2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

2 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

I will concur with touch that it would be nice if the New Commish puts down everything together in one post. Then this old guy can write it down and figure out what he wants to do. Thanks Commish II. 

What's the over/under on touch deleting posts this coming season?

Cam was a serious surprise, but as the beat writer said Coach Hoodie probably didn't want Jones having Cam look over his shoulder. It's all squarely on Jones now. He looked real good in preseason, but that's preseason. 

Squish the Fish first game at home. 

You got it Q man. I will be releasing one last multiplayer pick by weeks end. After and before start of season I will most certainly summarize and combine all multiplayer picks into one post for easy viewing. 

• Thanks 2

😂

May be an image of ‎1 person and ‎text that says '‎BISHOP 1 زم BREAKING BISHOP SYCAMORE SIGNING CAM NEWTON‎'‎‎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'One of these two is a starting QB in the NFL. The other doesn't have a job. SEARUAIES MOURE'

• Haha 3

Crack on Cam. It is what I do. It's been a thing on our threads for years y'all.

🙂

May be an image of 1 person, child, standing and text that says 'It actually happened... NEJ NE GE'

• Haha 2

LOOK JUST AS DAPPER AS CAM NEWTON ON A BUDGET — The Blogssip | Celebrity  Gossip & News

Cam Newton's Style Evolution Through The Years | HuffPost Life

NFL Memes - Cam Newton out here looking like the mountain climber dude from  The Price Is Right... | Facebook

The always entertaining Cam Newton.

Cam does posses one of the most amazing physiques in the history of the NFL. Cam loves the stage and is great at the podium and whenever looking into a camera. He likes the bright lights on him.

He'll be OK and will be with a new team in a short while I feel.........and he still should have dove on that damn ball and also gotten G dang vaccinated. 

Cam Newton earning respect of Carolina teammates - al.com

Cam Newton Short Shorts | BlackSportsOnline

CAM NEWTON ENTERS SEASON LASER FOCUSED | UA Newsroom

Cam Newton Workout Routine | Dr Workout

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i'm kind of glad BK parted ways with Chef, but it was not him solely. Remember Brooks asked Parker and also his physio to work only with him and be exclusively part of his team. Both Parker and the massage expert denied his request and were let go after 4 Majors. They both had designed their business's around multiple clients and did not agree with Brooks's demand.  Granted I am not a big Bryson fan, but he was indeed bullied by Koepka over the past year. This article is quite well written and sheds the proper light on their feud. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/brooks-koepka-call-off-bryson-dechambeau-feud-

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Let it be known to all that Cam did indeed improve the lives of many of the less fortunate residents of the Queen City, Charlotte, North Carolina during his Panther days. Cam made a big effort in giving back to the city of Charlotte. He certainly deserves a big tip of the cap for doing so boys because it was really sincere.  

So many in my home state were devastated when he was let go from the Panthers. It's going to be a new stage once again for Cam. One that is less strict as Pats Theater I'm sure.

Another chapter is about to begin for the Heisman winner from Auburn and old commish has the Cam news covered for ya.

😀

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

The Panthers were fortunate to mount a run with these two.

Gay Teen's NFL Guide Week 1: Let's celebrate the return of football -  Outsports

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2021 at 8:49 PM, touch said:

The Panthers were fortunate to mount a run with these two.

.........and then add in this guys and Riverboat Ron had him some serious weapons. 

Atlanta Falcons should be the first to give Luke Kuechly a call

Edited by touch

43 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

Okay, okay last one...

Never say last as Cam will always bring enjoyable entertainment from the lighter side of the NFL to those of us that will gobble it up. 

He can be counted regularly to generate some good bits.

Ya know RGlll only wishes he had as much control. 😆

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

🤔

Told ya the one's opposed to taking the needle will cause a stir this year New Commish. 

• Like 2

The leftovers from Ida are in the general area of western NC. We are to deal with the outer bands as the meat of the disturbance is over Memphis and the Vol state. It nonetheless cancelled again my chance to play CCA this afternoon.

Dang, how many consecutive times will it be that I am shut out from teeing up it up on my favorite Asheville golf course?

Yesterday at Broadmoor

blended tees 

69.0 - 136- 6110 yds.

77* at kick off 

89* on the back 9

(3 golf glove day)

I was looking forward to the round as the foursome I put together was a fun bunch that rarely came together for a tee time. I learned during the round that besides Stan the other two played college hockey and it was their favorite sport. We talked a bit of hockey during our round.

So we had left to right Dr. Steve my originally from Detroit brother who retired to the AVL, Stan, zee no.1 golf buddy and the stud from Mass. (still running a posh restaurant locally) , and NY Chris who also has retired in the AVL. Chis is from way upstate like NCL. It's a studly group I golf with. These boys are some of my favorite guys to play some golf with.

It was as it has been hot and muggy. It hit 89* on our back nine. 

Nothing special on the range prior to teeing off except I did find a little something regarding one of the things I am working on with Hutch, and that is addressing my cupping of my left wrist at the top. So I concentrated on my hands at the top specifically with driver on the range and saw instant improvement when they were put it in the proper position up there. I did notice that my swing had fine tempo on the range.

Course Conditions: I saw the damage the flooding had caused out there. Two greens had 30% of their surface lost. I have played the course after a flood out a few times before, but this time it appeared that Broadmoor took a bigger hit.

The starter who I know well told me that they were absolutely packed. We waited 25 minutes past our tee time before we began. It was a terrible pace of play to start off. I thought to myself in the 3rd fairway .....the last time I waited over every shot 5-10 minutes was years ago when I played public golf courses in L.A. county on the weekends. It was way slow out of the gate. Broadmoor early in the week is packed with snowbirds from Florida who have summer condo's in the AVL and apparently they all came out Monday. We stood around a good bit on the front 9. It took 3 hours until we made the turn. The heat caused the super slow group in front of us to quit after 9. This was to be my slowest round of the season and under those conditions one can almost never get into his normal groove playing. Our pace of play improved on the back. 

I nicked the tree on the left with my opening 3 wood tee shot. It fell onward but not by much. I had 190 in still. I pulled hybrid, flushed it and just nicked another tree right in front of the green. Hit a sick pitch from under the that tree to 5 feet. Lipped out the par save. Rough opening hole. Next hole a 179 par 3. Hit the tightest one in there out of the group. (4 hybrid) to 8 feet, just missed birdie. I started out the front 9 hitting some of my best drives of the season. Yup the guy who doesn't struggle much consistently finding the short grass was even better this day at Broadmoor. I never hit the longest drives when I play with the former hockey players Stan and Chris, yet yesterday I was 10 or more yards by them all day long. Thanks I believe to working with my hand position at the top on the range prior to the round. I hit fairway and green on 3 and two putted for par. The par 5 fourth with trouble on both sides was next. Stan see's me walk to the tee and exclaims oh not the driver. I always hit 3 wood here  because it is a tight shot but today was different. I replied to Stan with I found something on the range and I can thread needles today. I delivered. I hit a pure 5 wood second shot after that and then an 8 iron to 11 feet. Made the uphill bender from the left for my first birdie on the day. Even through 5. Made a poor shot on number 6 that resulted in a bogey. Took pars on in.. One over at the turn. 

I 3 putted twice from inside 20 feet with birdie looks on the back or otherwise it would have been a mighty special round. I had one more birdie on the back and a bunch of steady pars. I was in a comfortable zone golfing all day and that made me pretty sharp in all facets of the game. For me often my best days driving the ball result in my best scores. I shot one over on the back and posted a 74. It was not even close as my opponents got bogged down with the super slow play under the scorching sun and made numerous doubles in route to mid 80's scores.  

I once again had zero penalty strokes and managed to not double a hole. I was quite an exhausted fellow after battling for nearly five hours. In the end another Lawrence got a win in golf the last week of August in Asheville. 

I had a blast out there shooting one of my best s scores this summer.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

P3P will find the this action somewhere late at night in Dublin I am sure.

Mosh Pit GIF | Gfycat

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

So apparently the R teams threw me in my missive.  I have no idea who the Raiders are playing but I am sticking with my pick.  Either its the Rams or the Ravens, but either way, the LV stadium will carry them to cover.

You'd have thought I had a little too much of this yesterday morning...

• Like 4

22 hours ago, touch said:

The over/under for my deleted posts over the course of the season has been set at 88 naturally. That's an average of about 5 per week. Seems accurate. 

Sometimes I put up stuff at night while being slightly inebriated from combined substances and then the next morning see them not with buzzed vision and reread them with a somewhat clearer mind, this causes my adjustments.

Q you can relate as it is comparable to a female being an 8 at last call who leaves with you, but is clearly a 3 at best the next morning. 😀

February 14, 2012 – Andertoons Cartoon Blog

My Dating Nightmare: Women Reveal Their Worst One-Night Stand Fails -  CheezCake - Parenting | Relationships | Food | Lifestyle 

Pretty much figured that's what is was/is. Just having a bit of fun. Please do keep up the inebriated state. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

18 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Pretty much figured that's what is was/is. Just having a bit of fun. Please do keep up the inebriated state. 

It would be an honor to continue to tipsy type for you. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2021 at 5:12 PM, greenemachine said:

You got it Q man. I will be releasing one last multiplayer pick by weeks end. After and before start of season I will most certainly summarize and combine all multiplayer picks into one post for easy viewing. 

Well Im Waiting Gif

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Today I just had to hit the range after work for a few reasons.

1. It was only 74 degrees outside this afternoon and there was also a wonderful breeze.

2. My new irons arrived and I was anxious to try them out. 

3. Hutch would be there helping all who asked. 

I got some instruction for a half hour and then had blast participating in a 45 minute putting contest with my friend Clayton(in pic with me) and his boys. Took second and won 7 bucks.

I am less than 75 days away from turning 60 and know I have lost some swing speed over the last season and a half, I thought I might experiment with something equipment wise. I have always played graphite shafted irons because of their lighter weight and especially for their shock absorption properties as I suffer from frequent golfer guy inflamed joints and tendons because I bang a lot of balls. Going back decades my graphite iron shafts have always been regular flex. So for a trial I snagged a set of senior flex Taylor Made M6's off eBay. They are the exact same length and have the identical lie angles as my current TM M5's. The 5' s are mid capper sticks, and the 6' s are more helpful. I knew they would fit. I love my current irons but I feel I could use some more snap/kick/pop at impact than I am currently getting. My current irons have Mitsubishi  regulars and the new set has Fujikura's  in A-flex. The senior flex shafts are also 15 grams lighter in weight.

My first impression with the new irons was mighty solid. The new set did not feel too whippy or loose which was my greatest concern moving down into a senior flex club. The trajectory was perfect. They were a 1/2 club longer than my current set so that is a bonus to this short knocker.  They are a touch stronger lofted and have more offset. That's ok for this cut swing player. I found I could work them them left and right and also flight them down easily if I wanted to. So the new irons passed their first range session with high marks. Tomorrow after my shift I have put together a foursome of decent playing coworkers and then and there these irons will make their debut. I might not have my yardages down exactly in such a short period of time, but I have a fairly good idea after today on the range how far I hit them.

You don't always have to play 18 to have an enjoyable time participating in golf. Love my time at the range practicing with the fellas. 

Again tomorrow the temps in Asheville will be in the middle 70's and that is such welcome news. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, devinh821 said:

Is there still room for one more?!

When you are a valued past participant of this contest and then look to come back for more craziness and fun a few seasons later you OF COURSE HAVE A SPOT in the club. 

Welcome back Devin!

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, devinh821 said:

Is there still room for one more?!

Nodding GIFs - 80 Animated Pictures to Agree or Approve