2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

nFVW4Z78SW20L.jpeg             " I believe I went 5-0 for the week," says the guy who just returned from the Emerald Isle. 

Nice work P3P, and they say the first four weeks are the toughest to pick. Keep it going. Maybe it is Steeler fan's year this year! 

• Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

"and with haircuts like Gruden and Davis, there isn't much other hope of meeting one of the vixens posted above."

Golden stuff,  I laughed hard P3P.  thanks !   Enjoyed the write up of your picks for week two. Fun story about the Pittsburgh mom. 

• Thanks 1

Week 2 Lines 

Matchup Time Spread Over/Under
Giants at Washington Thurs, 8:20 p.m. ET Washington -4.5 42.5
Patriots at Jets Sun, 1 p.m. ET Jets +3.5 43
Broncos at Jaguars Sun, 1 p.m. ET Jaguars +6 44
Bills at Dolphins Sun, 1 p.m. ET Dolphins +3.5 47.5
49ers at Eagles Sun, 1 p.m. ET Eagles +3 49
Rams at Colts Sun, 1 p.m. ET Colts +4 47
Raiders at Steelers Sun, 1 p.m. ET Steelers -6 49
Bengals at Bears Sun, 1 p.m. ET Bears -3 45.5
Texans at Browns Sun, 1 p.m. ET Browns -11.5 48
Saints at Panthers Sun, 1 p.m. ET Panthers +3 46
Vikings at Cardinals Sun, 4:05 p.m. ET Cardinals -4 51
Falcons at Buccaneers Sun 4:05 p.m. ET Buccaneers -12.5 52.5
Titans at Seahawks Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Seahawks -6 52.5
Cowboys at Chargers Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Chargers -2.5 52.5
Chiefs at Ravens Sun, 8:20 p.m. ET Ravens +2.5 55.5
Lions at Packers Mon, 8:15 p.m. ET Packers -10.5 49.5

Got caught up doing housework all morning so I will have to postpone my recap of golf yesterday down in SC at the Village Green golf course. Stay tuned and I will have a double recap this evening for those of you that enjoy hearing of my adventures on the  golf course. 

I have a 3 PM tee time and have to head to the range now to get in some prep. Today's game is going to be mighty special to me for Mike and a friend are driving up from Lindsay Land to join Stan and the LP for some Asheville golf. Oh and according to me it's about as good as it gets in the Asheville golf discussion as we are playing my favorite golf course the CC of Asheville. This will be Mike's first time on the course and I can't wait to see his reaction to the 100 year old Donald Ross gem. After the drubbing Mike put on me yesterday, it's payback time today from the blondie. Due to things always coming up I haven't played CCA in forever, I am thinking two months. So jazzed to tee it up at my favorite track.  

Cooler temps here today compared to yesterday for our golf, this should help my cause.  

Going in moderately confident.  😉

• Like 3

Ok just to put a friendly bow on last night's confusion. I tried something new by putting up next weeks lines in hoping the picks would roll in earlier and I wouldn't be playing statistician come Saturday and Saturday Night. I totally understand if you would like to change picks prior to kick, that's welcome as stuff happens. However please don't flip flop so much you look like Brett Favre trying to retire. Another reason I am going to putting lines up come Monday night is due to the fact I will be preoccupied for a little while I am transitioning into a new job. I want to fair to ya'll by providing the line early and often so that you may have ample amount of time to choose your teams and/or multipliers for that weeks action. I also want to be fair to myself and that call for me to hit the sack a lot earlier than before so I may be successful in my new role. So please if you do see the picks come in on Monday night, please do not throw your picks up just yet and at least give it until Tuesday before you do so. Lastly I know life happens weather it be family, professional, or I just want to escape related and this may hinder your ability to place picks on or after the Tuesday following the prior week. If this is the case please send me a DM saying I have something going on wont be able to place picks this week can I get them in Monday, or something along those lines. I will be more than happy to work with you bu accepting the picks and not posting them until the Tueaday following thus allowing you to do what you have to do and the rest of us stay organized and running smoothly. 

Apologies for length but felt like some clarity was needed. This is still relatively new for me so please know I have your best interest as well as mine in hand. I will be alot better will daily lines post as well as standings post. I want to make this just as enjoyable as last year, please bear with me and I know I can right this ship. Thank you again to each and every one of you for all the wonderful contributions past and present. 

Ok I'm done, after all I've got a damn title to defend. GAME ON!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Week 2 Lines 

Matchup Time Spread Over/Under
Giants at Washington Thurs, 8:20 p.m. ET Washington -4.5 42.5
Patriots at Jets Sun, 1 p.m. ET Jets +3.5 43
Broncos at Jaguars Sun, 1 p.m. ET Jaguars +6 44
Bills at Dolphins Sun, 1 p.m. ET Dolphins +3.5 47.5
49ers at Eagles Sun, 1 p.m. ET Eagles +3 49
Rams at Colts Sun, 1 p.m. ET Colts +4 47
Raiders at Steelers Sun, 1 p.m. ET Steelers -6 49
Bengals at Bears Sun, 1 p.m. ET Bears -3 45.5
Texans at Browns Sun, 1 p.m. ET Browns -11.5 48
Saints at Panthers Sun, 1 p.m. ET Panthers +3 46
Vikings at Cardinals Sun, 4:05 p.m. ET Cardinals -4 51
Falcons at Buccaneers Sun 4:05 p.m. ET Buccaneers -12.5 52.5
Titans at Seahawks Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Seahawks -6 52.5
Cowboys at Chargers Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Chargers -2.5 52.5
Chiefs at Ravens Sun, 8:20 p.m. ET Ravens +2.5 55.5
Lions at Packers Mon, 8:15 p.m. ET Packers -10.5 49.5

• Like 2

Well at least I didn't start 3-0 like last year and then managed to pretty much stink the joint up rest of season. Thanks Chucky.

3762b0cd1c2003efa3db74c16ec2b2de.jpg

Edited by Qqq123xx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Week 2 picks.

Patriots      -3.5                 I promise I won't be a total homer but this is to good to pass up. 

Seahawks    -6                  Unless they play in Florida. 

Lions/Packers      over 49.5           Prime time pick    (is this legal ??)

• Like 3

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

18 hours ago, touch said:

I think possibly G1 and others  overlooked devin' s picks. They came in the bottom of the 9th but were in on time.

Thanks 2.0. 

Tally him up G1.  He got a STINKIN' PUSH like you did with the Panthers.   LOL 

Add Devin please to the standings.

1-1-1 week one record.

3 hours ago, greenemachine said:

Week 1 Standings

P3P 5-0 

NCL 3-1

Q Man 2-1

P48 2-1

touch 1-3

Chuntsman 1-3

G1 0-2-1

doctoro 0-3

* plus Devin at  1-1-1 

2 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Week 2 picks.

Patriots      -3.5                 I promise I won't be a total homer but this is to good to pass up. 

Seahawks    -6                  Unless they play in Florida. 

Lions/Packers      over 49.5           Prime time pick    (is this legal ??)

Yea sir, you are legal there Q man. 

• Thanks 1

Norm Macdonald passed today from cancer at age 61. Doctoro and myself were fans of the comedian. Rest peacefully funny Canadian. 

Norm Macdonald, 'Saturday Night Live' Comedian, Dies at 61 - The New York  Times

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Dear Diary,   

Week one and I find myself in a dank place.................

Basement, Jeff Severson | Architecture, Scene, Old basement

• Like 3

7 hours ago, greenemachine said:

Ok just to put a friendly bow on last night's confusion. I tried something new by putting up next weeks lines in hoping the picks would roll in earlier and I wouldn't be playing statistician come Saturday and Saturday Night. I totally understand if you would like to change picks prior to kick, that's welcome as stuff happens. However please don't flip flop so much you look like Brett Favre trying to retire. Another reason I am going to putting lines up come Monday night is due to the fact I will be preoccupied for a little while I am transitioning into a new job. I want to fair to ya'll by providing the line early and often so that you may have ample amount of time to choose your teams and/or multipliers for that weeks action. I also want to be fair to myself and that call for me to hit the sack a lot earlier than before so I may be successful in my new role. So please if you do see the picks come in on Monday night, please do not throw your picks up just yet and at least give it until Tuesday before you do so. Lastly I know life happens weather it be family, professional, or I just want to escape related and this may hinder your ability to place picks on or after the Tuesday following the prior week. If this is the case please send me a DM saying I have something going on wont be able to place picks this week can I get them in Monday, or something along those lines. I will be more than happy to work with you bu accepting the picks and not posting them until the Tueaday following thus allowing you to do what you have to do and the rest of us stay organized and running smoothly. 

Apologies for length but felt like some clarity was needed. This is still relatively new for me so please know I have your best interest as well as mine in hand. I will be alot better will daily lines post as well as standings post. I want to make this just as enjoyable as last year, please bear with me and I know I can right this ship. Thank you again to each and every one of you for all the wonderful contributions past and present. 

Ok I'm done, after all I've got a damn title to defend. GAME ON!

Yes stay on course with your new position G1.  Lean on me often as I am glad to fill in some stats for ya. 

the old one 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, touch said:

Dear Diary,   

Week one and I find myself in a dank place.................

Basement, Jeff Severson | Architecture, Scene, Old basement

Looks like you cleaned it up a bit. Cheeeeriooooo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

91* and sticky

5909 yards 

Village Greens is only 9 miles further down the road from Links O' Tryon yet is so much more of a rolling hills golf course with some substantial elevation changes compared to the relatively flat Tryon. It was built in 1969 and has been a semi-private golf course since year one. Mike was a member there for 15 years. He lives less than a half mile from the course.

No.1 and I hit the range waiting for our host to arrive. Tee time was 1 PM. After 20 balls a piece Stan and I experienced just how hot and humid this round was going to be so we went inside to check out the clubhouse. The bar had an unusual name. We had a quick draft and chatted with the tatoo'd tank top wearing lesbian bartender. Wait what? I thought I was a good hour plus south of Asheville.  😄  In Lindsay Land you must be so accepted young lady I thought.   lol   I took these two photo's from inside the clubhouse bar, the bar named Law Dogs. I found the stuffed German Sheppard by the Bag Boy hysterical. The walls of the bar were adorned with Police uniform patches from departments all across the country. I tried to read about 500 of them.  There was also a nice made out of natural stone dinning area outside of the restaurant overlooking the 18th green. The place had some charm. I came to learn a good many SC State Troopers current and retired are members of the club, thus the Law Dogs name.  So after our visit with the tatoo'd man hater, (she was pleasant and welcoming as I was just stereotyping 😉  but it still seemed to me that she worked in a place rather ill suited for her character) Stan and I headed over to the putting green back out in the SC baking oven temps. We found very nice Champion Bermuda greens running at about 11.5   LP prefers bemuda greens so I picked up the pace fairly quickly with the Crenshaw 20 and 40 drill.

The first tee had a groomed hedge boarder. I like tee boxes surrounded by manicured hedges a bunch. I was  quite impressed with the track by the end of my round. It did have very tiny greens though with at times serious slopes. Actually it had the smallest greens of all the courses I play regularly. Better have a decent iron game here folks. I got through the first 5 holes one over. I made two other bogeys on the front and made the turn with a 3 over 39. On the back it got really hot out there. I kept the fluid's intake constant. I nailed a short iron to 4 feet on 14 and made my only birdie on the day. I hit a few minor snags on the back that resulted in a couple of more bogey's, but for my first time on the course I shot a 78. I was pleased. 

Once again I had not one double b and steered clear of any penalty strokes. My driver was consistent all round long fortunately as that always brings confidence into play for me. My only complaint about the place would be that the 18th hole is awful, it is so Mickey Mouse. It is a zig zag up hill par 5 with tight tree corners and creeks and ponds everywhere. This hole calls for short shots to start if you can't drive it 290 yards. Bad design. It would be possibly ok put in the middle one's round, but for the final hole?.........BOOoooo.   I felt happy I made a bogey 6 the first time I played it. The next time I play it I will go with something less than a hybrid off the tee, then a gap wedge to the corner by the pond around the mini forest, and then fire a 4 hybrid up the hill to the two tiered green with major slope front to back. Bad hole for sure, but that was the only flaw I found at Village Greens. As I posted earlier I learned having beers with the head pro and the fellas afterwards that Mike had won the club championship there numerous times years ago. No wonder as he shot an even par 72 even when he missed a mess of fairways. 

the host         72

LP                   78

Carl                 79

Hockey guy    81

We went over to Mike's home after leaving the course and met his wife, saw his home, and played with his pets. 3 dogs and 2 cats. One super affectionate Doberman and two very fun cats. I don't really care for cats as I am a solid dog person, but when the feline's are extremely friendly and cute acting as these two were, I can dig it. It was out there in Mike's backyard that we set up CCA for the next afternoon. I had an excellent first time at Village Greens, but I ask.........how the hell did I stay out of doors in 90* temps for six hours? 

Everyone behave as there is a Police Dog keeping order around here!   😆

I had a great time and enjoyed the golf course so we will be back down next Monday. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

My CCA recap from today will have to wait until tomorrow evening. 

Week 1 Standings

P3P 5-0 

NCL 3-1

Q Man 2-1

P48 2-1

Devin 1-1-1