Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

17 minutes ago, Benoit61 said:

Im looking at these specs for 1700CAD and one with 3060(as oppose to 3060ti) for 1500 my question is will the 10th gen i5 be able to take advantage of these video cards or does it not match up?508BD876-72EA-4439-BBBB-5A5520A0487A.jpeg.a905e8d065e3b79623198fc7b4fcdc39.jpeg

10400F isn’t unlocked so I don’t believe you can overclock it.  An F means the CPU doesn’t have integrated graphics and a K means it’s unlocked and can be overclocked with a compatible motherboard. I bought: https://www.amazon.ca/CyberpowerPC-Xtreme-i5-11600KF-GeForce-GXiVR8480A10/dp/B09DHTWR5N/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?crid=1X65DXI664MD5&dchild=1&keywords=gaming+desktop&qid=1634828725&sprefix=gaming+des&sr=8-13

this one on the US site coming this Saturday $1189 usd.  I see in Canada it’s out a month at least though.  The 3060ti card is a nice upgrade(20% faster) from the 3060. I will try to snag a 3070 or 3060ti at Best Buy hopefully at some point.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mikewohlwend said:

In my eyes a 3060 laptop will run the software just fine.  The FSX minimum requirements are a 1050 Ti.

image.png.f5196b80d6340484b361977de1b4166d.png

image.png.0dbd451d41367aca699bbbbddd56790f.png

Does the GC3 include upgrade rights to FSX Play when it is released? That being so it might have significantly higher GPU requirements so some future proofing seems sensible especially if a laptop is chosen which wont allow upgrade of the GPU in isolation.

2 minutes ago, James495738 said:

Does the GC3 include upgrade rights to FSX Play when it is released? That being so it might have significantly higher GPU requirements so some future proofing seems sensible especially if a laptop is chosen which wont allow upgrade of the GPU in isolation.

Yes my rep said we will get fsx play for free

9 minutes ago, James495738 said:

No clue.  I'd hope they would have an idea of what specs you will need to run it.  You are right that people buying laptops may be screwed.

4 minutes ago, mikewohlwend said:

No clue.  I'd hope they would have an idea of what specs you will need to run it.  You are right that people buying laptops may be screwed.

a 3060 Laptop card benchmarked at 49 frames per second on ultra settings for Red Dead Redemption 2 and 55fps on Cyberpunk 2077 at 1080p.  Those are two of the more demanding games on the benchmark tests.  I'm sure it will run FSX play reasonably well at 1080p.  FSX play may be better optimized than FSX 2020 as well even though the graphics are better.

2 minutes ago, kwettig said:

a 3060 Laptop card benchmarked at 49 frames per second on ultra settings for Red Dead Redemption 2 and 55fps on Cyberpunk 2077 at 1080p.  Those are two of the more demanding games on the benchmark tests.  I'm sure it will run FSX play reasonably well at 1080p.  FSX play may be better optimized than FSX 2020 as well even though the graphics are better.

Ya 1080 most cards can hold their own. When you start going 2k and 4k it gets dicey

27 minutes ago, James495738 said:

Yes, all firmware and software updates and upgrades are free

16 minutes ago, SpudLight said:

Got my LaunchPro had time to hit like 4 balls before i had to go into the office. Seems pretty awesome, will get a chance to mess around with it more tonight. It arrived this morning. I did receive an email this morning from Bushnell telling me it was coming.

What subscription level are you going with? Now the "fully unlocked" option is available, it will be interesting to see what they hold back to drive folks to the gold subscription (if anything) and how much they charge for extra courses etc (I assume it will be the same as gc3, but who knows?)

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

That's what I am thinking/hoping for some people.  I sent a question to Foresight asking if they had any clue on the specs needed for FSX Play.  As well as asked on one of the Youtube reviews.  The guy was running a 3090 on the video.

Here's the reply from Foresight.  

A Nvidia 1080ti should still run FSX Play without any issues.

However, if you would like to future proof your system I would attempt to go for an Nvidia 3060 ti. Though, with the current state of the computer market, these may be hard to come by.

In terms of RAM, ensure that you have 16GB for your new system.

These are the two most critical factors, and a mid to high-end Intel i7 CPU will handle the software well.

With this being said, we still have not released the official system specification recommendations for FSX Play.

1 hour ago, SpudLight said:

Got my LaunchPro had time to hit like 4 balls before i had to go into the office. Seems pretty awesome, will get a chance to mess around with it more tonight. It arrived this morning. I did receive an email this morning from Bushnell telling me it was coming.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

I am drooling all over my phone right now, congrats!

15 minutes ago, Benoit61 said:

So does that mean an i5 10400f won’t run fsx play?

I don't think that would be the case.  I am planning to use an old rig (i5-3570k with GTX970 and 16GB of ram). 

In general for gaming (and I would also assume the same holds true for golf simulator software), CPU is not the limiting factor when it comes to rending videos and graphics, the video card is by far the most important component.  If you have a desktop, I am virtually certain an i5 with RTX3080 will run FSX Play more than fine assuming you have 16GB of RAM.  Many gamers keep their gaming rig for quite some time and simply upgrade the video card as that is the most important component.

Ping G430 Max 10k 10.5* (set to 9*) - Fujikura Ventus TR 6S
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green 75 Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno Pro 243 - 5-PW - Modus 105 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

17 minutes ago, YoungJedi said:

My BLP should be here tomorrow. I got tracking this morning that it shipped yesterday. 

I plan on going with the Gold subscription for year 1 (as FSX Play likely won't come out until Q1 2022). And then buy the fully unlocked after year 1 expires. Worst case scenario, I'm out $800.

I’m thinking the same, hardware this year and buy the software next year outright! 

1 hour ago, YoungJedi said:

My BLP should be here tomorrow. I got tracking this morning that it shipped yesterday. 

I plan on going with the Gold subscription for year 1 (as FSX Play likely won't come out until Q1 2022). And then buy the fully unlocked after year 1 expires. Worst case scenario, I'm out $800.

This was my idea as well.

1 hour ago, YoungJedi said:

That’s my plan as well.  Looks like Foresight in the past has upgraded its software every two years and it’s been a free upgrade on the next generation software but then cost a grand after that.  So hopefully unlock the LP with FSX Play next year so to get the next generation software for free.  Maybe end up saving 200 in the long run vs unlocking this year and get upgraded to FSX for free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atseng said:

I don't think that would be the case.  I am planning to use an old rig (i5-3570k with GTX970 and 16GB of ram). 

In general for gaming (and I would also assume the same holds true for golf simulator software), CPU is not the limiting factor when it comes to rending videos and graphics, the video card is by far the most important component.  If you have a desktop, I am virtually certain an i5 with RTX3080 will run FSX Play more than fine assuming you have 16GB of RAM.  Many gamers keep their gaming rig for quite some time and simply upgrade the video card as that is the most important component.

Can you share the ballpark costs for the setup?

With all that we now know, will there be any actual difference between buying a GC3 from Foresight vs a fully unlocked Launch Pro? It sounds like Foresight has a better reputation for customer service, but there doesn't seem to be any other advantage if you are going down the fully unlocked route.

26 minutes ago, doctorgriffo said:

With all that we now know, will there be any actual difference between buying a GC3 from Foresight vs a fully unlocked Launch Pro? It sounds like Foresight has a better reputation for customer service, but there doesn't seem to be any other advantage if you are going down the fully unlocked route.

No difference.

17 minutes ago, doctorgriffo said:

I was going to ask the same question. Bushnell / Foresight (aka Vista) are going to make at least $7k in either case. If anything they could sweeten what comes with the subscriptions so they can make more and delay full unlocking. 

17 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

I was going to ask the same question. Bushnell / Foresight (aka Vista) are going to make at least $7k in either case. If anything they could sweeten what comes with the subscriptions so they can make more and delay full unlocking. 

I suspect the upside of the subscription route is that it includes all future updated versions of FSX with the annual payment, while the upfront BLP unlocking (and GC3) may require additional $$ to get the latest software offerings. It is confirmed that FSX Play will be included/available to all GC3/BLPs once released, but I'm talking about future releases. 

Edited by Topher925
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 8:00 AM, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

I did the 8x14 premium and built my own enclosure. Got carpet and pad liners for the perimeter and bought velvet curtains on the sides so it doubles as a movie theater and hosel rocket net. Still have some tidying up to do while I wait for the gc3. I have 9ft basement ceilings.F6837814-C80A-4CD1-9D14-3490286C6937.jpeg.68b1324a3d1876a05436d1b4745c514f.jpeg

9B7D0192-2F24-4B9B-B132-2A96FF736E1C.jpeg.e6abea5c4e61a3b9004183963eda6d41.jpeg

Came back to this because it’s really a good solution for my space.  I ordered the corners but I see you put a bar vertically in the center now which seems smarter to limit sagging. You have any info on sourcing the velvet curtains?