Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

Packers at home after an embarrassing loss the week before. The game is MNF from Lambeau, and who took them tonight with a Prime Time Double points play?

If G1 has already done the standings then the answer would be NONE of us.   

What we were afraid of, the Detroit Lions would make it competitive for 4 quarters in Cheese Land in Prime Time?

Awwww C' mon man.  Green Bay scored plenty in the second half to win by mucho. 

Covered the 10 easily.   

Bunch of idiots we are.  😂 This one was right under our nose's gents.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

5 hours ago, touch said:

Packers at home after an embarrassing loss the week before. The game is MNF from Lambeau, and who took them tonight with a Prime Time Double points play?

If G1 has already done the standings then the answer would be NONE of us.   

What we were afraid of, the Detroit Lions would make it competitive for 4 quarters in Cheese Land in Prime Time?

Awwww C' mon man.  Green Bay scored plenty in the second half to win by mucho. 

Covered the 10 easily.   

Bunch of idiots we are.  😂 This one was right under our nose's gents.

That old rascal Platts had the cheese boys by the bay with the Prime time multiplier. He wasn't the only one as the wily Q man also took the over and that was done by the 3rd quarter, also with a Prime time multiplier added. 

Why Didnt I Think Of That Cillian Murphy GIF

• Thanks 2

Week 2's winner and bounce back player...

Mr. Ohio himself

File:Animated-Flag-Ohio.gif - Wikimedia Commons

Chuntsman

A late change from his loved brownies to the Super Bowl champs, not only allowed this weeks winner to claim the Week 2 throne, but also jump back to .500 and back in the standings mix. Nicely done on the big week and all the best on your speedy recovery. 

You Did It Congratulations GIF - You Did It Congratulations Will Ferrell -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Week 3 Lines 

Panthers at Texans Thurs, 8:20 p.m. ET Texans +7.5 43.5
Colts at Titans Sun, 1 p.m. ET Titans -5 50
Falcons at Giants Sun, 1 p.m. ET Giants -3.5 48.5
Chargers at Chiefs Sun, 1 p.m. ET OTB OTB
Bengals at Steelers Sun, 1 p.m. ET Steelers -4.5 45
Bears at Browns Sun, 1 p.m. ET Browns -7.5 47
Ravens at Lions Sun, 1 p.m. ET OTB OTB
Saints at Patriots Sun, 1 p.m. ET Patriots -3 42.5
Cardinals at Jaguars Sun, 1 p.m. ET Jaguars +7.5 52
Washington at Bills Sun, 1 p.m. ET Bills -8.5 46.5
Jets at Broncos Sun, 4:05 p.m. ET Broncos -11 41.5
Dolphins at Raiders Sun, 4:05 p.m. ET Raiders -5 45.5
Seahawks at Vikings Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Vikings +1 55
Buccaneers at Rams Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Rams -1 54.5
Packers at 49ers Sun, 8:20 p.m. ET 49ers -4 48.5
Eagles at Cowboys Mon, 8:15 p.m. ET Cowboys -4

• Like 1

Don't Forget about these:

Pair 'em and Square 'em Picks.  Can only be used 3X's during the regular season 

Dart BoardCan only be used one time during the regular season.

Giving the Dog a BoneCan only be used 1 time during the Regular Season after Week 7.

(See top of page 12 for a refresher)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

I fat fingers it bad this am. I will definatly have a post for your amazing week this afternoon. Apologies for the discrepancy and congrats on 2 solid weeks. 

I don't need any fancy publicity...I'd rather just fly low and quietly put up great numbers weekly.  It's one game at a time and at the end of the season we add 'em up.  Good Lord willing and I'm just happy to be here and I feel like I'm hitting my stride and with my mental toughness I feel like I'm doing all the little things needed to win.  I'm on a roll but I think I can go the distance.

• Haha 3

Steve Sax is possibly injured which could prove a boost to the sad state of the Colts affairs.  Since Sax has anyone seen anyone miss so many people on the checkdowns into the flat?  I didn't think so.  Get those boys out of the oil can and I just see the statue of liberty coming up with enough to cover the 5 points.  Ryan Tannehill, I don't know what it is about that guy, but he just looks like a statue, and not in a good way.  It looks like if you threw a dodgeball at him he just has no lateral movement, but against the Colts?  Who cares.  The Colts stink.  Derrick Henry goes for big yards and the Colts lose by more than 5.  Houston Oilers to cover.

Who cares more about this game.  The 44 fans of the Rams or those who would buy TB12 feces off the internet?  I have been to Tampa and I have also been to LA.  Here is my comparison.  Back in the day I played Saddlebrook, it was a nice course.  I saw my first alligator on a golf course, and had an armadillo come up to the hot tub I was sitting in one night.  I had never seen those two creatures.  I have been to LA and stayed in the West Hollywood area, and I can say with certainty the wildlife there is a bit better.  I didn't go into the Rainbow to meet Lemmy (RIP) or Micky Dolenz, but in the evening it is a bustling place. With these two gunslingers throwing the ball all over the yard, I am picking the OVER on this game.

Well, the Steelers did their best impression of the Bengals last week.  We can blame injuries, or we can put the blame where it belongs, stupidity.  I cannot for the life of me understand the amount of money thrown at TJ Watt.  He is a great player, he can be a game changer, but he got QB money and at his best he will make 2 big plays a game (sack/turnovers), whereas a QB has the ball in his hands 65 times a game and is responsible for keeping it (or losing it).  It just doesn't make sense to me.  I see this is as the last chance for the Steelers to even be competitive.  BB is going to get hurt mid-way through the season and hang it up.  The team won't have money to replace him or the O-line which is more like a screen door rather than a cohesive unit because of this huge contract they signed for a guy who has 65 high speed collisions a week.  Not surprisingly, he is hurt, and will probably continue to get hurt.  Anyway, enough about this idiocy.  Let's talk turkey.  The Bengals come to PGH this weekend, and even with 1/2 the D out with injury, the Steelers just seem to beat the Bengals.  If you need proof, google Vontaze Burfict.  I don't like this pick, but since neither team can score I don't like the over, but the under is a smidge low for me.  I am taking the Steelers to cover the 4.5.

This last pick made me think of Black Flag.  So really, who does have the 10.5?

• Like 4

That was enjoyable last night rooting for both teams. And both teams came thru. 

Pack/Lions   over 49.5          2W

Pats covered                          1W

Seahawks uncovered            1L

3-1 for the week and 5-2 overall 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

6 hours ago, greenemachine said:

That old rascal Platts had the cheese boys by the bay with the Prime time multiplier. He wasn't the only one as the wily Q man also took the over and that was done by the 3rd quarter, also with a Prime time multiplier added. 

Why Didnt I Think Of That Cillian Murphy GIF

I see now that two did take the Packers. I must adjust to the fact that you kind of do the stats different compared to the way I did them. I pretty much waited until all the games were completed to post the player's weekly records rather than updating them as they came in l(ike this post of yours which had me confused). I thought that this post from late afternoon Sunday was a tally for the weekend, thus the Monday Night game that was just coming on and I figured all the picks were in. My bad as I was thinking the picks were all in. 

Carry on G1 the way you want to do it. And NCL and Q man did indeed see the obvious.  

Through Sunday 

Penthouse Club

Chuntsman 3-1 & P48 2-1

Middle of the Road Club  NCL(1-1), Q(1-1),

G1(2-2) 

Basement Dwellers touch(0-2-1), doc(1-2), P3P(0-2-1)

• Like 1

Here ye Here ye

The King's Trumpet on Twitter: "Video: Bible In A Minute. BoOmZ.  http://tumblr.com/xoklp0yd2"

Come one, Come all  

Let me tell you a tale of two winners,

in the fall.

One from the Empire State,

who took 95 South

and learned to put biscuits on his plate. 

The other from the Bermuda Triangle

looking like Lamar on Sunday Night, 

taking defenders ankles

in a heavyweight fight.

Where one takes the name of a line

the other resides in the same state as mine.

Both see a hot streak

as an opportunity to climb 

Will one be victorious?

While the other left on the pine?

With so many multipliers still to be booked

the front runners look to run a muck ?

Become like our audience and get hooked?

Or in the basement almost certainly %*#ked.

Time will certainly tell 

A snapshot of cards, players were dealt 

Some rose, some fell

But for now, I still wear the championship belt!

Congratulations goes out to both the Q man and NCL. 

Streak GIF 

Edited by greenemachine

15 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

Kirk Cousins GIFs | Tenor

The boy from Georgia is always in it to win it fellas !   It's an appearance by Captain KirK on the thread!

# 8 had a solid game against the Redbirds.   Congrats to ya bass fisherman guy in winning the week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This idea came to me this evening. Let's do something additional this week involving the Ryder Cup. Let's see if any of us can earn a few points predicting the standouts from the competition.. Picks in by Thursday Midnight Eastern. 

I will be mini commishing for this side contest. All questions are to be directed to me please and not 2.0.   If you win any points I will forward that amount to greenemachine on Monday and they will be added to your NFL Picks total. You can not lose points playing this side game for the Ryder Cup. It's painless. 😄

FUN!  

Let me type it up now with clear instructions on how this will work.

What: 2021 Ryder Cup
Where: Whistling Straits, Sheboygan, Wisc.
When: Friday-Sunday, September 24-26
Reigning champion: Team Europe (2018)

Ryder Cup set to be postponed until 2021 - Golf News | Golf Magazine

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

There are 24 players representing the two teams this weekend. You may select any 3 players from the field. The object of this is to predict who will achieve the most points over the tournament. This has nothing to do with which side will win nor does it have any importance of how the player does for either his USA team or his Euro team. 

Say JT is part of winning 5 points for the week his score is 5. Say if Sergio garnered 3 points for the Euro's at the end of the week his score is 3.    

How you win bonus points is by predicting the stars of the show this week in Wisconsin. I know it is kind of a crap shoot as the Captains decide who plays when all week long and one might pick a player (of his three) that didn't get nearly as many starts.  All three of your players are active to achieve points. 

Points are awarded for 

A player that had the most points earned in the Ryder Cup        4

A player that finished in the top 3 in points for the week             2

A player that finished in the top 5 in points for the week               1

You have a three man team and if lucky could earn a maximum of 8 points ( if you picked the top points guy AND your other two finished second and third) but that is a million to one shot. I am guessing a few of us might snag 3 extra points if we had two hot players.  

Please shoot with any questions you might have.

I'm back! 

part time on the side Ryder Cup commish. 😁  

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Your team can be comprised of any three players competing. 

U.S. TEAM

Steve Stricker Captain
Fred Couples Vice-Captain
Jim Furyk Vice-Captain
Zach Johnson Vice-Captain
Davis Love III Vice-Captain
Phil Mickelson Vice-Captain
Collin Morikawa Qualifier
Dustin Johnson Qualifier
Bryson DeChambeau Qualifier
Brooks Koepka Qualifier
Justin Thomas Qualifier
Patrick Cantlay Qualifier
Tony Finau Captain's pick
Xander Schauffele Captain's pick
Jordan Spieth Captain's pick
Harris English Captain's pick
Daniel Berger Captain's pick
Scottie Scheffler Captain's pick

EUROPEAN TEAM

Padraig Harrington Captain
Luke Donald Vice-Captain
Robert Karlsson Vice-Captain
Martin Kaymer Vice-Captain
Graeme McDowell Vice-Captain
Henrik Stenson Vice-Captain
Rory McIlroy Qualifier
Jon Rahm Qualifier
Paul Casey Qualifier
Matt Fitzpatrick Qualifier
Tyrrell Hatton Qualifier
Tommy Fleetwood Qualifier
Viktor Hovland Qualifier
Lee Westwood Qualifier
Bernd Wiesberger Qualifier
Sergio Garcia Captain's pick
Ian Poulter Captain's pick
Shane Lowry Captain's pick
  • Like 1

My Ryder Cup (team) Picks

Berger

Rahm

J.T. 

Quick shoutout to the top of the leaderboard: P3P, NCL, Q man and P48 for not only firing on all cylinders and coming out of the gate hot but for also keeping me honest with the math and the record that precede it. I swear, on paper I had it all figured out accurately but for whatever reason that accuracy has not yet translated to the computer screen. Once more thank you and congratulations. 

Sesame Street Math GIF 

P.S. Hopefully a prior post of mine will make it through congratulating Q and NCL on their solid week, but for now it's in jail 😢

• Like 4

How to have an afternoon filled with good times on a golf course.

Village Greens   Gamling, SC 

Grey and 70* to start with light rain moving in on the back 9.

Carl, Stan, LP, and the famous Spartanburg golfer Mike took to the first tee at noon. I suggested we move back about 350 yards to a new combo set of tees for my second round. I wanted to see how it played from about 6080 rather than the first time at 5809. I wanted more DRIVERS! 💥

Good warm up on the range and got the speed down on the practice green straight away. They are fast down there. Not BFCC or CCA fast but quicker than all the other courses in my rotation for sure. Bermuda! my favorite surface. Bogeyed the first hole a par 5 . ugh. Then bogey'd two of the next three. 3 over thru four. I dropped a 20 footer for birdie number one on the next par 5 we faced #5 so broke even on the five's. 2 bogeys and 2 pars to complete my front nine. Made the turn with a 40. At the turn Mike says to me that these are the trickiest greens to read in the county. I said really, and you forgot to tell me that last week during my first round. (like it would have made a bit of difference as I am a poor reader of greens and that extra concentration would have added zilch to the cause)

On ten tee the drizzle started. Fortunately it was very light and off and on. I put on a 3/4 waterproof FJ and on occasion the Old MacGregor nylon bucket and all was good. Didn't matter, LOL I doubled the par 3 11th with my first sand shot that went across the green and into another trap. This course had sand like I played for 15 years in the desert southwest. Where is a low bounce Cleveland when you need one? I added to that double four other bogey's on the back. I shot 82. Mike's 4 over 76 was the best score.

Since we were the only group on the golf course Mike as he often does suggested extra innings. I said hell it's not 91* this week so let's keep playing. We played on and got in another round. My putter got hot during the second 18. I made 3 birdies, one from 44 feet.  

On the day I pulled two drives over the top that cost me and I made doubles but outside of those I was a very consistent fairway finder. I did 3 jack twice that afternoon but made 4 birdie roll ins to offset those. My fairway woods and hybrids on were spot on. And the (unusual for me) 4 greens I missed with a short iron in my hand from inside 130 were where I had my best long range pitches in tight for par saves. The areas around the greens are mowed tight and the grasses are consistently uniform. We touch players relish those conditions. 💥

I shot a 77 on the second 18. We were quite fortunate that we had just light showers here and there. Contributing to my splendid six hours of golf was some Milwaukee suds and NorCal vape juice. That is how you have a blast on a golf course for six hours gents.  I knew I was going to get rained out today so I was easily convinced to play the double header yesterday.  

Mike        76   75 

Stan        86   78

Carl         81    80

LP            82   77 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Week 3 Lines 

Panthers at Texans Thurs, 8:20 p.m. ET Texans +7.5 43.5
Colts at Titans Sun, 1 p.m. ET Titans -5 50
Falcons at Giants Sun, 1 p.m. ET Giants -3.5 48.5
Chargers at Chiefs Sun, 1 p.m. ET OTB OTB
Bengals at Steelers Sun, 1 p.m. ET Steelers -4.5 45
Bears at Browns Sun, 1 p.m. ET Browns -7.5 47
Ravens at Lions Sun, 1 p.m. ET OTB OTB
Saints at Patriots Sun, 1 p.m. ET Patriots -3 42.5
Cardinals at Jaguars Sun, 1 p.m. ET Jaguars +7.5 52
Washington at Bills Sun, 1 p.m. ET Bills -8.5 46.5
Jets at Broncos Sun, 4:05 p.m. ET Broncos -11 41.5
Dolphins at Raiders Sun, 4:05 p.m. ET Raiders -5 45.5
Seahawks at Vikings Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Vikings +1 55
Buccaneers at Rams Sun, 4:25 p.m. ET Rams -1 54.5
Packers at 49ers Sun, 8:20 p.m. ET 49ers -4 48.5
Eagles at Cowboys Mon, 8:15 p.m. ET Cowboys -4

Ryder Cup teams 

touch                    Berger                  Rahm                J.T.

puttin48               Cantlay                 Rham                Xander

P3P                       Fleetwood            Finau                Xander 

Chuntmsn

doctoro

NCLancer

Greenemchn

Q  

Edited by touch

G1 bashes me when I say there is hope yet for the Clemson QB to be a decent NFL QB. He called no chance on Tarzan before he took his first snap.

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'Wher you're having one of the worst starts to a career by a No. 1 pick in NFL history but nobody cares because you play for the Jaguars NFL 16'

Top Fan

Matthew Cocciardi

Peyton Manning had 3 TDS and 11 INTs through his first 3 games, all losses where the Colts were outscored 97 - 27. If social media was around in 1998 you would’ve crucified him. He turned out to be pretty decent.
Jags are absolutely terrible and much worse than the Colts team Peyton inherited.
  • Like 1

Pictures from my early morning drive around the golf course two hours ago. In 20 days I welcome the opportunity to host my thread brother P48 for a round on this soon to be 100 year old Donald Ross classic nestled in the mountains of western North Carolina. Expect temps in the 60's Mr. Arizona desert dweller. A very good time awaits us sir. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Washington Football Team Reportedly Has New Name Narrowed Down To These Four Options

E_0zCmsUYAgz_3b-1024x1024.jpeg

E_0zEpwVEA0_wJP-1024x1024.jpeg

E_0zJeWUYBcz70z-1024x1024.jpeg

E_0zHH0VcAgwIDo-1024x1024.jpeg

• Like 1