Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

3 minutes ago, wareagle902 said:

Is there any reason you would need an intel processor and/ or NVIDIA graphics card or do you just need anything better than the min spec versions of them?

I’m a bit computer illiterate lol but would think the only thing you really ‘need’ is Windows (and enough storage for FSX) and the rest just determines performance. 

FSX needs a nvidia graphics card because the game is coded using CUDA.  It won’t run or hardly at all with an AMD graphics card.  You can probably run it with a ryzen 3 or newer CPU though, you wouldn’t necessarily need an intel.  When FSX play with unity graphics comes out though it’s possible that it would be AMD GPU compatible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrshinsa said:

Finally got my FSX license instruction via email today.  I'm guessing the unit is shipping soon.

I'm 73931

Congrats.  It's strange that our order #s are differed by only 15 and yet you are getting the activation 15 days after I did.  Anyway, glad to hear ppl are finally getting their units.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

9 hours ago, atseng said:

i5-3570K is a desktop processor, and the GTX970 is also a desktop GPU.  Both are quite dated (CPU is from 2012,  and 10 generations  old) and the GTX970 was released in 2014 as part of the GeForce 900 series, it was probably the middle of the pack in terms of the 900 series of NVIDIA video cards.  My general rule of thumb is that if you are spending $300+ (this is pre-pandemic/supply chain constraint), you should be able to play most of the latest gen video games (and by extension should be able to run most of the  golf sims) at fairly good resolution and eye candies.

The chokepoint for running a golf simulator program will likely dependent on how powerful the video card is, then probably followed by memory of the computer.  16GB is more  than sufficient.  Also, if you install the FSX software on SSD, the load time will also be much quicker.

I typically use Tomshardware for video card hierarchy comparison.  You can see that GTX970 is pretty far down the list as it was released in 2014.  The % in the second column is comparing the video card's score against the current high end consumer card RTX3090.  So GTX970 scored a  22.1% score.  Below are the score from the recommended specifications from Foresight for FSX2020:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

minimum

- GTX 1050 Ti - 16.1% score

Recommended

- GTX 1060 - 22.3% score

- GTX 1660 - 32.8% score

- GTX 1070 - 36.7% score

- RTX 2060 - 44.9% score

Premium

- RTX 2070 - 53.1% score

- RTX 2080 - 62.5% score

For those of you that would like to compare the desktop GPUs vs laptop GPUs since it's a lot easier to get a laptop, this website shows good comparison of the performance difference of the same version of a desktop NVIDIA GPU vs laptop NVIDIA GPU.  I would recommend you just do a text search for the particular GPU and read  that paragraph, which should give you an average of the performance differences from the chart below the GPU model.

https://www.techspot.com/review/2064-geforce-vs-geforce-desktop-laptop-gaming/

I think FSX Play will be a bit more demanding than FSX . None of us know what the specs will be there to make it look and play well.  I would be more concerned about future proofing.,  Unity can be a pig when it comes to performance

On 11/3/2021 at 12:33 AM, jacardon said:

I ordered mine in Oct. 7. I live here in Canada. Originally, my rep said that I would receive the unit in Oct. Last week, I saw an fb post of Foresight Sports Canada saying that the GC3 (picture of 13 units) had arrived in Ontario. I called my rep and he said that those were only few units and that I should get mine this November but no date was given.  

Sadly I am in the same boat, no updates on when we could possibly see any shipping. 😞

I'm still probably 5-6 weeks out from receiving my GC3 but I asked y sales rep what computer to get and I ordered this one (it looks like it's sold out right now):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-11700f-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-1tb-hdd-500gb-ssd-black/6479738.p?skuId=6479738

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

3 minutes ago, jamie said:

I'm still probably 5-6 weeks out from receiving my GC3 but I asked y sales rep what computer to get and I ordered this one (it looks like it's sold out right now):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-11700f-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-1tb-hdd-500gb-ssd-black/6479738.p?skuId=6479738

That's not a bad setup.  My only complaint with most prebuilt PC's are the fact that they don't add much room for expansion

46 minutes ago, mikewohlwend said:

That's not a bad setup.  My only complaint with most prebuilt PC's are the fact that they don't add much room for expansion

This case style from cyberpower was not reviewed very well for cpu thermals.  Make sure you are keeping an eye on it.  I ordered a similar setup from Amazon but with the 11600kf processor and a different case with 3 fans in the front and 1 in the rear for $1189 and it’s never been above 68° C in my limited testing.  I see it’s now over $1500.  I couldn’t believe it was under $1200 when I saw it and ordered it right away.  Keep your eyes out for Black Friday deals.  Check Amazon sometimes they have good pricing.E6EA60A1-9221-4EC2-9DBC-27B3353C960B.jpeg.d0d2f9978ce05f46d45c12921a7118b4.jpeg4631E92A-E356-452B-A2F4-0655D4C8B920.jpeg.eb8e45b9a6dca5411ef2ca8cff31c193.jpeg

32 minutes ago, kwettig said:

This case style from cyberpower was not reviewed very well for cpu thermals.  Make sure you are keeping an eye on it.  I ordered a similar setup from Amazon but with the 11600kf processor and a different case with 3 fans in the front and 1 in the rear for $1189 and it’s never been above 68° C in my limited testing.  I see it’s now over $1500.  I couldn’t believe it was under $1200 when I saw it and ordered it right away.  Keep your eyes out for Black Friday deals.  Check Amazon sometimes they have good pricing.E6EA60A1-9221-4EC2-9DBC-27B3353C960B.jpeg.d0d2f9978ce05f46d45c12921a7118b4.jpeg4631E92A-E356-452B-A2F4-0655D4C8B920.jpeg.eb8e45b9a6dca5411ef2ca8cff31c193.jpeg

That I get.  A lot of these prebuilts have a mATX card at the biggest in a full size ATX case.  Doesn't leave much room for adding other cards if you'd ever want to.  And the case could be so much smaller if it was sized based off the MB

1 minute ago, J6golf said:

Am I missing something here? Only $950, seems like this exceeds 2020 specs and would do 4K conformtably…

http://www.productscube.com/products/iBUYPOWER-%2d-Gaming-Desktop-%2d-Intel-i7%2d10700F-%2d-16GB-Memory-%2d-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3070-8GB-%2d-480GB-SSD-%2b-1TB-HDD.html

That is a screaming deal.  I have never heard of that site.  Are they reputable?  

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

6 minutes ago, J6golf said:

Am I missing something here? Only $950, seems like this exceeds 2020 specs and would do 4K conformtably…

http://www.productscube.com/products/iBUYPOWER-%2d-Gaming-Desktop-%2d-Intel-i7%2d10700F-%2d-16GB-Memory-%2d-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3070-8GB-%2d-480GB-SSD-%2b-1TB-HDD.html

2 negative complaints on BBB site.  Seems like a scam.

3 minutes ago, kwettig said:

2 negative complaints on BBB site.  Seems like a scam.

I just looked up our wholesale cost for just the GPU and it's barely less than the price of that whole computer.  Add in wholesale of the CPU and it's over the sale price.  Definitely looks like the too good to be true type of deal.

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

12 minutes ago, radiman said:

I just looked up our wholesale cost for just the GPU and it's barely less than the price of that whole computer.  Add in wholesale of the CPU and it's over the sale price.  Definitely looks like the too good to be true type of deal.

Right?  You’d think these scam sites would be more realistic.  I was hesitant when I ordered mine on Amazon for $1200 with a 3060 as everywhere else I saw was $1400+.  A prebuilt with a 3070 is minimum $1700 these days

6 hours ago, kwettig said:

FSX needs a nvidia graphics card because the game is coded using CUDA.  It won’t run or hardly at all with an AMD graphics card.  You can probably run it with a ryzen 3 or newer CPU though, you wouldn’t necessarily need an intel.  When FSX play with unity graphics comes out though it’s possible that it would be AMD GPU compatible.

I was able to score a BLP in the 2nd pre sale. Very excited.

For my SkyTrak setup, I was able to run it on an HP Elitebook 1030 x360 G2. The video card definitely does not meet the requirements. Trying to figure out other options such as picking up a desktop specifically for my simulator. Any budget friendly suggestions are appreciated... 

13 minutes ago, b_Jammin said:

I was able to score a BLP in the 2nd pre sale. Very excited.

For my SkyTrak setup, I was able to run it on an HP Elitebook 1030 x360 G2. The video card definitely does not meet the requirements. Trying to figure out other options such as picking up a desktop specifically for my simulator. Any budget friendly suggestions are appreciated... 

Depends what you consider budget friendly.

Just now, b_Jammin said:

Anything around 1k or less would be fine. This desktop is going to be dedicated specifically for FSX, so I don't want to go overboard.

Best I’ve seen under $1k is something with a Gtx1660 super. If you’re considering something that is upgradable in the future I’d stay away from dell or hp as they are filled with proprietary parts and not always upgradable unless you buy the marked up parts from them.  Being in the second wave you likely won’t get it before Black Friday so I would keep an eye out and you can always ask this forum their opinion on whether it’s a good deal and compatible with FSX requirements.

8 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Best I’ve seen under $1k is something with a Gtx1660 super. If you’re considering something that is upgradable in the future I’d stay away from dell or hp as they are filled with proprietary parts and not always upgradable unless you buy the marked up parts from them.  Being in the second wave you likely won’t get it before Black Friday so I would keep an eye out and you can always ask this forum their opinion on whether it’s a good deal and compatible with FSX requirements.

I was in 2nd presale and told today that I should have the unit by the 22nd of this month.

20 minutes ago, b_Jammin said:

Anything around 1k or less would be fine. This desktop is going to be dedicated specifically for FSX, so I don't want to go overboard.

14 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Here's a couple in that price range.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/638792/powerspec-g229-gaming-pc

https://www.microcenter.com/product/624825/powerspec-g228-gaming-pc

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali524-master/p/N82E16883360129R?Item=N82E16883360129R&quicklink=true

https://www.newegg.com/p/3D5-001U-00016?Item=9SIAU1ZDAU7889&quicklink=true

A little over.

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali497-master/p/N82E16883360092R?Item=N82E16883360092R&quicklink=true

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali510-master/p/N82E16883360110R?Item=N82E16883360110R&quicklink=true

Edited by mikewohlwend

48 minutes ago, b_Jammin said:

I’d check out eBay or Facebook marketplace. You can pick up something recent for a decent deal. I got a one with a RTX 2060 for a steal. If I need to upgrade at a later date then I can and hopefully I’m not buying graphics cards at the top of the market. 

Got my software email today too.  Went ahead and installed FSX on my machine and ran some test shots. (FYI, you can play around on FSX by pressing spacebar to simulate shots.  No Launch Monitor needed.) I bought a $500 used rig off FB that is running an i5-4460(came out in 2014) with a GTX 1060(6GB RAM), and 16GB of RAM. Lol.  So pretty low on the FSX required spec list.  No liquid cooling or anything.  Seemed to handle everything fine and was actually surprised how smooth it ran at 1080p on the projector. I messed around running things like dual screen setup, and played with the FSX graphics modes. I pulled up Resource Monitor and the Windows gaming overlay (Windows Key + G) to kind of monitor resource usage, and didn't really get close to hitting any limits on the GPU or any temps. The one thing I did notice that kind of sputtered was when you pull up the green contour and it drops all the simulated golf balls on the green.  It chopped a few frames doing that. But besides that bit, I'm stoked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J6golf said:

Anyone get FSX 2020 to run in Windows 11? Specs say 7/10 but don’t explicitly say it won’t work in 11. Some of the new prebuilt PCs come with 11 installed, waiting on a foresight response as well

I downloaded and installed it on 11.  I’ll let you know for sure when they send my activation code.

Long time lurker of this thread, the recent discussion on graphics cards has been super helpful, I am not a gamer so this is all new info to me.  I'm evaluating a GC3 purchase - this will be a garage setup hitting balls into a net and my primary interest is the range (which will be displayed on an LCD TV face on).  I'll play around with sim golf, but it's not a huge priority - the ball data and club data is.  I currently own an HP Envy laptop bought in 2020, with an Intel i7 processor and a NVIDIA Ge Force MX330 card.  Based on what I've seen in my research, the graphics card falls below minimum recommended specs for FSX.  Considering I don't really care about graphics quality, is there a way to change the settings so that FSX displays in 720p and/or otherwise operates smoothly but at a lower resolution?  Goal here is to avoid a $1k plus computer purchase since I'm not valuing having the graphics pump out in 4k.

• Like 1