Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

On 11/17/2021 at 11:17 PM, kwettig said:

1 week in…1442 shots.  Love this thing.  And I’m saying that playing on a 32” crappy old tv until my projector gets here Friday.  Think this will be so good for my game.  Beating balls into a net might have helped me a little last year but I’ll be expecting to be leaps and bounds better next spring.  Such good insights into your game.  Can apply swing thoughts and immediately test them to see if there is improvement.  Yes it’s expensive…but if you love golf I think it’s easy to justify the cost, especially considering the alternatives to data this accurate.  Can’t wait for FSX play as the teaser graphics on that look amazing compared to FSX 2020 but the ball physics are very nice and I don’t really care as much to how pretty it looks vs how it performs and informs.

How do you know how many total shots you've hit? I've only played a few sessions but the one thing I have noticed so far is I haven't found a way to see my previous data. It seems like once I close out the program I've lost everything. Is there a way to access historical data?

8 minutes ago, jcrews5508 said:

How do you know how many total shots you've hit? I've only played a few sessions but the one thing I have noticed so far is I haven't found a way to see my previous data. It seems like once I close out the program I've lost everything. Is there a way to access historical data?

There is a shot counter on the GC3 if you touch the screen to bring up the menu and hit about —> counters.  If you log in to FSX live before each session you will have a log of your shots on the web with all the details. CE850657-B5D5-4530-91D1-19858ACDAB6B.png.e3cf7fa6e7d3ca87f5af1178291dafeb.png

I haven’t messed around with FSX Pro much but I would think that would be a great place to compare stats over time.  You would just have to assign tags so you could bring up past data perhaps to compare…I’m not 100% if it would actually work session to session though I know you can save PDFs of sessions in FSX 2020 and you could bring that up to look at past sessions.

1 hour ago, ChadL said:

Got my tracking data last night. Looks like I’m getting my BLP today. Shipped from Olathe Kansas and I’m in Lincoln Nebraska. Going to be a fun weekend. I don’t have a projector or gaming computer yet so it will be driving range sessions for a bit, but that’s okay.

I’d shoot for a gaming computer and Black Friday TV, it’s just as good in my opinion and a cheaper option than Screen & projector! Can always add the latter later! That’s what I’ll be doing.

32 minutes ago, Kyleraugh said:

I’d shoot for a gaming computer and Black Friday TV, it’s just as good in my opinion and a cheaper option than Screen & projector! Can always add the latter later! That’s what I’ll be doing.

Thanks for the suggestions. Where do you plan to mount the tv so you can see it while hitting?

Edited by ChadL

16 hours ago, Benoit61 said:

Also how does everyone feel about the 10 included courses ? Good enough to keep my daughter and my friends entertained or should I splurge for the pebble and st-amdrews package ?

Pebble is decent but tough.  Small greens.  Played the old course and it’s fun for me because it’s pretty wide open.  My favorite course I’ve played so far is The Farms.  Broken tree is gimmicky and has a lot of forced carries around 300 yards so if I was playing it smarter I would probably not hit driver on quite a few holes.  Teton pines was decent.  I play Pitch and putt a lot.  Honestly could do without the extra courses but I thought they would be nice to have for variety.  I think the premium courses will be very nice to have once they upgrade to FSX Play and unity graphics.  I imagine they will have deals on premium course packs in the future as well and you can add them as you see fit.

16 hours ago, golf102938 said:

Just got my GC3 and the registration is not syncing with the unit. I called Bushnell waited on hold for 45 minutes and was told they couldn't help. Anyone know of a resolution?  It doesn't look like there's any sort of reset at all on the unit. Also, are they supposed to come with club dots in the box?

If you have a GC3 you would use foresight support rather than Bushnell. I’ve found them rather helpful. Submit a ticket and they will sort you out.

https://www.foresightsports.com/support

16 minutes ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

WE’RE LIVE. 

Been a solid 3 month project waiting for stuff to come in. Below is the list of what I used. Shout out to Swag Golf and Scotty Cameron for financing almost all of it. 

EMT Cage

$220

EMT Corners

$138

Premium Impact Screen- Carls

$897

Foam Base Pad - GimmeSimulators

$227

Carpet Trim Pads - Gimme Simulaotrs

$313

Swing Turf 9’x4’ Mat

$849

1x3 Oak Turf Frame

$80

Velvet Curtains

$140

Curtain Track

$85

Accent Cabinet

$150

Projector - BenQ TH671ST

$800

Projector Mount

$25

GC3 Sim

$7000

HP Omen i7 GeForce 2060 Super

$1499

LG 32” Gaming Monitor

$220

5C5BAEF2-BB48-4F31-8F23-A06B2CF54ECD.jpeg.cb33353a9b38931268c6d5396c6f1578.jpeg

Looks awesome!  Looking to do something pretty similar with the curtains.  Where did you buy those and the track?  

4 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Looks awesome!  Looking to do something pretty similar with the curtains.  Where did you buy those and the track?  

Room Dividers for the track, and half priced drapes for the velvet. Needed 100”W for them. Had to return the 50”. Allows it to act like a shank screen but also look like a movie theater. 

Got the projector(tk700sti) up.  Need to move my mat back so I’m hitting closer to under the projector which is at 13’ from the screen(14’x8’).  Looks nice…plenty bright at night with my light over my mat on.  Don’t have the gimbal lights in yet which should help with the slight washout from the regular can light I have up now that isn’t pointed away from the screen.5F34EDE4-BC1F-4D89-A879-6784CA49460F.jpeg.6935cf9639bc56023fbb030163c8d2d4.jpeg470FF4FC-17F1-4720-8018-D3BD126CC14F.jpeg.23220b7bb1bd8bdc7641153d6ea8b314.jpeg

I received my BLP yesterday and tried to get it running last night.  I have the unit registered, and subscription paid for (gold), but I cannot connect to FSX Pro.  The unit itself still says unregistered and no subscription.  When I try to log into to FSX pro I pick the subscription option and when I enter my password I am basically given the finger.  Anyone else have this issue and how do I resolve it?  I'm using my iPad for now until I get a gaming pc, etc. I called the support number, but apparently they are not open on the weekends.

Edited by ChadL

Got my BLP yesterday, and up and running. In general, I am simultaneously loving the monitor and this new capability, but also somewhat frustrated with the amount of time and energy to get the unit up and running and troubleshooting. It gives a completely new lens to indoor practice-- so many shots that feel great indoors, I now know to be way offline and need correcting. Feel free to ask questions. 

While I have the range up and running on FSX2020, and have installed 3 separate courses and gotten confirmations that the installers have completed for each course, my FSX software  is still saying the following when i go to play a course: "[Linfield National] is not installed on your computer. Please install the course and restart FSX. I have proceeded to re-install the course and restart FSX several times, but to no avail. I'm out of ideas so was just going to call Bushnell on Monday unless anyone has any experience with this to-date? 

I’m getting set up for a launch monitor in the new year and Bushnell / GC3 seems like the best option for me at the moment, but the problems people are having with firmware connectivity seems ridiculous, especially for the price they are charging for the software.

Lefty

Driver: Cobra Ltdx 9* -Hzrdus smoke blue 60x

3 wd: TM M5  -Mitsubishi Tensei x

hybrid: Ping G430 3 Hybrid - Ping Tour 2.0 x-stiff

Irons: 4-gap Cobra King Tours KBS 120

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 54*(55*),60*

Putter: Ping Zing Redwood,  Sigma Tyne 4, my homemade protos

Grips: Lamkin Sonar

1 hour ago, Caper33 said:

I’m getting set up for a launch monitor in the new year and Bushnell / GC3 seems like the best option for me at the moment, but the problems people are having with firmware connectivity seems ridiculous, especially for the price they are charging for the software.

I also wish you could play tgc 2019 ....I want the variety of courses including local ones when I play with buddies. Still debating on which sim to buy. Unfortunately it seems to be by far the most reliable for the cost. TM is beyond my range and the lower price units like st mevo etc lie to me about my slice. 

Got my GC3 yesterday and set up today.  Coming from a Mevo+ that never performed very well in my indoor environment (too much interference I think).  I'm sure the Mevo+ works fine for some people but in my room, it just didn't.

Pros: every shot has read perfectly so far.  Really nice seeing data that I can trust after the variable (and really low) spin reads from the mevo+.  I think this thing is accurate enough to practice short chips/pitches as well which is going to be great.  Single dot on the clubs and I was getting path and AOA data for each shot too.  I almost never used the mevo for practice because I only ever trusted the ball speed number - with this I see myself using it all the time because I feel like I can believe the data it's reporting.

Cons: FSX2020 is annoying.  I have the GC3 connected via WIFI and the software on a hard wired PC.  They're on the same subnet and half the time FSX can't find the unit.  And there is no way to type in the IP address of the GC3 even though I know where it's at.  Really frustrating because there is nothing you can do - it just says "scanning" and then doesn't find anything.  Then magically it shows up one after 10 refreshes even though nothing has changed on the network.  

The smaller depth (side to side) hitting area (GC3 7" vs GC4 18") is also a bit annoying.  I have a rubber tee under the mat and if I include that in the allowed area, there isn't a ton room to hit iron shots.  I ordered some BirTee tee's that sit on top the mat so I'm not tied to the tee hole in the mat for ball placement. 

The ForeSight pricing is kind of hilarious IMO.  $45 for 190 extra dots?  $150 for an extra alignment stick?  Luckily I don't see every buying those.  You can get more reflective dots on ebay (with or without the "flag") for a lot cheaper.  golfsimulatorforum.com has some threads where people have tested different tape and dots to see what works.

Got my launch pro in last night and had some buddies over for a few hours to break it in.  I am coming from a skytrak but I was blown away with the accuracy and ease of use.  I had no issues with connecting to my PC via WiFi or any registration issues.  

We did have two missreads on a topped 3 wood where it read it as high launch and zero spin that went for 350+ yards but otherwise every shot was exactly what we expected.  Club head tracking worked great with the single dot with the exception of one guy that has a terrible slice with his driver so maybe it has trouble seeing the dot on a wide open club face or he was striking the ball high on the face and covering the dot.  We did some drills with him and got him hitting it a bit more square and it read those ones fine.  I was also a bit concerned about where the monitor sits and someone shanking the ball but we did have a guy get a bad case of the shanks and they were no where near coming close.  The hitting zone was surprisingly large to me but again I’m coming from a skytrak.

Overall I couldn’t be happier.

1 hour ago, dkoeller88 said:

got my launch pro today, set it up and downloaded fsx on my pc, but the app opens and immediately closes.  I updated windows, removed antivirus, and still it doesnt work.  anyone know how to fix?  sorry if this has been asked but 86 pages is a lot to go thru 

Most likely FSX is defaulting to using the integrated graphics on your machine. Make sure it's set to your video card.

1 hour ago, dkoeller88 said:

got my launch pro today, set it up and downloaded fsx on my pc, but the app opens and immediately closes.  I updated windows, removed antivirus, and still it doesnt work.  anyone know how to fix?  sorry if this has been asked but 86 pages is a lot to go thru 

I've had this exact issue with my BLP, but it only happens when my projector is the "primary monitor" in Windows desktop settings. If I switch to my laptop monitor as primary, FSX opens fine. Once I open it, I can switch the projector screen to primary and select that display in FSX. Kind of a pain to workaround, but it works until I figure out another solution.

2 hours ago, whumber said:

Most likely FSX is defaulting to using the integrated graphics on your machine. Make sure it's set to your video card.

I'm having the same issue - how do you set it to the video card vs integrated graphics on machine?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9*| Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*| Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX
Mizuno 245 5-PW  | Project X LS 6.5
Titleist SM9 46 - 50 - 54 - 58 | PX 6.0
Odyssey Ai Jailbird