2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

With exactly one week until Game 1 of the 2021 NFL Season and with a new participant now in the fold. Here is a summery of how this competition will work, multiplayers included. 

Every Tuesday I will be posting the Vegas lines for each and every NFL game this season. The player must pick 3 from either the over/under or the totals given. This could be from the same game or across the board in different games from the NFL landscape. I will be keeping record of every player games and showcasing them every Tuesday each week of the NFL season. For each correct pick the player chooses it will count as a "W". The same goes for each incorrect pick the players chooses with it counting as a "L". Ties, meaning the player chose a game without a hook (generally seen as a .5 a half point), and the game hits exactly what Vegas predicted. Ties can happen on both sides, coming with totals and over/under. The record will kept as such W-L-T. This year is unique. We will be playing/picking through the playoffs and the Super Bowl so buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride to the finish. As commish 2.0 I have introduced 1 season long and 5 new "multiplier picks" such as the Divisional Picks, Giving the Dog a Bone, Pair 'em and Square 'em, Prime Time Picks and lastly The Dart Board

Starting off with the Divisional Picks, these picks will be offered up before the start of the season and must be chosen before season's start. Choosing from 4 divisions: the AFC NORTH, AFC EAST, NFC SOUTH and NFC WEST the player will pick ONLY ONE TEAM from ONLY ONE DIVISION in which they think will eventually win their respective division by year's end. If correct this pick will award the player 10 "wins" at the conclusion of this year's regular season. 

Giving the Dog a Bone: Can only be used 1 time during the Regular Season after Week 7. The giving the Dog a Bone pick will have the player pick a team with a losing record and is playing against a team with a winning record for a chance to net or lose an additional 3 points. Spread a non factor for these picks. As long as the team you pick for that week has a LOSING record AND is playing a team with a WINNING record the Lose to Win pick will be active upon the player's choosing. How it works. If I choose the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 15 with a record of 5-10 facing the Green Bay Packers with a record of 10-5 and signify I would like the Losing to Win Pick to be active with a LTW next to my pick, the +/- 3 games with be active. If the Raiders end up winning I am then granted an additional 3 "wins" to my overall total. If the Raiders end up losing then I am given 3 additional "loses" to my overall total. 

What my picks should look like with the Losing to Win pick included. 

Ari +5 

Den -8

LV - DOG

I give you the Pair 'em and Square 'em Picks.  Can only be used 3X's during the regular season 

How these picks work. First off they will be similar to how the normal or regular picks work with the player choosing either a total or a spread for their 3 games. Of those 3 games chosen the player will decide and designate 2 of the 3 picks to be part of the Pair 'em and Square 'em. The 2 picks will be worth double "wins' double "loses" and/or nothing at all. The players wins the doubled wins by correctly selecting both teams and having the picks hit. For example if I select Washington over Chargers and Tampa Bay over Cowgirls, with both hitting I then would be granted 4 "wins" instead of the standard 2 wins. This would also be the same if the picks did not hit and I would be granted 4 "loses" instead of wins. Example: I picked the Chargers over Washington and the Cowgirls (which I would almost never do) over the Buccaneers. And lastly  the third option is basically a tie where the player is awarded nothing at all. This happens when one of the player's picks hits but the other does not hit. Example: if I choose the Bears over the Lions and then Falcons over the Panthers and only the Bears pick hits and the Falcons picks does not I am then granted nothing. With each pick off setting each other nothing is gained and nothing is lost. All in all you have to hope the third pick hits if the Pair 'em and Square 'em picks ended in a draw for the player to actually gain or lose anything on the week. Mind you too the Square 'em and Pair em picks also apply to totals and not just the spread. The same rules apply naturally to the totals picks as well. When using this multiplier in the picks please list them in  Bold Italics so I know to count the multiplier correctly. Picks should look like the following: 

Tennessee Titans over the Houston Texans

Kansas City Chiefs over the Denver Broncos 

Green Bay Packers over the Detroit Lions 

The Prime Time Picks. Can be used each week throughout the regular season if chosen, no limit. This gives you, the player, an opportunity to have a bonus "win" in correctly choosing one of the winning teams playing in any of the Prime Time games. (Thursday Night,Sunday Night or Monday Night) The bonus win will only happen when the player chooses who wins or loses the game based on the Vegas odds for that game. The total score Over/Under will not be considered when trying to play the Prime Time Picks bet and adding an additional "win" to the players record. Example: The Carolina Panthers play the New York Jets on Sunday Night. with a Vegas line of Carolina - 8. I choose Carolina -8 and therefore if Carolina wins by 9 or more I would win the "bonus" win giving me 2 wins instead of just 1. I however couldn't choose the Over/Under for the Carolina New York game to be awarded a bonus "win". There will be no cap in this, so if you're feeling saucy one week you could go with all Prime Time Picks (giving the player a max of 6 wins/loses for the week instead of 3 wins/loses) as well the player could do the same the following week if chosen. To help out commish 2.0 the only thing that I ask is when selecting a Prime Time  Pick put it in BOLD so it sticks out for me when tabulating final scores at the end of each week.  

To put a bow on this, lastly we have The Dart Board. Can only be used one time during the regular season. This solely involves totals where the player will pick 3 totals of 3 games. They will then take the cumulative totals for the combined 3 games and bet either the cumulative Over/Under of the 3 games. If the player's Over/Under of the games bet against fall within a plus "over" or a minus "under" 10 points the player is awarded 5 "wins". If the players is plus or minus 5 points the players is awarded 8 "wins". If the players is dead on with their number a "bullseye" with the plus or minus then they are awarded 10 "wins" on the season. The risk being is if the player is outside the "outer ring" of the +/- 10 point "missing the dart board" then the player is granted 8 "loses".  For Example if I take the totals in the New Orleans and Jacksonville game +/-35.5, the New England and Miami game, +/-33, the Pittsburgh and Baltimore game +/- 35 that would be a cumulative total of 103.5. Let's say, in order, the games  finished 33,38,35. This would be a cumulative total of 106 I would be within in 5 points of the 103.5 total and awarded 8 "wins". To help out commish with the scoring and organization when choosing the dart board pick simply list your games with their respective totals next to them followed by the cumulative total of all 3 games at the bottom. It should look something like this:

New Orleans Jacksonville 35.5 

New England Miami 33

Pittsburgh Baltimore 35

Total 103.5

I will automictically know that you are using your dart board play and thus score it as such. 

Disclaimer: Players are not permitted to play more than ONE "multiplier" pick at a time. No combining, stacking or doubling of any kind. Also if the multiplier pick is not labeled before kickoff then that multiplier pick will not be counted and instead will be counted as a normal pick. I will actively keep a record of what "multiplier picks have/have not been used, so if there is any question which one has/ hasn't been played yet please feel free to ask I will gladly let you know which ones you still have available to you to play. 

I hope this has covered everything especially about the new stuff being introduced. The hope is the multiplier picks will provide some excitement especially when heading into playoff season as ya'll will have some newly found "aces" up your sleeve. If there are any questions big or small about anything above or not please let me know I will be sure to find you an answer even if I don't know it immediately. That's it from commish 2.0 tonight, I will however be posting the Vegas lines in the coming days as they start to form and take place, so be sure to be on the lookout for them in the coming days, but until then good knight and be sure to tip your waitstaff.  

-Commish 2.0 "Melon"

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Divisional Pick So Far...

P48 - Buffalo Bills in the AFC East

image.png.11118d0b72ee88654db41a2d0bba0261.png

Q Man - New England Patriots in the AFC East  

image.png.0d380fb17e96939455455e20531cf18d.png

P3P - Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC North 

38 Ben Roethlisberger memes ideas | ben roethlisberger, memes, steelers

touch- New Orleans Saints in the NFC South 

New Orleans Saints Quotes. QuotesGram

Chuntsman- Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFC South 

Tampa Bay Gronkaneers svg, Buccaneers svg, New England Patriots svg, T –  Svg Fabulous

G1- Los Angeles Rams in the NFC West 

ST LOUIS RAMS LA RAMS MEMES Different City Same Results | Football Meme on  ME.ME

NCLancer- Baltimore Ravens in the AFC North 

I Hate the Baltimore Ravens - Home | Facebook

Doctoro- San Francisco 49ers in the NFC West 

It's the Santa Clara 4 & 9ers - 49ers | Meme Generator

Devin-  ?????

Edited by greenemachine

Mellon I traded the Rams to you for the Saints.   Adjust above please. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Week 1 Lines

Matchup Time Spread Over/Under
Cowboys at Buccaneers Thurs, 8:20 p.m. ET Buccaneers -7.5 50.5
Steelers at Bills Sun, 1 p.m. ET Bills -6.5 48.5
Jets at Panthers Sun, 1 p.m. ET Panthers -5 44
Jaguars at Texans Sun, 1 p.m. ET Texans +3 45
Cardinals at Titans Sun, 1 p.m. ET Titans -3 52
Chargers at Washington Sun, 1 p.m. ET Washington +1 44.5
Eagles at Falcons Sun, 1 p.m. ET Falcons -3.5 48
Seahawks at Colts Sun, 1 p.m. ET Colts +2.5 48.5
Vikings at Bengals Sun, 1 p.m. ET Bengals +3.5 48
49ers at Lions Sun, 1 p.m. ET Lions +7.5 45.5
Browns at Chiefs Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Chiefs -6 53
Dolphins at Patriots Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Patriots -3 44
Broncos at Giants Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Giants +2.5 42.5
Packers at Saints Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Saints +3 50
Bears at Rams Sun, 8:20 p.m. ET Rams -7 45
Ravens at Raiders Mon, 8:15 p.m. ET Raiders +4 51

Edited by greenemachine
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Week 1   

the jester's picks 

Tampa - 7 1/2         prime time play 

New Orleans+ 3    

L.A. Rams -7           prime time play

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 12:18 PM, greenemachine said:

P3P I meant to ask you picked the Cowgirls and Raiders who play in Prime Time did you want the multiplier to apply here?

If I missed you before you left I apologize.

I  believe P3P would want you to prime time play those two picks. If I may answer for him in his absence G1, I say book his picks with the 2X play--- the Dallas and Las Vegas games.

I'll take the blame if he returns and was not thrilled with me answering for him.

ROLL them dice out of gate with me week one Pete! 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Week 1 Lines

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 9:57 AM, greenemachine said:

Absolutely!

Always have room for one more. Welcome to our little band of misfits 

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Just who are you calling misfits? This thread is run by a fine group of distinguished gentlemen. 💥🙂

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Wishing our brother P3P a wonderful time playing links golf and having pints and telling stories in the pubs over in Cloverland.

Hot Football Fans on Twitter: "Ireland <3 http://t.co/n7ldUE1ZCb"

• Like 2

I shot 82 yesterday after work with the boys. I liked the irons so they will stay in the bag for my two rounds next week. The test drive continues.

Pleased to report that the hot and humid weather has finally left the AVL and now we will have a string of fine weather days just like the last two. No afternoon storms, much lower humidity, mostly sunny skies, and highs around 79*-80* with a breeze. Low temps at night this weekend here are in the mid 50's. How about the other part of the state NCL? I hope all of you have a most enjoyable holiday weekend. You know I'll be slaving at the Castle.

P3P and Touch have already submitted their picks. 🕺🏈

We will have 9 participants this new season.

A big thank you and props goes out to our defending champion and new commissioner Greenemachine. Glad you wanted to grab the controls mate. Keep her steady for us Mellon. It is less than a week now until the first game. How psyched are we? 

Good evening from the WNC mountains.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"When using this multiplier in the picks please list them in  Bold Italics so I know to count the multiplier correctly. Picks should look like the following: " 

Tennessee Titans over the Houston Texans

Kansas City Chiefs over the Denver Broncos

Ya just ain't getting no stinking bold italics from me jack.  😂 !!

I shall type my picks and plays each week and it will be quite clear as to what is going on.

Will there be a quiz on the material contained in your 3 pages of special picks explanations post above? 

Good luck defending this season G1.

• Haha 1

The best news of the day that I want to share involves your two commish's.

Because he is a total newb he has been reluctant to share here (due to the fact that many of us have been in the game for years) his early enjoyment of late participating in great game of golf. Asheville's own greenemachine has played some rounds with the buddies lately here in town and also has been downing beers and having a blast at Top Golf down in Greenville, Lindsayland.

I saw that he was swinging some family hand me down clubs that were so ill suited to his manly presence😁 and asked him if I might suggest a more proper first set of irons.

I took his wrist to floor measurements and got busy on eBay. I found a nice set of 4-Gap Ping G series w/ stock stiff steel from a few years back. Heck even the colors Ping used that year are pretty close to the colors of his favorite college team the S.C. Gamecocks........garnet and black. Spurs up commish for my find! This afternoon G1 pulled the trigger on that set of Pings and they will be in his hands later next week. I fitted our new commish G1 into his first set of quality irons this week boys.  Properly fitted clubs make a world of difference. 

I promise to give my friend lessons to start him out correctly in his golf journey.

Congrats A. G.  !      and welcome my friend to a new addiction.

Mellon has been bitten by the golf bug gents. Wahoo! Great news no? G1 will have LP and Hutch guiding him in the beginning . He is in qualified hands. 

Remember to grow the game.

LP 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday at 7:15 PM. Late summer golf. Glorious.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Alrighty then moi's picks have arrived.

Patriots          -3

Saints            +3

Ravens          -4

Remember any free grazing fish you see, squish em. 

Lets go Touch !!!

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Well well well… the law of the west is BACK! 
pretty sure I did this the first year Touch started it and probably finished dead last which I probably will again this year. 

Can I pick my beloved Cowboys to win the division? If so that’s my pick! We are partying like it’s 1995 baby!!!

Week 1 picks will be in at a later date. Probably tomorrow when I’m at work and have nothing else to do!

Good luck everyone! Especially me!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, devinh821 said:

Well well well… the law of the west is BACK! 
pretty sure I did this the first year Touch started it and probably finished dead last which I probably will again this year. 

Can I pick my beloved Cowboys to win the division? If so that’s my pick! We are partying like it’s 1995 baby!!!

Week 1 picks will be in at a later date. Probably tomorrow when I’m at work and have nothing else to do!

Good luck everyone! Especially me!

First welcome back.

DVN ,

greenemachine (our new leader) has selected only 4 specific divisions to pick from and the NFC East in not in there. 

Here are his directions from an above post. So unfortunately you can't select Dallas. Pick again please.

Starting off with the Divisional Picks, these picks will be offered up before the start of the season and must be chosen before season's start. Choosing from 4 divisions: the AFC NORTH, AFC EAST, NFC SOUTH and NFC WEST the player will pick ONLY ONE TEAM from ONLY ONE DIVISION in which they think will eventually win their respective division by year's end. If correct this pick will award the player 10 "wins" at the conclusion of this year's regular season. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Sunday Funnies  

How to Get out of Having the Birds and the Bees Talk With Your Kid -  Philadelphia Magazine

When Should Parents Have 'The Talk' With Their Kids? | I Can't Be Famous

Facts-of-life Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

USB port By toons | Media & Culture Cartoon | TOONPOOL

Theo Moudakis on Twitter: ""Sex-Ed" Wednesday's @TorontoStar Cartoon  #onpoli http://t.co/rKyMeyaKdN"

• Haha 2

Everyone see this great video?

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Week 1 Lines

Please guys do not drag it out until the last minute to put your weekly picks up like many did last year. That is kind of disrespectful to whomever is commish as commissioner's like to get the picks tallied up and posted a few days in advance of game day.

Don't be that guy.

thanks

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 1

Meant to tell you G1 that I approve of the profile pic change.

Reppin' your fav NHL team.   Go Windy City Hawks. 

Nice 😉

TONY! 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Rejoice brothers and sisters as it is finally Week One of a new NFL season. Toast 'em up!

Cheers from the basement office with no window  😄

Female Fans of the NFL - Sports Illustrated

Edited by touch
  • Like 1