Anyone gaming T200 irons?

SwooshLT

I have them as part of a combo set with T100s.

I am north of 60, 5 hcp at the moment, and carry the 7i about 158yds.

I like them.  Very good sole interaction with the turf, good profile for confidence with a classic shape.  They don't look too game improvement.

They feel is great if you hit the center!  

LB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TM Qi10 Max - Diamana T60
PXG Black Ops 4W, 7W - GD Tour AD VR-7

Titleist T350 5 - MMT95

Titleist T200 6-PW - MMT95

Titleist T150 GW - MMT105

Vokey- 54/12A, 58LBK
LAB Golf DF3
Titleist Pro V1

I got fitted into the t200s 5-48° about 4 months ago and they've been great, handicap has dropped from 20-15 in the same period.

They're fantastic sitting behind the ball, not too small to be intimidating but not too big that its off putting. Plenty of forgiveness as well, iv hit plenty that barley it the grooves it's that far out in the toe but have only lost 10-15 yards rather than 30+

I'm 26 and carry the 7 iron 160 yards.

I originally had concerns that they might be too low spin and struggle to hold greens, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the relative stopping power through the whole set

• Thanks 1

I'm 60ish, handicap around 7 and 7 iron around 140.  I got fit for these early this year and they are really good irons.  Handicap has dropped substantially but can't say it's only the irons, my short game has improved a bunch and I'm keeping the tee ball in play.  These irons gave me plenty of spin, etc during the fitting.  I've got the nippon 950 GH stiff shafts in them 1/2 long and 1 flat.  Overall really a good set of irons.  Honestly when I was fit the T100s weren't available yet, would have liked to compare them on trackman and ball flight, etc.  They definitely don't look like game improvement irons.  Go get fit and compare them to other irons and see what you hit best and are most comfortable with.  

• Thanks 1

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

1 hour ago, larryd3 said:

I'm 60ish, handicap around 7 and 7 iron around 140.  I got fit for these early this year and they are really good irons.  Handicap has dropped substantially but can't say it's only the irons, my short game has improved a bunch and I'm keeping the tee ball in play.  These irons gave me plenty of spin, etc during the fitting.  I've got the nippon 950 GH stiff shafts in them 1/2 long and 1 flat.  Overall really a good set of irons.  Honestly when I was fit the T100s weren't available yet, would have liked to compare them on trackman and ball flight, etc.  They definitely don't look like game improvement irons.  Go get fit and compare them to other irons and see what you hit best and are most comfortable with.  

Can I ask you why did they put you in stiff with a 140yd carry distance?  Just curious because I play regular flex and hit 7i 145-150......

OBTW I purchased a set that fit my specs 4-gw with AMT black R300.....after initial testing ,we switch the long irons to the AMT red with outstanding results.....considering 6/7 irons too......I don't have speed for these strong lofted irons but enjoy the look, feel and size ......I'm coming from SRIXON combo of Z785/Z585 and those were reshafted with recoil 82g F3......too much tempo based swinging whereas the AMT has freed me up to put a good move on the ball.....fits my transition much better! Keep the thoughts coming!

4 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Can I ask you why did they put you in stiff with a 140yd carry distance?  Just curious because I play regular flex and hit 7i 145-150......

OBTW I purchased a set that fit my specs 4-gw with AMT black R300.....after initial testing ,we switch the long irons to the AMT red with outstanding results.....considering 6/7 irons too......I don't have speed for these strong lofted irons but enjoy the look, feel and size ......I'm coming from SRIXON combo of Z785/Z585 and those were reshafted with recoil 82g F3......too much tempo based swinging whereas the AMT has freed me up to put a good move on the ball.....fits my transition much better! Keep the thoughts coming!

The S flex gave me better dispersion and consistency and better ball flight overall.  maybe hurt length a little but not even sure on that.  I have a buddy who's SS is around mine probably, and he also was fit into S flex.  It has straightened out his shots quite a bit.  So to answer, not sure exactly but they just perform better for me.  I mentioned in another post somewhere that I don't think SS is the only factor in picking shaft firmness, lots of things go into it.  

Edited by larryd3
  • Like 1

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons

4 minutes ago, larryd3 said:

The S flex gave me better dispersion and consistency and better ball flight overall.  maybe hurt length a little but not even sure on that.  I have a buddy who's SS is around mine probably, and he also was fit into S flex.  It has straightened out his shots quite a bit.  So to answer, not sure exactly but they just perform better for me.  I mentioned in another post somewhere that I don't think SS is the only factor in picking shaft firmness, lots of things go into it.  

I get that, I'm lower launch and it seems that heavier shafts keep me smooth and loaded.....vs resisting the temptation to try to "hit" .....again , not being critical......also FOR ME stiff actually hurts the body......lol.....I'm an old 55 as my career was a very physical one (firefighter) 

What is your set composition and do you play FSGA events? 

1 hour ago, SwooshLT said:

I get that, I'm lower launch and it seems that heavier shafts keep me smooth and loaded.....vs resisting the temptation to try to "hit" .....again , not being critical......also FOR ME stiff actually hurts the body......lol.....I'm an old 55 as my career was a very physical one (firefighter) 

What is your set composition and do you play FSGA events? 

my set composition currently is in my signature.  I don't play in FSGA events, just don't have the interest at this point.  shaft in my driver is 60 gram tensi blue S, 3 wood is hazardous black 6.0 65, the sub70 hybrids have 5.5 Proj X hybrid shafts, irons are the nippon 950gh Stiff and wedges the same as the irons.  Irons, wedges and hybrids and +1/2 length and irons are 1* flag, think vokeys are 2*flat  the M4 driver is a 12* draw turned down to one notch above low setting (not sure that is exactly but works for me around 10.5* I think)   Now to toss in a wrinkle, just bought a set of Sub70 cbs with nippon modus105s in S flex.  I've hit those shafts before and they work well for me.  I just got the new irons yesterday and have not hit them except for the 6 iron which I had purchase a month or so ago.  Decided to mess with something new and the pricing on the sub70 clubs is awesome.  Not sure why but why not?  :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons

38 minutes ago, larryd3 said:

my set composition currently is in my signature.  I don't play in FSGA events, just don't have the interest at this point.  shaft in my driver is 60 gram tensi blue S, 3 wood is hazardous black 6.0 65, the sub70 hybrids have 5.5 Proj X hybrid shafts, irons are the nippon 950gh Stiff and wedges the same as the irons.  Irons, wedges and hybrids and +1/2 length and irons are 1* flag, think vokeys are 2*flat  the M4 driver is a 12* draw turned down to one notch above low setting (not sure that is exactly but works for me around 10.5* I think)   Now to toss in a wrinkle, just bought a set of Sub70 cbs with nippon modus105s in S flex.  I've hit those shafts before and they work well for me.  I just got the new irons yesterday and have not hit them except for the 6 iron which I had purchase a month or so ago.  Decided to mess with something new and the pricing on the sub70 clubs is awesome.  Not sure why but why not?  :classic_smile:

Their pricing is delicious......but I'm a lefty and they only offer the 699 right now.....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Their pricing is delicious......but I'm a lefty and they only offer the 699 right now.....

They are supposed to increase their supply of lefty stuff.  Hopefully they will.  

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons

24 minutes ago, larryd3 said:

They are supposed to increase their supply of lefty stuff.  Hopefully they will.  

Really think I hit on something with T200 4-gw and AMT shafts.....black/red combo makes so much sense for my slower speed.....really ready to get out but weather has been so poor. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 1:43 PM, SwooshLT said:

Really think I hit on something with T200 4-gw and AMT shafts.....black/red combo makes so much sense for my slower speed.....really ready to get out but weather has been so poor. 

The black weight range is just right. What I am drawn to in the Titleist 200 is they appear to have a thin-nish sole, especially for their category, so should have nice turf interaction. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

4 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Are you playing these or pondering? 

Not playing them. I really only noticed them a few months ago and I wondered why I had not heard more about them because I liked the look. I want to hit them and would like to hear how you find they go through the ground. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Not playing them. I really only noticed them a few months ago and I wondered why I had not heard more about them because I liked the look. I want to hit them and would like to hear how you find they go through the ground. 

Off the deck , it hasn't even been a thought!  I'm not the fastest nor am I steep but there is no hesitation from my first round to say these work from all lies.....I'm getting short irons extensions put in to much the 4-7 irons already getting done.....I've played 1/2" for past few years and not sure why I thought that would change.....lol. getting in a few rounds next week so I'll have an even better idea. 

10 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Off the deck , it hasn't even been a thought!  I'm not the fastest nor am I steep but there is no hesitation from my first round to say these work from all lies.....I'm getting short irons extensions put in to much the 4-7 irons already getting done.....I've played 1/2" for past few years and not sure why I thought that would change.....lol. getting in a few rounds next week so I'll have an even better idea. 

i think you’ve found an excellent iron. Have a buddy who dropped the coin for custom Mavrik Pro irons, which are a pretty small blade if you have not seen them, and he really struggled. He still has them but has a few T200 iron demos he has added to test and he says they fit him a lot better. (He was a Titleist guy — still playing 910 driver — and I think he’s headed back! They’re not huge heads, just a little more comfort. So I may get to hit one on the course if we get some better weather. I don’t like testing irons indoors, it just doesn’t tell me much. 

I was hesitant at first but having played 15 rounds with them, they are great.I love the feel and am confident in the distances. I am a lefty, 54 yrs old, hcp 7.2 and 7iron carry is 173 yds.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3, 9.0*/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 75 x stiff;
Titleist TSi2 13.5*/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Black 85 x stiff;
Titleist U505 3 iron/ PX Hzrdus RDX Smoke 90 x stiff:
Cobra Forged Tec 4- PW/ KBS C Taper 120 stiff/ hard stepped once;
Vokey SM9 50*F/TKBS C Taper 120 x stiff;
Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200;
Vokey Custom Grind 58*T/ TT DG Tour Issue s400;
Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"; Titleist Pro Pro V1

I did a forum member review of these for another website, and I'm very happy with them.  I'm 64, 6 handicap, carry the 7-iron about 160.  I was fit into the AMT Red stiff shaft.  I was interested to see how the stronger lofts would impact ball flight.  What the launch monitor showed, and my play through the summer has confirmed, is that I'm about 10 yards longer with these as compared to my 714 AP-2s, but the launch angle is the same.  To put it differently, my T200 150-yard club now flies a bit higher than my previous 150-yard club.  Dispersion, both distance and lateral, is good, forgiveness is good, turf interaction feels good.  I don't believe any club is transformative, but these are good solid tools.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25yo - 5-6hdcp - 

I have a combo set of t100 & t200's. 5 & 4 irons being T200.

Project x rifle 6.0 in all of them w/ golf pride z-cord aligns.

T200's are bent 2* weak to fit the gaps into the T100's.

I will say that the T200 are way way easier to hit, feel isn't as good as the T100's but still feel really good when you hit them. 

I can carry the 5 iron 207ish. Remember this is 2* weak. 

I did test the T200 when I was getting fit of course. I was hitting the T200 7iron way too far, I think like 185-190 carry, where my T100 7 iron is more 170-177ish.

These things LAUNCH- I really like it for the 4 iron, 5 iron I could be in a T100 tbh. Wish they made a 3iron.

Edited by Hoot n Shoot
spelling
  • Thanks 1

Left Handed

Driver: Titleist 917D3 [SureFit:C2=9.5*@11*] (Diamana W70x) {Golfpride mcc-black}

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim Ti [15*@ 15.75*] (Diamana ltd. 75x) {TM z grip}

3 hybrid: Titleist 818H2 [SureFit:B3=19*@18*] (GD tour AD-DI 85x) {Golfpride mcc-white}

2 Iron: Titleist 718 T-MB [17* std. loft + lie] (X100) {Golfpride Z-cord}

3 Iron: Titleist 712u [21* std. loft + lie] (X100 XP95) {Golfpride tour wrap 2G}

Irons 4-5: Titleist T200 [2* weak, 1*up] (PX6.0) {Golfpride Z-cord align}

Irons 6-Pw: Titleist T100 [std. lofts, 1*up] (PX6.0) {Golfpride Z-cord align}

Wedges: Titleist SM4 [52*, 56*, 60*] (wedge flex) {Golf Pride mcc white & blue}

Putter: 2021 Bettinardi QB6 (coming soon) 

2 hours ago, davep043 said:

I did a forum member review of these for another website, and I'm very happy with them.  I'm 64, 6 handicap, carry the 7-iron about 160.  I was fit into the AMT Red stiff shaft.  I was interested to see how the stronger lofts would impact ball flight.  What the launch monitor showed, and my play through the summer has confirmed, is that I'm about 10 yards longer with these as compared to my 714 AP-2s, but the launch angle is the same.  To put it differently, my T200 150-yard club now flies a bit higher than my previous 150-yard club.  Dispersion, both distance and lateral, is good, forgiveness is good, turf interaction feels good.  I don't believe any club is transformative, but these are good solid tools.

I read your input on the other site.....thanks! 

I've been gaming T200's for almost a year now. I'm tall and use KBS Tour X-flex shafts. 1" long. 4° up. Did not go with the 200's because of length but they are almost a full club longer than my old i20's. I went 200's over 100's because I thought they would be more forgiving and have not been disappointed. Pretty sleek. Like the turf interaction. Play has improved with these. I would recommend giving them a look.

39. 11 hdcp. 7i-185.

Edited by benbbcck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2020 at 10:24 AM, SwooshLT said:

I remember when I went from stiff 105T shafts in 2012 AP1's to regular 105T shafts, same heads.  The game got a lot easier and my scoring improved.

Some players benefit from stiffer shafts; not me, I try too hard with them.

• Like 3
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

6 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

i think you’ve found an excellent iron. Have a buddy who dropped the coin for custom Mavrik Pro irons, which are a pretty small blade if you have not seen them, and he really struggled. He still has them but has a few T200 iron demos he has added to test and he says they fit him a lot better. (He was a Titleist guy — still playing 910 driver — and I think he’s headed back! They’re not huge heads, just a little more comfort. So I may get to hit one on the course if we get some better weather. I don’t like testing irons indoors, it just doesn’t tell me much. 

I've seen the mavrik pro.....nice looking but I think T200 looks a smidge better !

I've gotten the short irons extended to fit me (1/2") and swapped the 4-7 amt black for amt red.......

Turf interaction is really noticeable after being built to my specs......just perfect entry into the ground WITHOUT digging!  Unsure of the bounce numbers but I also believe these have a pre-worn sole.

I'll play on Tuesday and will have a better report 

So I'm giving the T200's a hard look.   39 with a 1.5 index, 7 iron(36*) carry is 165-70ish and dropping.   Currently have Miura CB-1008 but I'm just too erratic with my irons. I'm starting to lose some length so I'm about to swallow my pride and go to the longest/most forgiving iron that I can stand to look down on, but I am very picky about appearance at address.  At this point its between the T200 and the MP 20 HMB and a possible look at P770.  Gonna do a deep dive on both over the winter but does anyone have experience with any of these for comparison? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bjfed said:

So I'm giving the T200's a hard look.   39 with a 1.5 index, 7 iron(36*) carry is 165-70ish and dropping.   Currently have Miura CB-1008 but I'm just too erratic with my irons. I'm starting to lose some length so I'm about to swallow my pride and go to the longest/most forgiving iron that I can stand to look down on, but I am very picky about appearance at address.  At this point its between the T200 and the MP 20 HMB and a possible look at P770.  Gonna do a deep dive on both over the winter but does anyone have experience with any of these for comparison? 

You should look at all of them. I’d be interested in what you think. I have

not had any time with the new 770. I thought the original was just great. Simple, effective with tungsten bars in long irons. 

I have looked at the HMB and I found it to be surprisingly large. To my eye it comes off as notably bigger and thicker than the T200. Of the larger hollow body types (I would call the T200 midsized but on the more svelte end of midsized) I liked the Cobra Forged Tec profile more than the HMB, but the new 770 probably beats them both in compactness. But I don’t know it matches up with the T200. 

I'm getting more leery of "pro" or "players" clubs now that I hit 60. Like everyone else, I want maximum forgiveness, but less of the bulkiness. I am afraid of overbuying my ability like I did with the Mavrik Pros. Those clubs are beautiful, just too much for me now. I am trying to recreate what I had with my favorite irons of all time, Callaway X20 Tours. Those were a great midsized iron.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gregh729 said:

I'm getting more leery of "pro" or "players" clubs now that I hit 60. Like everyone else, I want maximum forgiveness, but less of the bulkiness. I am afraid of overbuying my ability like I did with the Mavrik Pros. Those clubs are beautiful, just too much for me now. I am trying to recreate what I had with my favorite irons of all time, Callaway X20 Tours. Those were a great midsized iron.

I think you’re the perfect candidate for T200's.....not overly big nor blade-sized......with, despite the lofts, are easy to hit and plenty forgiving in a very nice package 

I game the T300s 4-48 degree but in hindsight wish I would have got a blended set with 4-6 in T300 and 7-48 in the T200s. Not much market for blended sets in resale or trade in though

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5

Callaway Steelhead XR   5 wood

Callaway GBB            20 degree hybrid

Callaway  B 21           4-PW

CBX Zipcore       48-54-58

2015 Scotty Cameron GoLo 5

Vice Pro Soft 

Golf Pride 2G white