2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

Vegas odds on this participant call for a middle of the pack finish at the end of the 2021 season. No basement for touch once more is predicted. Vegas says he is more known for his diverse subject posts and wacky humor anyway than having any true prognosticating skills.

Some of touch's posts are NC-17 so please be aware. 

I am giving it my best shot as always.

So jazzed pro football is back.     

Cheers to our 5th or 6th year picks contest kicking off this week,

the blonde one 

touch

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

2 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

Packers, Seahawks and 49ers to kick off the season for me.

581968_493300484031419_478601748_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=e007fa&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=PbMOKD8KYUQAX9gkUhX&tn=7HQ06YiZKIotciki&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.fna&oh=c6d470f2389506e54e2bd2ffdbee1de3&oe=615C6C9Asea2.jpge616bff5b4eec04abde84935d0fc9f5e.jpg

Mich Commish I think P48 has you beat this week man with the skin post of the week 

Nicely done P48

You get the Skin Dept. Seal of Approval 

Playboy - Bunny Poster Print (36 X 24) - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Edited by greenemachine
  • Thanks 1

Great weather yesterday: 85, sunny, slight breeze.  Mrs NCLancer and I ventured west into Alamance County and played 18 at the aptly named Challenge.  https://www.challengegolf.net/

Fairly busy course (4 hrs), 39 putts, 5 of 14 fairways hit, 3 drowned balls (plus 1 fished out) led to a disappointing  54 + 51 = 105.  Not my day but the company was wonderful and we both hit some quality shots though they were more middling ones than good. 

Picked up a pint of BBQ, some baked beans and slaw on the way home.  Wonder Bread has a honey-flavored roll that makes a tasty sandwich so we showered, ate and watched the Solheim Cup I had DVR'd.  An icy cold Mt. Dew was my drink of choice, sweet iced tea for my lady.  All in all it was a very nice Sunday!

I guess we may seem to be a pretty simple couple but we prefer simple to complicated...makes life easier! 😄

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Great weather yesterday: 85, sunny, slight breeze.  Mrs NCLancer and I ventured west into Alamance County and played 18 at the aptly named Challenge.  https://www.challengegolf.net/

Fairly busy course (4 hrs), 39 putts, 5 of 14 fairways hit, 3 drowned balls (plus 1 fished out) led to a disappointing  54 + 51 = 105.  Not my day but the company was wonderful and we both hit some quality shots though they were more middling ones than good. 

Picked up a pint of BBQ, some baked beans and slaw on the way home.  Wonder Bread has a honey-flavored roll that makes a tasty sandwich so we showered, ate and watched the Solheim Cup I had DVR'd.  An icy cold Mt. Dew was my drink of choice, sweet iced tea for my lady.  All in all it was a very nice Sunday!

I guess we may seem to be a pretty simple couple but we prefer simple to complicated...makes life easier! 😄

NCL gotta ask ya, which style sauce of North Carolina do you enjoy the most? Vinegar based? Tomato based? Ketchup based? (there is a difference from Tomato) or my favorite the NC/SC foothills mustard style?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greenemachine said:

NCL gotta ask ya, which style sauce of North Carolina do you enjoy the most? Vinegar based? Tomato based? Ketchup based? (there is a difference from Tomato) or my favorite the NC/SC foothills mustard style?

Good question!  We are a "house divided" as I prefer vinegar based but will use tomato if need be.  My better half is strictly tomato so last night we went with 1 small container of each.

I'm not sure I've tried ketchup based and I've only tried the mustard once and didn't really care for it but would be willing to try it again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NCLancer said:

I so enjoy your shared golf recaps  NCL. The calendar better not change to a new year without the 3 of us having  played 18. That's a threesome comprised of Mrs. Sweet Tea, Mt. Dew, and Red Bull. 😃

Lets shoot for Charlotte this fall.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jerebear21 said:

bucs

Texans

Bills

This is coming from both commish's old and new.

Jerebear I have bad news for you. Sir you ONLY post your picks, and they often come in under the wire for the week. That is all we get from ya. We know your new baby and such is taxing, but your contributions were zilch. We needed a bit more. I even wrapped up the golf picks season thread weeks ago and never heard from ya. I might have deserved a wee tip of the cap for taking your original (great) idea (thanks) when the Super Bowl ended and continuing on running a weekly PGA Tour Picks contest. Those two contests together lasted 2 weeks short of a full year. So unfortunately you have been cut. We have a replacement already on board and it's kind of special as he was a participant from years past.

It is certainly not my intention to offend ya Jerebear. I am just shooting straight. 

Next year an invitation will be offered to you.

Oh and you took the bronze medal in the PGA TOUR Picks contest.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

I have been beating this subject since forever and damn it that I have to type it tonight once more. 

Put up you picks please EARLIER than the day or two before kickoffs. I want this to be my final call FOR BETTER EFFORT. If things do not change this time we will have to enact a picks in by deadline, and then if your picks are late you will get docked a couple of points. This is something we don't want to do of course, but my repeated requests to post up in a timely fashion  often have been ignored so we will have no other choice.  geesh

Hey keeping tabs of all the numbers all season long involves work. Help your man/men at the controls and post on time. 

Happy week one fellas, and welcome to early autumn and the return of Pro football, and cooler temps on the course. Yahoo ! 

LP 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, greenemachine said:

Mich Commish I think P48 has you beat this week man with the skin post of the week 

Nicely done P48

You get the Skin Dept. Seal of Approval 

Playboy - Bunny Poster Print (36 X 24) - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

It's mighty hot in the desert half the year G1 so people wear less. Maricopa County guys witness some of the finest scantily clad gals from a wide range of ages prancing all around greater Phoenix. It beats the hell out of Des Moines. I very much enjoyed my three years in Scottsdale.

Of course we welcome  a second contributor around here who shares some female prettiness, though P48's selections for the week seemed a touch racier than mine. 😄   Maybe I am more college and up gals and he is more performers in front of a camera, well his last lassie sure was.  🤣

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for the pm Jerebear. I appreciate the quick response. 

Edited by touch

20 hours ago, touch said:

I have been beating this subject since forever and damn it that I have to type it tonight once more. 

Put up you picks please EARLIER than the day or two before kickoffs. I want this to be my final call FOR BETTER EFFORT. If things do not change this time we will have to enact a picks in by deadline, and then if your picks are late you will get docked a couple of points. This is something we don't want to do of course, but my repeated requests to post up in a timely fashion  often have been ignored so we will have no other choice.  geesh

Hey keeping tabs of all the numbers all season long involves work. Help your man/men at the controls and post on time. 

Happy week one fellas, and welcome to early autumn and the return of Pro football, and cooler temps on the course. Yahoo ! 

LP 

With all due respect commish, and I may be thinking too deep on this as it is for fun, but isn’t part of picking against the spread waiting to see players who are game time decisions or questionable if they’re gonna play or not. I’d hate to be locked into a pick made on Friday evening to find out TB12 had some bad organic guac Saturday night while watching Giselle prance around in her Victoria secrets. I will definitely be more pro active in getting my picks in in a timely fashion. But perfection takes time. 90-0 or cellar her I come!!! 🤣🤣

Edited by CHuntsman
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

Well - I am going to throw in my recent golf story and tribulations over the last week.

So last week our 'tour' here in Phx had its annual Trip Away tournament.  We try and get away from the heat have an extended event to our season.  This year it was San Diego area with tourney rounds at Maderas, Aviara and Torrey South.  I invited the missus to go since we have not had a trip away since you all know when!  So we took off a few days early to enjoy the beach and some other activities in advance of the tournament rounds.  So off we drove Wednesday last week.

After some great beach-time, brew-time and food-time it was time to play some competitive golf.  I have been looking forward to this trip for a while now, as my game has really improved this year (8hc to 3hc) and I really wanted a good showing.  

Day 1: 1pm tee time at Maderas Golf course outside of San Diego in Poway.  This course has a blend of very tight driving holes, with some semi-blind shots, elevation changes and tough greens.  I have played it a few times before, so I felt I had a slight advantage over many of my fellow competitors.

Well, I had plenty of time for a good breakfast and then it was a short drive to take my lovely gal to the Lodge at Torrey for a spa day.  It was only a 15 minute drive, thankfully, from our hotel to Torrey because as I pulled up to the entrance smoke was coming from the engine and the valet kindly informed that my vehicle was spewing all over the road.  DAMN!  They directed me to go park in the lot.  I had a tee time in about an hour and a half and now I have to deal with this issue.  I got hold of roadside assistance and they sent out a tow truck to take the vehicle to the dealership.  I had to take off to make my tee time, so my gal has part of her spa day (lunch) delayed as she had to now wait for the tow truck.  Fortunately a few friends were staying at Torrey so I was able to catch a lift to the course.

I got to the course pretty stressed and waiting to get confirmation the vehicle (2020 new btw) was towed and to where.  I got a message letting me know it was taken to a dealership in SD, but they likely could not even get to look at it until the following Thursday!  WTF!  I had a below average range session and a poor putting session due to thinking of what we were going to do.  Of note:  they won't give you a loaner car until post-diagnosis!  Ugh.  Shotgun start, and we are off a semi blind shot and one of the tightest fairways, but short...not really a tee shot to have in such a mentally fragile state!  But a few deep breaths and a F.IT. attitude, I pulled driver and piped it out center of the fairway and was left with about 85 yards left.  Par.  Tough Par 3 next. Par. Tough Par 4 next. Par.  Great - maybe I can make through this stress. 

Now comes a pretty easy, long par 5, with the green being the tough part.  Good Drive, average lay up.  Here's where my stress caught up to me.  I forgot that we were at sea level, yes, even lower than Phx and the ball won't travel as far.  I pulled the wrong club out into the elevated green, came up short by about 3-4 yards and down rolled my ball into the ravine.  Double bogey after a below average recovery ship after the drop.

I proceeded to forget about the distance loss on 2 more key approach shots, resulting in "ball-in-the-crap" scenarios.  These sent me spiraling to a series of mediocre and scared shots and a final round 82 and quickly behind the 8-ball for the overall event!

Maderas Golf Club | Torrey Pines Golf

Day 2: 1:30 tee time Aviara in Carlsbad.  Aviara is a really beautiful course with some really interesting holes that require the golfer to stay sharp the whole time.  One lapse in focus can result in a long day.  I really enjoy the course, but was a bit concerned that my stress would get the best of me.  However, after a great meal in La Jolla and realizing that our car could have broken down btw. Yuma and San Diego (talk about bad place to break down), coupled with the fact we brought our work pcs and knew we could work remotely from San Diego my stress level decreased.

Long story short here - I played virtually perfect golf on this demanding course.  Pushed on by a fellow competitor that was driven to beat me (and made such intentions very clear), which in turn drove me to focus.   I did some scoreboard watching towards the end and knew what I had to do, in hindsight it may have been better to not look, not sure....but I was sitting in 2nd place with 2 holes to play.  

Hole 16: great drive, center of the green to a tucked pin, stress free par.

Hole 17:  beautiful par 3, 176 to pin back right (2nd pic below);  I decided to go for it!  I set up for a cut off the left center.  Well...I mishit it just enough to both come up short and cut more than I wanted...and pop into the creek near the green.   After a drop, I almost holed a very tough chip, but settled for a bogey!  oof.

Hole 18:  This is a great hole.  A very straightforward drive, but a tough green with multiple slopes. Pin was tucked back left just off a sever fall off.  I crushed one straight down the middle.  My playing partner that was trying to beat me had birdied the above par 3 and was now tied with me.  He really went hard at the drive and got himself in trouble, had to take a drop and still had tree trouble.  He was out of the running after hitting a tree flush on his 3rd shot.  As for me, I had my perfect distance, crisped the shot to 10 feet, but was now faced with a crazy fast putt with about a 3 foot break.  NAILED IT for a strong 75!  Now I needed the guy in first to bogey his last hole.  Unfortunately, he parred it.  So I took 2nd in round 2 and climbed way up the leaderboard for overall, but still needed to make up some ground.

Aviara Golf Club - Next Golf

Aviara Golf Club offers 18-holes of golf designed by Arnold Palmer

Day 3:  Tee times today based on standings. I am 3rd to last off at 920.  I had a great warmup session and was feeling good.  It was an absolutely perfect day.

Well, I had one of the best striking days I have had in a long time.  Unfortunately, I had 9 'documented' MENTAL errors! which led to a really poor round of 84!!  This left me out of the money for the overall and only a Day 2 second place.

Torrey Pines Golf Course | SAN DIEGO JUNIOR CLUB

To wrap up the story:  The dealership failed to get in contact with us, no one would respond to our emails or calls.  I finally got hold of the service manager who proceeded to tell me that they could not look at the car until Thursday and even then it would be 3 weeks to fix.   So finally I escalated to my local dealership and asked for help.  My sales person went to his manager who in turn went to the district manager for the southwest.  That seemed to work, because they called back late Wednesday and said they determined the issue (a heater hose came undone - supposedly never seen before) and could fix it, but then needed to make sure we had not blown the engine.  Loop back to above - we had only driven about 15 min and 9 miles.  The hose must have been coming undone and came fully off just as we got to Torrey.  This saved things because there was no damage to the engine. 

We took a Lyft the next day, picked up our car and then decided to just stay through the weekend and enjoy downtown SD.  We made the drive back to Phx Sat afternoon safely with no more car issues.

So there is my story!  

Yeah there is your story all right Mr. P48 , a story accompanied by absolutely gorgeous golf photos. Special little area of north San Diego thatTorrey Pines, La Jolla, and Carlsbad make.  It is a stretch of beautiful So Cal coastal topography. Me too ran from the furnace that was Vegas to take in some salty Pacific coast air a few times.  

They had a LPGA event at Aviara for a few years didn't they? I played it and shot in 90 as my swing was off and I found trouble endlessly. This first timer needed a caddie for that track. It is one beautiful golf course and the beauty distracted me. Who cares this place was almost Shadow Creek like.....seriously. 

Did I miss the part where you and your wife had spectacular fish tacos at.....?

Did your crew have a few pops downtown in the Gaslamp Quarter? 

Regardless of score I bet you were in a fine mental state playing those beautiful resort courses in moderate temperatures. Thank you for the battling hard recap of your golf. Sorry the stress of the car emergency made the first hours uncomfortable. And thanks especially for those Bitchin' pictures of amazing southern California golf holes. 

Now that was a 1st class escape from Greyhawk-Troon Land I'd say. 

I knew exactly what you experienced with the stealership down there. The first time I escaped Vegas in the summertime to Hotel Circle SD, I did the Gaslamp Quarter, Petco Park, and some Torrey and La Jolla.

I found out early that they move much slower down there. Everything is running at 50% of the normal pace of any other major metro area in the US of comparable size. There is not much of any L.A. speed or vibe down there and it makes it a more peaceful getaway. Hotel Del at sunset is a fine thing to experience.

Once again thanks for the great read. 

I sat down with a glass of wine after coming home from my round to catch up on the thread and there it was..........You and your story. 😁

Bravo!   

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CHuntsman said:

Poolside spliffs watching the Noles vs Irish game. #WideLeft

463692B0-E7CF-4E57-B220-C4A8F0E840C1.jpeg.c6f668ad68fb1ca0202b4cf67849be18.jpeg

St. Pete beach at Miramar Beach Resort

FEFDE790-8F76-4541-8933-D56C862933E4.jpeg

Another nice ocean picture ATL guy. Thanks for sharing. The Gulf beaches are so chill to watch the sunset on. I used to go to Clearwater in the early 80' s. 

I think dune grass is heavenly.

I tuned into the Nole' s/ ND  game for the second half. I was thouroghly entertained.

Not dune grass this time though for Chuntsman.... Nope it's Nor Cal crush.

Got one? .....then spark it up son.

👍😁

• Like 1

P48, you and I will be teeing up together here in 30 something days. I am very much looking forward to it. A great time is guaranteed and thank you for checking out Asheville and visiting LP. 

Trust me BFCC is no home field advantage for me , Reems maybe just a touch. 😉

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

I missed golfing in Landrum, SC. I was overdue for a visit to Mike and the boys down at my happy place golf course. I just get such a special lift of energy playing Links O Tryon with my buddies down there. I needed a lift following my working six long shifts last week. So when the world went back to work after Labor Day weekend Lawrence went golfing down in Lindsayland. 

It was only going to be 81* degrees in South Carolina so I had to take advantage of the cooler temps. We played 5 golfers with 4 carts. We got in 27. My recap after a bit more wine.  I snagged a cool pic of Mr. Bird keeping watch. I had an absolute blast this afternoon. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Still up past midnight tipsy typing. Betcha that's going to cost me strokes in the morning. 😄

Send me some good vibes tomorrow please boys late morning eastern, I want to beat the members.  

Now if I had this one as my caddie it would be a lock. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Mostly pics since I hate to type on my phone. Lahinch, lots of heather, blind shots, not a lot of warm up and I go as a single. Back is sore, but off I go. I think to myself on 12, I haven’t lost a ball yet. I think after 12, I have only lost one ball.

The last photo is the green to a blind par 3. You aim at a rock on the knoll and hope.

43312F05-9311-49EA-817D-56883E511564.jpeg

AB3FD5CA-9B4B-4779-AD3A-A6BDFFB2607C.jpeg

A1031606-465B-4637-AA85-7DAADC30BAF1.jpeg

7FC7E7B3-3609-4BC7-91A3-0EECA1072B15.jpeg

62463B63-9357-4A3B-BECC-EDB587049F89.jpeg

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, touch said:

Still up past midnight tipsy typing. Betcha that's going to cost me strokes in the morning. 😄

Send me some good vibes tomorrow please boys late morning eastern, I want to beat the members and do so in pretty sound fashion. 

Now if I had this one as my caddie it would be a lock. 

Checkout Another Hot FIU Golfer Hannah Leiner Archives ⋆ Terez Owens

It's golf, it's easy to repeat.     LOL   I can only try.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Mostly pics since I hate to type on my phone. Lahinch, lots of heather, blind shots, not a lot of warm up and I go as a single. Back is sore, but off I go. I think to myself on 12, I haven’t lost a ball yet. I think after 12, I have only lost one ball.

The last photo is the green to a blind par 3. You aim at a rock on the knoll and hope.

Again such gorgeous golf beauty is being featured on this thread today.  Bonus I am up when P3P is teeing off and sharing these special sights from Ireland. 

Maybe over a year ago our mucho valued brother P3P asked a question, 

" Are we talking now some personal golf on this thread? " 

That planted seed took hold and grew large. Many of us now give frequent recaps and they are cherished by most of the regulars around here. You knew what would be good for us now didn't ya Pete?

AWESOME suggestion and  thank you for checking in from across the pond and sharing the fantastic pics from Ireland.

We miss ya but are glad to know you are riding a golf high while on Holiday !!!!!!!!

bravo Montana man 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

Something tells me suspect driver guy might have left the one wood back at the hotel.  😁

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

I missed something:  You are there now?  Awesome!  

I lived in Ireland for a few years and that's where I really learned how to play golf.   

Lahinch is one of my favorite courses!  I played it many times.  It's an almost perfect experience there.  

• Like 3