Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

12 hours ago, MichaelO said:

I signed up for this forum many years ago, but I never posted.

It's interesting to see the number of new users interested in the Bushnell Launch Pro. For more experienced folks on the forum, is this typical when a new product is launched? 

It's highly unusual, and likely because this is a very new category. It's very rare that a product goes from business/pro level to consumer with similar benefits. Can't think of the last time that happened for golf… not that many products in golf are tens of thousands, but the few that are rarely shed cousins close enough for 60-75% less in one iteration.

This might just be a good "Model T Ford"… or maybe not. We'll see if it stacks up.

• Thanks 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

So question for you simulator gurus...  If the lower tier release tomorrow has a locked spin axis, does it still read the spin axis to provide an accurate ball flight direction (thinking draw and fade accuracy) without sharing the exact number OR does it completely not read it and therefore not provide "as accurate" of a ball flight direction?

26 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

So question for you simulator gurus...  If the lower tier release tomorrow has a locked spin axis, does it still read the spin axis to provide an accurate ball flight direction (thinking draw and fade accuracy) without sharing the exact number OR does it completely not read it and therefore not provide "as accurate" of a ball flight direction?

I’d be surprised if there is ball data not measured with any version of this product. But I must say that MGS clip showing spin axis with a padlock icon is really odd, particularly because that was a GC3 - the supposedly all-unlocked version. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

I’d be surprised if there is ball data not measured with any version of this product. But I must say that MGS clip showing spin axis with a padlock icon is really odd, particularly because that was a GC3 - the supposedly all-unlocked version. 

Good catch.  Interesting.  

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I read this thread every hour as I am just getting quotes on building a shed/garage for a simulator and this one has my attention. Only concern i have based on the 50 million things I have read is that I am left handed and all my friends are right handed.  I presume if we are doing a round of golf, the switch back and forth may be annoying. But given its smaller space requirements, it can go outside and its cheaper than the eeykor, I am probably going that route

7 minutes ago, Jamesheeney said:

I read this thread every hour as I am just getting quotes on building a shed/garage for a simulator and this one has my attention. Only concern i have based on the 50 million things I have read is that I am left handed and all my friends are right handed.  I presume if we are doing a round of golf, the switch back and forth may be annoying. But given its smaller space requirements, it can go outside and its cheaper than the eeykor, I am probably going that route

If you have space, you can set the unit in the middle with a swivel and turn it around when you switch from a lefty to a right hand player. 

1 minute ago, WallysWorld said:

If you have space, you can set the unit in the middle with a swivel and turn it around when you switch from a lefty to a right hand player. 

I saw the posts on that, the issue is how much space I need width wise to do that - i havent built the shed yet but I am just investigating some zoning restrictions on size to ensure I can make it work. I may make a post in the general simulator forum for some tips on sizes but figured I would wait to see when this comes out and the reviews. Without a permit I can go 20 x 10 but I am getting intel on if I can go 20 x 16.  The issue is my wife wants to use some of the space as an actual shed 🙂 so there is an ongoing negotiation happening.

16 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

If you go to most of the LM websites, they provide some type of package deal. But not at those prices. 

This is a niche market. All of your comments are coming from a consumer's dream of getting a tour level LM at an unreasonable price. You have current options and their flaws and if you or others don't like it then  a) don't buy it and wait for something to eventually come up b) purchase what is currently available c) spend more $. 

Every country has it's own market and I'm sure they have done their research to market their product to what they believe is the current demand. 

and believe me, I'm sure all of us would agree that it would be nice to purchase all in 1 package for $6K. Unfortunately, we are in the peak of the market where all of these companies are taking advantage of the boom in the golf industry. Take a look at Fiberbuilt and TrueStrike, in the past 6-8 months, they have increased their pricing in all of their mats. 

It seems like you just like to argue for some reason. 

If you actually read my other comments I have been one of the people in this thread saying that even at $6.5k - $7k completely unlocked this unit would be a great value.

Foresight 100% took the hit during the sale when Costco was selling the sim-in-a-box package for $9 THOUSAND less than what you would pay if you bought everything directly from Foresight. Why? Cause they wanted to move units.

Doesn't really make sense for you to say foresight wouldn't sell package deals in big box stores at a steep discount when they have literally already done it before.

21 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

Most of these deals though are more expensive. This is such a niche market that and I keep harping at this because 80% of revenues from Vista Outdoors is ammo/guns sales not golf. 

Vista Outdoors market cap is $2.37B as of today, and they paid $475M for Foresight. That is a huge investment for a company of that size. They didn't just make this acquisition to continue to sell the units to the same people who are already are aware of foresight's products.

34 minutes ago, Jamesheeney said:

21 minutes ago, Jamesheeney said:

I saw the posts on that, the issue is how much space I need width wise to do that - i havent built the shed yet but I am just investigating some zoning restrictions on size to ensure I can make it work. I may make a post in the general simulator forum for some tips on sizes but figured I would wait to see when this comes out and the reviews. Without a permit I can go 20 x 10 but I am getting intel on if I can go 20 x 16.  The issue is my wife wants to use some of the space as an actual shed 🙂 so there is an ongoing negotiation happening.

Sounds like 20x16 is the minimum you should build.  That way you have the room.

5 minutes ago, mikewohlwend said:

Sounds like 20x16 is the minimum you should build.  That way you have the room.

If you have to permit it anyway and you have space....24x16. Section off a 4'x16' section on the end for actual shed use/outdoor equipment.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

1 hour ago, Indygolf21 said:

That does indeed look really odd. If it doesnt display spin axis does that mean it doesnt display the offline figure? This being so would anybody buy it? 🙂

1 hour ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

Vista Outdoors market cap is $2.37B as of today, and they paid $475M for Foresight. That is a huge investment for a company of that size. They didn't just make this acquisition to continue to sell the units to the same people who are already are aware of foresight's products.

Bingo! I am convinced that they are going to completely change the business model, have a lower priced offering that goes after the recreational user. They have the distribution network, and I would be amazed if we don't see the Bushnell Launch Pro in every golf store where range finders are sold.

• Like 1

Not related to this product but it's related to Foresight. Did Bryson change LM companies from FlightScope to Foresight? I always thought it was odd that a brand ambassador would be allowed to use another product during big events. I could only see a GCQuad during yesterday's long drive event.

If not, how is this not hurting Flightscope's brand?  

4 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

Not related to this product but it's related to Foresight. Did Bryson change LM companies from FlightScope to Foresight? I always thought it was odd that a brand ambassador would be allowed to use another product during big events. I could only see a GCQuad during yesterday's long drive event.

Perhaps Foresight is the official one for that event? 

4 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

He is a flightscope brand ambassador but he has been using the quad as well for quite some time. You will see quite a few pros with both a TM and quad setup concurrently on the range. I think they rely on the quad for club and normalized data and the TM for carry data under the conditions

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

He is a flightscope brand ambassador but he has been using the quad as well for quite some time. You will see quite a few pros with both a TM and quad setup concurrently on the range. I think they rely on the quad for club and normalized data and the TM for carry data under the conditions

Yeah I've seen him here locally using both once but lately I have only seen him with the Quad. I didn't see him using the X3 at the Ryder Cup but was using the Quad. I find this a very strange partnership. 

8 minutes ago, RGlaze978 said:

Bryson has commonly used a Quad in his personal training as well. His name is only attached to the Mevo - not the broader Flightscope brand. 

I don’t think that’s right (or at least, it didn’t used to be the case). I’ve seen him in advertisements with the X3, and I always thought that whoever negotiated his contract at Flightscope should be fired because you constantly see him using foresight and trackman despite the paid deal with Flightscope. They’ve wasted a lot of money on him - in fact, their deal with him has not only failed to help their image, it’s actually damaged it because it draws attention to the fact that they’ve got an inferior product in the eyes of their own ambassador. 

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

I don’t think that’s right (or at least, it didn’t used to be the case). I’ve seen him in advertisements with the X3, and I always thought that whoever negotiated his contract at Flightscope should be fired because you constantly see him using foresight and trackman despite the paid deal with Flightscope. They’ve wasted a lot of money on him - in fact, their deal with him has not only failed to help their image, it’s actually damaged it because it draws attention to the fact that they’ve got an inferior product in the eyes of their own ambassador. 

I don't think that is the case at all. If he was using a TM instead of an X3, OK I can see the obvious issue. Quad vs X3 is a bit more convoluted, different technologies and both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

12 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

I don't think that is the case at all. If he was using a TM instead of an X3, OK I can see the obvious issue. Quad vs X3 is a bit more convoluted, different technologies and both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

They certainly use different technologies, but they both aim to do the exact same thing - measure the golf swing and golf ball. They’re about as direct of competitors as you can get. It’d be like saying it’s not weird if someone is sponsored by Porsche but is constantly seen driving a Model S because the latter is electric. 

Edited by Indygolf21

41 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

Look at his Instagram for five minutes then come back to me and tell me I am wrong. Guy uses a Quad in his home training simulator. 

Edited by RGlaze978

16 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

They certainly use different technologies, but they both aim to do the exact same thing - measure the golf swing and golf ball. They’re about as direct of competitors as you can get. It’d be like saying it’s not weird if someone is sponsored by Porsche but is constantly seen driving a Model S because the latter is electric. 

You are entitled to your opinion. How they measure the golf ball and swing is very very different, one is largely independent of the environment and one is not. I would not say that makes the X3 inferior, just a different use case. I am guessing his contract with flightscope requires certain amount of promo time and has to be seen with the X3 for certain amounts of time and not much more than that. If he is really in breach of the contract, well at this point he probably doesn't care given his success on the course.

Either way, his normal use of the quad is definitely helping foresight lol

Edited by Krt22