The Stack System

Max21

• 1 month later...

I finally bit the bullet and ordered TSS. Now just have to wait until October to get it... 

889422059_CookieMonster.gif.f913a4b63b336c942cbc6ebf80da5ce6.gif

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST (10.5*) / Ventus Red 6X

Ping G430 Max (15*) / Ventus Red 7X

Srixon Z785 4-PW Accra 115i Green

Ping Glide 2.0 46* SS / 52* SS 58* TS Accra 120i Wedge

Wilson Infinite North Side

Titleist Pro V1X

First few workouts in the foundation program, I was very inconsistent as others have mentioned and felt draggy, like I wasn’t recovering well enough. Started supplementing glutamine and creatine and the inconsistency disappeared, being replaced by a fairly steady increase.

49AE28BB-3C2D-4B87-BF51-7B5773C2B8B4.jpeg.22b2f510e0f14baf300d6a70d2067c82.jpeg

Edited by bcflyguy1
  • Like 2

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Thanks for the reminder on Creatine, I cycled off for a few months and have been feeling tired lately !  My swing speed is up almost 20mph (after 9 months) with the sticks but actual driver swing speed has not increased by much at all (3-4mph ). However im seeing the speed increase in my irons ( 8-12mph) 

Edited by puresurfr
  • Like 1

Slacked off and never finished the foundations program, but I felt like I was getting quicker lately including hitting 120 on trackman at a lesson. It scheduled me for two ‘return to form’ sessions, going to try and stick with it.

B2967F2D-5E7D-4530-B10A-2253513851BB.jpeg

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf
  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10° TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15° Devotion HB 75-X
Wilson Staff Utility 3/21° HZRDUS 4G 6.5
Wilson Staff Blades 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

To those who already have their stack, do they communicate much outside of the app once you have the unit? I have been shocked that since I ordered mine that I haven't received almost any emails from them. It is supposed to ship in October, but I was expecting more communication or maybe some "do this while you wait" kinds of emails. I just got my PRGR monitor in and am waiting out the last few weeks till it hopefully ships.

Ping G430 LST (10.5*) / Ventus Red 6X

Ping G430 Max (15*) / Ventus Red 7X

Srixon Z785 4-PW Accra 115i Green

Ping Glide 2.0 46* SS / 52* SS 58* TS Accra 120i Wedge

Wilson Infinite North Side

Titleist Pro V1X

Has anyone here experienced elbow pain while training?  I made it about 2/3rds of the way through the Foundations course.  I quit because I had a couple of big events coming up that I didn't want to have pain in my swing for.  The pain goes away when not doing TSS workouts.  I'd love to figure out the best way to treat this because I was making some really good gains in the app and was noticing an increase in distance on the course as well.

4 hours ago, jimmythanut said:

Has anyone here experienced elbow pain while training?  I made it about 2/3rds of the way through the Foundations course.  I quit because I had a couple of big events coming up that I didn't want to have pain in my swing for.  The pain goes away when not doing TSS workouts.  I'd love to figure out the best way to treat this because I was making some really good gains in the app and was noticing an increase in distance on the course as well.

I had some elbow soreness and even swelling, but pressed on and both went away.

WITB Link

On 9/13/2022 at 12:54 PM, jimmythanut said:

I dont remember the foundation programs but if your elbows are hurting, I would either stop or just swing "FULL",  the "MAX" swings take a toll on your body, especially if u are injured.  Ive been using stack system for almost 10 months now and there are periods where I will back off or even take a break.  I also do not pay much attention to grit score.  Often I will do a workout and then the stack and then play 18 holes and then play 36 holes the next day and its time to stack again.  Young bodies may be able to push through this with ease but im pushing 60 and a injury lasts forever.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the TSS in Early Spetember with an October delivery.  Any September delivery people rembember when in the month you received your's?  I was eager and woke up today hoping to see an ETA.

Callaway Rogue 9 Diamana D+ S72g /Titleist 917D3 9.5 HZRDS Yellow 6.0
Callaway M2 3HL/Titleist 917F3 15*
Callaway M2 3HB
Titleist 716 CB 4-PW / Mizuno MP30 4-PW
Titleist SM6 50/54/58
Scotty Phantom x 5.5

• 3 weeks later...

Mine arrived today and I did the baseline test. One minor surprise and a major surprise for me.

The minor surprise that my actual driver speed (115) was faster than the eSpeed based on swinging the stack with the 195g weight (only swung it at 102, for a driver eSpeed of 111).

The major surprise was that my left / lead arm was 3 mph faster than my right arm. I would have bet the house that my right arm would be substantially faster.

Initial thoughts are that everything about the hardware and app is slick and well made and thought out. I especially like the warm up and resting part of the program because my issue with speed training in the past has been injury and this will hopefully help to prevent that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone run into the issue with PRGR showing significantly lower SS?  Started my program yesterday and tried to do baseline driver numbers and it was showing around 80mph when I'm actually around 105.  Sasho directed me to a link that said to try with hitting a ball as some people swing slower without one... but I am swinging hard like my normal on course swing and there's no way it's 25mph slower.  I'll give it a try at the range tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Is it common to get a faulty PRGR black device?  I've tried placing it in all different distances, height and directions with same results.

Edited by yonghov

Bandon Dunes 2016
Scottsdale 2017
Pinehurst 2018
Masters 2019

Bandon Dunes 2022

41 minutes ago, yonghov said:

Anyone run into the issue with PRGR showing significantly lower SS?  Started my program yesterday and tried to do baseline driver numbers and it was showing around 80mph when I'm actually around 105.  Sasho directed me to a link that said to try with hitting a ball as some people swing slower without one... but I am swinging hard like my normal on course swing and there's no way it's 25mph slower.  I'll give it a try at the range tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Is it common to get a faulty PRGR black device?  I've tried placing it in all different distances, height and directions with same results.

That is quite odd. I occasionally have trouble with the PRGR triggering on the take-away when making max swings, but it doesn't show anything like 80 mph when it does that.

WITB Link

45 minutes ago, yonghov said:

Sorry to hear, but I've had no issues with the PRGR. Possible faulty device? Can you have a friend try to see if there's is consistently off as well?

8 hours ago, yonghov said:

Never had a problem like that.

Unit is new? Batteries are new?

My positioning is slightly elevated, 2-3’ directly behind. 

4 hours ago, CSagan said:

Do any of the lower end speed radar devices measure high ballspeeds? I have a Garmin G80 that maxes out at 178 for some reason. Just wondering if anyone has gotten over that accurately on some other device.

I’ve hit 185 ball speed on PRGR. Reguarly in low 180’s. Trackman sessions back this up as well. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone here used the junior model just to account for lower ceilings? 41" on the standard is still too much of a risk for me but my old swingsetter trainer is about 38" long and would be ok.

Disappointing after all this time it is IOS only though.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

Cally Rogue ST Max 3w - Ventus Blue 6s

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up with the junior model and it swings just fine in my house. IMO its a very well made tool, not entirely sure its worth $350 but so far I have no complaints as far as that goes. I have a very old ipad that I got back up and running to use with it - it also works fine so far. 

I went with the PRGR because I've had bad luck with two separate SSRs in the past - I found them to just be too inconsistent. My "on course" swing that I use on the range right now is 106 mph - meaning, I'm not trying to kill it, I give what I'd consider my genuine on course swing, and right now its averages 106.

My whole goal is to get that number to go up - I dont care about chasing numbers in the app or where things are relative to other workouts. Every couple weeks I'll take the PRGR to the range before I play and see where we're at. That will be my checkpoint.

I could see this being a useful tool as well for winter workouts just in having a good club to swing. IMO a lot of what I've read shows that people - coincidentally maybe - are given the same exact workouts. Wouldn't be too hard to just make some notes in terms of what the workouts are and do them on your own. But I would probably not pay $100 a year for this.

Compare that to the Fit for Golf training app and that is something I happily pay that much for.

But - we'll see how it goes, not sure how many folks are still active in this thread anyway 🙂

Edited by dcmidnight
  • Like 1

@dcmidnight I'm still using it. My rate of gain has slowed, but still seeing a shallow, steady increase.

Was in a bad car accident this weekend and all my golf equipment including the Stack may be a write-off because it was in the trunk when I got rear ended at a red light by a woman doing 50+ who never touched the brakes. I expect to be ordering another Stack stick later this week along with about 16 new replacement clubs, new bag, new pushcart, new rangefinder... 

Edited by bcflyguy1
  • Sad 3

WITB Link

29 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

@dcmidnight I'm still using it. My rate of gain has slowed, but still seeing a shallow, steady increase.

Was in a bad car accident this weekend and all my golf equipment including the Stack may be a write-off because it was in the trunk when I got rear ended at a red light by a woman doing 50+ who never touched the brakes. I expect to be ordering another Stack stick later this week along with about 16 new replacement clubs, new bag, new pushcart, new rangefinder, new bag... 

Sorry to hear, thankfully those things are replaceable. I hope you are physically Ok. 

If you can get to the clubs, try to salvage the heads, and thankfully Stack has them back in stock, I just ordered it last week and it is in the mail.

Good luck!! 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Ventus Black 60x

Sim2 15* GD Tour Ad Hd 

Callaway X Hot pro 20* Hybrind Tour AD HD 95x

Srixon ZX-7 4-p Modus 120x

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58

Lab Mezz Max C/B 

I’m back using mine. Tweaked my back using it in early August and had to stop all golf for about 10 days. Decided to put Stack aside until the season ended. Only saw ~4 mph gain in the 10 months I used it before hurting myself but it did keep me swinging all last Winter, which I had never done before. 

29 minutes ago, Long Shot said:

Sorry to hear, thankfully those things are replaceable. I hope you are physically Ok. 

If you can get to the clubs, try to salvage the heads, and thankfully Stack has them back in stock, I just ordered it last week and it is in the mail.

Good luck!! 

Think you'll enjoy it; most people see really good results during the initial Foundation protocol.

• Like 1

WITB Link

Just finished first session.  Seemed to make some gains but haven't seen it translate on course.  38 y.o. for a few more months.

App is recommending Full Speed Spectrum next, which was a pleasant surprise (seems most get Foundation the second time around).

Here's my progress:

c.png.186938ae2fff2f8fbece04e32ce24a7f.png

d.png.47f191f55c1a10f9d411c53952b83d88.png

b.png.fe485e9e331f77400a7b395888513e85.png

Also, shout out to Martin Chuck @HitSomeMissSome noticed he is posting along with us regular guys.  His latest videos on TXG are great!

Edited by thigos

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

I’m 14 sessions in and starting to see small gains.

My main issue is I’m feeling a bit banged up. How are other people in the 40+ cohort doing with speed training? 

Currently dealing with a sore middle finger on my right hand, sore right wrist and forearm and sore ribs on my right hand side. 

Edited by GolfTurkey

3 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

My main issue is I’m feeling a bit banged up. How are other people in the 40+ cohort doing with speed training? 

Currently dealing with a sore middle finger on my right hand, sore right wrist and forearm and sore ribs on my right hand side. 

Without seeing your swing, I’d say you are swinging harder not trying to find a way to swing faster. What I mean by that is you have all kinds of levers to utilize in order to swing more efficiently to produce more speed. 

You can swing/throw the club back faster ala Dr kwon. 

On top of that if you do it forcefully enough you get the Josh Koch “upload” which is essentially unweighting or a counter move so that you can jump in the downswing. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ck6fqI8tkcf/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Then you got lead shoulder adduction in transition that you can explore. 

You can increase “x factor” stretch and backswing length.  

And the list of things can go on and on. 

Here is a podcast where Sasho talks about what he did with Fitzpatrick to keep his preferred shot shape but got him more speed. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-golf-guru-show/id1366514590?i=1000568136521

Then there’s strength…Bill Miller says in his swing fast book essentially if you catn bench your own body weight among other strength tests you aren’t really as strong as you need to be to increase speed. 

4 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

I'm (late 40s) doing this as well as Fit for Golf sessions at the same time so I am generally sore - but not injured. Just different from my normal offseason routine which is....not much of anything exercise or golf related.

• Like 2