Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

1 hour ago, doctoro said:

When does your handicap rule take effect?

I do the 5 strokes over par route. 

After that, unless I am playing for money, with a group at my level which is basement dweller, I just pick up to facilitate the speed of play.   You know, golfers etiquette counts for something!

Its a legit tournament so there is nowhere to hide.  Just keep hitting it until it lands in a place you can chase it.  It was pretty funny, though my better half didn't immediately see the humor.  I haven't hit it in the water more than 2 times all season, and I did it 2 times in 3 minutes.  Golf is funny.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, touch said:

Looking a little rough there this Monday Q.

0823210838a_HDR.jpg

Yeah but I can still see enough, shades needed,  to party and ride. 

• Haha 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

20 hours ago, greenemachine said:

Okay Q man I will do my best here not to rag on Scam too much. In all honesty, I think the Patriots are sleeping giants again in the AFC and just a couple seasons removed from deep playoff runs. Defense will forever be the strength of the Pats so as long as Bill and co. are manning the controls in New England. Defense not a concern. Skill positions, somewhat a concern, especially without a true number 1. (Being in a Perkins Erhardt Offense this isn't as big as it would be in another offensive system) Quarterback, a definite concern. (This all again sits on the shoulders of Mac Jones and his development) The kid from Alabama looks, so far, poised and very intelligent when in the pocket. I would like to see him though in the regular season with a little more on the line then the practice of the preseason. I think too the weapons are a little bit more in play right for your team Q, when looking at the skill positions and how they correlate with the revolving door that is the quarterback position right now. Hunter Henry, if he can stay healthy, is a solid pickup this past offseason plus the Jonnu Smith addition with his YAC contribution is also another plus for the team. The offensive line always a concern. Not just for the Patriots but for the all 32 teams will, or should be, a concern if trying to move up and into playoff contention. Fortunately though Josh McDaniels runs an offense that can be suitable even for the shakiest of offensive lines with the Erhardt Perkins scheme. Even though the O-line is not the major concern this year, New England has instilled an offense that was used during the Brady, Belichick dynasty and has been a running staple for the franchise's success ever since. 

First introduced in the 1970's by Ray Perkins and Ron Ernhardt under Coach Chuck Fairbanks. The Detroit native, Fairbanks, was the head coach in New England from 1973-1978 with 2 relatively unknown offensive assistants in Erhardt and Perkins. Branching off of the "Vertical Offense" from the 50's the P-E system looked to simplify the offense to the point that adjustments could not only be made quicker and more efficiently but also be disguised from opposing defenses. Some could say this offensive style is a rough early rendition of the famed "West Coast Offense" as both consist of short to midrange up tempo exploitations of defenses. The P-E offense's foundation is that of language. No, not Spanish, French or Italian but instead that of audible calls allowing the offense to be multifunctional and really no need for a traditional #1 wideout,  or a "bell cow" RB1. The multiplicity allowed for expanded flexibility giving nightmare matchups for the defense to quickly dissect. Gronk, Edelman, Moss, Welker are just some of the more common names that have largely benefitted from this style of offense. 2008 had the Patriots line up four wideouts and throw the ball 15-20 yards downfield at a time starting a tradition of playing the Super Bowl for years to come. Push ahead a couple years to the 2012 and New England was riding high with a 2 TE set in Gronk and Aaron Hernandez in another Super Bowl appearance. (Yup that was the Giants again with another W against the Pats)  Hit fast forward once more to the year 2017 and the Patriots found themselves yet again in another Super Bowl. The now infamous 28-3 game against the Atlanta Falcons which featured a 3 HB set in James White, Dion Lewis and Mike Gillislee. It really didn't matter what personnel was brought out onto the field 4 WR, 2 TE, or even 3 HB the offense clicked. Yes, yes I hear you New Englanders already. But Brady, Brady was the engine that made that machine run. Yes and No. He was the not the engine that made the machine work, that was was Belichick. Brady was the gasoline that made the machine run. The beauty of the P-E offense was that it gave the flexibility of playing multiply and diverse offensive personnel all while in the same scheme. In layman's terms the wideout role could be played by a tight end or a half back and vice versa. The quarterback then just had to read the defense with pre-snap reads and adjust accordingly. The defense not knowing who then would run what route was automictically behind the 8 ball even before the ball was snapped. Protection was the same. If the play call involved a 70 that meant a five step drop back, letting the offensive line how much time they needed to give the QB to make his reads. Many of times looking back at the tape Brady can be heard yelling out "Linda" or "Rita" signifying a change in protection based on the position/s of the "Mike" and/or the "Will" linebackers. Quick. Easy. Simple. So then how did this work so fluidity? After all wideouts, halfbacks and tight ends each posses varying and different roles for the football team , right? Memorization. Memorization is key. Not with route running per say but with audible cues that then will designate the players assignment. ("Do your job" now makes a lot more sense) 

To put a bow on it Q man there is a reason I rag on these "duel threat" running backs. (Scam Newton being one) If you don't know how to read the defense properly then how can you make audibles to counter? Instead these kids use their legs, never looking downfield for an open receiver. Instead they run to make the first down or highlight play rather than using their arm or brain to secure a first down. What happens when that athleticism disappears because of injury or age? Then what? Well your offense will forever be in the wildcat and we all know what happens when defense knows what's coming. They stack the box and will make great use of your punter. The system is proven to work. The defense is proven to work. The coaching has proven it works. The only question left is who is the QB that will make this team run? My money is on Mac Jones, but he as yet to see a regular season game against some top notch NFL defenses. Some say Cam has resurged and looks like the QB that led the Panthers to a 15-1 NFC South Title and an appearance in the Super Bowl 50. I don't know but either way the pieces are there, weapons and all it's just a matter of can the QB speak the language that is the Perkins Erhardt Offense. 

That was a seriously most excellent write up GM. The beauty about R. Moss was Brady would just go 'run real fast down right half of field, left half of field, or cross field and I will throw it a long way and you can catch it.' Unfortunately RM wasn't around for 10 years. Imagine if he had. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Congrats to my friend/ golf instructor Hutch as he is the new girl's golf coach this season at our local high school Roberson.You are in good hands Lady Rams. I'm getting in a lesson before his team arrives for their first practice. Today was the first day of school in Asheville. It's 88 hot degrees here on the range. Also another friend/golf coach is coming with his team for their first practice of the season. John S. works the summer's with me at BFFC but bows out in late August to be the golf coach at Montreat College. He is in his 8th year coaching. I enjoy watching these teams practice and I learn things in doing so.

I'm putting in the work this afternoon to have a better chance of taking the trophy the next two days. The front 9 is still closed here at Broadmoor and the range is mats only. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Another hold out from getting vaccinated. Idiot. Cam and Cousins are just a couple of beauts. 

'Misunderstanding' over COVID-19 testing away from facility to keep New England Patriots' Cam Newton out until Thursday

Earlier in training camp when Newton was asked if he was vaccinated, he declined comment, saying it was a personal matter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32071688/misunderstanding-covid-19-tests-away-facility-keep-new-england-patriots-cam-newton-thursday

....personal matter perhaps Cam and Kirk, but when you are on a team playing professional sports getting paid millions to do so you get onboard and do the right thing. Stop the hold out boys and get the damn shot.  Jeeez 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Looking forward to tonight's game and seeing how tarzan does in his second preseason game. I need a replacement for the Viking's #8 so I am shopping qb's.  😄  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

Looks like everyone is bringing their walkers to the range!  LOL!

I surely does. And experiencing cramps as often as I have of late I am not far away from having one.  😄

Today it was hand cramping during putting practice.  ugh. 

Edited by touch
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

JW what a ball! 

uh, this is a fooball thread right?

Happy Super Bowl GIF by Frito-Lay

Yes it is.

You surely found the NFL nonsense spot.

Glad to have you stop by Giants fan. 

13 minutes ago, touch said:

Yes it is.

You surely found the NFL nonsense spot.

Glad to have you stop by Giants fan. 

Happy to be here but…

I don’t like to be painted with one brush ; )

Sure, I’m from NYC. I’ve seen the Giants beat the living crap out of Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

But above all

Im a football fan born out of being a football player.

Ive cracked heads, sat in the mud, watched religiously…Roger Staubach, Bradshaw, Fouts!

Honestly, haven’t as been much of a fan as of late given the lack of quality of hardnose football that used to be the meaning of the game.

But, I may watch a little more this year ;  )

Big cheers and hope you and yours are well

22E4C2ED-62D3-4B62-81A0-51DFC45B53AE.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3

We are looking for one more for our year long picks contest bscinstnct. Consider yourself invited sir.  

• Like 1

Jameis dropping pretty one's into his wr's arms tonight. G1 knows I have said he will have a solid year this season. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Happy to be here but…

I don’t like to be painted with one brush ; )

Sure, I’m from NYC. I’ve seen the Giants beat the living crap out of Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

But above all

Im a football fan born out of being a football player.

Ive cracked heads, sat in the mud, watched religiously…Roger Staubach, Bradshaw, Fouts!

Honestly, haven’t as been much of a fan as of late given the lack of quality of hardnose football that used to be the meaning of the game.

But, I may watch a little more this year ;  )

Big cheers and hope you and yours are well

22E4C2ED-62D3-4B62-81A0-51DFC45B53AE.jpeg

Hey bscinstinct what position did you play when you played football? 

I played a little bit back in the day but wasn't any good I guess that's why they had me starting at left out 

• Haha 4

Commissioner Greene, are our divisional future picks etched in stone? May I change? Serious question. I want to dump the Rams and join you with the brown bagged Aint's of years past. They have a real solid defense, and I told you a month ago I believed Jameis would shine this season. Add in a way solid 2nd string QB, plus one of the best head coaches in the game and I like them to win their division. Change me please 2.0  

Trevor Lawrence didn't put up points so far tonight but has looked solid. This rookie qb certainly doesn't look lost.  

35 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

Hey bscinstinct what position did you play when you played football? 

I played a little bit back in the day but wasn't any good I guess that's why they had me starting at left out 

gm! Was holding down the fort at OLB in a 4-4 in Uncle Rico days. 

My specialty was blasting running backs coming across the line of scrimmage running passing routes ; )

• Like 3

1 hour ago, touch said:

We are looking for one more for our year long picks contest bscinstnct. Consider yourself invited sir.  

Thank you, touch, I appreciate that.

I have no clue with these things, never done fantasy football etc. I just don’t follow closely enough. 

But, I’m gonna watch more this year and be chiming in here is that’s fine ; )

• Like 3

3 hours ago, touch said:

I surely does. And experiencing cramps as often as I do of late I am not far away from having one.  😄

Today it was hand cramping during putting practice.  ugh. 

I reached for the salt yesterday at lunch and got a bad cramp I almost started crying and had to tell the server to give me some time to sort it out before I could order!  😒

• Sad 3

Just now, puttnforthe8 said:

I reached for the salt yesterday at lunch and got a bad cramp I almost started crying and had to tell the server to give me some time to sort it out before I could order!  😒

Man are we both not in the same canoe.?  Rough times. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

I have no clue with these things, never done fantasy football etc. I just don’t follow closely enough. 

No participation in the contest is needed. Your words are looked forward to here as they always have been.  Oh, and remember the burgundy and gold are semi relevant again. Take that Meadowland's dude. 

Cheers  Lawrence Taylor fan !

My word did he ruin so many of the Skin's and other team's offensive plans. 

Lawrence Taylor | Pro Football Hall of Fame Official Site

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

If it makes you feel any better, I watch about 45 minutes of football excepting if the steelers are on national TV. Just pick three games against the spread so really you’re just guessing anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, touch said:

Commissioner Greene, are our divisional future picks etched in stone? May I change? Serious question. I want to dump the Rams and join you with the brown bagged Aint's of years past. They have a real solid defense, and I told you a month ago I believed Jameis would shine this season. Add in a way solid 2nd string QB, plus one of the best head coaches in the game and I like them to win their division. Change me please 2.0  

Trevor Lawrence didn't put up points so far tonight but has looked solid. This rookie qb certainly doesn't look lost.  

He threw 30 INT’s in 2019. 🤣🤣

48A9F9CD-D627-4EA1-BD8D-D885FBE1EAAF.webp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trying to get caught up, lads! Been consumed with life. UGH!! Hadn’t played much golf but hoping that changes this week. Traveling to Savannah for the next 4 days so be prepared for picture overload. Hadn’t watched much preseason, not my cup of tea. But you all know what I’ll be chanting in a few weeks…

HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO

4342E2BE-9CE0-4CED-8F8D-270AEE7725BF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

He threw 30 INT’s in 2019. 🤣🤣

48A9F9CD-D627-4EA1-BD8D-D885FBE1EAAF.webp

Will be different this year, and I will refer back to this post later in the season.  😉

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, greenemachine said:

From the desk of the Commish 2.0

Trade Alert Gif

Mich Commish - New Orleans Saints 

Go thainth new orleans saints funny meme | Saints memes, Who dat, Football  memes

Greenemachine - Los Angeles Rams 

LA Karen's - NFL in London

Thanks for accepting the trade Commish Greene. I am fairly confident I got the better of that deal. 😆

Touch gets

Fired Saints Cheerleader Details Discriminatory Rules in Scathing Complaint  | PEOPLE.com

2.0 gets

Cheerleading Male Clip Art - Male Cliparts Png Download - 958*1200 ...  #370614 - PNG Images - PNGio

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Like BSC I also played a very little football.  All my friends were playing in 5th grade so why wouldn't I.  Heck, when we played pickup football I was the QB, the DB, etc.  I had an older brother so my football skills were truthfully way beyond my 5th grade peers skills, but then the season started.

We had one kid who was fast as lightning, he was my best friend, so the game plan was this in 5th grade.  P3P's best friend up the middle, then wide right, then wide left... rinse repeat.

Now, remember I was the only person on the team who could throw those little plastic footballs with any accuracy on the team.  But first practice I was put in at QB because the team told the coach that is who always play QB in our street games, and I stuck my hands in another friends junk, and that was it for me.  So I selected to be the other running back on offense.  My job was to simply run into the line in front of my friend and hit people.  I hated it since I never got to carry the ball.

On the defensive side of the ball I had not interest in standing up the opposing player as an OLB.  I wanted to make a tackle.  I sucked like no kid has ever sucked at football.  I was the kid who had no interest in contact, sucked at football, and now as an old man I just cringe every time a guy gets rung up.  I couldn't even classify myself as faint of heart, I was downright chicken.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

Like BSC I also played a very little football.  All my friends were playing in 5th grade so why wouldn't I.  Heck, when we played pickup football I was the QB, the DB, etc.  I had an older brother so my football skills were truthfully way beyond my 5th grade peers skills, but then the season started.

We had one kid who was fast as lightning, he was my best friend, so the game plan was this in 5th grade.  P3P's best friend up the middle, then wide right, then wide left... rinse repeat.

Now, remember I was the only person on the team who could throw those little plastic footballs with any accuracy on the team.  But first practice I was put in at QB because the team told the coach that is who always play QB in our street games, and I stuck my hands in another friends junk, and that was it for me.  So I selected to be the other running back on offense.  My job was to simply run into the line in front of my friend and hit people.  I hated it since I never got to carry the ball.

On the defensive side of the ball I had not interest in standing up the opposing player as an OLB.  I wanted to make a tackle.  I sucked like no kid has ever sucked at football.  I was the kid who had no interest in contact, sucked at football, and now as an old man I just cringe every time a guy gets rung up.  I couldn't even classify myself as faint of heart, I was downright chicken.

P3P, a man of many talents. I would have never taken you as someone that played football as a kid. For some reason I had you pegged as a baseball kid. Here I am thinking you were like Ham, the catcher from the Sandlot, a smart mouth ball player looking to always getting into the opponents heads... even if that was talking about their mama. Instead you're out on the gridiron playing a little fullback providing the thunder to the speddy running backs lightning. I see you P3P.