Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

6 hours ago, touch said:

I wish to apologize. It all worked out ok in the end, but I misguided NCL with my answer to the future winner divisional pick. It was indeed supposed to be pick a team from those that remained. Whoops. Y'all knew I was just trying help. I didn't read the fine print thoroughly enough. Typical blonde. 

Doc we still need your pick.

As a prior commish, I got pretty tired of the repeated tardiness, and lack of answering the call of some players.  I am not meaning to offend anyone, but if all you have to offer is one post a week with your picks, I say that is too lackluster to hang in this club and maybe it's best to excuse yourself.

Just to reiterate what Mich commish was saying earlier. I know the trials and tribulations of life will sometimes capture your attention more so than a "meaningless golf blog" about random events with a twist of humor (and in most ways they should beckon your attention more so than this), but then again that break that is taken when life won't stop beating your head in with deadlines and what if's is sometimes like hitting a reset button. A momentary escape. If only for a moment. I am not asking to completely go off the reservation and ignore your life responsibilities but instead like I said in the intro; peek your head in the thread couple times a week if for anything to at least say hello.

If anything to those I see contribute I am without a doubt forever in your debt for all that you do to help bring this thread alive and make it something we can all escape to, if only for a moment to say hello

That's all form commish 2.0 tonight. Thank you and don't forget to tip your waitstaff. 

• Like 3

Hooray!

Today finally it's golf time for some hard working BFCC employees coming off of their busiest work week of the season. A Biltmore Forest member is showing fine generosity by taking me and two others to his club down in Marietta, South Carolina.

It has a reputation as an awesome track.

The Cliffs at Mountain Park      semi links style     Gary Player design

Noon tee time

The Cliffs at Mountain Park - Greenville, SC | Community Reviews & Real  Estate GuideMountain Park Golf Club | The Cliffs at Mountain Park Golf

Featured Course: The Course at Mountain Park | The Cliffs

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Well, it wasn't quite as swift or complete as the Afghani collapse of Kabul, but collapse I did yesterday after finding myself T2 in my flight.  It was a shotgun start and I started out par, bogey, par, bogey.  It was a mish mash of shots and I was accompanied by the lingering doubt we have all had when playing, "When are the wheels going to fall off?"

Hit a good drive on a par 5, sitting in the middle of the fairway thinking its a birdie, or at worst a par.  Well, I rare back and hit a 4W that was OB within 40 yards of where I was standing.  I walk off with a triple, and officially, the wheels fell off.  Generally, with my wedge/putting I usually roll through par 5's even or under, but not yesterday.  I was a smooth 5 over on the par 5's and ended up dragging in with an 8 over on the day and fell out of contention in my flight.

I guess that's why golf is so hard.  Those things just happen.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, puttnforthe8 said:

Played in an event yesterday on one of the toughest courses in the area; made tougher by the recent Am and NCAA events hosted there.  While not the usual AZ hot - only 100 - the humidity was probably the worst I have ever experienced here in AZ.  Dripping just from the warmup session.  

Started off with a double bogey on the 205yd par 3 with the pin tucked on a shelf as close to the edge as possible.  A good shot was not rewarded and into the death bunker I went.  I should have played conservative an missed left and short and just got up and down.  Oh well.  But after that, I managed the course well, let a couple of birdies slip away on the tough greens and managed to play the next 16 holes in 2 over. 

I thought I was drinking enough water, but clearly not.  After a great drive, dead center on 17 (par 5), I started cramping up.  First, my left foot with my toes curling up in the shoe.  Then my calf, and finally my whole left side of the torso...just as swung too. Off into a bunker near the edge my ball went.  I could only advance it a few yards.  Still cramping, I tried hitting a little wedge in from 75 yards-well it went 85 and into another hellacious bunker. Double bogey.

I tried working through the cramp, on the next tee - an ugly pull but some distance; unfortunately on the #1 handicap hole of course.  Get to the ball, it is deep in the rough and in a bad lie.  I make good contact, but the ball just snap hooks into the desert.  I get to the ball and unbelievably have a shot to get it to the green...I let a small branch bother the swing and I chunked it; had to take unplayable, onto the green and 2 put for a triple!

Went from 1st or 2nd to 7th just like that!  😞   

Next week, I am drinking 3 gallons before tee off!

As per usual I am here to help. And in this case reiterate the fact that drinking water is much more beneficial before a round than.....

21aafbf8f2469ee02c6ffae3b08538d1.jpg

695c4a80828579e2cda42e52ef44a8df.jpg

43073765.jpg

• Like 4

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

The Complete List of Divisional Picks

P48 - Buffalo Bills in the AFC East

image.png.11118d0b72ee88654db41a2d0bba0261.png

Q Man - New England Patriots in the AFC East  

image.png.0d380fb17e96939455455e20531cf18d.png

P3P - Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC North 

38 Ben Roethlisberger memes ideas | ben roethlisberger, memes, steelers

G1- New Orleans Saints in the NFC South 

New Orleans Saints Quotes. QuotesGram

Chuntsman- Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFC South 

Tampa Bay Gronkaneers svg, Buccaneers svg, New England Patriots svg, T –  Svg Fabulous

Touch- Los Angeles Rams in the NFC West 

ST LOUIS RAMS LA RAMS MEMES Different City Same Results | Football Meme on  ME.ME

NCLancer- Baltimore Ravens in the AFC North 

I Hate the Baltimore Ravens - Home | Facebook

Doctoro- San Francisco 49ers in the NFC West 

It's the Santa Clara 4 & 9ers - 49ers | Meme Generator

• Like 3

The Cliffs com

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In honor of the divisional picks coming in and the ever closing excitement that is regular season football I am giving another multiplayer to be had. This one will be a one time use to be used after Week 6 (playoffs excluded) and it is called Losing to Win. I know you golf fanatics around here had your ears perk up as it sounded a lot like the game you love so dearly. The Losing to Win pick will have the player pick a team with a losing record and is playing against a team with a winning record for a chance to net or lose an additional 3 points. 

Spread a non factor for these picks. As long as the team you pick for that week has a LOSING record AND is playing a team with a WINNING record the Lose to Win pick will be active upon the player's choosing.

How it works. If I choose the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 15 with a record of 5-10 facing the Green Bay Packers with a record of 10-5 and signify I would like the Losing to Win Pick to be active with a LTW next to my pick, the +/- 3 games with be active. If the Raiders end up winning I am then granted an additional 3 "wins" to my overall total. If the Raiders end up losing then I am given 3 additional "loses" to my overall total. 

What my picks should look like with the Losing to Win pick included. 

Ari +5 

Den -8

LV - LTW

Hopefully this will provide yet another "ace up the sleeve" for anyone looking to make a move going into the playoffs. 3 win or 3 loses can go a long way so don't forget to kiss the dice for luck before you roll it or you just might get rolled instead. Again if there any questions about this or any of the other zany gimmicks introduced this year please feel free to ask and I will see to it that you get the help you need. That's it from commish 2.0 tonight. Thank you and don't forget to tip your waitstaff. Good Knight. 

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, touch said:

Hey G1, like my rendition? 

NCL goes 

Sexy NFL FANS on Twitter: "One sexy #Ravens fan for you to retweet  @NFL_RavensFans http://t.co/otPW1jIqFK"

doc goes Niners

San Francisco 49ers Fans | Hot fan, Niners girl, 49ers fans

Pete goes 

130 Steelers ideas in 2021 | steelers, steelers girl, steelers fan

Q goes

Hottest New England Patriots Fans and Cheerleaders

Chuntsman goes 

http://budlightcelebration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/A6ZxiEM4.jpeg

touch goes

This SMOKING HOT Rams Fan Is Going CRAZY VIRAL After Super Bowl Loss (PICS)  | Total Pro Sports

Commish Greene goes 

you go mellon!  

hottes-fan-saints | Girls and Stuff

puttingforthegoddamneight goes 

Week 4 NFL Picks, with Pictures

I knew your new title would suite you well there Mich commish. Skin remix, well done. 

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A big thanks is going out to greenemachine. Thank you sir for grabbing the steering wheel. I am savoring being free of the responsibilities.

You've done well so far newbie commish. 

Cheers to our group heading into a new season.

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 1

Very smart action by the Falcons. Nobody picked the dirty birds to win the division around here right?  We shall see.

Atlanta Falcons Become First NFL Team To Have 100% Vaccination Rate Among Players

• Like 2

13 hours ago, greenemachine said:

In honor of the divisional picks coming in and the ever closing excitement that is regular season football I am giving another multiplayer to be had. This one will be a one time use to be used after Week 6 (playoffs excluded) and it is called Losing to Win. I know you golf fanatics around here had your ears perk up as it sounded a lot like the game you love so dearly. The Losing to Win pick will have the player pick a team with a losing record and is playing against a team with a winning record for a chance to net or lose an additional 3 points. 

Spread a non factor for these picks. As long as the team you pick for that week has a LOSING record AND is playing a team with a WINNING record the Lose to Win pick will be active upon the player choosing.

How it works. If I choose the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 15 with a record of 5-10 facing the Green Bay Packers with a record of 10-5 and signify I would like the losing to Win Pick to be active with a LTW next to my pick, the +/- 3 games with be active. If the Raiders end up winning I am then granted an additional 3 "wins" to my overall total. If the Raiders end up losing then I am given 3 additional "loses" to my overall total. 

What my picks should look like with the Losing to Win pick included. 

Ari +5 

Den -8

LV - LTW

Hopefully this will provide yet another "ace up the sleeve" for anyone looking to make a move going into the playoffs. 3 win or 3 loses can go a long way so don't forget to kiss the dice for luck before you roll it or you just might get rolled instead. Again if there any questions about this or any of the other zany gimmicks introduced this year please feel free to ask and I will see to it that you get the help you need. That's it from commish 2.0 tonight. Thank you and don't forget to tip your waitstaff. Good Knight. 

I'm liking the additional special picks G1. Keep bringing them our way please. Nice work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

Mich Commish not a big fan of games like these 😆

Defense wins championships 

Not always mellon. 

SUPER BOWL XXXIV CHAMPION 1999 ST LOUIS RAMS: One of the greatest of NFL  champions | Taylor Blitz Times

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

😆

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'All I'm saying is that the Jaguars cut Tim Tebow and suddenly the Taliban is back'

• Haha 1

What is Kurt Warner's playing style? - Quora

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Let's talk a little about the game of golf as we await the coronation of the Steelers as the most over-hyped team pre-season not named the Cowboys.

I like to play, and for my physical abilities I tend to get more out of them than I should, and this often puts me into odd competitive situations.  In the last two individual stroke play tournaments in which I have participated I tend to be paired up with folks with whom I don't have a lot in common.  Both tournaments I have been paired up with ascending high school golfers while I am clearly experiencing a golf descension.  By this I mean, my 230 yard bunts, hybrid, chip, putt is completely different than the younger players drive, wedge, two putt or the reason why we are in the same flight, driver, wedge, chip, two putt.

Right?  They can overpower the course, but ultimately they haven't learned how to score which puts them into my diminished flight.  Once they learn how to score, well, they will never play with me again, and it truly feels as though I am operating a competitive advantage.  On the other hand, one of the boys (most recently) who was putting lights out beat me by 7, I beat the other one by 2, so it is completely mental, but it is a tough hurdle to cross for me.

I usually start out the round with a quote my senior year English teacher told us jocks, "If these are the best years of your life, then you (plural, there were 5 of us present) are pathetic."  Do we agree or disagree with this sentiment?  I think I know Touch's answer since his senior prom was in the basement listening to Culture Club and Wham, but any other thoughts.

As we begin this season remember, if you are over 34 you are on the physical decline. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

Let's talk a little about the game of golf as we await the coronation of the Steelers as the most over-hyped team pre-season not named the Cowboys.

I like to play, and for my physical abilities I tend to get more out of them than I should, and this often puts me into odd competitive situations.  In the last two individual stroke play tournaments in which I have participated I tend to be paired up with folks with whom I don't have a lot in common.  Both tournaments I have been paired up with ascending high school golfers while I am clearly experiencing a golf descension.  By this I mean, my 230 yard bunts, hybrid, chip, putt is completely different than the younger players drive, wedge, two putt or the reason why we are in the same flight, driver, wedge, chip, two putt.

Right?  They can overpower the course, but ultimately they haven't learned how to score which puts them into my diminished flight.  Once they learn how to score, well, they will never play with me again, and it truly feels as though I am operating a competitive advantage.  On the other hand, one of the boys (most recently) who was putting lights out beat me by 7, I beat the other one by 2, so it is completely mental, but it is a tough hurdle to cross for me.

I usually start out the round with a quote my senior year English teacher told us jocks, "If these are the best years of your life, then you (plural, there were 5 of us present) are pathetic."  Do we agree or disagree with this sentiment?  I think I know Touch's answer since his senior prom was in the basement listening to Culture Club and Wham, but any other thoughts.

As we begin this season remember, if you are over 34 you are on the physical decline. 

No sir....My senior year prom was all about some earth,wind,and fire, Commodores, Van Halen,REO, Boston,and Styx. In 1979 there was no Boy George nor George Michael P3P. Those entertainers were still in middle school fiddling for the first time with other lad's Sherwood sticks in '79.

Great post Montana man. I am redoing my recap of Monday's round  now because a power surge connected with the brutal storm that hit Asheville yesterday and continued through the night came my way and my hours of writing last night dissapeared when I was online at 10 pm. Hate it when that happens. I will respond more to your interesting post later. And remember Pete you are a baby compared to LP who is I believe the eldest duffer here, so with your 230 yard drives you will still drop mail on mine.

This group makes me smile daily. I'm grateful for that.

🙂

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Hey Mich Commish...how was the weather in your area of The Old North State?  Looked pretty nasty out that way.   

A post describing the nastiness we recieved yesterday will be coming later NCL. Thank you for asking and for your concern my NC brother.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, touch said:

A post describing the nastiness we recieved yesterday will be coming later NCL. Thank you for asking and for your concern my NC brother.

I was under the impression the western mountains were a bucolic paradise of no hurricanes, no bugs, and no tornadoes.  I have always had the vision of Julie Andrews frolicking in the fields of the Smoky Mountains.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

I can't remember 34. 

• Haha 4

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4