the right gear and that’s what these guys know how to do

First of all, amateur consumers with disposable income will buy just about anything golf related.

Second, if the storefront is clean with professional looking furnishings, loads of fancy looking electronics,  and employees wearing trendy Galvin Green golf clothes etc... certainly then 85 shooters trying to buy a game will absolutely pony up $300 for the "fitting experience".

7 minutes ago, gwelfgulfer said:

Fairway, is this yet another thread where you yap like you're something and know more than anyone else...  Shocking...

Nobody has to take my word for it. TXG videos are on You Tube for anyone interested to watch and decide for themselves what's what.

When there are so many shafts, and often sub-flexes now within lines; I don't exactly understand the appeal of any uniflex shaft. This one, the NunChuk, etc. It's intriguing, but I feel it's going to fit a certain segment of golfer, just because of potential limitations a uniflex design exhibits.

Nunchuks were pretty heavy as I recall? They fit the big-swinging Vegas guy. (Still on tour I believe.)

5 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

First of all, amateur consumers with disposable income will buy just about anything golf related.

Second, if the storefront is clean with professional looking furnishings, loads of fancy looking electronics,  and employees wearing trendy Galvin Green golf clothes etc... certainly then 85 shooters trying to buy a game will absolutely pony up $300 for the "fitting experience".

Not if the service doesn’t yield any results.  Maybe that’s how you make your purchasing decisions

2 minutes ago, gwelfgulfer said:

Well, I know the guys, would take Ian's advice on anything club related over yours in a heart beat and have played many rounds with Matt back in school, so...  I mean it's cool to have opinions, even the wrong ones in your case (as in most of the time it seems).  But kool agenda ya got there.

Players should not be taking mine (or anybody's) advice regarding clubs. The one and only way to know which clubs perform best for one's swing is to try the equipment on a golf course and see the shots produced.

Ian and Matt are in business to make money. My "agenda" is to urge consumers to be careful about what they buy and, or, whom they listen to, because the golf industry is filled with charlatans selling harmful stuff.

2 minutes ago, jdubba said:

Not if the service doesn’t yield any results.  Maybe that’s how you make your purchasing decisions

I guarantee you that "fitting service" does not yield beneficial results, not for any player. It's a scam to bilk money out of gullible consumers.

If someone wants to improve their shot making and, or, shoot lower scores I promise you that the best sense  way to do that is learn technique from a competent instructor and practice same.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

Players should not be taking mine (or anybody's) advice regarding clubs. The one and only way to know which clubs perform best for one's swing is to try the equipment on a golf course and see the shots produced.

Ian and Matt are in business to make money. My "agenda" is to urge consumers to be careful about what they buy and, or, whom they listen to, because the golf industry is filled with charlatans selling harmful stuff.

Again you use the term 'charlatan' while no one assumes you even have a clue...  So more or less, no one here is going to think of you as anything more than what you seem to easily accuse others of being...  LMK how many others are as respected within their industry as Ian is...  Matt also isn't in the golf industry anymore, but was a Class A pro.

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

This all sounds vaguely familiar to some golf sites that have come and gone. They pump things for a while, and maybe don't shoot anywhere near what they say, etc. More than once, people have been busted for such golf transgressions. Pure fallacies of a fitting. Clubwork that was horrid.

Most sites that are run by the worst people do not allow interaction on their little fiefdoms, or allow little or no dissent in discussion. Don't give such sites the traffic #'s they want to continue, is all I can suggest.  

6 minutes ago, gwelfgulfer said:

Again you use the term 'charlatan' while no one assumes you even have a clue...  So more or less, no one here is going to think of you as anything more than what you seem to easily accuse others of being...  LMK how many others are as respected within their industry as Ian is...  Matt also isn't in the golf industry anymore, but was a Class A pro.

Matty boy isn't in the golf industry anymore? When did this happen? Just saw him in recent videos.

2 minutes ago, gwelfgulfer said:

Might as well just ask to have your account shut down, you've lost more credibility in such a short amount of time that you're a HOF'r with some of those from WRX lore...

What are you babbling about now? I guarantee you that if Jack Nicklaus or Tiger Woods (or any Tour pro you like) were posting messages on Golfwrx they would wholeheartedly agree that learning how to properly swing a club is how one improves their game.

10 minutes ago, nikeblades00 said:

Matty boy isn't in the golf industry anymore? When did this happen? Just saw him in recent videos.

Being in testing videos is a far cry from what he was actually doing before.

10 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

What are you babbling about now? I guarantee you that if Jack Nicklaus or Tiger Woods (or any Tour pro you like) were posting messages on Golfwrx they would wholeheartedly agree that learning how to properly swing a club is how one improves their game.

Tiger knew/knows the merits of properly fitted clubs.  Would only play things a certain way and apparently could even pick out clubs that had been pured and ones that hadn't.  You're the one babbling as usual...

Edited by setter02
  • Like 2

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

3 hours ago, Fairway14 said:

I suggest ignoring everything the two charlatans who run TXG are trying to sell you.

I don't agree with this. Their target market for sales is Toronto, in a fitting room, so it's not like they are trying to market XYZ across the net untried.

My issue is that the tester has no reality to the avg swinger, even if he puts out a "90MPH avg golfer" swing on a particular test (still 10mph more than me).

If I lived in Toronto area I might well hit them up for a fitting and if a shaft gave me 10-15 more yards at my senior age (even at 35% more $ in Canada) I might go for it. Especially now, when with Covid their isn't a lot to spend dough on besides golf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, myspinonit said:

My issue is that the tester has no reality to the avg swinger, even if he puts out a "90MPH avg golfer" swing on a particular test (still 10mph more than me).

If you search through TXG's list of videos you will find at least a couple of them featuring a hacker who paid up to "get fit". In these Ian sees the customer is just wiping across the ball making terrible contact. So,  he stops the fitting, give a 30 minute technique lesson, and then resumes the video when the customer is making a little bit better pass at the ball.

34 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

I guarantee you that "fitting service" does not yield beneficial results, not for any player. It's a scam to bilk money out of gullible consumers.

If someone wants to improve their shot making and, or, shoot lower scores I promise you that the best sense  way to do that is learn technique from a competent instructor and practice same.

Since you have apparently taken your eye off the ball, the Q at hand is "Would you pay $750 or more for a shaft? Autoflex".

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Fairway14 said:

If you search through TXG's list of videos you will find at least a couple of them featuring a hacker who paid up to "get fit". In these Ian sees the customer is just wiping across the ball making terrible contact. So,  he stops the fitting, give a 30 minute technique lesson, and then resumes the video when the customer is making a little bit better pass at the ball.

Most of the mid/higher handicaps he's fit look like they have the same funky swing throughout for the most part. And what would be the issue with getting some swing help? I'm not following.

I think he's said multiple times that helping with a swing can be a part of the fitting. Seems good to me, but I'm curious about your issue with it?

Is there a TXG thread somewhere? We're getting a bit off track here.

Edited by chocolate_rehab

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

What ever happened to "swing your swing"???  Fairway doesnt believe in that... he probably thinks Rick Shiels breaks 80 with his swing.  I mean, he should... it's pretty.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"