Ebay’s New Payment Routine

icecat88

2 hours ago, nsxguy said:

So ?

You have a contract with eBay and are required to refund returns. Doesn't matter if you've "withdrawn" sales $$$ so they can't "grab" it.

If one of your sales is cancelled/returned you're going to have to give them back that money anyway. So what's the difference if they "take" it ?

Same thing with your payroll. If you're working with such a small capital reserve that your payroll checks clearing depends on "current" sales NOT being canceled/refunded, you're way too short of operating capital.

I have no such contract. I stopped using eBay around 2005 because of their lop sided practices.  Well before they required you to allow returns.  

returns are responsible for more retail  markup than any single one thing.  People who aren’t smart enough to buy are a mystery to me.  I’ve returned exactly 0 things in the last 10 or more years.  Because I know what I’m doing before I buy.  Returns should be the exception. Not the rule.   But I digress. 

there is no rule that states that you need to keep your working  capitol in a checking account that can be accessed.  The best way to keep it is to not.  Maybe you just hav it falling out of all pockets ?  I don’t know . 

the point though is this.  Read slowly.  The point is not to “ get out of a refund “.  The point would be to not have it yanked from your personal account , linked to eBay , which can potentially cause you issues.  Now if you have no money worries. Bravo.  I’m speaking to the little people.  🤦‍♂️- we balance a checkbook daily , and want to know before hand when we are having to pay a bill or lose money to eBay.  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, brew4eagle said:

Agreed, I don't see the difference either.  One way or another you should be providing the refund.  Fortunately I've never had to deal with this, but I assume something similar would have happened in the past with an ebay / paypal dispute even if you had moved the funds out of paypal.

Right. Nobody is saying to get out of the refund.  I was assuming they are cutting PayPal out of the loop and are depositing directly to you , thus pulling a refund directly from you.        

so for instance.  Wife writes the mortgage , plus 4-5 other bills .... you sell a $2000 iron set on eBay.  She sees the deposit and pays a couple more bills before payday.  Then poof.  A week later eBay yanks the $2k back.  You might have instant issues.  Or you might be good.  But I’d prefer it was linked to an account with no other liability.  Seems easy to understand to me.  But hey. Maybe its crazy talk.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I have no such contract. I stopped using eBay around 2005 because of their lop sided practices.  Well before they required you to allow returns.  

returns are responsible for more retail  markup than any single one thing.  People who aren’t smart enough to buy are a mystery to me.  I’ve returned exactly 0 things in the last 10 or more years.  Because I know what I’m doing before I buy.  Returns should be the exception. Not the rule.   But I digress. 

there is no rule that states that you need to keep your working  capitol in a checking account that can be accessed.  The best way to keep it is to not.  Maybe you just hav it falling out of all pockets ?  I don’t know . 

the point though is this.  Read slowly.  The point is not to “ get out of a refund “.  The point would be to not have it yanked from your personal account , linked to eBay , which can potentially cause you issues.  Now if you have no money worries. Bravo.  I’m speaking to the little people.  🤦‍♂️- we balance a checkbook daily , and want to know before hand when we are having to pay a bill or lose money to eBay.  

Firstly, that "you" is a generic you, meaning a seller on eBay, NOT you personally.

The rest ? Well, that's an awful lot of words to essentially say nothing.

So what issues can it cause you to have eBay pull refund funds from your account ? If you withdrew all the money and it became overdrawn ? LOL

Whatever account you're using, as a "businessperson", you shouldn't be spending your money before it's (really) yours - and that includes the period where a refund may be requested.

And fine, use a different account other than you personal one. No biggie.

Just don't let your wife see it. LOL

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

8 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Right. Nobody is saying to get out of the refund.  I was assuming they are cutting PayPal out of the loop and are depositing directly to you , thus pulling a refund directly from you.        

so for instance.  Wife writes the mortgage , plus 4-5 other bills .... you sell a $2000 iron set on eBay.  She sees the deposit and pays a couple more bills before payday.  Then poof.  A week later eBay yanks the $2k back.  You might have instant issues.  Or you might be good.  But I’d prefer it was linked to an account with no other liability.  Seems easy to understand to me.  But hey. Maybe its crazy talk.  

I control all the finances so not an issue, but I understand what you're getting at.  I also linked ebay to my money market account, not a primary checking account, which rarely has money coming out of it.

• Thanks 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

8 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Firstly, that "you" is a generic you, meaning a seller on eBay, NOT you personally.

The rest ? Well, that's an awful lot of words to essentially say nothing.

So what issues can it cause you to have eBay pull refund funds from your account ? If you withdrew all the money and it became overdrawn ? LOL

Whatever account you're using, as a "businessperson", you shouldn't be spending your money before it's (really) yours - and that includes the period where a refund may be requested.

And fine, use a different account other than you personal one. No biggie.

Just don't let your wife see it. LOL

Sorry boss. But you clearly haven’t ever ran an actual small business.  And it’s ok.  I find that most corporate employees do not get it.  I’m 20 years open this year at the same location , and I have no business debt. Own the building and   I took no PPP money from the government for Covid. Etc.  so i think I can handle it.  And I’ve had many , many a week where mondays receipts payed Friday’s payroll.   Now I can borrow as a fall back , or sell assets.  But I always manage to hustle my way clear of that. 

at any rate.  If anything I’ve said offends. Discard it.  I simply was offering my opinion. I guess a disclaimer was needed. “ ****may not work for you. But has worked for me “. *****How’s that ? 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

39 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Sorry boss. But you clearly haven’t ever ran an actual small business.  And it’s ok.  I find that most corporate employees do not get it.  I’m 20 years open this year at the same location , and I have no business debt. Own the building and   I took no PPP money from the government for Covid. Etc.  so i think I can handle it.  And I’ve had many , many a week where mondays receipts payed Friday’s payroll.   Now I can borrow as a fall back , or sell assets.  But I always manage to hustle my way clear of that. 

at any rate.  If anything I’ve said offends. Discard it.  I simply was offering my opinion. I guess a disclaimer was needed. “ ****may not work for you. But has worked for me “. *****How’s that ? 

Fair enough and you're right. I've never owned a small business; at least not one where I've had employees.

I wonder how many businesses, in normal, non-covid time, can not make payroll without that week's receipts.

Seems to me that such businesses are operating without enough cash-on-hand.

Just the observations of a non-business owner. :classic_wink:

• Thanks 1

Titleist Pro V1X

I’m on the same page as Blade here. When I was in the car business and had a small floor plan, anytime I had a balance in the account I went in and paid off something. Would have been nice to have it debt free like Blade, but wasn’t quite that flush. 

So absolutely someone pulling money out of the account could have been very problematic. 

• Thanks 1

I opened a separate checking account for the reasons bladehunter alluded to.   No need to muddy the waters between my fun golf money and my Bill money. 

Also, there are more than a few threads of bogus return requests etc that buyers  try to pull, scams or just plain mix ups.  PayPal had been my buffer to that again keeping golf money separate.  Took me 30 seconds to open a new checking account that isn’t linked to anything, well it’s linked to PayPal but not my personal checking.  

It’s not about getting out of a refund, more just keeping things clean and separate. 

Edited by Bigjim1022
  • Like 1

I opened 2 new accounts to deal with this and deleted all of my old accounts from Ebay. I found the capital one app about the easiest way to open accounts. I opened 2 free checking accounts and just linked one to ebay. I totally empty it into my 2nd account every time ebay dumps money into it. I'm curious to see what happens when Ebay tries to force a refund on me. I'm sure they would just shut down my ability to sell, but they won't have access to my money. I can make email addresses all day long to create new Ebay accounts. Heck, have of the big sellers there do it to bid on their own items anyway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

I opened 2 new accounts to deal with this and deleted all of my old accounts from Ebay. I found the capital one app about the easiest way to open accounts. I opened 2 free checking accounts and just linked one to ebay. I totally empty it into my 2nd account every time ebay dumps money into it. I'm curious to see what happens when Ebay tries to force a refund on me. I'm sure they would just shut down my ability to sell, but they won't have access to my money. I can make email addresses all day long to create new Ebay accounts. Heck, have of the big sellers there do it to bid on their own items anyway.

Well, being that you "signed" an agreement with eBay to open your account in the first place I expect you wouldn't be too surprised if they tried to enforce it.

That said, if you refused to pay back the seller if eBay determined your were required to reimburse him/her, surely they would at least close your account.

And sure, you can open a new one with zero feedback and hope potential buyers don't care. Maybe even use a VPN to hide your IP (and other IDs of your device ?).

But then, aren't you required to give your name, address and telephone number ? Don't you think they'd have some sort of crosschecking software to detect multiple accounts ?

Whether it is worth their while to come after you is anybody's guess. On the one hand it'd probably cost them more(?) to come after you (although I'm sure their expenses would be added onto the amount you "owe" them).

But on the other hand they certainly don't want it to "get around" that a user is not required to refund according to their policies.

You will keep us updated if/when this all goes down, yes ? :classic_wink:

Titleist Pro V1X

6 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Well, being that you "signed" an agreement with eBay to open your account in the first place I expect you wouldn't be too surprised if they tried to enforce it.

That said, if you refused to pay back the seller if eBay determined your were required to reimburse him/her, surely they would at least close your account.

And sure, you can open a new one with zero feedback and hope potential buyers don't care. Maybe even use a VPN to hide your IP (and other IDs of your device ?).

But then, aren't you required to give your name, address and telephone number ? Don't you think they'd have some sort of crosschecking software to detect multiple accounts ?

Whether it is worth their while to come after you is anybody's guess. On the one hand it'd probably cost them more(?) to come after you (although I'm sure their expenses would be added onto the amount you "owe" them).

But on the other hand they certainly don't want it to "get around" that a user is not required to refund according to their policies.

You will keep us updated if/when this all goes down, yes ? :classic_wink:

There are plenty of documented cases in the Deal or No Deal section here where sellers of golf goods drive up their own sales. Ebay allows it because it means more money for them. My way is a hassle, but it protects me from the one crazy seller that buys a high value item then makes a crazy claim. I may fully lose my account, but is that really a huge deal? There are plenty of other places to sell and Ebay is quickly losing market share. They have now managed to keep a bigger share for themselves by phasing out paypal and I have no issue with that. My issue lies with the one sidedness of protecting buyers in 99% of the cases.  

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 7:17 PM, bladehunter said:

Any business person should have had the acumen to take the PPP money. Insane not to do so. I hate the government and all sides of it. But when they forgave pretty much all loans, there’s not a reason a business shouldn’t accept it, other than being too proud. 

42 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Even if the money isn't in the account, I'd think Ebay would be able to reverse the transaction that was deposited into the account.  I doubt they wait for some sort of 'ok' from the seller to get the money back.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

13 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

Even if the money isn't in the account, I'd think Ebay would be able to reverse the transaction that was deposited into the account.  I doubt they wait for some sort of 'ok' from the seller to get the money back.

I'm sure they can reverse it. I think that has always been the case. Unfortunately, the money won't be in the account. I'm sure that we leave me negative to Capital One. They are about as clueless as ebay...open another account. Rinse and repeat. I'll let Capital One, representing me, argue with Ebay. If I have proof of an item sent correctly, I bet my bank will side with me over Ebay. 

Edited by cardia10

18 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

There are plenty of documented cases in the Deal or No Deal section here where sellers of golf goods drive up their own sales. Ebay allows it because it means more money for them. My way is a hassle, but it protects me from the one crazy seller that buys a high value item then makes a crazy claim. I may fully lose my account, but is that really a huge deal? There are plenty of other places to sell and Ebay is quickly losing market share. They have now managed to keep a bigger share for themselves by phasing out paypal and I have no issue with that. My issue lies with the one sidedness of protecting buyers in 99% of the cases.  

Let's not confuse different issues.

Sellers using other accounts to drive up bidding is one thing. eBay siding with buyers 99% of the time is, in MY experience, a myth. But that's only a sidebar here.

You were, and I was, referring to eBay not being able to easily access "your" money to refund a buyer.

Now the "one sidedness" of protecting the buyer ? Doesn't matter since we signed an agreement.

That said, re the 99% you quoted - I've had 2 issues with buyers (other than a case or 2 of the buyer wanting me to cancel their bid because of whatever).

One was after the buyer bought the item and I'd already shipped it and he wanted eBay to cancel the sale. No dice, eBay said "You bought it". Done and done.

The other was after USPS dropped a putter off on the buyer's front porch. Buyer said it was stolen. eBay said USPS said it was delivered, no refund". I felt sorry for the guy but what could *I* do ?

In any case, other sites ? No worries. Up to you. 👍

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

Just now, nsxguy said:

Sellers using other accounts to drive up bidding is one thing. eBay siding with buyers 99% of the time is, in MY experience, a myth. But that's only a sidebar here.

You were, and I was, referring to eBay not being able to easily access "your" money to refund a buyer.

Now the "one sidedness" of protecting the buyer ? Doesn't matter since we signed an agreement.

That said, re the 99% you quoted - I've had 2 issues with buyers (other than a case or 2 of the buyer wanting me to cancel their bid because of whatever).

One was after the buyer bought the item and I'd already shipped it and he wanted eBay to cancel the sale. No dice, eBay said "You bought it". Done and done.

The other was after USPS dropped a putter off on the buyer's front porch. Buyer said it was stolen. eBay said USPS said it was delivered, no refund". I felt sorry for the guy but what could *I* do ?

My 1 and only negative with 800 feedback was over a LOL kids toy, unopened. Had extra after last Christmas from my 5 year old. I sold it, shipped it. Buyer got it, opened it and didn't get the one they wanted. Didn't even ask to return it. Claimed it was fake. I sent Ebay the actual reciept where it was purchased from Wal Mart. They sided with her, took the money and let her keep it. All I could do was leave her a positive but absolutely trash her in the comments and block her. I hate to see every time she sells an item and it doesn't get paid for....I'm sure she has created another account by now.

19 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

Any business person should have had the acumen to take the PPP money. Insane not to do so. I hate the government and all sides of it. But when they forgave pretty much all loans, there’s not a reason a business shouldn’t accept it, other than being too proud. 

Better consult a very competent tax accountant and attorney.    

the rules regarding that money not only have barbs . They change weekly.  Independent of the legislation.  

It is not 100 % “ don’t have to pay back “. It depends on many things.

It is not to be used for anything except payroll.  And the hitch to that is.  Payroll doesn’t cover sole proprietors or an LLC where an owner doesn’t pay himself a salary.  In other words if you pay yourself a random non regular draw based on profits , you don’t show the average payroll required to qualify.  

That being said.  I did qualify.  And I did fill out paperwork.  But after reading all the fine print , I rescinded the application.  8x federal statutes are mentioned with jail time. All pertaining to fraudulent use.  Couple that with the  fact that the SBA changes the rules sheet daily , my gut said to consult a competent attorney.  And he shared some horror stories that  turned my stomach.   I noped all the way out of that one.  

in short. They haven’t forgiven a cent.  Yet.  

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

My 1 and only negative with 800 feedback was over a LOL kids toy, unopened. Had extra after last Christmas from my 5 year old. I sold it, shipped it. Buyer got it, opened it and didn't get the one they wanted. Didn't even ask to return it. Claimed it was fake. I sent Ebay the actual reciept where it was purchased from Wal Mart. They sided with her, took the money and let her keep it. All I could do was leave her a positive but absolutely trash her in the comments and block her. I hate to see every time she sells an item and it doesn't get paid for....I'm sure she has created another account by now.

That’s a joke but doesn’t surprise me whatsoever. 

I have not changed over to the new platform. 

eBay has a huge outreach but it almost isn’t worth it anymore for me. The fact that they predominately side with buyers false claims , the never ending fees and now withholding of funds is just plain aggravating and I think that’s made me think twice about being a seller for more expensive golf items. Especially with all the newbies that just started playing golf due to our circumstances. Although I have 0 negative feedbacks with over 1400 transactions , I’ve dealt with a few buyers remorse situations that excelled my resting heart rate more than id like. The few times I’ve had to go through it , it’s like pulling teeth to get a rep that understands reading comprehension beyond a 4th grade level. Talk to 5 reps and get 4 different answers. It’s just becoming more of a joke with every change. 

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

Good to know, thanks. I've changed all my eBay sales to signature required because of stolen issues. But if this is the case now USPS says delivered, I can save a couple of bucks.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

5 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Good to know, thanks. I've changed all my eBay sales to signature required because of stolen issues. But if this is the case now USPS says delivered, I can save a couple of bucks.

As a seller one needs to keep in ming though that if the package is NOT delivered, or is delivered in damaged condition, it is up to the seller to insure the package to his own satisfaction.

USPS includes $50 insurance if you send it Priority but any additional value is on you, even if the P.O. loses or damages it.

I've found that Priority generally runs about $2-3 more than ground, includes $50 insurance and tracking so I just send everything Priority anyway. (Not sure you can even track a normal ground package)

Edited by nsxguy

Titleist Pro V1X

so I just made a sale under the new payment system. I have yet ship out nor print the shipping label. I'd like to know if the payment will process before I ship out or if I need to ship out in order to trigger payment completion? Right now the status shows as processing in the transaction detail page but not sure if I should trust it. I've chosen a daily payout schedule just FYI. 

4 minutes ago, milmatic said:

so I just made a sale under the new payment system. I have yet ship out nor print the shipping label. I'd like to know if the payment will process before I ship out or if I need to ship out in order to trigger payment completion? Right now the status shows as processing in the transaction detail page but not sure if I should trust it. I've chosen a daily payout schedule just FYI. 

I'm not sure.  I just went ahead and shipped right away, and then 2 to 3 days later I received notification that payment was processing.  I trust the system and don't think the buyer should have to wait 2 to 3 days after they've already paid, just because ebay has changed things.  I know as a buyer I appreciate immediate shipment after I've sent funds.

• Thanks 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

1 hour ago, milmatic said:

Not sure what you mean by the payment "processing". Didn't eBay tell you ?

I mean, under the old system, once your item was paid for eBay would tell you "You can now ship". Haven't sold anything yet under the new system.

Doesn't their email(?) (or the site) tell you you're good to go ? If not, I'd wait to ship until they say the payment from the seller is completed (or some such). shrug.gif

Titleist Pro V1X

Just now, nsxguy said:

Not sure what you mean by the payment "processing". Didn't eBay tell you ?

I mean, under the old system, once your item was paid for eBay would tell you "You can now ship". Haven't sold anything yet under the new system.

Doesn't their email(?) (or the site) tell you you're good to go ? If not, I'd wait to ship until they say the payment from the seller is completed (or some such). shrug.gif

Iirc, ebay lets you know 'you've been paid' or similar right away.  So I see that as time to ship.  Then a few days later ebay lets you know funds are being released to your bank account. 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

10 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Better consult a very competent tax accountant and attorney.    

the rules regarding that money not only have barbs . They change weekly.  Independent of the legislation.  

It is not 100 % “ don’t have to pay back “. It depends on many things.

It is not to be used for anything except payroll.  And the hitch to that is.  Payroll doesn’t cover sole proprietors or an LLC where an owner doesn’t pay himself a salary.  In other words if you pay yourself a random non regular draw based on profits , you don’t show the average payroll required to qualify.  

That being said.  I did qualify.  And I did fill out paperwork.  But after reading all the fine print , I rescinded the application.  8x federal statutes are mentioned with jail time. All pertaining to fraudulent use.  Couple that with the  fact that the SBA changes the rules sheet daily , my gut said to consult a competent attorney.  And he shared some horror stories that  turned my stomach.   I noped all the way out of that one.  

in short. They haven’t forgiven a cent.  Yet.  

Being a CPA and having gone to law school, I feel pretty good about my decision. 

8 hours ago, Judge Smales said:

Being a CPA and having gone to law school, I feel pretty good about my decision. 

No problem.  That’s why it’s important to have learned discussion. I decided I didn’t like the risk. That risk might be perfectly acceptable for someone who isn’t a sole proprietor with 100 % of the onus hanging on his head. 

At any rate. It wasn’t/isnt the free and clear handout like the stimulus checks . And that’s how most assume it is.  Those checks didn’t come with a multi page contract to sign.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

No problem.  That’s why it’s important to have learned discussion. I decided I didn’t like the risk. That risk might be perfectly acceptable for someone who isn’t a sole proprietor with 100 % of the onus hanging on his head. 

At any rate. It wasn’t/isnt the free and clear handout like the stimulus checks . And that’s how most assume it is.  Those checks didn’t come with a multi page contract to sign.  

My non profit just received the money and it was actually quite clear. It is 100% grant of spent on payroll, utilities and a handful of other items. If it is spent on anything not listed, it is a loan. I signed my name once and initialed 6 boxes that we understood it would have to be repaid if it wasn’t used for the items listed. 

3 hours ago, cardia10 said:

My non profit just received the money and it was actually quite clear. It is 100% grant of spent on payroll, utilities and a handful of other items. If it is spent on anything not listed, it is a loan. I signed my name once and initialed 6 boxes that we understood it would have to be repaid if it wasn’t used for the items listed. 

It maybe cemented now.  But 9-10 months ago we where watching the SBA website daily for rule changes.  There were YouTube  Chanel’s dedicated to trying to update the changes and explain them.  If you followed it , it was less than confidence inspiring.  There was a time limit to spend it , ( around 8 weeks. ) during which we were shut down. So how do you spend it on payroll ? Closed equals no payroll.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

51 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

It maybe cemented now.  But 9-10 months ago we where watching the SBA website daily for rule changes.  There were YouTube  Chanel’s dedicated to trying to update the changes and explain them.  If you followed it , it was less than confidence inspiring.  There was a time limit to spend it , ( around 8 weeks. ) during which we were shut down. So how do you spend it on payroll ? Closed equals no payroll.  

Our accountant did the new training Monday, said to apply and had the money Friday. Basically said if we could show, rent, utilities and salaries were maintained thru COVID we could take it. The application was 3 pages and pretty simple. We will have to now show enough expenses within the past and future 6 months (not positive on time frame) to keep the money and be granted forgiveness. We will begin forgiveness docs Monday as we have plenty of expenses prior to cover us. We aren’t spending a dime of the money until we get some kind of all clear letter to be safe though. 

• Like 1