Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

I'll be adding the winning points up now for the Ryder Cup. That was one fun ride watching it over the last 3 days. 

Great call on DJ goes out from me  to Mr. CH and Mr. NCL.

What a boob am I for chirping he was a weak pick, but then again my prognosticating skills have had me firmly in the basement for weeks.

Just look I took a top 5 defense and 8+ points and they still lost by 60 something. Just when I get excited in thinking a turnaround  might be taking hold with the Skins they have an embararasing game like today. I'm done with that old favorite team of mine.

Best name to change to would be The Washington Dissapointments. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Ryder Cup picks results   (Bonus points to be added to their football records)

Point values  

A player that had the most points earned in the Ryder Cup        4

A player that finished in the top 3 in points for the week             2

A player that finished in the top 5 in points for the week             1

1st place finish by EARNING 5 points for his team  D.J. _________________   4 points a piece for NCL and CHuntsman

2nd place finish by EARNING 3 points for his team   Morikowa, Cantlay, Xander ________________________     

4 points for P48 (Cantlay/ Xander) 

2  points for G1    Morikowa 

2 points for P3P  Xander

2 points for doc   Xander

3rd place finish by EARNING 2 points for his team Rahm, JT ________1 point for P48    Rahm 

1 point for touch  JT

Points total    * to be added to their totals please commish 2.0 * 

P48                    5

NCL                    4

C H                     4

G1                       2

doc                     2

P3P                    2

touch                 1

Q.                        1

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 3

Congrats goes out to puttinfortoomany for winning the bonus picks Ryder Cup Contest.  5 bonus points for you sir.  

Contest winner GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

And now back to NFL football. 

That was fun.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, touch said:

Ryder Cup picks results   (Bonus points to be added to their football records)

Point values  

A player that had the most points earned in the Ryder Cup        4

A player that finished in the top 3 in points for the week             2

A player that finished in the top 5 in points for the week             1

1 place finish by EARNING 5 points for his team  D.J. _________________   4 points a piece for NCL and CHuntsman

2nd place finish by EARNING 3 points for his team   Morikowa, Cantlay, Xander ________________________     

4 points for P48 (Cantlay/ Xander) 

2  points for G1    Morikowa 

2 points for P3P  Xander

2 points for doc   Xander

3rd place finish by EARNING 2 points for his team Rahm ______________ 1 point for P48    Rahm 

Points total    * to be added to their totals please commish 2.0 * 

P48                    5

NCL                    4

C H                     4

G1                       2

doc                     2

P3P                    2

J.T. had two points and a tie.  Short changing yourself also. You are in a slump Super T. 

Edited by Qqq123xx
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

I don’t know my scores in NFL or Ryder Cup, but I do know my back is effed and I can’t touch my a** but I have had enough beer I can’t really opine. When I am sober, I will chime in, embarrassingly on my home course I slapped an 80.

I think I went 3-0. Honestly, why wouldn’t I?

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 4:55 PM, touch said:

I can help G1. 

Week 3 picks 

P48             New England                     Las Vegas                     WFT/Buf OVR

Q                 Carolina                             Las  Vegas                     Dallas  X2

CH              Carolina                              Arizona                           Chicago

NCL            Carolina                              Las Vegas                      Seattle

G1               Tennessee                         Cleveland                       Green Bay

doc             Hou/Car UNDR                  Miami                              Chicago

P3P             Tennessee                         TB/LA OVR                     Pittsburgh

touch          Hou/Car  OVR                    Washington                    Philadelphia  

1-2:  New England (L)   Las Vegas  (L)                 WFT/Buf OVR  (W)

• Like 2

cartoons about dating Archives - Glasbergen Cartoon Service

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

0 fer 2.

Car/Hou ^ L

WFT + 8 1/2  L

I'm still hoping for a .500 week with my Philly +4 prime time two point play tonight.

Edited by touch

14 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

J.T. had two points and a tie.  Short changing yourself also. You are in a slump Super T. 

Yes I did overlook that Q, and I thank you for pointing it out and having my back. It has been adjusted above. I suck mightily at picks to start the season. 

• Like 1

It was a ball buster weekend at work with our greens back in shape and the weather being sunny and in the low 70's. 170 golfers each day. It is now my weekend and hoo f*ing ray for that. I am headed to my happy place this morning. My favorite foursome is playing one of my more cherished golf courses. 

11:30 tee time at Links O' Tryon. It's to be Sunny and 79* down there today.

I am going in with confidence at a medium high level. I may not have a clue when it comes to making winning picks of late, but I am playing solid golf these days and to me that is much more important.  🙂

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

After moving a house, and then re-arranging our own home to accommodate this influx of stuff I really did a number on my old fat body.  So I didn't play last weekend, but now I am seeing the end of the golf season in the Rockies so I am back at it.

Here is what I discovered.  I truly cannot turn too much, nor can I swing hard because there is no ability to extend or "finish high" in the golf parlance of JT and the Ryder Cup.  Anyway, I was playing at a lower level than general because I really was taking it easy, but I was hitting more fairways, and the drive distance was hovering around 230 vs the usual 250.  The big difference was in the approaches.  I was using hybrids from as close as 135.  I ended up with a 6 over and a 9 over and the putting was great, but nothing was dropping.

OK, so what gives?  And realize I know nothing about anything.  Because of a lack of rotation I was swinging much more vertically which created more power for the swing and the smooth swing resulted in more center strikes.  When I was on my Covid heater I was hitting the ball like this... hmmm, so in the face of adversity a flower must bloom.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, touch said:

Yes I did overlook that Q, and I thank you for pointing it out and having my back. It has been adjusted above. I suck mightily at picks to start the season. 

That would be the both of us. I also had JT. My previous post failed to accurately mention that. 

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

29 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

That would be the both of us. I also had JT. My previous post failed to accurately mention that. 

Got cha Q.

G1,

adding  1 point for Q.  It will be adjusted above in the final tally of points for the Ryder Cup as well. 

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Saturday afternoon at Umstead Pines my wife and I rode in their fancy GPS-equipped carts and played a nice 18 holes.  Absolute beautiful weather being 74 with wispy white clouds floating above like unspooled cotton candy.

Mixed tees approx 5900 yards

46 + 49 =95

33 putts, 6- 14 fwys hit

My typical ball flight is a fade but I suffered 3 nasty hooks into the woods with 1 rattling back into the fairway (yeah!), one dropping straight down in the rough (okay!) and 1 MIA (BOOO!).  Messing around with my right thumb placement as I have always been a down the shaft guy but I see others with their thumb on the left side of the shaft.  Worked on it at the range last week however it did not transfer well to the course on Saturday.  Back to the drawing board!

The thumb!!!! Yikes, that is a tough one.  The thumb over the grip will permit you to release the club better.  Just grab a highlighter or something on your desk with your right hand and try to take your right wrist from a flexed position to a prone position (which should occur in the swing), and then do it with the thumb out and which is more comfortable?  There is no right or wrong way when someone is pursuing their hobbies, but you will see a subtle change in the angle of the hand once its prone which is the release.  I am a thumb over guy, and truthfully, I can't think of any really good players that run the thumb down the top of the grip.  That isn't to say my anecdotal observations are a tried and true rule, just my observations.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

The thumb!!!! Yikes, that is a tough one.  The thumb over the grip will permit you to release the club better.  Just grab a highlighter or something on your desk with your right hand and try to take your right wrist from a flexed position to a prone position (which should occur in the swing), and then do it with the thumb out and which is more comfortable?  There is no right or wrong way when someone is pursuing their hobbies, but you will see a subtle change in the angle of the hand once its prone which is the release.  I am a thumb over guy, and truthfully, I can't think of any really good players that run the thumb down the top of the grip.  That isn't to say my anecdotal observations are a tried and true rule, just my observations.

Thank you for your help.  I certainly did "release" the driver easier...perhaps too easy as my RH seemed to roll over sooner than I have experienced with the thumb down the grip.  As with any change I'll keep working with it and hope to get the proper "feels".  I'm not one to be technical with my swing as I'm more in the "swing your swing" camp.   Again, thanks for the consult!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCLancer said:

Thank you for your help.  I certainly did "release" the driver easier...perhaps too easy as my RH seemed to roll over sooner than I have experienced with the thumb down the grip.  As with any change I'll keep working with it and hope to get the proper "feels".  I'm not one to be technical with my swing as I'm more in the "swing your swing" camp.   Again, thanks for the consult!

From what I have heard it is really difficult to make the change.  I was fortunate to have never had to go through it.  I suspect you will gain considerable distance once the timing happens.  Best of luck.

• Like 1

Once again I return home happy from a full day on the golf course and read a few interesting golf recaps, today they were from NCL and P3P.

Well written stuff.  I enjoyed reading this from NCL......

"wispy white clouds floating above like unspooled cotton candy." and "1 rattling back into the fairway (yeah!), one dropping straight down in the rough (okay!) and 1 MIA (BOOO!)"

and this from P3P............

"And realize I know nothing about anything.  Because of a lack of rotation I was swinging much more vertically which created more power for the swing and the smooth swing resulted in more center strikes. "And especially, 

"so in the face of adversity a flower must bloom."

Gentlemen I wish to tell ya to keep 'em coming. 

I'm going to tell y'all a bit about our fun competitive round down south a little later tonight First I see perhaps one of today's more important subjects of discussion was assisting NCL in getting a correct grip. I want to add (with the intention in helping NCL and any others) my two cents and share something one of the assistant pro's told me that I found quite beneficial when I asked him to check my grip. I will be sharing that with a couple of explanatory photos. This is all after I run to DQ for a nice big milkshake for dessert. Anyone else always starving when they come off the course? 

Cowboys and Eagles in about and hour. Looking forward to this game.

I am grateful for my thread friends around here. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Upon further review this old man had such a mentally tough grind it out until the last shot battle against two opponents today that I am too exhausted to write well tonight. My hours spent in the fresh air under abundant sunshine have me tuckered out. I will be far more fresh in the morning and at that time will give my recap of today's round and also add my grip suggestion regarding the right hand. (with photos! ) I am addressing something different from the right thumb position with the proper grip tomorrow, but it does involve the right hand. 

NCL I  strongly agree with P3P that the right thumb should not go directly down the shaft. It should wrap comfortably just over the top and rest against the left side of the grip, but please remember I'm not an expert.

What Pete is saying with......

" Just grab a highlighter or something on your desk with your right hand and try to take your right wrist from a flexed position to a prone position (which should occur in the swing), and then do it with the thumb out and which is more comfortable?  

is if the right thumb is straight down the shaft it will not allow the hands to hinge properly going back, and too will retard slightly the hands releasing through the ball.  Well that is my take anyway. 

It really looks like Dallas will run away with this one tonight. I am fully prepared to read tomorrow that my 0-4 record was the worst of the week. 0-4 gents, yup I'm a bar setter,and I am just  your guy if you are looking for somebody who capable of delivering the lowest bar that one can set. 😅 

It's fine and it is tolerable because currently for me in Asheville the golf is excellent 🙂 and the weather is spectacular. 

Talk with you fellas tomorrow.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 6:31 PM, Qqq123xx said:

I had at least three ties total. Fleetwood had two. 

Face it we stank it up in the Ryder Cup. You did  lobby damn hard to have ties count for something, but the original commish denied your request. No biggie as thankfully the two of us  have many other talents. You for example knowing when to jump off the Pats train just  in time, and also seeing the easy Dallas pick tonight. 

Cheers brother Q and as  they say down here in the South.....

Appreciate ya  

Edited by touch
  • Like 1