Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Got my GC3 today.  Still don’t have an FSX code.  They are working on it I guess.  Just hitting with the unit.  Having a hard time believing the club path numbers.  Stock shot is a cut but it seemed much more out to in than I’ve measured previously.  Tried hitting big slinging draws where I hit it to the very right side of my net return and it’s registering out to in and or near zero path with a slight pull.  Feel like when the device is zeroed out with the alignment stick the unit is pointed in at the ball(toed in).  Strange.  I’ll play with it some more tomorrow.  Probably screwing up something with the setup.  

2 hours ago, J6golf said:

Was told by my rep that course licenses are lifetime purchases and when they upgrade software the courses transfer

Great to hear! Thank you for the input.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

11 hours ago, kwettig said:

Got my GC3 today.  Still don’t have an FSX code.  They are working on it I guess.  Just hitting with the unit.  Having a hard time believing the club path numbers.  Stock shot is a cut but it seemed much more out to in than I’ve measured previously.  Tried hitting big slinging draws where I hit it to the very right side of my net return and it’s registering out to in and or near zero path with a slight pull.  Feel like when the device is zeroed out with the alignment stick the unit is pointed in at the ball(toed in).  Strange.  I’ll play with it some more tomorrow.  Probably screwing up something with the setup.  

curious to know if you find out something was incorrect in the setup/data.

have you been able to verify by taking it outdoors to a range?

VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Nike RZN Black

13 hours ago, kwettig said:

This is a feel vs real thing. I play a draw and have to feel like I’m hitting a super cut to get the path to flush or out to in. I get the same reads in my instructor’s quad, and I have friends who, like you, have trouble getting in-to-out readings.  

The reality is your path is likely a lot more out-in biased than you realize, and when you try to hit a slinging draw, you’re not moving the path much (again, same thing happens to me, just reversed). 

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ruxpin23 said:

curious to know if you find out something was incorrect in the setup/data.

have you been able to verify by taking it outdoors to a range?

Just set it down today at what appeared to be in line with my target line instead of using the stick to align it and it seemed much better.  I think it was a combo of aligning the GC3 and my awful feeling swing last night.  I still don’t have my FSX code so I can’t see simulated flight and cold front just came through so range/course isn’t an option.  Seemed much better today though.  Probably just a wake up call on how much my swing is away from neutral.  Irons are much straighter on the course and with GC3…driver not so much.  Looking forward to improving over the winter.

• Like 1

Has anyone experienced issues with ball data being pretty off?

i got my unit Wednesday and every shot is about 1-2 clubs off. After comparing to an old range session spreadsheet with a uneekor, I confirmed all club data is accurate, but the ball speed is off. 

for example a p wedge on the course is 140. On the uneekor I had 82mph average swing speed and 100 ish mph ball speed and 140 distance. On the gc3 it had 82 swing speed, 94 ball speed and 128 carry. 

anyone else experience this or have ideas? I’ll take it to the range to test once I get a chance. 

57 minutes ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Got my code yesterday. How quickly do they ship once you get the code in an email? Did anyone ever get shipping notifications?

Shipped mine Thursday last week and I got it Wednesday.  Never got a code…still don’t have a code in fact. I wrote kind of a bitchy email Tuesday and got a tracking number.  Would’ve found out a couple hours later through ups my choice.  I understand they are busy but holy f…rustrating.  Waiting 37 days after paying for a $4000 device only to wait at least a couple more to get the $4500 in software you purchased is ridiculous and beyond getting on my nerves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Got my code yesterday. How quickly do they ship once you get the code in an email? Did anyone ever get shipping notifications?

Got the code and shipping notification the same day, and it is due to be delivered tomorrow. UPS is regularly updating tracking and it looks like it will arrive on schedule.

38 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Shipped mine Thursday last week and I got it Wednesday.  Never got a code…still don’t have a code in fact. I wrote kind of a bitchy email Tuesday and got a tracking number.  Would’ve found out a couple hours later through ups my choice.  I understand they are busy but holy f…rustrating.  Waiting 37 days after paying for a $4000 device only to wait at least a couple more to get the $4500 in software you purchased is ridiculous and beyond getting on my nerves.

Not sending the key is pretty ridiculous, it's not they're going to run out of keys for their own software.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Mine shipped the next day. 

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Had the first Thursday night sim game tonight. Everything went pretty smoothly. Other guys all were pretty jacked on the accuracy of it. The one thing I will say is if you’re placing the unit on a different surface than the hitting mat you’re on, make sure the matt isn’t moving when you swing. We noticed anytime the matt moved during the swing, the unit wouldn’t read the shot. It makes sense logistically, but easy to miss if you’re not looking for it. 

22 minutes ago, herdtlocker said:

Had the first Thursday night sim game tonight. Everything went pretty smoothly. Other guys all were pretty jacked on the accuracy of it. The one thing I will say is if you’re placing the unit on a different surface than the hitting mat you’re on, make sure the matt isn’t moving when you swing. We noticed anytime the matt moved during the swing, the unit wouldn’t read the shot. It makes sense logistically, but easy to miss if you’re not looking for it. 

Same experience. Man I wish I could play a course. Might have to raise some hell tomorrow so I’m not sim free over the weekend.

9 hours ago, herdtlocker said:

Can you clarify whether this is the mat moving before impact based on golfers weight shift (guessing the GC3 "loses" the ball) or whether movement of the mat after impact is effecting the unit's ability to read the shot?  In other words, does the GC3 have an issue with non-fixed hitting strips that move post-impact?

2 minutes ago, dbennett1131 said:

Can you clarify whether this is the mat moving before impact based on golfers weight shift (guessing the GC3 "loses" the ball) or whether movement of the mat after impact is effecting the unit's ability to read the shot?  In other words, does the GC3 have an issue with non-fixed hitting strips that move post-impact?

100% of the cases were the mat moving in the weight shift/transition of the swing. I think the small movement of the ball within the hitting area tells the GC3 to recalibrate the starting position. We started to notice it after awhile and could even tell based on the mat moving if the shot was going to read or not, before they even hit the  ball. It makes sense to me, the unit is rightfully sensitive to ball movement. Just need to a bit of adjustment on the turf setup. 

20 minutes ago, dbennett1131 said:

If the hitting mat and whatever the GC3 is on is stable you won’t have an issue.  The problems happen when either the ball moves slightly or the unit.  If it’s just on a hitting strip I assume you won’t have an issue because the ball will be hit before the mat moves.

I also had some really goofy spin numbers using a cheap white rubber tee sitting on top of my mat(rather than through the tee holes) so if anyone has any tips on tees they use that work well I’d gladly take them.  Looking at tee claws so I don’t have to chase them all over the room anyone use those?6D03D99C-AB0E-482F-8AF1-2560FBF2B94E.jpeg.3bab2f80becda42f3cb3ab5a90b5b95a.jpeg4FABE85E-5D8E-4D82-8BCF-73B59045B4F0.jpeg.2b07103ba219405e49f4f2186b487d66.jpeg

Edited by kwettig

15 hours ago, mrshinsa said:

Any thoughts on a screen protector?  I have one on my pixel 3, and I think all phones should have one, let alone a 7k device.  

I left the original screen cover on there. lol

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

18 minutes ago, kwettig said:

If the hitting mat and whatever the GC3 is on is stable you won’t have an issue.  The problems happen when either the ball moves slightly or the unit.  If it’s just on a hitting strip I assume you won’t have an issue because the ball will be hit before the mat moves.

I also had some really goofy spin numbers using a cheap white rubber tee sitting on top of my mat(rather than through the tee holes) so if anyone has any tips on tees they use that work well I’d gladly take them.  Looking at tee claws so I don’t have to chase them all over the room anyone use those?6D03D99C-AB0E-482F-8AF1-2560FBF2B94E.jpeg.3bab2f80becda42f3cb3ab5a90b5b95a.jpeg4FABE85E-5D8E-4D82-8BCF-73B59045B4F0.jpeg.2b07103ba219405e49f4f2186b487d66.jpeg

Very nice swing speed.... 🙂  Terrible spin # though, haha

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

34 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Birtees are great, but like you've discovered you can't use white tees outside of the normal wooden ones. 

17 minutes ago, atseng said:

Very nice swing speed.... 🙂  Terrible spin # though, haha

Ya I finally was able to get the swing speed up last night, hit 126ss and 180 ball.  Was a little apprehensive because I’m pushing the limit on ceiling height and I hit it a couple times Wednesday night.  I switched to a regular wood tee I stuck in the mat and spin numbers were normal.

1 minute ago, whumber said:

Birtees are great, but like you've discovered you can't use white tees outside of the normal wooden ones. 

Thanks I’ll check them out!

Just a random observation after having used this thing for a few weeks now: I find the side spin number, combined with the club path read to be fascinating and one of my favorite things to pay attention to (assuming you understand face-to-path relationship with spin). 

For example, I discovered that when I’ve tried to hit cuts all my life, I’ve really just been hitting inside out push cuts, not true outside in pull cuts, even when it doesn’t feel this way. And on my chip shots, the ball is usually spinning right (which I’ve always known), but I thought it was because I cut across it - nope. Again, inside out path, with an open face - push cut spin. It’s very illuminating. 

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 1

anyone order from the second pre-order of the bushnell start getting their shipments yet? My brother was able to grab one, I know they said before or on Nov 27th, just curious if they have started getting those out. He ordered just the unit, not the bundle. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9*| Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*| Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX
Mizuno 245 5-PW  | Project X LS 6.5
Titleist SM9 46 - 50 - 54 - 58 | PX 6.0
Odyssey Ai Jailbird  

15 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

anyone order from the second pre-order of the bushnell start getting their shipments yet? My brother was able to grab one, I know they said before or on Nov 27th, just curious if they have started getting those out. He ordered just the unit, not the bundle. 

It sounds like only those ordering the bundles have gotten units but those seem to have actually been reserves from the first shipment. Supposedly Bushnell is expecting the next shipment to arrive on the 15th with units shipping out around the 20th.

Edited by whumber

16 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

I was told I’d receive mine the 19th, 20th or 22nd 

7 minutes ago, Kyleraugh said:

I was told I’d receive mine the 19th, 20th or 22nd 

Did you reach out directly to Bushnell to get an idea of when you'd receive it or did you order through a rep?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9*| Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*| Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX
Mizuno 245 5-PW  | Project X LS 6.5
Titleist SM9 46 - 50 - 54 - 58 | PX 6.0
Odyssey Ai Jailbird